American Muslims and the Right To Bear Arms.

Discussion in 'Education' started by traveler52, Apr 19, 2010.

1. traveler52

traveler52 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    3.5 Miles From The North Tower of The Golden Gate
    Ratings:
    +134
    As we all know, today marks Fifteen Years since the Domestic Terror Attack by Tim McVeigh in Oklahoma City. Over One Hundred Sixty (160) Men, Women and Children (and not to mention for you righteous Right To Lifers celebrating your gun rights, Pregnant Woman) were murdered when McVeigh's bomb went off.

The attack on the Alfred P. Murrah Building in Oklahoma City remain the single worst domestic terrorist attack in the history of our Country. Timothy McVeigh was a Veteran of Desert Storm, who came home angry at the Army and at the U.S.

In honor of his wanton murder of 160+ Americans, gun nuts from across the country are gathering across the U.S. to celebrate their right to keep and bear arms.

So, will U.S. Citizens, who practice the faith of Islam (as guaranteed under the 1st. Amendment [freedom of religion] just as the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is guaranteed under the 2nd. Amendment) who form militia's be welcome at one of these rallies.

They are American Citizens, excerising their Right To Keep and Bear Arms.

2. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    If those hypothetical muslim militias gain legal access to protest thru permit or other legal means, and carry any weaponry in a legal fashion, and follow all rules and laws in their protest, they can knock themselves out

3. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,984
    First nice connection with RTL and blowing up a federal building.

Second McVeigh held anti-government feelings way before desert storm. Disgruntled soldiers are not very common when on the winning side.

Third, if they were protesting for the right ot bear bombs, I would be concerned, and quite frankly horrified. guns had nothing to do with the OK City bombing

And the muslims, if they promoted sharia as rule of law in the US would probably not be welcome at these railies. not because of the muslim thing, but because of the Sharia thing.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    If I were an American Muslim I'd carry and I'd take fighting courses aimed at crippling an opponent as opposed to protecting myself. The kind of hate spread about American Muslims is scary. The only hate I see similar is the hate spread about Jews and Gays.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Tim McVeighs own words are not good enough for you? You must watch cable news or listen to talk radio where ignoring fact is par for the course.

6. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
  7. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,984
    I did a wikiquote search and looked at the wiki article. From what is there his anti-authority feelings developed during adolescence and his true radicalization happened after he left the army. if you have a better reference specifically to how the army radicalized him in particular desert storm please provide.

8. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,720
    :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

YouTube - Freight Train Meets Tornado and Derails!

keep watchin

9. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    I didn't say the Army did, but every whining Vietnam era vet I know say just joining up, forget about fighting, has scared them.

McVeigh was a typical angry white male who had issues with authority. He ended up going right and it took him down a path most ringers only dream about. Of course many were horrified with the aftermath, but they fed the beast,. They are doing so now.

The right is feeding the beast of hatred and violent reaction to every move Obama makes.

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I'm pretty confident that the Constitution doesn't prevent Muslims from bearing arms. A religion has no more bearing on ones Americanism than color does.