Mississippi Republicans Want Separate Police Force for White, Black Areas

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Mississippi's Black community was incensed earlier this week after state lawmakers proposed to create a separate justice system within the city of Jackson that would overrule the majority Black city council and put a large swath of the local justice system completely in the hands of state officials, all of whom are white.

As reported by Mississippi Today, the legislation would allow the state's white chief justice of the Mississippi Supreme Court, its white attorney general, and the white state public safety commissioner to appoint new judges, new prosecutors, new public defenders and new police officers to oversee a new district in the city encompassing all of the city's majority-white neighborhoods, effectively creating a separate justice system for whites in what is statistically considered the Blackest city in America.

And it would do so without any of those officials receiving a single vote of support from any resident from Jackson, 80 percent of whom are Black.
"It reminds me of apartheid," Jackson Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba told the website Tuesday.

Newsweek has contacted Lumumba for comment, as well as all three of the bill's principal sponsors, who claimed on the floor of the Mississippi Legislature that the foremost aim of the bill was "public safety" amid concerns of crime rates in Jackson.

However, some legal observers described the effort by the Mississippi Legislature as an attempt by white conservative politicians to erode the Black vote in a way that had not been seen since the Jim Crow era.

This is an example of white supremacy at it's best.

Mississippi is pretty much telling white folks we are bringing back Jim Crow.

It is in fact a call to reinstate segregation.

In the past the courts would have swiftly and resoundingly rejected such rightwing racist nonsense.

But with the Trump Court anything’s possible.

Yes, Black NYU Students Demanded Segregated Housing. No, the University Didn't Agree to It.​

"NYU does not have and will not create student housing that excludes any student based on race."​

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Under the current set-up in Jackson Mississippi, are the Honky communities being treated equitably as opposed to the majority areas?

I'm unfamiliar with anything in Jackson after Charlie Daniels stopped at the Dew Drop Inn on a Saturday evening in uneasy rider.

Yes, Black NYU Students Demanded Segregated Housing. No, the University Didn't Agree to It.​

"NYU does not have and will not create student housing that excludes any student based on race."​

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
A few University students compared to the whole State of Mississippi. Yea that seems like a comparable example.

You are a joke, you racist assclown.

Racism, it had its point up to maybe 50 years ago, since then, it became just an excuse for first tilting the advantage towards Blacks with Affirmative Action through government action, then when that too failed, now as the excuse for why Blacks still can not mostly compete on a level playing field! You can lead a horse to water as they say, but that doesn't mean that he will drink it! With success comes HARD WORK.

But if it makes you feel good blaming me for your own failings, then by all means, keep deluding yourself. Sorry, but the definition of racism ISN'T based on who does and who does not agree with you!

A few University students compared to the whole State of Mississippi. Yea that seems like a comparable example.

:laughing0301:

I lived in subsidized housing in a major metro. My neighbors were about 30-40% black.

They were a VERY self-segregating group of people, except for the black guys who wanted to fuck white women.

Riddle me this, SBB. If the minority honky-american community in Jackson MS feel they are being abused and put upon by the majority blacks in that city, shouldn't they be allowed and even encouraged to go to the state government for relief?

Like I said, I've never been there. I don't know how many elected positions the white minority has in the Mississippi capital. But if they aren't getting their fair share of the bounty and jobs in city government, why shouldn't they be complaining?

Racism, it had its point up to maybe 50 years ago, since then, it became just an excuse for first tilting the advantage towards Blacks with Affirmative Action through government action, then when that too failed, now as the excuse for why Blacks still can not mostly compete on a level playing field! You can lead a horse to water as they say, but that doesn't mean that he will drink it! With success comes HARD WORK.

But if it makes you feel good blaming me for your own failings, then by all means, keep deluding yourself. Sorry, but the definition of racism ISN'T based on who does and who does not agree with you!
Just more right wing excuse making, anyone with a little common sense knows that is bullshit.

Forum List

Back