Americans Most and Least Favorite Nations

I noticed that Republicans tended to like Israel more than Democrats, why am I not surprised?

I don't know, why am I surprised?

Jews for the most part are far more liberal than conservative, so I would tend to think it would be the Democrats.

As far as the list goes, of course the least favorable are the ones demonized the most in the media.

If people thought for themselves, there would be other countries in there with less favorable opinions than Iran.

Jews for the most part are far more liberal than conservative, so I would tend to think it would be the Democrats.

As far as the list goes, of course the least favorable are the ones demonized the most in the media.

If people thought for themselves, there would be other countries in there with less favorable opinions than Iran.

I think I remember reading some time ago that American Jews were strongly represented in the ranks of Democrats. I have my own views as to why that might be. And I remember about the same time reading how Republicans strongly identified with the Saudis, no secret there, oil. It seems there's been a shift in sentiment.

Really? Which one(s) would you consider less favorable than Iran?

From the link...
The only other country to approach 90% favorability over the years has been Australia. On each of the three occasions it was included in Gallup's country list, including last year, it ranked just as high as Great Britain.

No telling why they did not include it every time.

I think I remember reading some time ago that American Jews were strongly represented in the ranks of Democrats. I have my own views as to why that might be. And I remember about the same time reading how Republicans strongly identified with the Saudis, no secret there, oil. It seems there's been a shift in sentiment.

The reason Jews are strongly represented in the ranks of democrats goes back to FDR and the New Deal. Jews tended to be pro-union; pro-New Deal; and pro-civil rights.

The left of the party seems to have turned on us, so that might change. Problem is that the core values of the dems are still what appeals to us for the most part.

The reason Jews are strongly represented in the ranks of democrats goes back to FDR and the New Deal. Jews tended to be pro-union; pro-New Deal; and pro-civil rights.

The left of the party seems to have turned on us, so that might change. Problem is that the core values of the dems are still what appeals to us for the most part.

I didn't know where the affiliation started so that's good info, thanks jillian. That validates my unspoken/unwritten thoughts on it. Pro-union, pro-New Deal and pro- civil rights is an intelligent position to adopt.

Have the left of the Dems turned on Jews or are they criticising Israel? Note - this is not meant to be interpreted by anyone as inflammatory. I know a simple, straightforward and (for me) reasonable question may be piggybacked on by others so I need to make that point.

I didn't know where the affiliation started so that's good info, thanks jillian. That validates my unspoken/unwritten thoughts on it. Pro-union, pro-New Deal and pro- civil rights is an intelligent position to adopt.

Have the left of the Dems turned on Jews or are they criticising Israel? Note - this is not meant to be interpreted by anyone as inflammatory. I know a simple, straightforward and (for me) reasonable question may be piggybacked on by others so I need to make that point.

I think more Jews are Democrats still. Here was my point back when, there is more backing of Israel from those on the right than on the left. Jews are a small percentage in either party, but they do vote. ;)

I think more Jews are Democrats still. Here was my point back when, there is more backing of Israel from those on the right than on the left. Jews are a small percentage in either party, but they do vote. ;)

Perhaps it's a case of the left looking for the new downtrodden?

Anyway I think I can be indicted for serious thread drift here so I may have to tell my keyboard to take the fifth. :eusa_think:

Criticims isn't the problem. It's this type of thing.

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/40258.htm

Forum List

Back