H-1B VISA - I am sick of the propaganda attacks on these programs!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
H1B Visa Requirements

I do legal/compliance work for a too big to fail bank's eCommerce department. About 3/4 of the IT/coders workers are foreigners (mostly India). The Trump and Sander supporters will say this BS the multinational corporations are taking advantage of us! Nothing could be further from the truth. Firsr H-1B jobs are highly skilled jobs that require a high level of skill associated with higher education and a vast tech background. These are not your run of the mill low paid work the left claims the wetbacks are taking

US based employers, including mine, want to hirer Americans to these positions but it is difficult to find qualified Americans. Regardless of popular myth hiring an H-1B worker is expensive and requires a lot of compliance work. First, you have to list the job and market it to Americans for at least 6 months. You then hand to the DOC you made a valiant effort and couldn't find anyone. Then you have to seek the workers from expensive job placement agencies overseas. Third, you have to prove to the DOC you are offering the foreign worker a competitive wage to a US worker and not hiring the worker to undercut salaries.

The only advantage is the employer can hire the foreign worker on a contract and not have to offer the person benefits. However when you consider the other compliance and other costs, hiring a US worker is 100 folder better deal to the US employers.

So why do US employers to through all the trouble? Simple answers: there aren't enough qualified US candidates. The long answer is a utter failure of our k-12 and colleges. Even the so called suburban schools don't place enough emphasis on math and science. In reality both math and science classes should be worth more credits to provide incentive. But the emphasis is on other subjects. Second, with the common core bullshit math style any moron can see that it is he wrong way to teach math. Third the uselessness of a college degree. How many dipshits get liberal arts degrees (the most popular degree). No degrees in engineering, math, computer science etc.

I send my son to the mathnasium, against his will I might add, and sadly he is the only white kid there. It is mostly Asians. And mostly 1st gen Asian.

So don't blame the H-1B programs. Blame the liberals who have destroyed education!

www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1b-visa-requirements.html

US based employers, including mine, want to hirer Americans to these positions but it is difficult to find qualified Americans.

Disney.

[/thread]
And Disney broke the law and will pay a heavy sum in a class action suit, pay regulator fines and be subject to strict government over-sight!

Disney sued for replacing American workers with foreigners

Disney's claim it you care:
"These lawsuits are based on an unsustainable legal theory and are a wholesale misrepresentation of the facts," said Disney (DIS) in a statement. "Contrary to reports, Ms. Moore was offered another position in the company at comparable pay, and more than 100 of the workers affected by the changes were rehired."

H1B Visa Requirements

I do legal/compliance work for a too big to fail bank's eCommerce department. About 3/4 of the IT/coders workers are foreigners (mostly India). The Trump and Sander supporters will say this BS the multinational corporations are taking advantage of us! Nothing could be further from the truth. Firsr H-1B jobs are highly skilled jobs that require a high level of skill associated with higher education and a vast tech background. These are not your run of the mill low paid work the left claims the wetbacks are taking

US based employers, including mine, want to hirer Americans to these positions but it is difficult to find qualified Americans. Regardless of popular myth hiring an H-1B worker is expensive and requires a lot of compliance work. First, you have to list the job and market it to Americans for at least 6 months. You then hand to the DOC you made a valiant effort and couldn't find anyone. Then you have to seek the workers from expensive job placement agencies overseas. Third, you have to prove to the DOC you are offering the foreign worker a competitive wage to a US worker and not hiring the worker to undercut salaries.

The only advantage is the employer can hire the foreign worker on a contract and not have to offer the person benefits. However when you consider the other compliance and other costs, hiring a US worker is 100 folder better deal to the US employers.

So why do US employers to through all the trouble? Simple answers: there aren't enough qualified US candidates. The long answer is a utter failure of our k-12 and colleges. Even the so called suburban schools don't place enough emphasis on math and science. In reality both math and science classes should be worth more credits to provide incentive. But the emphasis is on other subjects. Second, with the common core bullshit math style any moron can see that it is he wrong way to teach math. Third the uselessness of a college degree. How many dipshits get liberal arts degrees (the most popular degree). No degrees in engineering, math, computer science etc.

I send my son to the mathnasium, against his will I might add, and sadly he is the only white kid there. It is mostly Asians. And mostly 1st gen Asian.

So don't blame the H-1B programs. Blame the liberals who have destroyed education!

Much more careful, groundbreaking research on the effects of H-1Bs has recently been completed by economists at Notre Dame, the University of California, Berkeley, and the Office of Tax Analysis at the U.S. Department of Treasury. Their findings should put an end to the notion that H-1Bs are in any way good for U.S. workers. The research solves the problem of causality by employing a natural experiment. Two types of businesses were studied, those that applied for and received visas through the H-1B random “lottery” (because more employers want H-1Bs than are annually available, the government has to allocate them via lottery), and those that applied but failed in the lottery. If the H-1B visa raised wages, led to job creation, or spurred innovation, the companies that were awarded the visas should do better on each of those counts. In fact, they did not. On the contrary, over the eight years following the hiring of an H-1B worker, U.S. workers were displaced, wages were lowered, and there was no positive effect on innovation.
H-1B Visas Do Not Create Jobs or Improve Conditions for U.S. Workers

H1B Visa Requirements

I know of 15 year olds that can, yet they are not hired..

H1B Visa Requirements

The emphasis in our public school system is designed for one thing only....
To turn the little sons and daughters of Democrats into Democrats...
At least in NYC and probably in all the larger school systems....

Fuck reading,science and math....
The emphasis is on pleasing your gay partner sexually....
And this is what happens starting in third grade classrooms...

US based employers, including mine, want to hirer Americans to these positions but it is difficult to find qualified Americans.

Disney.

[/thread]
And Disney broke the law and will pay a heavy sum in a class action suit, pay regulator fines and be subject to strict government over-sight!

"These lawsuits are based on an unsustainable legal theory and are a wholesale misrepresentation of the facts," said Disney (DIS) in a statement. "Contrary to reports, Ms. Moore was offered another position in the company at comparable pay, and more than 100 of the workers affected by the changes were rehired."

movingthegoalposts.jpg

H1B Visa Requirements

I bet you say that to all the trans-gendered people you date...But schools still teach the same shit..Like I said before..I know of teens that are computer science people that go to college before high school is over....
I ran into the same problem with muchas education....It's not worth a damn if they keep hiring foreigners, or unqualified people cause they are buds with the HR dept.....So I started my own company, and the bastard contractors tried to squeeze me out with illegals........
Now tell me again how companies are not perverting the system..............

H1B Visa Requirements

I bet you say that to all the trans-gendered people you date...But schools still teach the same shit..Like I said before..I know of teens that are computer science people that go to college before high school is over....
I ran into the same problem with muchas education....It's not worth a damn if they keep hiring foreigners, or unqualified people cause they are buds with the HR dept.....So I started my own company, and the bastard contractors tried to squeeze me out with illegals........
Now tell me again how companies are not perverting the system..............
I hope they stay that way.

America needs to produce more engineers, coders, IT workers, programmers, doctors and scientist.

H1B Visa Requirements

Um, no.

H1B Visa Requirements

Um, no.
I disagree that schools are all about making little Democrats. I kids all get a ton of math and science work to do, but I believe somewhere along the way the focus shifts away from math and science.

Also liberal teachers do impose many liberal views on their students. My son has come home and states Obama is the best President we ever had, Hilliary needs to be the next President of the us and anyone who supports Trump is a dangerous bigot! He didn't get any of this from me.

Disney.

[/thread]

SCE

/thread

America needs to produce more engineers, coders, IT workers, programmers, doctors and scientist.

Now that this has been exposed as a lie, what incentive do Americans have to study science?

We told people that if you learn these skills you will be in demand, but we lied. The fact is that Indians will would for less than half the prevailing wage, so the Disney, Apple, and SCE scum will always fire Americans to hire the cheaper foreign labor.

Now that this has been exposed as a lie, what incentive do Americans have to study science?

We told people that if you learn these skills you will be in demand, but we lied. The fact is that Indians will would for less than half the prevailing wage, so the Disney, Apple, and SCE scum will always fire Americans to hire the cheaper foreign labor.
H1B visa salaries do not work that way. You have to set the higher of the actual or prevailing wage rate. Actual rates are the historical wages the company offered to domestic workers. Prevailing wages are what the industry says is the norm. Take into account the employer must still pay a job placement firm, hiring a foreign worker isn't cheap.

While many Americans are "nativist" in their thinking and simply refuse to believe that there is an insufficient number of U.S. citizens to do these highly-technical jobs (e.g., The Donald and his disciples), there is a legitimate concern about abuse of the system by companies who want cheaper-than-market tech labor, and will bend the rules to get cheap foreigners who will not jump ship the first time a better job offer comes along.

A large Pittsburgh law firm (Cohen & Grigsby) got in trouble a few years ago when videotape of a presentation went viral, in which one of their lawyers was explaining how they could manipulate job descriptions and requirements in order to target the people that the clients wanted to hire.

The unfortunate fact is that the education required to do these jobs is demanding and difficult, and "American" kids, in large part, simply don't have the maturity and pluck to get that education. They are too busy worrying about the next frat party and supporting the fucking football team.

While many Americans are "nativist" in their thinking and simply refuse to believe that there is an insufficient number of U.S. citizens to do these highly-technical jobs (e.g., The Donald and his disciples), there is a legitimate concern about abuse of the system by companies who want cheaper-than-market tech labor, and will bend the rules to get cheap foreigners who will not jump ship the first time a better job offer comes along.

A large Pittsburgh law firm (Cohen & Grigsby) got in trouble a few years ago when videotape of a presentation went viral, in which one of their lawyers was explaining how they could manipulate job descriptions and requirements in order to target the people that the clients wanted to hire.

The unfortunate fact is that the education required to do these jobs is demanding and difficult, and "American" kids, in large part, simply don't have the maturity and pluck to get that education. They are too busy worrying about the next frat party and supporting the fucking football team.

Look at all the best majors if you want to be successful in the future. They have a common theme: science and math related.

The 10 Best College Majors For The Future - Best College Reviews

1. Computer Info Sys
2. Chen Engineer
3. Mer Assistance
4. Med Tech
5. Electrical engineer
6. Construction management
7. Nursing
8. Physical Therapy
9. Aeronautics & Aviation
10. Pharmacology

H1B visa salaries do not work that way. You have to set the higher of the actual or prevailing wage rate. Actual rates are the historical wages the company offered to domestic workers. Prevailing wages are what the industry says is the norm. Take into account the employer must still pay a job placement firm, hiring a foreign worker isn't cheap.
The companies dont 'have to' do anything as the laws are not being enforced and these scum get away with blatantly having Americans train their H1-B replacements which is against the law.

But if your company donates enough money to a political PAC, the government lets you off the hook apparently.

Look at all the best majors if you want to be successful in the future. They have a common theme: science and math related.

The 10 Best College Majors For The Future - Best College Reviews

1. Computer Info Sys
2. Chen Engineer
3. Mer Assistance
4. Med Tech
5. Electrical engineer
6. Construction management
7. Nursing
8. Physical Therapy
9. Aeronautics & Aviation
10. Pharmacology
Companies advertise that tye need these people so that they can apply for more H1-B visa holders. They will list jobs that they think that no Americans can qualify for because they have such specific pointless criteria given, like a specific document editor version they need to have 8 years of use with.

Forum List

Back