Zone1 Amendment XXVIII--Proposed

Perhaps this is the solution? I'd be in favor, but I imagine most Republicans would be against?
I'd even go further and include a section mandating a National Voter ID Card..issued to everyone on their 18th birthday or date of naturalized citizenship.
Thus we ensure both the legitimacy and and access by voters to future elections.

Section 1
The vote of any United States citizen may not be voided or discarded by any law or technicality, except for via due process where fraud has been definitively demonstrated.

Section 2
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of prior legal incarceration status, nor on account of fines or debts unpaid.

Section 3
Citizens of the United States and all eligible voters in residence shall have equal access to speedy and accessible voting processes for all elections in which they are eligible to vote.

Section 4
The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Section 5
The Judiciary shall use the contemporary reading of this article to preserve its intent.

You can already get a free id card to vote....we already have that.........

How would you keep illegal aliens from voting?

States requiring an ID to vote is racist, but a federal Government issued ID is not ?
I've never said, and don't believe that Voter ID is racist. However, requiring a fee to vote is...as well as being unconstitutional. If the ID is free...it's a good thing..if there is a fee..not so good--and unjustly impactful on the poor and disadvantaged..just those very folks who some in this thread feel should not have the franchise to start with~

A free Federal voting ID would do so many things..fight voter fraud, verify the right to vote and the fact of US citizenship.

I've never said, and don't believe that Voter ID is racist. However, requiring a fee to vote is...as well as being unconstitutional. If the ID is free...it's a good thing..if there is a fee..not so good--and unjustly impactful on the poor and disadvantaged..just those very folks who some in this thread feel should not have the franchise to start with~

A free Federal voting ID would do so many things..fight voter fraud, verify the right to vote and the fact of US citizenship.

Voter ID is already free........you want something that already exists.

Voter ID is already free........you want something that already exists.
Not as I'm speaking of....Most states don't require you have the card on you to vote..but most require a DL or State ID.
Which you must pay for..I'm talking about an ID that exists independently of any State and serves as the ONLY required ID to vote.

Not as I'm speaking of....Most states don't require you have the card on you to vote..but most require a DL or State ID.
Which you must pay for..I'm talking about an ID that exists independently of any State and serves as the ONLY required ID to vote.

Nope.... you can get a free state id....and they will even go to your home if you cant get to the state office

Such as early voting and voting by mail.

And yes, the illiberal, anti-democratic right will oppose this ammendment.
I mistakenly put a like on this idiocy, wish I could take it back. Early voting is as stupid as you can get. You vote a month early and your candidate dies or is proven as incapacitated as that senator from Georgia. Wasted vote. How about you vote early in 2024 for Biden and it is then PROVEN without a doubt that he and his son are as corrupt as can be. Again, early voting is DUMB. Go ahead and vote by mail, you lazy-ass fool but don't whine if it gets lost in the mail or intercepted by the enemy and altered in some way.

Yeah right, so any illegal can get one and vote without any government oversight and proof of legitimacy. So much easier for the left to steal the elections that way.

Nah, scheming Democrats are to something shifty with this thing.

I mistakenly put a like on this idiocy, wish I could take it back. Early voting is as stupid as you can get. You vote a month early and your candidate dies or is proven as incapacitated as that senator from Georgia. Wasted vote. How about you vote early in 2024 for Biden and it is then PROVEN without a doubt that he and his son are as corrupt as can be. Again, early voting is DUMB. Go ahead and vote by mail, you lazy-ass fool but don't whine if it gets lost in the mail or intercepted by the enemy and altered in some way.

You can change or remove your LIKE by clicking on the blue box below the message.

It is interesting how many rightists are actually elitists when it comes to who can vote. My guess is that “idiot” refers to anyone who does not follow the rightwing ideology du jour.

It is interesting how many rightists are actually elitists when it comes to who can vote. My guess is that “idiot” refers to anyone who does not follow the rightwing ideology du jour.

A person who casts a vote illegally is merely cancelling your vote.

Read:

A person who casts a vote illegally is merely cancelling your vote.

Read:

I wasn’t referring that, but rather the comments made that only certain classes of people should be allowed to vote.

wrong-bill-murray.gif

So..you're not a fan of Democracy eh? Fair enough, I applaud your honesty. Oh, before I get inundated with the knee-jerkers, I know we have a Representative Republic--which is, of course, a Democratic form of Govt..
I'm not a fan of stupid people voting.

Forum List

Back