Americans and Travel

Troll post ^^^

Seriously? How can I troll post and you don't even know me?

I do now.

I know her VERY well, and have since 2004, and though we do not agree politically, I consider her a good friend. She is anything but a troll. So sorry, you would be dead wrong there.

I remain unconvinced.

I wasn't trying to convince you. I was simply telling the truth.

I would however like to know how you came to the conclusion that her post was a troll post.

I'm guessing that someone who doesn't fall in line with him "lock step" must be a troll....now going to search for a rolling eyes emoji....

Couldn't find one but this works too.

Ask an American if they travel.
What you'll get most likely is yeah, I get around, I been everywhere...
I been to New York, I been to Chicago, I been to Los Angeles, I been to Dallas, I been to Denver, I been to Miami.

First off, right of the bat...
That isn't going anywhere.
There is only so much variation those places could possibly even legally offer, because they're all in the same country.
They're also so easy to get to within the USA that is most certainly also isn't really called travel.
That's commuting... not traveling.
And its all the same exact people.

That is in NO WAY, any kind of a way to learn about the world.
None.

Number 2...
They're all American big cities... with high crime, some of them exceedingly high crime... dangerous, nasty fucking places.
And they offer NOTHING else besides urbanization.

Number 3.
There is no culture difference.
Its either red or its blue.

If you heard one republican, you heard them all.
If you heard one democrat, you heard them all.

And if you heard both, you heard the entire USA.

Number 4...
Not a single solitary one is going to do a MOTHERFUCKING for you if you're wanted by the American Government...
Because they are the American Government.

The Blue State isn't going to NOT ship you down to Texas with an AS IS deal to have you face you lethal injection.
The Blue State by the end of the day, IS Texas.

That's how much these retards really have traveled.... to NOWHERE.

Ask an American if he ever played sports.

Its I play Baseball, Football, or Basketball.

Of course by Football he means the American NFL and College type, which isn't a sport as much as it is Junk....
Nor is it codified and played, or recognized anywhere else outside of the USA except for Canada....
And Canada not really.

Baseball is more global, but there are only a handful of countries that play it, and most countries have only one or a few teams in their whole country.

Basketball also isn't widely popular in the world.

Of course when you mention soccer, (which is really football) then he'll make the claim that its really a woman's sport...
Because the USA has the best Female team in it.
But the men Suck at it.

There is a reason why the USA's men suck at it... because they're bigots that's why.
Bigots rarely care to learn anything foreign, OR different.

They also don't know much about any other sports.

That's how fucking annoying it is to talk to Americans about anything intelligent.

You got any of those bitter pills left? i sure could use one right about now!

That's how fucking annoying it is to talk to Americans about anything intelligent.

Then don't talk to Americans ...

snl_hooligans1.jpg

When you have such great intellects at home.

Disney Time!

Take your RV and go to Florida and visit Disney World, home of the Epcot Center and various colorful attractions such as the eerie but exciting Alien Encounter ride (now closed).

I went in high school and did the Alien Encounter ride and was so freaked out; I honestly felt like that Xeno-creature was running around and breathing because of all those fantastic special-effects.

Travelling in America ain't bad; it's all about optimism. Wherever you go, remember to try hot dogs in the state you're visiting.

ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Counter Disney

Disney Memento

I ate these hot dogs in Iceland (ignorant American as I am) and I got to say, these were some of the best I ever had. They boil them in beer, and they've got this apple based mustard on them, with crispy onions. the hot dog itself has lamb meat in it as well, and pretty natural, so it's damn good! and thats all I got to say about Iceland.
( Ignorant American as I am :beer:)
IMG_3494.jpg

I been to New York, I been to Chicago, I been to Los Angeles, I been to Dallas, I been to Denver, I been to Miami.

There is only so much variation those places could possibly even legally offer, because they're all in the same country.
They're also so easy to get to within the USA that is most certainly also isn't really called travel.

None.

Number 2...
They're all American big cities... with high crime, some of them exceedingly high crime... dangerous, nasty fucking places.

Number 3.

Number 4...
Not a single solitary one is going to do a MOTHERFUCKING for you if you're wanted by the American Government...

The Blue State isn't going to NOT ship you down to Texas with an AS IS deal to have you face you lethal injection.

Of course by Football he means the American NFL and College type, which isn't a sport as much as it is Junk....
Nor is it codified and played, or recognized anywhere else outside of the USA except for Canada....
And Canada not really.

Baseball is more global, but there are only a handful of countries that play it, and most countries have only one or a few teams in their whole country.

Of course when you mention soccer, (which is really football) then he'll make the claim that its really a woman's sport...
But the men Suck at it.

There is a reason why the USA's men suck at it... because they're bigots that's why.

You forgot Ice Hocky, I thought we were talking sports here? what the hell's wrong with you??

Troll post ^^^

I do now.

I know her VERY well, and have since 2004, and though we do not agree politically, I consider her a good friend. She is anything but a troll. So sorry, you would be dead wrong there.

I remain unconvinced.

I would however like to know how you came to the conclusion that her post was a troll post.

Right from the get-go it was based on a foundation of anti-American pretentiousness. "I travel" = 'I'm better than you provincial rubes who don't.' "I don't tell people I'm American" = 'I'm not only better than you rubes who don't travel, but I'm better than other Americans who do, AND I'm ashamed of my own country.'

That's a shit attitude intended to offend Americans = troll post

What a snob this iceman30 is! Typical European. I read this string because you listed all the cities where I have lived and worked. Be leave me PAL, you have no idea what you are talking about. Every city you mention has a different culture! That is what makes America great. We incorporated what good Europe had to offer and threw out the garbage, such as Royalty and Aristocracy.
I live in Thailand and have travelled the world literally. There are two types of Brits. Gentlemen and street garbage who can't make a sentence without the word Fuck, or Fook'n hell as they say. When an Irishman goes on vacation, he changes PUBS for a week!
The EU is falling apart, because all Europeans think they are special.
Well I got news, all the Europeans with any brains and balls got on the boat for America. All the criminals went to Australia, and the ones who stayed were too drunk or stupid to do anything!

I wrote a piece awhile back titled What is an American? I think I will publish it on this site tomorrow. It seems there are some on this site who don't know what an American is!

None.

Number 2...

Number 3.

Number 4...

And Canada not really.

But the men Suck at it.

it's really annoying to talk to know it all foreigners too.

I like to travel but I hate travelling to big cities. To me a city is the most unpleasant part of a trip and is merely something to be endured on the way to the places I like to visit, wilderness areas especially.

“I was having dinner…in London…when eventually he got, as the Europeans always do, to the part about “Your country’s never been invaded.” And so I said, “Let me tell you who those bad guys are. They’re us. WE BE BAD. We’re the baddest-assed sons of bitches that ever jogged in Reeboks. We’re three-quarters grizzly bear and two-thirds car wreck and descended from a stock market crash on our mother’s side. You take your Germany, France, and Spain, roll them all together and it wouldn’t give us room to park our cars. We’re the big boys, Jack, the original, giant, economy-sized, new and improved butt kickers of all time. When we snort coke in Houston, people lose their hats in Cap d’Antibes. And we’ve got an American Express card credit limit higher than your piss-ant metric numbers go. You say our country’s never been invaded? You’re right, little buddy. Because I’d like to see the needle-dicked foreigners who’d have the guts to try. We drink napalm to get our hearts started in the morning. A rape and a mugging is our way of saying 'Cheerio.' Hell can’t hold our sock-hops.
We walk taller, talk louder, spit further, fuck longer and buy more things than you know the names of. I’d rather be a junkie in a New York City jail than king, queen, and jack of all Europeans. We eat little countries like this for breakfast and shit them out before lunch.”

P.J. O'Rourke, Holidays in Hell

None.

Number 2...

Number 3.

Number 4...

And Canada not really.

But the men Suck at it.

I was born in Florida. Dad was from Chicago. Mom was European. He met her after WW2 there.

We have lived in Illinois, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, California, Germany, and Morocco as well.

I have travelled to England, France, Switzerland, Greece, Israel, Fiji, and Mexico.

So yah, I get around.

None.

Number 2...

Number 3.

Number 4...

And Canada not really.

But the men Suck at it.

There are plenty of Americans who do travel, many of them are young.

I went to Italy, Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia with a young American girl who was living in Austria for a year. After she got home, that was it, the end of traveling, marriage.

Her father thought she was going to die in Turkey because it's a Muslim country. He had not fucking clue.
I would not mind seeing Istanbul and the ancient ruins of Troy in Turkey.

None.

Number 2...

Number 3.

Number 4...

And Canada not really.

But the men Suck at it.

I went to Italy, Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia with a young American girl who was living in Austria for a year. After she got home, that was it, the end of traveling, marriage.

Her father thought she was going to die in Turkey because it's a Muslim country. He had not fucking clue.

I had the great fortune of taking a Mediterranean cruise a few years ago and took a side trip to Ephesus in Turkey. Turkey is beautiful and now I want to see even more.

I do now.

I remain unconvinced.

Right from the get-go it was based on a foundation of anti-American pretentiousness. "I travel" = 'I'm better than you provincial rubes who don't.' "I don't tell people I'm American" = 'I'm not only better than you rubes who don't travel, but I'm better than other Americans who do, AND I'm ashamed of my own country.'

Unk(whatever), my post was meant that SOME American tourists travel on the expectation that everything should be just like at home instead of learning about different cultures and respecting that you're in their house, not yours. We all can benefit from learning new things from others but you won't if you think that there should only be a McDonald's, Coco's, and Olive Garden on every corner. Lighten up....sheesh.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

None.

Number 2...

Number 3.

Number 4...

And Canada not really.

But the men Suck at it.

I had the great fortune of taking a Mediterranean cruise a few years ago and took a side trip to Ephesus in Turkey. Turkey is beautiful and now I want to see even more.

There are lots of places there. I went by train from Izmir on the way to Ephesus, walked past the Temple of Artemis, I didn't even know it was there until I stumbled upon it. I also went to Pergamum, a fortress on a hill, you can walk through the streets there too, but almost no one is there.

I do now.

I remain unconvinced.

Unk(whatever), my post was meant that SOME American tourists travel on the expectation that everything should be just like at home instead of learning about different cultures and respecting that you're in their house, not yours. We all can benefit from learning new things from others but you won't if you think that there should only be a McDonald's, Coco's, and Olive Garden on every corner. Lighten up....sheesh.

Usually there is a McDonald's on every corner...

Forum List

Back