Am I the only athiest on here, who when...

How do you explain that the US is by majority Christian, yet you're sitting in your home an openly gay female and married? How did that happen to begin with?

If it was up to Christians in California I would not be happily married. The court in California intervened to overturn Proposition 8, legislation that was largely financed by LDS and RCC. The battle is on-going.

You're openly gay and married in this society, quit bitching about how you have it so bad and how your persecuted, it's bullshit. And it's a Christian society that gave you the freedom that you have to be who you are, you just can't seem to accept that fact because you've obviously been brain washed on the issue for years. Open your eyes.

It wasn't Christians who gave us anything. We won in court. If it was up to Christians we would have lost.

Prop 8 ban was LDS and RCC won.

If it was up to Christians in California I would not be happily married. The court in California intervened to overturn Proposition 8, legislation that was largely financed by LDS and RCC. The battle is on-going.

You're openly gay and married in this society, quit bitching about how you have it so bad and how your persecuted, it's bullshit. And it's a Christian society that gave you the freedom that you have to be who you are, you just can't seem to accept that fact because you've obviously been brain washed on the issue for years. Open your eyes.

It wasn't Christians who gave us anything. We won in court. If it was up to Christians we would have lost.

You're missing the point, and at this point I really don't think you're capable of understanding what I'm saying. This is a majority Christian nation founded by Christians and you have the freedom to be who and what you are without fear of persecution. To say that Christians haven't given you anything is denying reality.

You're missing the point, and at this point I really don't think you're capable of understanding what I'm saying. This is a majority Christian nation founded by Christians and you have the freedom to be who and what you are without fear of persecution. To say that Christians haven't given you anything is denying reality.

You're also missing the point. Prop 8 went down because LDS and RCC organized. In California that means your benevolent majority voted against us.

You're also missing the point. Prop 8 went down because LDS and RCC organized. In California that means your benevolent majority voted against us.

Marriage it a touchy issue, I will concede that point, but the rest of what you post is pure bullshit with regards to making homosexuality illegal, turning this country into a christian theocrasy, etc... The only issue you have a point on is the marriage issue, and if the gay community would ask for a legal civil union, leaving marriage alone and up to the church, then I think you wouldn't find as much opposition. But, the gay community seems to be determined to have their way over the majority where marriage is concerned, and I'm not really sure why the gay community feels it should be the one to define what marriage is when they're a very small portion of the population? Why should you be able to change the meaning of something that's been consistant in society for thousands of years for 2 or 3 percent of the population?

Marriage it a touchy issue, I will concede that point, but the rest of what you post is pure bullshit with regards to making homosexuality illegal, turning this country into a christian theocrasy, etc... The only issue you have a point on is the marriage issue, and if the gay community would ask for a legal civil union, leaving marriage alone and up to the church, then I think you wouldn't find as much opposition. But, the gay community seems to be determined to have their way over the majority where marriage is concerned, and I'm not really sure why the gay community feels it should be the one to define what marriage is when they're a very small portion of the population? Why should you be able to change the meaning of something that's been consistant in society for thousands of years for 2 or 3 percent of the population?

Why should I have the right to marry? Because I've loved my partner as my wife for over 25 years.

If the Churches would stay out of civil law and stay in the domain of their Churches we would have no problem.

Marriage law needs to change. It's based on a model where men and women were not equal.

I would not care if I had a civil union as long as that was the same license issued to straight couples and we could enjoy the same rights and priveleges as anyone else.

There is a movement to make the US a Christian theocracy. Sarah Palin is a dominionist and she is in national politics.

Christian Churches may comfort themselves excluding gays from their spiritual communities and ceremonies. When Margaret and I married in the Buddhist monastery the whole community rejoiced. We are that loved and respected.

Last edited:

Why should I have the right to marry? Because I've loved my partner as my wife for over 25 years.

If the Churches would stay out of civil law and stay in the domain of their Churches we would have no problem.

Marriage law needs to change. It's based on a model where men and women were not equal.

I would not care if I had a civil union as long as that was the same license issued to straight couple and we could enjoy the same rights and priveleges as anyone else.

There is a movement to make the US a Christian theocracy. Sarah Palin is a dominionist and she is in national politics.

You ruin everything you said prior with the last comment. It's just nuts. :cuckoo:

An atheist started the thread. Your point?

The point is that you accused Christians of starting threads to attack atheists and it sure seemed that you meant this thread. That was not the case here.

Grump is generally a good person to have a discussion with. It seems he can communicate without resorting to some of the tactics of others on here. I generally enjoy reading his comments whereas there are other atheists on this board that quite frankly are not worth spending time reading let alone communicating with.

Immie
I did not accuse Christians of starting threads to attack atheists. Please show me saying that exactly. I asked, more or less, why Christians are unable to leave atheists views alone, and why they feel challenged by them. If you believe in God, and they don't, that's all there is to it.

probably for the same reason that atheists do the same to christians.

i find it amusing that people argue over a concept that is unprovable either way.

*shrug*

The point is that you accused Christians of starting threads to attack atheists and it sure seemed that you meant this thread. That was not the case here.

Grump is generally a good person to have a discussion with. It seems he can communicate without resorting to some of the tactics of others on here. I generally enjoy reading his comments whereas there are other atheists on this board that quite frankly are not worth spending time reading let alone communicating with.

Immie
I did not accuse Christians of starting threads to attack atheists. Please show me saying that exactly. I asked, more or less, why Christians are unable to leave atheists views alone, and why they feel challenged by them. If you believe in God, and they don't, that's all there is to it.

probably for the same reason that atheists do the same to christians.

i find it amusing that people argue over a concept that is unprovable either way.

*shrug*

Wars have been started for less.

I would not care if I had a civil union as long as that was the same license issued to straight couple and we could enjoy the same rights and priveleges as anyone else.

You ruin everything you said prior with the last comment. It's just nuts. :cuckoo:

That's interesting. You can't take my first sentences as truth because I recognize Palin as a dominionist? How much do you know about her Church? Joel's Army?

That's interesting. You can't take my first sentences as truth because I recognize Palin as a dominionist? How much do you know about her Church? Joel's Army?

I didn't say that. You have a very, very bad habit of taking people's words and changing them to suit your own purposes. Whatever works for you I guess. The U.S. is not now, or ever going to become a Christian theocrasy. End of story.

How do you explain that the US is by majority Christian, yet you're sitting in your home an openly gay female and married? How did that happen to begin with?

Well hell. I gotta spread the rep before I can rep this one. But right on.

I get so sick of people who trash Christians, who trash the USA, who trash traditional values, etc. etc. etc. and cannot appreciate that it was those very Christians, that very USA, those traditional values etc. that gives them the freedom to be whoever or whatever they wish to be. In the words of the President, you would think they would simply say "Thank you" and appreciate the freedoms that they have.

And I get so sick of people who say all manner of hateful and ugly things about other groups--Sky saying the World Net Daily supported the Ugandan bill for instance--and no matter how much information is provided to show the ugly statements are false, they won't back down, correct the lie, set the record straight. And yet any criticism of THEM--Oh my God!!!! How could anybody be so crass as to criticixze THEM!'

ARRRRGHHHHH!!!! It makes me want to throw something.

HARUMPH!!

Okay. Sorry. I feel better now.

Carry on.

I didn't say that. You have a very, very bad habit of taking people's words and changing them to suit your own purposes. Whatever works for you I guess. The U.S. is not now, or ever going to become a Christian theocrasy. End of story.

I wish you would address the statements separately.

I hope you're right and the US never becomes a theocracy. Fox already think the government is 99% Christian. Is she right and I'm wrong?

Forum List

Back