Racism??? No...Limbaugh is just presenting the right wing point of view

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Rush Limbaugh is just plain "evil," said Rod Dreher in BeliefNet. The king of conservative talk radio is "blaming Obama for black kids beating up a white kid on a school bus," telling his audience that "this is what happens in 'Obama's America.'" We need to have an honest discussion about "black male violence"—but Limbaugh is telling white conservatives "that now that we have a black president, blacks are rising up to attack white kids!" That's just "wicked" and "inflammatory" nonsense. (watch CBS' coverage of the beating: warning, disturbing violence; watch Fox News' coverage)

Now that we have a black president, blacks are rising up to attack white kids

Blacks definitely are are acting differently not all but some feel the power trip.

Last week, a video of a school bus beating showing two African American children assaulting a white student began circulating the internet. Despite claims by authorities that the attack was not necessarily racially motivated, hate radio host Rush Limbaugh jumped on the story and claimed that in “Obama’s America the white kids now get beat up.” Yesterday, Limbaugh proposed a solution to this problem — a return to segregated busing:

LIMBAUGH: I think the guy’s wrong. I think not only it was racism, it was justifiable racism. I mean, that’s the lesson we’re being taught here today. Kid shouldn’t have been on the bus anyway. We need segregated buses — it was invading space and stuff. This is Obama’s America.

Last week, a video of a school bus beating showing two African American children assaulting a white student began circulating the internet. Despite claims by authorities that the attack was not necessarily racially motivated, hate radio host Rush Limbaugh jumped on the story and claimed that in “Obama’s America the white kids now get beat up.” Yesterday, Limbaugh proposed a solution to this problem — a return to segregated busing:

LIMBAUGH: I think the guy’s wrong. I think not only it was racism, it was justifiable racism. I mean, that’s the lesson we’re being taught here today. Kid shouldn’t have been on the bus anyway. We need segregated buses — it was invading space and stuff. This is Obama’s America.

Did he wiggle, imitating Michael J. Fox, while saying it?

I doubt Rush Limbaugh actually said that. I don't doubt the Left would jump all over him as a racist if he mentioned a black hole.
This seems to be the new tactic: the left can't win on the merits of the argument so they must shoot the other team by accusing them of racism. How long until Michael Steele is accused of racism?

Rush Limbaugh is just plain "evil," said Rod Dreher in BeliefNet. The king of conservative talk radio is "blaming Obama for black kids beating up a white kid on a school bus," telling his audience that "this is what happens in 'Obama's America.'" We need to have an honest discussion about "black male violence"—but Limbaugh is telling white conservatives "that now that we have a black president, blacks are rising up to attack white kids!" That's just "wicked" and "inflammatory" nonsense. (watch CBS' coverage of the beating: warning, disturbing violence; watch Fox News' coverage)

Now that we have a black president, blacks are rising up to attack white kids

Coming from a third party is suspect, I would like to see the full context of the statement.

Did he wiggle, imitating Michael J. Fox, while saying it?
Wasn't that Hannity? I can't remember (and I get them mixed up in their rhetoric). Doesn't matter, though - just curious. They both bore me.

I doubt Rush Limbaugh actually said that. I don't doubt the Left would jump all over him as a racist if he mentioned a black hole.
This seems to be the new tactic: the left can't win on the merits of the argument so they must shoot the other team by accusing them of racism. How long until Michael Steele is accused of racism?

Actual transcript from Rush Limbaughs website

RUSH: Hey, look, folks, the white kid on that bus in Belleville, Illinois, he deserved to be beat up. You don't know about this story? Oh, there's video of this. The school bus filled with mostly black students beat up a white student a couple of times with all the black students cheering. Of course the white student on the bus deserved the beating. He was born a racist. That's what Newsweek magazine told us in its most recent cover. It's Obama's America, is it not? Obama's America, white kids getting beat up on school buses now. You put your kids on a school bus, you expect safety but in Obama's America the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering, "Yay, right on, right on, right on, right on," and, of course, everybody says the white kid deserved it, he was born a racist, he's white. Newsweek magazine told us this. We know that white students are destroying civility on buses, white students destroying civility in classrooms all over America, white congressmen destroying civility in the House of Representatives.

why is it that when republicans don't support a black president its racist....but when democrats didn't support alan keyes for his presidency run, or clarence thomas, colin powell, condi rice, alberto gonzales etc.....it wasn't racism?

your race card is maxed out and has been DECLINED!

Funniest thing I've read all day, "Despite claims by authorities that the attack was not necessarily racially motivated..."

yeah, right

LOL

Black on white crime is NEVER EVER racially motivated :eusa_whistle:

:lol:

That is exactly what he said.

Referring to an incident in which a white student was beaten by black students on a bus, Limbaugh said: “I think the guy’s wrong. I think not only it was racism, it was justifiable racism. I mean, that’s the lesson we’re being taught here today. Kid shouldn’t have been on the bus anyway. We need segregated buses — it was invading space and stuff. This is Obama’s America.”

This is the face of the modern Conservative. Look at the so called Tea Party in DC. The signs were all about hating President Obama, almost none about Health Care Policy, or Taxes. The raw racism in these people is clear and evident.

Raw Story » Limbaugh: We need segregated buses

OK. Your point? Do you ever listen to Limbaugh, btw?

My point is that even though the local police said the fight was over who sits where on the school bus, Limbaugh used it as a tool to incite the racist element of his listening audience to believe that Obama is inciting black kids to beat up white kids

Fear anyone????

Referring to an incident in which a white student was beaten by black students on a bus, Limbaugh said: “I think the guy’s wrong. I think not only it was racism, it was justifiable racism. I mean, that’s the lesson we’re being taught here today. Kid shouldn’t have been on the bus anyway. We need segregated buses — it was invading space and stuff. This is Obama’s America.”

This is the face of the modern Conservative. Look at the so called Tea Party in DC. The signs were all about hating President Obama, almost none about Health Care Policy, or Taxes. The raw racism in these people is clear and evident.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: You would never understand sarcasim if it came up and slapped you right in the kisser, Old Rocks. Pathetic isn't it?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: You would never understand sarcasim if it came up and slapped you right in the kisser, Old Rocks. Pathetic isn't it?
Irrespective of any sarcasm or satire, there are plenty of listeners who do not see it as such. I didn't hear it; I'm not familiar with his style and if sarcasm and/or satire is normal for him; but I think it is hard to argue that many take him at his word and will believe this.

Same with Olberman.

Both sides have their enflamers.

i have no doubts rush said that
you have to remember, he exposes the absurdity by being absurd

why is it that when republicans don't support a black president its racist....but when democrats didn't support alan keyes for his presidency run, or clarence thomas, colin powell, condi rice, alberto gonzales etc.....it wasn't racism?

your race card is maxed out and has been DECLINED!

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back