America Is Soft????

Yea America is soft.

However Obama has had less time off than either Reagan or Bush at this point in his presidency.

That's a lie...but drive on with it......maybe someone will believe you.

Prove it is a lie!

Fine me a source that has the current figures. That proved I lied.

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

Among recent presidents, Bill Clinton took the least time off -- 28 days.

Presidential vacations: How does Obama compare? - CBS News

Bush and Reagan often went to their ranches, but they still worked. It wasn't vacation time.

Why don't you figure out how much time Obama has spent in seclusion in Hawaii, the Bahamas, and Martha's Vinyard, which were not set up for him to work. Compare that to the time the Bush and Reagan spent actually vacationing and I'm afraid you'll be greatly disappointed.

obama-montage.jpg

Obama....the pampered little priss who spends more time golfing then any President in our history is telling us that we're soft.

Let me tell you something prick. We don't need an empty-suit like you constantly telling us how fucked up we are. We don't need you apologizing for us to our enemies and then telling us we're lazy and soft.

If we wanted someone to talk shit about us we'd listen to any number of our critics outside this great country.

thumbnail.aspx

We don't need you, a man who is supposed to be a public servant, a man who spends most of his time ether complaining about how tough Bush made his job, or making up excuses why he can't fulfill his promises, telling us we are soft.

obummersoft3.JPG

Man-up bitch. We're tired of your crying and whining. Start taking responsibility for your own actions and stop trying to blame us for or anyone else you can dream up for them.

Rant over.

He's kind of right. Look at all the people complaining about the terrorist enemy combatant we just killed.

Pretty ironic that the "soft" President is lapping Bush in terms of Terrorist leaders killed and putting Al Queda into almost a laughing stock of terrorists worldwide.

Don't know why Mudwhistle decided to unleash this nonsense today of all days.

Epic Fail

Epic Fail

Any credit for kills belong to the military and CIA. The economy isn't the only thing Obama inherited. Leave it up to Obama and nether would exist today.

And Bush killed or captured 70% of al Qaeda's leadership.....something Obama and his drone assassination tactics cannot match.

Unlike you I remember weapons for hostages deal that Reagan admitted to.
Andf I recall Reagan pretty much doubling thr national debt.
Unlike you I live in reality not fantasy.

I am old enough that I was drafted and served combat duty in Nam.

Not really sure what the rest of that was about, I said there were problems ahead, every prez has them ... We were talking about the softness and how a prez CAN change that in very short order ... Do you remember how you felt the day after Reagan was sworn in and Iran freeing the hostages ... The weight was gone from us ...

Remember right?

I know you do, you don't have to admit it. Your responce to my post without acknowledging it's content tells me you remember but your left leaning doesn't want to admit it

Not really sure what the rest of that was about, I said there were problems ahead, every prez has them ... We were talking about the softness and how a prez CAN change that in very short order ... Do you remember how you felt the day after Reagan was sworn in and Iran freeing the hostages ... The weight was gone from us ...

Remember right?

I know you do, you don't have to admit it. Your responce to my post without acknowledging it's content tells me you remember but your left leaning doesn't want to admit it

Once this negative prick is gone the country will all breath a collective sigh of relief.

So it was about a "great, great country that had gone a little soft in its competitiveness over the last couple of decades"- a LITTLE soft- and he's talking about education and business yes? So you got all worked up and wasted real peoples' time AGAIN. PUB DUPES!! FOXBOTS!! MORONS!! AGAIN AND ALWAYS...jfc

He's kind of right. Look at all the people complaining about the terrorist enemy combatant we just killed.

Pretty ironic that the "soft" President is lapping Bush in terms of Terrorist leaders killed and putting Al Queda into almost a laughing stock of terrorists worldwide.

Epic Fail

Epic Fail

Any credit for kills belong to the military and CIA. The economy isn't the only thing Obama inherited. Leave it up to Obama and nether would exist today.

And Bush killed or captured 70% of al Qaeda's leadership.....something Obama and his drone assassination tactics cannot match.

Yeah...circumstances are different now; don't ya think? Did you know that more of Hitlers troops were killed in the first years of World War II than in the last year? Probably because there was more of them. Epic Fail #2. Didn't bring your A game tonight.

Obama is solid on National Defense; mischaracterize it all you wish. Frankly, its humorous to see the Righties swear up and down that somehow the current President doesn't get the same accolades because of the consonant next to his name on an election ballot.

Blind hatred is, I'm sure, a pain to have but its sorta fun to watch the flailing posts and the shouts at the wind. Nice rant though. Very, very humorous.

Yes, Americans are soft.

I was walking thru the mall tonight and there were people who were so fat they could barely walk.

Like the movie, Wall E.

I would say around the perimeter of the US is soft because it s mostly sand. But when you get into the US, there are many streets highways and that sort of things which would make the America hard.

Signed,
Gracie

Hudson Soft Ltd. was founded in Sapporo, Japan on May 18, 1973 by brothers Yuji and Hiroshi Kudo. The founders grew up admiring trains, and named the business after their favorite, the Hudson locomotives (especially Japanese C62). Hudson began as a shop selling telecommunications devices and art photographs. In September 1975, Hudson Soft began selling personal computer-related products, and in March 1978 started developing and selling computer game packages.

Obama is hilarious.

Who is it he hopes will vote for him again? Smack the Republicans around. Smack the professional left around. Smack the CBC around. Smack supporters of Israel around. Call us soft and say we've lost our competitive edge while he does his damnedest to make it difficult for businesses to take hold and thrive.

I am so glad he is showing who he is in time for us to right the wrong which was done in 2008 when everyone was so mesmerized by who they hoped he was.
His words are worthy of Nakita Kruschev whom vowed one day they would bury us. Look like the Statist infiltration into our government might bear fruit...

On the other hand? Maybe Obama was addressing the moochers in society?

Yea America is soft.

However Obama has had less time off than either Reagan or Bush at this point in his presidency.

I'm not sure how old you are Uscitizen, but it took about 10 minutes of Reagan to return America to what it was before Carter. Reagan had said his very first action as Prez would be to "bring our hostages home, by any means neccesary" everyone on the planet knew what "by any means neccesary" meant including the Irainians ... They put the hostages on a plane before Reagan took his hand off the bible.

Instantly the "climate" of the nation changed ... There was a lot to fix and trouble ahead, but America was BACK

The weapons for hostages deal? That was 4 years later. What does that have to do with the Iranian Embassy hostages???

And often when a Republican takes over the Democrat before them has gutted Defense so severely that they have to spend billions just to get us back up to the level we were before they took over.

It's a constant cycle. The Republicans build up the military, the Dems take control and use them for their own purposes, then they gut them to the point that they're at hollow or at half strength....then the Republican builds them up again. Bush had to do the same exact thing, only this time it was much more expensive.

How do I know this?

I was in the military during Ford, Carter, Reagan, GHW Bush, and during Clinton. And now I've served as a civilian in the DOD under Bush and Obama.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how old you are Uscitizen, but it took about 10 minutes of Reagan to return America to what it was before Carter. Reagan had said his very first action as Prez would be to "bring our hostages home, by any means neccesary" everyone on the planet knew what "by any means neccesary" meant including the Irainians ... They put the hostages on a plane before Reagan took his hand off the bible.

Instantly the "climate" of the nation changed ... There was a lot to fix and trouble ahead, but America was BACK

The weapons for hostages deal? That was 4 years later. What does that have to do with the Iranian Embassy hostages???

And often when a Republican takes over the Democrat before them has gutted Defense so severely that they have to spend billions just to get us back up to the level we were before they took over.

It's a constant cycle. The Republicans build up the military, the Dems take control and use them for their own purposes, then they gut them to the point that they're at hollow or at half strength....then the Republican builds them up again. Bush had to do the same exact thing, on this time it was much more expensive.

How do I know this?

I was in the military during Ford, Carter, Reagan, GHW Bush, and during Clinton. And now I've served as a civilian in the DOD under Bush and Obama.
In under Carter, Reagan, 1st part of HW Bush. Civilian contractor therafter...

Let's look closely at why Reagan's Administration had to do that weapons deal.

Remember the Boland Amendment?

The Boland Amendment was the name given to three U.S. legislative amendments between 1982 and 1984, all aimed at limiting U.S. government assistance to the Contras in Nicaragua. The first Boland Amendment was to the House Appropriations Bill of 1982, which was attached as a rider to the Defense Appropriations Act of 1983, named for the Massachusetts Democrat, Representative Edward Patrick Boland, who authored it. The House of Representatives passed the Defense Appropriations Act 411-0 on December 8, 1982[1] and it was signed by President Ronald Reagan on December 21, 1982.[2] The amendment outlawed U.S. assistance to the Contras for the purpose of overthrowing the Nicaraguan government, while allowing assistance for other purposes.[3]

Beyond restricting overt U.S. support of the Contras, the most significant effect of the Boland Amendment was the controversial Iran-Contra Affair, during which the Reagan Administration​ illegally circumvented the Amendment in order to continue supplying arms to the Contras, behind the back of Congress and the American public.

Some would say Obama has an Iran-Contra of his own with "Fast and Furious". Obama's ATF bought guns for Mexican drug cartels so that, they claim, track their use. Unfortunately many of them have been involved in murders along the border. Many believe the Obama Administration wanted to use this program to prove that US weapons were being used to commit crimes. This, they felt, would convince voters to back tougher gun legislation. Fortunately it backfired on him and now he's trying to keep it from becoming mainstream. The difference between Fast and Furious and Iran-Contra is Reagan wanted 6 hostages freed with the help of Iran. His intentions were good. Freeing hostages and fighting Communism in Central America. Obama simply wanted another wedge-issue to beat over the heads of the GOP.

Sheesh mudwhistle, I tell get the whole tell it like it is, but man, you just beat um over the head with the facts on this one

Your my hero (on this topic)

:)

Epic Fail

Epic Fail

Yeah...circumstances are different now; don't ya think? Did you know that more of Hitlers troops were killed in the first years of World War II than in the last year? Probably because there was more of them. Epic Fail #2. Didn't bring your A game tonight.

Obama is solid on National Defense; mischaracterize it all you wish. Frankly, its humorous to see the Righties swear up and down that somehow the current President doesn't get the same accolades because of the consonant next to his name on an election ballot.

Blind hatred is, I'm sure, a pain to have but its sorta fun to watch the flailing posts and the shouts at the wind. Nice rant though. Very, very humorous.

Obama is not solid on National Defense.

I work in the DOD. I see what he's doing. Most of it is not getting reported.

Obama is beginning to gut the military in the middle of two wars and a static military action. His ROEs not only handcuff his troops but Hogtie them giving advantages to the enemy in Afghanistan.

The only reason you think Obama is strong on Defense is because his slobbering press is trying desperately to give that impression. However our troops are becoming burnt out. Some have seen 4 or 5 combat deployments, something that was unheard of even during WWII. Obama has also announced that we are withdrawing long before we intend on doing it. The withdrawals are to help his re-election, not because it is a tactical imperative.

Obama's drone attacks are merely stirring up a hornet's nest instead of accomplishing military objectives. They look good but the end result is not what you think. It does not accomplish anything other then kill a few Ragheads.

Forum List

Back