An alternate view of Aunt Jemima

Time to get together folks,start a petition to get rid of this one. cant depict a hispanic woman holding a basket of corn. Everyone knows her as the Santitas Chips girl... but its demeaning. did she have to pick corn for white peoples chips? oh hell no.

Next up is the Morton Salt Girl.

1713279253203.png

There was things offensive how they treated Irish and Italian immigrants back in the day, but we got through it.

Mostly by taking the jobs the WASPs didn't want, and getting power that way.

That and at least the Italians could go with their cuisine.
So what's wrong with discussing those offensive things? Why does your soft white culture want to do fantasy and cosplay instead?

did they change the name of the character to something like "Jennifer Aniston?"
No?
There ya go.
Changing the name would have just drawn attention to what they were trying to move past

And people are so sensitive they’d have been damned no matter what they changed the name to.

Were you looking in the mirror when you asked that question, racist?

Aunt Jemima was removed because you people didn't want to see a black woman on the product.

The Land O' Lakes Indian was removed because you people didn't want to see an Indian on the product.

Uncle Ben was removed because you people didn't want to see a black man on the product.

The pale white Quaker Oats guy is still there, though.

Yes, you truly are. Everything you tards do backfires and ends up having the opposite effect.
No, I as looking right at you, racist.

Those images reinforced the racist stereotypes you live by.

The people who benefitted from those images, both the actors and the companies used racism for profit.
As a racist, this is something I'm sure you support.

The quaker oats guy?
No actor, no real person, could just as well be

1713279719483.png

So why don't you astart a thread complaining about Black Mermaids and Black elves.
You'd be right at home.

It's your thread you clueless cosplaying fucktard.... :laugh:

Exactly. You want to tell me what my complaint is because like the Pearl Milling Company you merely want to use my likeness to sell your sad fan fiction.

Now I know exactly what your fragility is all about. You fail whites like to imagine that you allow these protests and protestations to occur at your discretion and your feeble frail white mind needs to maintain that illusion.
Ha!

You didnt free the slaves - whites did

And you cant get over that or move on

Again, the Irish went through the same shit.

We dealt with it.
No. The Irish didn't go through the same chattel slavery that Nancy Green, her husband or her children (whom she lost before the end of civil war) went through. Stop trying to make your people bigger victims than they actually were you little wannabe victim bitch.

Then why didn’t they let her dress normally and speak proper English like they would for an older white woman?

Hmm yet Nancy Green's family and Williams' family had no problem with these depictions but welcomed it.

I dunno.. MAybe that was actually the way people in Chicago's black community in the early 1900s still spoke? SHO NUFF... sounds like slang that was probably commonly used.

Ha!

You didnt free the slaves - whites did

And you cant get over that or move on
I have all day not to move on from your frail white cosplay where you say fake white history like this and then are still too pussy to admit you're a racist. :laugh:

Don't be stupid.
People may get the right idea.

Jemima, Ben, Hattie McDaniel, Dudley Henry Dickerson Jr., Tim Moore, Alvin Childress...

They made money reinforcing the racist stereotypes of the day.

And those stereotypes were of unintelligent servants who could do no better.

Which, it seems, fits your world view.
Again, the stereotype you object to is that a black person was not mistreated or undervalued by whites in America

Again, kids today have no conception that, once upon a time, Aunt Jemima was used in a series of racist ads. They don’t associate the name with anything but syrup and pancakes.

She’s a non-descript lady on a bottle of syrup who happens to be black. That’s all there is to the character today.

It’s a well known name and a bestselling brand. That’s how marketing works

I have all day not to move on from your frail white cosplay where you say fake white history like this and then are still too pussy to admit you're a racist. :laugh:
Its not fake

Whites freed the slaves because whites are good people

And that bothers you

Hmm yet Nancy Green's family and Williams' family had no problem with these depictions but welcomed it.

I dunno.. MAybe that was actually the way people in Chicago's black community in the early 1900s still spoke? SHO NUFF... sounds like slang that was probably commonly used.

Was the dialogue in the print ad word for word what Nancy Green said or something an Ad Executive came up with for how white consumers want black people to speak?

Was the dialogue in the print ad word for word what Nancy Green said or something an Ad Executive came up with for how white consumers want black people to speak?
How do black consumers want her to speak?

Oh I forget

Blacks dont want her to speak at all

Forum List

Back