How the Army has changed me over two years

Improvement?

• Big improvement

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • You look a heck of a lot older

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Changed from a cute kid to an ugly bulldog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Changed from a cute kid to an ugly bulldog - but worth it!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
David, you were good looking in both! :cool: I like the later, though my middle school students would probably disagree. :rofl:

The poll's only for fun, based on actual comments I've had from friends. I know there are far more important things.

My family have complained that I've only been back three days but the fridge is empty and everything smells of feet!

The poll's only for fun, based on actual comments I've had from friends. I know there are far more important things.

My family have complained that I've only been back three days but the fridge is empty and everything smells of feet!

LOL! That will change when you are 22 or 23. The feet get with it! The food, well that's another story.

My first son, now 40, wasn't doing so good in college, dropped out and joined the Army. Served with distinction in the Armor MOS, became a M1A1A1 tank commander and was discharged in '93 I think. The army focused him, gave him the motivation and confidence to make his mark in the professional world.

My second son has now finished basic and nearly completing his MOS training as a engineering tech, 21T. Same army, same result. He's was lost but now he's found. Both of my sons loved the Army and excelled in it. #2 will come home soon to start college and specialize in a particular segment of his MOS.

My #3 son is not the type to be regimented. He and his dog, Gypsy, a pure bred Husky, are right out of "Grizzly Adams".

Good luck and thank you for serving.

Cheers,

Pat

Congrats and best wishes to him. There are all sorts of different persoanlities in the military.

Sorry for late reply -been very busy!

David

That sure is a masive transformation, fella! :clap2:
You ain't so pretty, gotta admit, but seriously, well done on what you're doing.

Hey, I notice your blue chord. Are you infantry? I'm leaving for MCRD San Diego in June to become a Marine. I can't wait...only a few more months...

Hey there, Semper Fi! Infantry, yes.

All the best to you with your career.

You ain't so pretty, gotta admit
Well, my girlfriend would agree with you!
DV4.jpg

Forum List

Back