Americas Rape Culture

No, I am trying to understand why rape is so prevalent in our so called modern society. It looks like the reason is that male attitudes have not developed beyond the caves. What do you think ?

What's the title of your thread here? AMERICA'S rape culture? :D Now you are back pedaling from your ignorant accusations of America having some sort of "rape culture" as if rape and bad people do not exist elsewhere in the world.
Im not back peddling at all. It is obvious that you have an issue.neither of us know if it is better or worse than any other country.
I am amused that it is so important to you that America has less of a problem than the UK. Does that give you some sort of comfort ? If so you need to take a step back and have a think about it.

It is demonstrably worse in Europe. Hell in Cologne the government told the women (over 800 of them) that it was their fault that they were assaulted by the immigrants. Please show us where over 800 women were assaulted in a single place, in one night, IN PUBLIC, and the authorities did nothing to help them. Go ahead taint. Show us where that happened in the good ole USA.

so a little rape is fine as long as it does not get outta hand?

So you are just trolling for attention then?
No, I am trying to understand why rape is so prevalent in our so called modern society. It looks like the reason is that male attitudes have not developed beyond the caves. What do you think ?
If you were concerned about 'rape in modern society', why start a thread entitled 'Americas rape culture'? And where are your threads on the Rotherham rape and paedo rings? Where are your threads on the Cologne sex assaults and rapes? Where are your threads on Sweden? On Europe? Why have you continuously played down these issues? Why did you liken the Cologne sex attacks and rapes to football fans shouting 'get yer tits outs'? Why do you think people cannot see right through you to your rampant trolling anti-American hypocrisy?
Why,why,why.............. - if you cant be honest I cant engage with you. Neo nazis arent to my taste anyway.
There was dishonesty in that post?

Would you kindly direct me to the dishonesty? You know us Americans. We seriously lack comprehension skills.
She misrepresents,she quotes out of context and is fundamentally dishonest.
The subtext of her crap is that I am some kind of apologist for crimes committed by muslims in Europe. its a nonsense.
All I have done is pointed out that because some muslims have committed crimes it does not mean that all muslims are guilty. I have also pointed out that a large number of the allegations are made up.
Tilly is an islamophobe and a bit limited intellectually.Those who support her are probably the same.

You have defended the ideological construct that led to the coverup of the Rotherham Rape Ring.

What's the title of your thread here? AMERICA'S rape culture? :D Now you are back pedaling from your ignorant accusations of America having some sort of "rape culture" as if rape and bad people do not exist elsewhere in the world.
Im not back peddling at all. It is obvious that you have an issue.neither of us know if it is better or worse than any other country.
I am amused that it is so important to you that America has less of a problem than the UK. Does that give you some sort of comfort ? If so you need to take a step back and have a think about it.

It is demonstrably worse in Europe. Hell in Cologne the government told the women (over 800 of them) that it was their fault that they were assaulted by the immigrants. Please show us where over 800 women were assaulted in a single place, in one night, IN PUBLIC, and the authorities did nothing to help them. Go ahead taint. Show us where that happened in the good ole USA.

If you were concerned about 'rape in modern society', why start a thread entitled 'Americas rape culture'? And where are your threads on the Rotherham rape and paedo rings? Where are your threads on the Cologne sex assaults and rapes? Where are your threads on Sweden? On Europe? Why have you continuously played down these issues? Why did you liken the Cologne sex attacks and rapes to football fans shouting 'get yer tits outs'? Why do you think people cannot see right through you to your rampant trolling anti-American hypocrisy?
Why,why,why.............. - if you cant be honest I cant engage with you. Neo nazis arent to my taste anyway.

Would you kindly direct me to the dishonesty? You know us Americans. We seriously lack comprehension skills.
The subtext of her crap is that I am some kind of apologist for crimes committed by muslims in Europe. its a nonsense.
All I have done is pointed out that because some muslims have committed crimes it does not mean that all muslims are guilty. I have also pointed out that a large number of the allegations are made up.
Tilly is an islamophobe and a bit limited intellectually.Those who support her are probably the same.

You have defended the ideological construct that led to the coverup of the Rotherham Rape Ring.
Looks like Tommy is not an innocent bystander. Gonna have to do some research.

At this time my scorn concerns his attitude toward my fellow Americans. I have seen his defense of an out of control religious sect and the utilization of their religion to justify sexual deviants.

At least I can get a response from him. How truthful? Not quite sure.

No I havent. Why do you make things up ?

I know someone who is an Islamophobe as well. Ugly trait to broad brush an entire group. Tilly :eusa_naughty:

No I havent. Why do you make things up ?

Yes, you have.

I know someone who is an Islamophobe as well. Ugly trait to broad brush an entire group. Tilly :eusa_naughty:
Now ask Tammy to prove I have EVER done so.

You are falling for tommys strawman. It's how he deflects from the issue at hand and avoids condemning criminals who happen to be Muslim. He pretends someone has said 'all Muslims', and goes off on that tangent. So, rather than just accept his lies, ask him to prove I've ever said 'ALL Muslims are guilty'.

Follow your own advice dottie. You and your fellow progs like good ol taint here, do that crap all of the time.

Where oh where did I ever say that 'bones? I expect better from you.

Since Tommy has declared America has a rape culture, I suppose incidences such as the following must be all to familiar to Americans?

Migrant rape fears spread across Europe: Women told not to go out at night alone after assaults carried out in Sweden, Finland, Germany, Austria and Switzerland amid warnings gangs are co-ordinating attacks
  • Sweden has issued warnings to women to be wary of potential attacks
  • 15 young women have reported being groped by men in Kalmar, Sweden
  • Austrian police have come under fire after claims attacks were covered-up
  • Finnish police say they have information that the attacks are co-ordinated
  • Vienna's police chief advises women not to go out on the streets alone
  • Cologne police chief Wolfgang Albers relieved of his duties over handling of New Year's Eve sex attacks
By TOM WYKE and JAY AKBAR FOR MAILONLINE and ULF ANDERSSON IN SWEDEN FOR MAILONLINE and NICK FAGGE AND SARA MALM IN COLOGNE FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 16:16, 8 January 2016 | UPDATED: 04:52, 1 February 2016

Finnish police warn of plans by migrants to commit sexual assaults

Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 children exploited, report finds

Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 children exploited, report finds - BBC News

Jimmy Savile sexual abuse scandal

Jimmy Savile sexual abuse scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Professionals blamed Oxfordshire girls for their sexual abuse, report finds

Serious case review says mindset that girls were ‘difficult’ allowed gang rape to continue, with victims perhaps totalling more than 370

Professionals blamed Oxfordshire girls for their sexual abuse, report finds

Rotherham Council And Police Want Powers To Ban Anti-Child Rape Protests

Rotherham Council And Police Want Powers To Ban Anti-Child Rape Protests - Breitbart/
The Westminster child abuse ‘coverup’: how much did MPs know?

Claims that the establishment covered up a paedophile ring at the heart of Westminster are finally being investigated, decades after rumours first surfaced. Michael White, who was a parliamentary reporter at the time, asks veteran politicians why no one wanted to believe the worst

The Westminster child abuse ‘coverup’: how much did MPs know?

Rotherham: In the face of such evil, who is the racist now?
The Yorkshire town where 1,400 girls have been sexually abused by Asian men is a byword for depravity – all because people wouldn’t rock the multicultural boat

Let’s start with a riddle. If South Yorkshire Police can mount a raid on Sir Cliff Richard’s home in pursuit of evidence linked to a single allegation of child sex abuse 30 years ago, why were South Yorkshire Police incapable of pursuing multiple allegations against multiple men who raped 1,400 children over 16 years?

One thousand four hundred. Consider the weight of that number, feel its tragic heft. Picture 50 junior-school classes of little girls in Rotherham, once a respectable northern town, now a byword for depravity. We have seen child-grooming cases before, but the disgusting stories revealed in the report by Professor Alexis Jay amount to evidence of abuse on an industrial scale.

Men of Pakistani heritage treated white girls like toilet paper. They picked children up from schools and care homes and trafficked them across northern cities for other men to join in the fun. They doused a 15-year-old in petrol and threatened to set her alight should she dare to report them. They menaced entire families and made young girls watch as they raped other children.

These truly horrible things happened in our country – not in the distant, cruel past, but as recently as last year. All but one of the perpetrators were Muslims of Pakistani heritage who would have related to Cliff’s hit, Living Doll.....
Rotherham: In the face of such evil, who is the racist now?

There is no "rape culture" in the United States. Like I mentioned earlier, if you want to talk about "rape culture," you need to look towards the Middle East. Allegations of rape made here in the US are investigated, and if the perpetrator is found "guilty" they are then prosecuted.
I think we may disagree about what we're talking about in "rape culture" in the US. I posted examples. Where Tommy and I differ, is that I feel America isn't alone in having cultural displays that devalue women and are indirectly supportive of rape.
I think America has an over sexed culture. Don't all societies? After all, when it comes down to it, we'd be fools to deny we are nothing but animals in the end.

Included in that oversexed culture is the wink and nod to rape fetish. The reason it is tolerated, is because many women have rape fantasies. If they didn't, it wouldn't be tolerated.
Don’t Call Them “Rape Fantasies”
Study after study has revealed that one of women’s most popular erotic fantasies is being raped.

And as long as men are in power, they will empathize with those men who they seem to understand can't seem to control themselves.

If you don't believe me, go ask Bernie.

Man_and_Woman_0.jpg

It's part of the human condition. We must rise above our baser instincts and toward our higher civilized, enlightened and nobler characteristics.

In our society? Men, women, children, animals, and the environment are not only being devalued, they are being raped.

I still cannot believe that you actually made this statement. What a sick way of looking at things.

"The reason it is tolerated, is because many women have rape fantasies. If they didn't, it wouldn't be tolerated."

There is no "rape culture" in the United States. Like I mentioned earlier, if you want to talk about "rape culture," you need to look towards the Middle East. Allegations of rape made here in the US are investigated, and if the perpetrator is found "guilty" they are then prosecuted.
I think we may disagree about what we're talking about in "rape culture" in the US. I posted examples. Where Tommy and I differ, is that I feel America isn't alone in having cultural displays that devalue women and are indirectly supportive of rape.
I think America has an over sexed culture. Don't all societies? After all, when it comes down to it, we'd be fools to deny we are nothing but animals in the end.

Included in that oversexed culture is the wink and nod to rape fetish. The reason it is tolerated, is because many women have rape fantasies. If they didn't, it wouldn't be tolerated.
Study after study has revealed that one of women’s most popular erotic fantasies is being raped.

And as long as men are in power, they will empathize with those men who they seem to understand can't seem to control themselves.

Man_and_Woman_0.jpg

It's part of the human condition. We must rise above our baser instincts and toward our higher civilized, enlightened and nobler characteristics.

In our society? Men, women, children, animals, and the environment are not only being devalued, they are being raped.

And Dhara, you agree with this? WTF?

Kurt's song is sarcasm about rape and statements such as yours. Lol. :D
Bullshit, it's about surviving rape.

He told Spin, "It's like she's saying, 'Rape me, go ahead, rape me, beat me. You'll never kill me. I'll survive this and I'm gonna fucking rape you one of these days and you won't even know it.'"

It is also a protest song against the establishment. And establishment that encourages the raping of everyone.

Nirvana had wanted to play "Rape Me" during its performance at the 1992 MTV Video Music Awards. While MTV initially told the band they could play any song they wanted, the network later insisted that the group play "Smells Like Teen Spirit" instead. Hours before the show, Nirvana refused to play. However, due to concerns that the network could boycott other artists on the group's label if the group refused to play the show, Nirvana ultimately settled on performing its then-latest single "Lithium". At the start of the performance, Cobain started playing and singing "Rape Me" instead; he said he did so "just to give [MTV] a little heart palpitation". Panicked, MTV was moments away from switching from the live performance to a commercial when the band stopped playing "Rape Me" and started playing "Lithium".[3]

Appreciate your concern
You'll always stink and burn

It's not about the money, it's about the message noob.

He died because he was fed up with this fucked up corrupt system that sucked his soul dry. One can only self-medicate to relieve the pain so much. Don't be an idiot.

I see you are losing your "cool" and resorting to name calling. Lol. I also notice that you left this out of your post, "Kurt Cobain conceived "Rape Me" as a life-affirming anti-rape song." :D
Fine, you're right, I'm getting frustrated because I believe we are talking about the same thing, but I believe you are being too obtuse to pick up on that fact.

I don't know about that. Lol. You believe that women want to be raped? No, they do not. Rape "fantasies" are limited to men the women find attractive. That is not usually the way it goes in a real rape. Real rape is not pleasant, you get beaten and humiliated in most instances. It is a tactic of humiliation and degradation. It doesn't even have much to do with "sex" for most rapists.

I didn't say women "want to be raped."

What I wrote was, "women have rape fantasies."

From 1973 through 2008, nine surveys of women’s rape fantasies have been published. They show that about four in 10 women admit having them (31 to 57 percent) with a median frequency of about once a month. Actual prevalence of rape fantasies is probably higher because women may not feel comfortable admitting them.

For the latest report (Bivona, J. and J. Critelli. “The Nature of Women’s Rape Fantasies: An Analysis of Prevalence, Frequency, and Contents,” Journal of Sex Research (2009) 46:33), psychologists at North Texas University asked 355 college women: How often have you fantasized being overpowered/forced/raped by a man/woman to have oral/vaginal/anal sex against your will?

Sixty-two percent said they’d had at least one such fantasy. But responses varied depending on the terminology used. When asked about being “overpowered by a man,” 52 percent said they’d had that fantasy, the situation most typically depicted in women’s romance fiction. But when the term was “rape,” only 32 percent said they’d had the fantasy. These findings are in the same ballpark as previous reports.

Frequency of rape fantasies varied substantially. Thirty-eight percent of respondents never had them. Of those who did, 25 percent reported such fantasies less than once a year. Thirteen percent had them a few times a year, 11 percent once a month, 8 percent once a week, and 5 percent several times a week. (Twenty-one percent of the respondents said they’d been sexually assaulted in real life.)

Rape fantasies can be either erotic or aversive. In erotic fantasies, the woman thinks: “I’m being forced and I enjoy it.” In aversive fantasies, she thinks: “I’m being forced and I hate it.” Forty-five-percent of the women in the recent survey had fantasies that were entirely erotic. Nine percent were entirely aversive. And 46 percent were mixed.

What do rape fantasies mean? I believe they are no different from any other fantasies. They are neither wrong nor perverted. They imply nothing about one’s mental health or real-life sexual inclinations. They just happen, to somewhere around half of women. Rape or near-rape fantasies are surprisingly common.
I have rape fantasies. I read it was about control or something but do you know why? I feel pretty embarrassed about it and would never tell anyone (not even my boyfriend of 8 years). | The Angry Therapist

If you want to pay to see the primary source of the study, or if you are using a University database, knock yourself out. I'm not making this shit up. Sorry if facts contradict your feminist world view.
The nature of women's rape fantasies: an analysis of prevalence, frequency, and contents. - PubMed - NCBI

Do NOT put thoughts in my head, and I will not interpret what these fantasies mean.

If you say women have fantasies that "are limited to men the women find attractive," fine, I'll believe you.

But, in a civilized society, if you want to get rid of a "culture of rape," it's going to be an uphill battle when half of all women are fantasizing about it. . . .

One in twenty, several times a week?! :eek-52:

And what do the women say? That they never "tell anyone about it." So how are they contributing to this imaginary "rape culture?" Seems like you are the one blaming women for a "rape culture."

But you have no problems at all with making allegations about American "rape culture." WTH is the matter with you? Look in your backyard before you go sticking your nose into countries that actually DO prosecute rapists and don't protect child molesters.

Weird old man.

Man_and_Woman_0.jpg

Did you even read this post?

What is rape culture?

Rape culture is…

…the existence of “Keep Calm and Rape A Lot” t-shirts. They really, seriously exist.

…the media’s constant glossing-over of sexual assault with euphemistic language: “inappropriate behaviour,” “sexual misconduct,” and even plain old “having sex.”

Facebook’s refusal to pull sadistically graphic images of violence against women (while deeming photos of breastfeeding moms to be objectionable)!

…a beauty website that calls toddlers “effing hot” – even the preschool set can’t escape objectification!

…a magazine editor’s blasé admission that “the women we feature in the magazine are ornamental” and “objectified.”

…major news outlets waxing sympathetic about how two teen rapists’ “promising” lives will be destroyed by a youthful mistake, without once mentioning how the rape might affect the survivor.

…kids who call losing a sports game “getting totally raped.”

…a pizza marketing campaign that makes a joke out of rape.

…a subculture of self-proclaimed “ratters” who hack into women’s computers and steal their photos.

…college women being instructed to vomit or urinate on demand to protect themselves against rape.
What is Rape Culture? | WAVAW | Women Against Violence Against Women

…10,000 untested rape kits collecting dust on a shelf somewhere

Did you not only read that post, but follow up and research what happened to every victim? Did you look into every story, and find multiple points of view and try to understand each story?

I did. I think Dhara did too.

I think she understands what I was trying to get at. I think she also may have had a similar experiences as I have had.

Let me give you an example. . .

Did you watch that? That's not men reporting that story. Oh sure, you can say it was men's idea to produce that story, but women agreed to cover it that way. Where the hell was their integrity? I'll tell you where it was.

Those two boys were alpha males, so they agreed. And from your attitude on rape and this issue, YOU WOULD HAVE TOO! They went there and agree to cover it the way they were told to, b/c they could sympathize with alpha males. If they had been "some sweaty fat disgusting dude", would they have agreed to cover it that way?

:dunno:

Probably not.

And I wonder, if the girl they had been with, had she been 18, would it had even gone to trial?

These female journalists in the ruling class media establishment are the ones covering the story, and it's all right, or at least, not that bad, for alpha males to rape. You said so yourself.

Women might have "rape fantasies" about men THEY desire. Lol. They don't really want to experience a REAL rape from some sweaty fat disgusting dude.

Obviously we should feel bad for these poor boys. :wtf:

You watch TV, and TV has done it's trick on you because of THESE TYPES OF WOMEN. It's because of women's romance novels and fiction where over 50% of the lead character gets raped, seriously, but then eventually causes her rapist to fall in love with her.

This is what our culture sanctions. And it's not just because of men, it's also because of women. It's something deep down, almost primal. I don't claim to understand it.

Man_and_Woman_0.jpg

What is rape culture?

Rape culture is…

…the existence of “Keep Calm and Rape A Lot” t-shirts. They really, seriously exist.

…the media’s constant glossing-over of sexual assault with euphemistic language: “inappropriate behaviour,” “sexual misconduct,” and even plain old “having sex.”

Facebook’s refusal to pull sadistically graphic images of violence against women (while deeming photos of breastfeeding moms to be objectionable)!

…a beauty website that calls toddlers “effing hot” – even the preschool set can’t escape objectification!

…a magazine editor’s blasé admission that “the women we feature in the magazine are ornamental” and “objectified.”

…major news outlets waxing sympathetic about how two teen rapists’ “promising” lives will be destroyed by a youthful mistake, without once mentioning how the rape might affect the survivor.

…a subculture of self-proclaimed “ratters” who hack into women’s computers and steal their photos.

…college women being instructed to vomit or urinate on demand to protect themselves against rape.

Did you not only read that post, but follow up and research what happened to every victim? Did you look into every story, and find multiple points of view and try to understand each story?

I think she understands what I was trying to get at. I think she also may have had a similar experiences as I have had.

Did you watch that? That's not men reporting that story. Oh sure, you can say it was men's idea to produce that story, but women agreed to cover it that way. Where the hell was their integrity? I'll tell you where it was.

Those two boys were alpha males, so they agreed. And from your attitude on rape and this issue, YOU WOULD HAVE TOO! They went there and agree to cover it the way they were told to, b/c they could sympathize with alpha males. If they had been "some sweaty fat disgusting dude", would they have agreed to cover it that way?

Probably not.

And I wonder, if the girl they had been with, had she been 18, would it had even gone to trial?

These female journalists in the ruling class media establishment are the ones covering the story, and it's all right, or at least, not that bad, for alpha males to rape. You said so yourself.

Women might have "rape fantasies" about men THEY desire. Lol. They don't really want to experience a REAL rape from some sweaty fat disgusting dude.

You watch TV, and TV has done it's trick on you because of THESE TYPES OF WOMEN. It's because of women's romance novels and fiction where over 50% of the lead character gets raped, seriously, but then eventually causes her rapist to fall in love with her.

This is what our culture sanctions. And it's not just because of men, it's also because of women. It's something deep down, almost primal. I don't claim to understand it.

Obviously you are confusing fiction and fantasy with REALITY. Not unusual phenomenon to see around these parts. Lol.

Man_and_Woman_0.jpg

What is rape culture?

Rape culture is…

Probably not.

I didn't watch your video yet. Maybe later, but your "alpha male" stuff is just totally silly. A REAL man would not ever rape a woman. They wouldn't have to. :D

Man_and_Woman_0.jpg

What is rape culture?

Rape culture is…

Probably not.

I didn't watch your video yet. Maybe later, but your "alpha male" stuff is just totally silly. A REAL man would not ever rape a woman. They wouldn't have to. :D

I'm not going to argue with you. You wanted to know why I hypothesized for the existence of why our culture and our species tolerates aggressive sex. There you go. If you won't look beyond the headlines and free your mind, I can't help you.

It looks to me, you just want to play the blame game and be the victim, rather than LOOK for the reason why things are the way they are.

I'm not confusing fantasy and fiction with anything, I'm aware of where it comes from, it's roots and the results. Apparently you wish to remain in denial, and create an oppressive regime, rather than address the real issues.

Man_and_Woman_0.jpg

What is rape culture?

Rape culture is…

Probably not.

I'm not going to argue with you. You wanted to know why I hypothesized for the existence of why our culture and our species tolerates aggressive sex. There you go. If you won't look beyond the headlines and free your mind, I can't help you.

It looks to me, you just want to play the blame game and be the victim, rather than LOOK for the reason why things are the way they are.

I'm not confusing fantasy and fiction with anything, I'm aware of where it comes from, it's roots and the results. Apparently you wish to remain in denial, and create an oppressive regime, rather than address the real issues.

There is a big difference between aggressive "willing" sex to which both parties consent and a rape.

Forum List

Back