Amid Milwaukee unrest, a controversial black sheriff clashes with the city's white police chief

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Black Lies Matters??? Racist to say such a thing?

Amid Milwaukee unrest, a controversial black sheriff clashes with the city's white police chief

As riots raged in Milwaukee, the county sheriff took to Twitter.

"Black LIES matter," David Clarke wrote to his quarter-million followers, ridiculing the Black Lives Matter movement.

The protesters, he tweeted later, were part of a “culturally dysfunctional underclass” and were responding to “inane provocation.”

His taunts stood in sharp contrast to the message being sent out by the Milwaukee police chief. Speaking on local television, Edward Flynn laid out the facts of the shooting that had ignited the unrest, then said he was heading to a meeting with local black pastors to plead for their help.

That White police chief has the right strategy. God bless him. Clarke hates his own people and probably himself!

"Black LIES matter," David Clarke wrote to his quarter-million followers, ridiculing the Black Lives Matter movement.

The protesters, he tweeted later, were part of a “culturally dysfunctional underclass” and were responding to “inane provocation.”

His taunts stood in sharp contrast to the message being sent out by the Milwaukee police chief.

So speaking the truth is now a "taunt." Liberal doublespeak at its finest. What a bunch of dolts.

Yeah according to the left he is just a black man causing trouble.

His taunts stood in sharp contrast to the message being sent out by the Milwaukee police chief.

So speaking the truth is now a "taunt." Liberal doublespeak at its finest. What a bunch of dolts.
I knew you would like him…the Black Sheriff ,that is….

That White police chief has the right strategy. God bless him. Clarke hates his own people and probably himself!

I don't think Clarke hates his own people. If anything, he has a somewhat narrow view of what is going on.

He can see the criminals and the bs storm they create, but he does skirt the problems that exist between law enforcement and the community.

Even so, Clarke probably has a better idea of what to do than anyone demanding less cops...

Flynn is trying to take a different tact. 50 years of a church on each corner, surely the pastors know what to do!!

But if they did, why are they keeping it secret?

I don't think Clarke hates his own people. If anything, he has a somewhat narrow view of what is going on.

He can see the criminals and the bs storm they create, but he does skirt the problems that exist between law enforcement and the community.

Even so, Clarke probably has a better idea of what to do than anyone demanding less cops...

Flynn is trying to take a different tact. 50 years of a church on each corner, surely the pastors know what to do!!

I am not sure about Clarke's motives but I suspect he likes his job and the adoration he gets from his White constituents. Being hard on Blacks secures his position for another term and he is keenly aware of that. I haven't seen his wife but I predict she is White and blonde. Nothing wrong with that but just can't see him with a Black woman. Surprisingly, Clarke is a registered Democrat. Hmmmm!

Flynn is the right man for the job of police chief. He understands the community his men police better than Clarke does. Here is a man who thinks things through and doesn't make hasty knee jerk decisions.. Most importantly,, he recognizes that most of the Blacks in the community are NOT criminals. Rather than take a hard core military stance against the rioters, Flynn has placed more value on human life than on property. HIs strategy of dialogue with leaders in the community will pay better dividends in the long run.

The sarcasm you direct at the Black church leaders of Milwaukee may be somewhat deserved. I don't know their history but none seem to have been blessed with the charisma of Dr. ML. King! I won't ignore the silence of White clergy either. How many of them serve the spiritual needs of cops who hate Black people? They need to come to that meeting too, as does the mayor and city government. Only then will viable solutions be addressed adequately.

I am not sure about Clarke's motives but I suspect he likes his job and the adoration he gets from his White constituents. Being hard on Blacks secures his position for another term and he is keenly aware of that. I haven't seen his wife but I predict she is White and blonde. Nothing wrong with that but just can't see him with a Black woman. Surprisingly, Clarke is a registered Democrat. Hmmmm!

Flynn is the right man for the job of police chief. He understands the community his men police better than Clarke does. Here is a man who thinks things through and doesn't make hasty knee jerk decisions.. Most importantly,, he recognizes that most of the Blacks in the community are NOT criminals. Rather than take a hard core military stance against the rioters, Flynn has placed more value on human life than on property. HIs strategy of dialogue with leaders in the community will pay better dividends in the long run.

The sarcasm you direct at the Black church leaders of Milwaukee may be somewhat deserved. I don't know their history but none seem to have been blessed with the charisma of Dr. ML. King! I won't ignore the silence of White clergy either. How many of them serve the spiritual needs of cops who hate Black people? They need to come to that meeting too, as does the mayor and city government. Only then will viable solutions be addressed adequately.

Clarke is what one would call a hard liner. I would not want him as a judge due to his obvious bias, but he is almost too perfect in the role he is in now because he is prone not to have misplaced compassion when dealing with people.

His complaint about liberal social policy misses the mark. It is not welfare that break up poor homes, it is the lack of opportunity plus relationship issues between the parents break up poor homes. Take the benefits away and the parents would break up faster due to the need to survive.

Even so, I find it hard to criticize Clarke because one of the major problems destroying poor communities is crime. Some people like to argue that they are forced to turn to crime to survive but the point behind social benefits is to alleviate that problem.

When you see the problem this way, it is easier to understand what Clarke means when he claims poverty is due to those trapped in it.

If you are the one trapped in poverty, that statement seems cruel because you did not see a way to avoid getting trapped. It seems like Clarke is saying you chose to live off welfare versus a career path in middle management.

What Clarke is saying is really much subtle than that.

Clarke is what one would call a hard liner. I would not want him as a judge due to his obvious bias, but he is almost too perfect in the role he is in now because he is prone not to have misplaced compassion when dealing with people.

His complaint about liberal social policy misses the mark. It is not welfare that break up poor homes, it is the lack of opportunity plus relationship issues between the parents break up poor homes. Take the benefits away and the parents would break up faster due to the need to survive.

Even so, I find it hard to criticize Clarke because one of the major problems destroying poor communities is crime. Some people like to argue that they are forced to turn to crime to survive but the point behind social benefits is to alleviate that problem.

When you see the problem this way, it is easier to understand what Clarke means when he claims poverty is due to those trapped in it.

If you are the one trapped in poverty, that statement seems cruel because you did not see a way to avoid getting trapped. It seems like Clarke is saying you chose to live off welfare versus a career path in middle management.

Frankly I don't know how Clarke managed to weave his opinionated bias against poor Blacks into conversations about the Milwaukee uprisings. IS he assuming the protestors are all poor disenfranchised people barely surviving? I hope he is aware that only about 25% of Blacks are impoverished.

Frankly I don't know how Clarke managed to weave his opinionated bias against poor Blacks into conversations about the Milwaukee uprisings. IS he assuming the protestors are all poor disenfranchised people barely surviving? I hope he is aware that only about 25% of Blacks are impoverished.

Maybe he is. We do know the riots are about a black man getting shot by cops. Hence, it is safer to assume that the riots are comprised of angry blacks.

I think I see your point here. One can assume that Clarke thinks only poor people will have a reason to riot due to his comments. Makes you wonder what policies he is instituting in the poorer neighborhoods.

Forum List

Back