Americans: Would Or Wouldn't You Join The U.s. Military? Why?/why Not?

I can think back to a news report that I saw about a Russian war ship doing military exercises not too far from the American mainland sometime earlier in this millennium.

Someone on usmb said that all Americans should be required to do a stent in the U.S. military. Do you agree with that assertion? Why?/why not?

Or, would you join the military (even if it were not required?) Why?/why not?

I understand the logic behind it, because I would love for people to understand that freedom has a price, and everyone should do their part.

But a draft is also a form of slavery, and I completely disagree with that as a solution. Maybe if there were more options, besides military.

I would not join, and I don't want my kids to join. The world is too unstable, and I don't want to die for another country's politics.

I would advise my son against joining the military. It isn't used to defend our nation anymore. Today it's used to fight for the ambitions of politicians and make billions of dollars for corporations.

I've always considered it a privilege to have served this nation in uniform. I'm too old now, but if push came to shove, I'd man an M-60 on the bunker line.

You would probably get Americans killed more than anything else.

You're probably right. Old men just get in the way...although, it was mostly them who knocked off 100,000 Russians in the Battle of Berlin.

I've always considered it a privilege to have served this nation in uniform. I'm too old now, but if push came to shove, I'd man an M-60 on the bunker line.

You would probably get Americans killed more than anything else.

You're probably right. Old men just get in the way...although, it was mostly them who knocked off 100,000 Russians in the Battle of Berlin.

The way Rdean posts on these boards I think I'd rather he didn't show up.

I'd serve with ya Tom...........Haven't quite hit the 50 mark yet, but I do still hit what I'm aiming at.

A little twist to the OP>

A what if scenario.........We went to War with Russia and China.........Full War.........do or die time for the United States.........would those who stated they wouldn't join or send their kids change their minds.

A what if scenario.........We went to War with Russia and China.........Full War.........do or die time for the United States.........would those who stated they wouldn't join or send their kids change their minds.

If another country was actively invading us? Hell, yes.

.................................^^ shut up retard. .. :cool:

This country has never been invaded. We were attacked, but that definition is far different than an invasion. If our beaches and skies were suddenly overrun by ISIS clowns with sharp knives I don't know of anyone who wouldn't defend, preserve and protect.

.................................^^ shut up retard. .. :cool:

This country has never been invaded. We were attacked, but that definition is far different than an invasion. If our beaches and skies were suddenly overrun by ISIS clowns with sharp knives I don't know of anyone who wouldn't defend, preserve and protect.

I used Russia and China as the example not ISIS.......ISIS is cannon fodder.

If I was coming of age in the 50s, I'd join because of my love for the country. Today, after liberals have ruined the nation and society, I don't have a love for what exists and I wouldn't volunteer to serve this liberal Frankenstein.

I would advise my son against joining the military. It isn't used to defend our nation anymore. Today it's used to fight for the ambitions of politicians and make billions of dollars for corporations.

Unless you're in a control room 4000 feet under solid granite somewhere around Colorado Springs, I'd say there's no way you could know that. None of us could.

If I was coming of age in the 50s, I'd join because of my love for the country. Today, after liberals have ruined the nation and society, I don't have a love for what exists and I wouldn't volunteer to serve this liberal Frankenstein.

Let China have it, in other words?

Please explain how your life has been ruined by liberals.

The right has been in control regardless of POTUS since 2000. Witness our new war in the MIddle East. You really think the left is in charge?

Defense of my loved ones is a different matter. I'm fighting to protect them.

He's full of shit. People in this country have no fucking idea of what it's like to live anywhere else unless they have purposely moved their lazy asses to a new country and tried to make it.

I have lived in two countries in South America as well as central Mexico, spent several months in Japan and Americans have no idea, none at all. Armchair twits watching Fox News thinking they have a bead on the world.

Defense of my loved ones is a different matter. I'm fighting to protect them.

Fighting? Cry me a river. What are you fighting, besides your t.v. channel clicker when the battery dies?

He's full of shit. People in this country have no fucking idea of what it's like to live anywhere else unless they have purposely moved their lazy asses to a new country and tried to make it.

I have lived in two countries in South America as well as central Mexico, spent several months in Japan and Americans have no idea, none at all. Armchair twits watching Fox News thinking they have a bead on the world.

That a straw man, or site specific...........As I've been to a lot of countries.

Forum List

Back