Am I alone in thinking wikileaks is a GOOD thing?

The Fourth Estate has become the Fifth Column, nobody's watch-dogging our government.... This makes them not only careless but also more corrupt. Wikileaks is providing a valuable service that the US Press abandoned. I have donated and I urge everyone else to do so.

Cuss and discuss.....

Do you think it is a good thing to erode the trust of the USA here and abroad ?

The Fourth Estate has become the Fifth Column, nobody's watch-dogging our government.... This makes them not only careless but also more corrupt. Wikileaks is providing a valuable service that the US Press abandoned. I have donated and I urge everyone else to do so.

Cuss and discuss.....

I know I don't. Which is why I advocate that the government not do things that would lead to an erosion of trust.

Cuss and discuss.....

I am sort of torn on this subject. While I do recognize the value of us learning of bad things, or stupid things our Government may be doing. I also Recognize the Danger and Damage leaks like this do to our ability to gather info, and in this case to our Relations with Our Allies around the world.

Cuss and discuss.....

I know I don't. Which is why I advocate that the government not do things that would lead to an erosion of trust.

I think you misunderstand the point. In this case the Erosion of trust is caused by the leak, not by what the government does, or did. Other nations will be less likely to trust us with information as a result of this leak. The Private thoughts of our Diplomats about world leaders and such being made public will only serve to hurt our relationships with our Allies.

If the Person who originally leaked all this info, had been more careful and cherry picked it. So that only info the exposed illegal or stupid shit we were doing, and not all these conversations about World leaders, and exposing of Intel sources. I would say protect him with some sort of whistle blowers law, but that is not what they did. They leaked it all. Knowing much of it would be very damaging to our relationships and intelligence gather abilities. They knew it would put Our people and sources at risk. So I have no pity for them if they throw the book at them for violating the law. Much of what they leaked has valid and legal reasons for being kept Secret.

Last edited:

Cuss and discuss.....

So you advocate the abolishment of the CIA?

If their intelligence,methods and agents used to gether it were revealed would that not lead to an erosion of trust? Or do you think the CIA only has spooks in unfreindly countries? Cause if you do you are not very bright.

I think you misunderstand the point. In this case the Erosion of trust is caused by the leak, not by what the government does, or did. Other nations will be less likely to trust us with information as a result of this leak. The Private thoughts of our Diplomats about world leaders and such being made public will only serve to hurt our relationships with our Allies.

If the Person who originally leaked all this info, had been more careful and cherry picked it. So that only info the exposed illegal or stupid shit we were doing, and not all these conversations about World leaders, and exposing of Intel sources. I would say protect him with some sort of whistle blowers law, but that is not what they did. They leaked it all. Knowing much of it would be very damaging to our relationships and intelligence gather abilities. They knew it would put Our people and sources at risk. So I have no pity for them if they throw the book at them for violating the law. Much of what they leaked has valid and legal reasons for being kept Secret.

No, I understood the point. However, if you look at this logically, this leak would never have happened if the government hadn't been involved in any of these illegal activities in the first place. Now the leaks about the name calling are, in my opinion, not a big deal. So somebody called some people names, it's of interest but not ultimately important. The stuff that's going to hurt us is the stuff that the U.S. shouldn't have been involved in, like Hillary telling people to spy on officials from the U.N.

If their intelligence,methods and agents used to gether it were revealed would that not lead to an erosion of trust? Or do you think the CIA only has spooks in unfreindly countries? Cause if you do you are not very bright.

Absolutely I advocate abolishing the CIA, which I think makes the rest of your post a moot point.

Absolutely I advocate abolishing the CIA, which I think makes the rest of your post a moot point.

Which makes arguing with an idiot like you a moot point. :rolleyes:

Which makes arguing with an idiot like you a moot point. :rolleyes:

I guess I walked right into that one.

Cuss and discuss.....

It's not going to erode trust.

I concur. So far, nothing Wikileaks has leaked, fits the bill....

I think your wrong.

Hillary Clinton ordered diplomats to spy on UN: WikiLeaks docs | Raw Story

She shouldn't have ordered the spying in the first place...shrug.....

Maybe.

Perhaps we should be the only nation that doesn't do that shit. But whether or not she should have done it, she did. Something tells me, she wasn't the only one, either.

Leaking the information was illegal and poses big problems, now.

Last edited:
If anything? From what I can see? It shows behind the scenes glimpses of how our leaders talk to one another outside of what the news media feeds the masses...

And I think the trust factor has been broken as more of this comes out.

It is agredious, damaging.

Cuss and discuss.....

It already has. Idiot.

It is not about the actual information, it is about the leaking of information. If we cannot be trusted to keep other countries secrets, they are not gonna tell us those secrets. Common sense.... unfortunately, you can't buy it on ebay.

It already has. Idiot.

It is not about the actual information, it is about the leaking of information. If we cannot be trusted to keep other countries secrets, they are not gonna tell us those secrets. Common sense.... unfortunately, you can't buy it on ebay.

Ah my little nazi princess..

If you knew what you were talking about..it might be worth the time to explain why it will not erode trust.

But you don't.

So I won't.

Spook village is a place where all players sort of know the game. This is not a big deal to the players.

It already has. Idiot.

If you knew what you were talking about..it might be worth the time to explain why it will not erode trust.

But you don't.

So I won't.
Life's too short to waste time with the willfully ignorant.

It already has. Idiot.

But you don't.

So I won't.

You fuckers just cannot stay away from that word can you?

You are a myophic oaf with a smattering of douchebaggishness thrown in for good measure.

She shouldn't have ordered the spying in the first place...shrug.....

Maybe.

Perhaps we should be the only nation that doesn't do that shit. But whether or not she should have done it, she did. Something tells me, she wasn't the only one, either.

Leaking the information was illegal and poses big problems, now.

What she ordered was illegal, too...my, oh, my what should happen to her?

Cuss and discuss.....

I'm good with it. You are right about the fourth estate abrogating their watchdog responsibility. Additionally, I like the raw data, rather than having it spoon fed in selective little bites to dictate to me what it is I am supposed to know/think.

It already has. Idiot.

But you don't.

So I won't.
Why dont you explain it to me ?

Forum List

Back