Americans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cold Fusion38, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Cold Fusion38

Cold Fusion38 SUPER GENIUS

Thanks Received:
    In the desert chasing that damn roadrunner.
    Ratings:
    +307
    I am starting this thread with the hope that it will UNITE us and not be a thread to SMEAR BELITTLE and DEMONISE people from the other side of the political spectrum.

As most of you know I tend to be more liberal but I DON'T think that Bush or any other politicians from the right wish harm for our country they just differ with me in what path they think our country needs to go to maintain our status as a nation of laws and the only world SUPER POWER.

Please put forth your ideas NOT in an attempt to shout down those who have differing beleifs but in the nature of well reasoned RESPECTFULL debate.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  2. Cold Fusion38

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +307
    I think we ALL love our country. We ALL want what's best we just differ on what that is. I really HATE it when people call others TRAITORS or Anti-American. I think that is one of the WEAKEST come backs for people who can not defend their position.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    My serious take on our current President. I believe he's an ideologue, he believes in what he's trying to get done. I think his policies are wrong for our type of economic/political system. I think he believes government is the answer, to any question.

I also believe he's under-qualified for the job, in substantive knowledge. He just lacks the skills of an executive. I think he believed he'd be able to delegate or get counsel from more knowledgeable, but it's not working with health care or the czars. I may be wrong, have been before, but I think his deficits in knowledge condemn him to being a one-termer.

Take this 'missile defense thing'. I hope it hasn't the probability for problems I think. Like Russia becoming hyper-aggressive. I do hope. I moreso hope Iran isn't really where it seems they are and North Korea drops the drama for a couple years. That of course are big hopes.

While I don't hope he can push through his aggressive domestic agenda, I don't wish failure of his presidency.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Cold Fusion38

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +307
    Please join me in this NON-PARTISAN thread so we can find that we really DO have more in common then we sometimes think.

5. Cold Fusion38

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +307
    Good post Annie thank you.

6. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,631

I'm not so sure we should ever strive to be the worlds superpower. I'm willing to live without that distinction. I'm ready to be an isolationist. All the rest of the world just gives us the finger. Who needs that. I'm tired of our soldiers dying in foreign lands. Bring them home. That's the only thing I ever agreeed with the obamalama on and he's not going to do it. What a disappointment.

7. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    What do you mean "regain"?? That is telling language right there.
    The current president isn't interested in American greatness. He is interested in America as the solver of world problems. He subscribes to the idea that white America has exploited and enslaved the rest of the world and it is his job to undo all that.
    I guess wanting to better mankind is a noble goal.
    Unfortunately that isn't his job. His job is to look out for the American people at home and abroad. And his policies will run directly counter to that.

8. goldcatt

goldcatt Catch me if you can! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,331
    Good thread, Cold. :thup:
    I tend to lean a bit left, although not on every issue. There are quite a few conservative, conservative-leaning, even Libertarian posters I thoroughly enjoy reading and/or debating on here. If we all agreed there'd be nothing to argue about. And I like to argue. ;)

9. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    I think the best place to begin to rebuild this country is with the Constitution. It doesn't seem to mean much to Washington politicians these days.

10. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    Of course it never did. Show me one piece of legislation that was withdrawn or voted down because Congress didnt feel they had the authority to do that.
    Also show me where judicial review is in the constitution.
    People want to "go back" to the constitution but forget how much it has changed in 200 years.