America was FOUNDED on secession

Nope! The Articles of Confederation were rendered null and void by the ratification of the Constitution.

Show us where the Constitution says secession is illegal. I've already shown where states retained the right of secession in the ratification of the Constitution.

The Union is perpetual and perfect. If states had the right to secede, the right would have been specifically granted. You are out of luck. theoretically as well as practically.

That still doesn't fly. Show me where the Constitution says that states can't secede. It does say that any powers not specifically delegated to the Federal government are retained by the states or the people.

You don't have to be shown anything. Look up the document, look up perpetual and perfect. There is your answer. You have become Minion Three.

Jefferson wrote of "political bands", not an end to Britain itself. I posted the Declaratory Act, Muad, it is evident that the colonies were only part of the empire, hardly the case with the states & the UNION in 1861. Read also, 'The Intolerable Acts.'

The Southern states declared theirs as well with their ordinances of secession. They then gathered together and formed a constitutional government.

Even Jefferson said, "When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."
and then they preceded to start a war by continually firing on a US base.

That was a battle in which the only casualty was one Confederate horse.

Lincoln had promised in good faith not to try to reinforce the garrison at Fort Sumter and then broke that promise only days later.

You continue mistaken, woefully so. Lincoln promised to provide only food stuffs and medicines. Davis was so informed. The President of the CSA order General Beauregard to fire on Sumter.

Minion Three, you don't get to rewrite the Constitution, its meaning, or our American narrative, without being corrected every time.

The Union is perpetual and perfect. If states had the right to secede, the right would have been specifically granted. You are out of luck. theoretically as well as practically.

That still doesn't fly. Show me where the Constitution says that states can't secede. It does say that any powers not specifically delegated to the Federal government are retained by the states or the people.

You don't have to be shown anything. Look up the document, look up perpetual and perfect. There is your answer. You have become Minion Three.

If a state declares it's independence are you going to fine them ?

Lincoln had promised in good faith not to try to reinforce the garrison at Fort Sumter and then broke that promise only days later.

You continue mistaken, woefully so. Lincoln promised to provide only food stuffs and medicines. Davis was so informed. The President of the CSA order General Beauregard to fire on Sumter.

Minion Three, you don't get to rewrite the Constitution, its meaning, or our American narrative, without being corrected every time.

I believe some actually not understand the difference between 1776 & 1865, and that is sad.

I believe some actually not understand the difference between 1776 & 1865, and that is sad.

Very much so.

I want Romney to win, and I am afraid that our far right extremists plus the libertarian wing will throw that chance away with all of their nonsense.

They are not going to convince the center and conservative Dems to vote for Romney, only the opposite.

And some are too stupid to admit the similarities.

Different motivations.

But what does any of that matter? It doesn't matter what motivation you have. You aren't seceding without the US doing something about it.

King George tried to do something about it. If he'd won, would that victory have made Great Britain morally right?

From the mindset of the English? Probably. You speak about morality regarding such things as if it's a definite from any perspective.

Then why would any states that secede be any less entitled to form their own government than the 13 Colonies were?

89 :tongue:

As you can see per Texas v. White (1869) above, your post is ignorant idiocy.

Texas v. White is ignorant idiocy and also servile hackery.

You also didn't answer the question.

You sound as goofy as Cottontop's last words before he was dropped through the gallows' trap: "I was hornswoggled by love!" You are class A goof ball, the type tyrants love.

As always, you have no facts or logic to contribute, just infantile ad hominmens.

I've studied them both quite thoroughly. The AoC formed a perpetual union but that document is no longer in effect and even if it was, the Union might be perpetual, but membership is not. Probably none of the states would have ever joined the Union in the first place if they had thought it was not possible to get out if they thought it was necessary to do so.

Texas v. White is ignorant idiocy and also servile hackery.

You also didn't answer the question.

You sound as goofy as Cottontop's last words before he was dropped through the gallows' trap: "I was hornswoggled by love!" You are class A goof ball, the type tyrants love.

As always, you have no facts or logic to contribute, just infantile ad hominmens.

You are a goofball. When you offer something serious and to the point, I will engage that. When you act the goof ball, then I will punt that. It is what it is.

LOL. Really, this is a settled matter. Settled at Fort Donaldson, Shiloh, Vicksburg, all that way down to New Orleans. Those are all the places that my great-grandfather fought.

Should we have to fight that fight all over again somewhere in this great nation, I am quite willing to do so to the last drop of the last seccesionists blood. For that is how it will go. Very few Americans are going to be happy with someone trying to destroy this nation.

The Southern states declared theirs as well with their ordinances of secession. They then gathered together and formed a constitutional government.

Even Jefferson said, "When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

Gotta hate little historical facts like that! :lol:

Any and all secesh will be put against the wall by their neighbors. No mercy.

Minion 4, because the Constitution does not specify that right.

Now you're getting it! :eusa_clap:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Forum List

Back