Americans and Travel

Ask an American if they travel.
What you'll get most likely is yeah, I get around, I been everywhere...
I been to New York, I been to Chicago, I been to Los Angeles, I been to Dallas, I been to Denver, I been to Miami.

First off, right of the bat...
That isn't going anywhere.
There is only so much variation those places could possibly even legally offer, because they're all in the same country.
They're also so easy to get to within the USA that is most certainly also isn't really called travel.
That's commuting... not traveling.
And its all the same exact people.

That is in NO WAY, any kind of a way to learn about the world.
None.

Number 2...
They're all American big cities... with high crime, some of them exceedingly high crime... dangerous, nasty fucking places.
And they offer NOTHING else besides urbanization.

Number 3.
There is no culture difference.
Its either red or its blue.

If you heard one republican, you heard them all.
If you heard one democrat, you heard them all.

And if you heard both, you heard the entire USA.

Number 4...
Not a single solitary one is going to do a MOTHERFUCKING for you if you're wanted by the American Government...
Because they are the American Government.

The Blue State isn't going to NOT ship you down to Texas with an AS IS deal to have you face you lethal injection.
The Blue State by the end of the day, IS Texas.

That's how much these retards really have traveled.... to NOWHERE.

Ask an American if he ever played sports.

Its I play Baseball, Football, or Basketball.

Of course by Football he means the American NFL and College type, which isn't a sport as much as it is Junk....
Nor is it codified and played, or recognized anywhere else outside of the USA except for Canada....
And Canada not really.

Baseball is more global, but there are only a handful of countries that play it, and most countries have only one or a few teams in their whole country.

Basketball also isn't widely popular in the world.

Of course when you mention soccer, (which is really football) then he'll make the claim that its really a woman's sport...
Because the USA has the best Female team in it.
But the men Suck at it.

There is a reason why the USA's men suck at it... because they're bigots that's why.
Bigots rarely care to learn anything foreign, OR different.

They also don't know much about any other sports.

That's how fucking annoying it is to talk to Americans about anything intelligent.

it's really annoying to talk to know it all foreigners too.

I like to travel but I hate travelling to big cities. To me a city is the most unpleasant part of a trip and is merely something to be endured on the way to the places I like to visit, wilderness areas especially.

Maybe you need to go to cities that actually have some culture. Have you ever left the US?

I do now.

I know her VERY well, and have since 2004, and though we do not agree politically, I consider her a good friend. She is anything but a troll. So sorry, you would be dead wrong there.

I remain unconvinced.

I wasn't trying to convince you. I was simply telling the truth.

I would however like to know how you came to the conclusion that her post was a troll post.

Right from the get-go it was based on a foundation of anti-American pretentiousness. "I travel" = 'I'm better than you provincial rubes who don't.' "I don't tell people I'm American" = 'I'm not only better than you rubes who don't travel, but I'm better than other Americans who do, AND I'm ashamed of my own country.'

That's a shit attitude intended to offend Americans = troll post

Unk(whatever), my post was meant that SOME American tourists travel on the expectation that everything should be just like at home instead of learning about different cultures and respecting that you're in their house, not yours. We all can benefit from learning new things from others but you won't if you think that there should only be a McDonald's, Coco's, and Olive Garden on every corner. Lighten up....sheesh.

My evaluation stands.

I been to New York, I been to Chicago, I been to Los Angeles, I been to Dallas, I been to Denver, I been to Miami.

There is only so much variation those places could possibly even legally offer, because they're all in the same country.
They're also so easy to get to within the USA that is most certainly also isn't really called travel.

None.

Number 2...
They're all American big cities... with high crime, some of them exceedingly high crime... dangerous, nasty fucking places.

Number 3.

Number 4...
Not a single solitary one is going to do a MOTHERFUCKING for you if you're wanted by the American Government...

The Blue State isn't going to NOT ship you down to Texas with an AS IS deal to have you face you lethal injection.

Of course by Football he means the American NFL and College type, which isn't a sport as much as it is Junk....
Nor is it codified and played, or recognized anywhere else outside of the USA except for Canada....
And Canada not really.

Baseball is more global, but there are only a handful of countries that play it, and most countries have only one or a few teams in their whole country.

Of course when you mention soccer, (which is really football) then he'll make the claim that its really a woman's sport...
But the men Suck at it.

There is a reason why the USA's men suck at it... because they're bigots that's why.

That's how fucking annoying it is to talk to Americans about anything intelligent.

I like to travel but I hate travelling to big cities. To me a city is the most unpleasant part of a trip and is merely something to be endured on the way to the places I like to visit, wilderness areas especially.

Maybe you need to go to cities that actually have some culture. Have you ever left the US?

Yes I have and a city is a city nothing interests me in any city except maybe for some of the architecture especially cathedrals on Renaissance era buildings.
When I travel and yes I have traveled outside the US I travel to see natural sights I can't see in this country not to be jammed cheek to jowl with tourists

None.

Number 2...

Number 3.

Number 4...

And Canada not really.

But the men Suck at it.

There it is again.

I know her VERY well, and have since 2004, and though we do not agree politically, I consider her a good friend. She is anything but a troll. So sorry, you would be dead wrong there.

I remain unconvinced.

I would however like to know how you came to the conclusion that her post was a troll post.

Right from the get-go it was based on a foundation of anti-American pretentiousness. "I travel" = 'I'm better than you provincial rubes who don't.' "I don't tell people I'm American" = 'I'm not only better than you rubes who don't travel, but I'm better than other Americans who do, AND I'm ashamed of my own country.'

Unk(whatever), my post was meant that SOME American tourists travel on the expectation that everything should be just like at home instead of learning about different cultures and respecting that you're in their house, not yours. We all can benefit from learning new things from others but you won't if you think that there should only be a McDonald's, Coco's, and Olive Garden on every corner. Lighten up....sheesh.

My evaluation stands.
I just realized that I'm trying to reason with an asshole. Your evaluation is only worth what comes out your rear end. Instead of commenting on what the thread is actually about, you spout bullshit about someone you don't even know. YOU are a typical internet troll. Go crawl back under the rock you came out from.

I remain unconvinced.

My evaluation stands.
I just realized that I'm trying to reason with an asshole. Your evaluation is only worth what comes out your rear end. Instead of commenting on what the thread is actually about, you spout bullshit about someone you don't even know. YOU are a typical internet troll. Go crawl back under the rock you came out from.

I know you put up a troll post, and I know you are now feeling pretty uncomfortable about it.

American Experience!

How do Americans, so 'schooled' in modernism feel about seeing the changed 'faces' of Europe and its glimpses into dynamic culture?

The stereotype is that Americans are satisfied with Texan and Floridian sunshine...

Is that a fair assessment? Maybe Americans crave more 'rugged' individualism when compared to people from other nations (e.g., Thailand, France, Mexico, Austria, etc.), which is why we love films like National Lampoon's European Vacation.

I've lived in America for many years now, so I wonder if I've become 'biased' about Americanized 'imagination.'

====

"Wow, mom! This painting is really beautiful! I'm glad we came to Europe. I was getting bored in Kansas."

painting.jpg

"Isn't this Euro-train fabulous, son? This is the 'modern' face of Europe!"

eurorail-img.jpg

"I wonder if Europeans are big big fans of 'classic' comic book characters like Thor and Wonder Woman..."

thor.jpg

====

:dance:

I never looked upon soccer as a women's sport. Have always viewed it as something for kids to start out with until they have the coordination to learn real athletic skills.

Travel is necessarily superficial. You see the Tourist Stuff in countries that you visit, just like the millions who preceded you. It is extremely difficult to get to know what it is like to live someplace. Things like the education system, housing, taxes, healthcare, WORKING and being compensated, retirement. How do the locals eat at home?

And most people want to know about several countries, not just one. It's overwhelming.

In europe, unless you are very low working class, you MUST interact with other cultures, and you probably have to know more than one language. As time goes by, however, it is LESS AND LESS necessary for Americans to learn a foreign language, because so many people around the world are conversant in English.

The impact of American entertainment is overwhelming around the world, and many, many people follow cultural and political events in the U.S., without having any in - depth understanding. There is tremendous condescension toward Americans, even more so with Trump's election. But they have no understanding whatsoever of the political Right in this country, or the U.S. Constitution and how it constrains the federal government.

So PHUK everyone. Soccer ("futbol") is a profoundly stupid game. The reason why "we" suck is because we don't waste our best athletes on this ridiculous sport.

None.

Number 2...

Number 3.

Number 4...

And Canada not really.

But the men Suck at it.

Europeans find us interesting and intellectually bright if we don’t defend trump. They find the American trump supporters extremely ignorant.

None.

Number 2...

Number 3.

Number 4...

And Canada not really.

But the men Suck at it.

Europeans find us interesting and intellectually bright if we don’t defend trump. They find the American trump supporters extremely ignorant.

No they don't.

None.

Number 2...

Number 3.

Number 4...

And Canada not really.

But the men Suck at it.

No they don't.
Have you been taking debate lessons from unkotare?

This guys right. If you’ve never left america you have really only seen a couple few hundred years of history.

For example what was America doing in 1592? I can’t find the pic but the building was built in 1500s. Amazing history in Europe.

But I’d rather be an american

Travel is necessarily superficial. You see the Tourist Stuff in countries that you visit, just like the millions who preceded you. It is extremely difficult to get to know what it is like to live someplace. Things like the education system, housing, taxes, healthcare, WORKING and being compensated, retirement. How do the locals eat at home?

And most people want to know about several countries, not just one. It's overwhelming.

In europe, unless you are very low working class, you MUST interact with other cultures, and you probably have to know more than one language. As time goes by, however, it is LESS AND LESS necessary for Americans to learn a foreign language, because so many people around the world are conversant in English.

The impact of American entertainment is overwhelming around the world, and many, many people follow cultural and political events in the U.S., without having any in - depth understanding. There is tremendous condescension toward Americans, even more so with Trump's election. But they have no understanding whatsoever of the political Right in this country, or the U.S. Constitution and how it constrains the federal government.

So PHUK everyone. Soccer ("futbol") is a profoundly stupid game. The reason why "we" suck is because we don't waste our best athletes on this ridiculous sport.

Well, it is difficult to see what it's like.

I've been to something like 55 countries and lived in quite a few foreign countries too. It takes years to understand another country properly.

However I've learned a lot more about foreign countries by visiting than I ever would by not visiting.

I went to Russia and spent 10 days in Moscow and 10 days in St. Petersburg. Now, I can see places much faster than other people. I don't waste time doing nonsense, hours eating and drinking. But I got to know these two cities quite well because I was going to parts of the cities tourists didn't go.

As for soccer. All sports are entertainment. You might not like a sport, but if others do, then fine.

Soccer is a popular sport because there are no requirements to play it. You don't need to be tall. You don't need to be heavy. You don't need to be able to do one skill well and nothing more.

Also you don't end up getting brain damage from slamming into people.

None.

Number 2...

Number 3.

Number 4...

And Canada not really.

But the men Suck at it.

...because the one week you’ve spent in Germany makes you an expert...

None.

Number 2...

Number 3.

Number 4...

And Canada not really.

But the men Suck at it.

And the one night in Bangkok made you an expert on Asians

None.

Number 2...

Number 3.

Number 4...

And Canada not really.

But the men Suck at it.

No they don't.
Have you been taking debate lessons from unkotare?

This guys right. If you’ve never left america you have really only seen a couple few hundred years of history.

For example what was America doing in 1592?

If I've never left America?

None.

Number 2...

Number 3.

Number 4...

And Canada not really.

But the men Suck at it.

Indiana Jones wasn’t just a teacher he went out and did it. Have you ever done it unkotare?

None.

Number 2...

Number 3.

Number 4...

And Canada not really.

But the men Suck at it.

Indiana Jones wasn’t just a teacher he went out and did it. Have you ever done it unkotare?

Done what, moron?

Forum List

Back