Allen West Delivers Epic Speech On GOP's Proud History Fighting For Black Equality...

We should nominate Mr. West to run for President.

It's refreshing to see someone finally stick up for Republicans.

Look at what he's saying:

Rep. West’s speech offered a timeline of Republican Party victories on behalf of African Americans’ long battle for equality. From the elections of the first black members of Congress (Sen. Hiram Revels (R-MS) and Rep. Joseph Rainey (R-SC)), to the adoption of the 13th Amendment, 14th Amendment, 15th Amendment, 1875 Civil Rights Act, 1957 Civil Rights Act, 1964 Civil Rights Act, and of course the Emancipation itself, Rep. West recounted how each victory was the result of the Republican Party’s commitment to freedom for all citizens, regardless of hue.

He's talking about the Republican Party before most of the Conservatives left the Democratic Party and joined the Republican Party and all the Liberals left the Republican Party and jointed the Democratic Party.

It's exactly the same as Republicans trying to take credit for taking out Bin Laden. Even McCain said Republican's torturing was no help and was in fact, a hindrance.

Why is the Republican Party 90% white? Why do they try to take credit for things that belong to others?

He's talking about the Republican Party before most of the Conservatives left the Democratic Party and joined the Republican Party and all the Liberals left the Republican Party and jointed the Democratic Party.

Lefty bullshit exactly as predicted.

How is that bullshit? Didn't you know that there was a mass switching of Southerners in the 60s? Whites to the Republican Party, Blacks to the Democratic Party.

It's so easy to ignore the fact that in Lincoln's time, the Democrats were the conservative bunch, and the Republicans were the liberal bunch.

Since when are liberals for individule liberty.:confused:

What about the civil war do you think was about individual liberty? Let me ask you this: Which of the following is a generally liberal position, A) stronger state level governance, of B) stronger federal level governance? Is a state nullifying a federal law a liberal concept, or a conservative concept? Is secession a liberal invocation or a conservative invocation? Is it liberals or conservatives who are likely to base their support for public policy on their interpretations of the bible?

The liberal position is an all-powerful federal government which is what happened with the Supreme Court and the fugitive slave laws which in essence legalized slavery throughout the country. And the founders, founded this country on individual liberty and G-d given rights "Interpretations of the Bible" that comment just shows your stupidity of the conservative movement:cuckoo:

Where is the "individual freedom" in the federal government dictating to you your personal labor policies? Where is the "individual freedom" of the federal government telling you what to do with your property? Where is the "individual liberty" in the federal government telling a person how to run their business?

All liberal practices what was the question again?:confused:

Your partisan hackery is pathetic, and flies in the face of established history. Wax poetic all you like, it will not change the facts

"Established history" is the democrat party, the same democrat party we have today, is the party of slavery, segregation, lynching.. ect. Those are facts

Last edited:

How is that bullshit? Didn't you know that there was a mass switching of Southerners in the 60s? Whites to the Republican Party, Blacks to the Democratic Party.

Read the whole thread, you fucking cliche.

The liberal position is an all-powerful federal government

And how is that different than what the Republicans were endorsing in the Civil War? It was the Democrats who were championing the small federal government and state level governance in those days. The Republicans were focused on federal governance. It was the Republican President Abraham Lincoln who assumed for himself the unilateral power to declare war, which is explicitly given to Congress in the constitution. Lincoln was the ultimate power hawk.

And the founders, founded this country on individual liberty and G-d given rights "Interpretations of the Bible" that comment just shows your stupidity of the conservative movement

Oh please, spare me the BS about the country being founded on biblical doctrines.

Where is the "individual freedom" in the federal government dictating to you your personal labor policies? Where is the "individual freedom" of the federal government telling you what to do with your property? Where is the "individual liberty" in the federal government telling a person how to run their business?

All liberal practices what was the question again?

Exactly! Liberal positions, which were also the positions of the Republicans during the Civil War era. The Democrats were the conservative party of the time, championing non-interference from the federal government, leaving issues to be dealt with at the state level.

If the Republicans are so gung ho about equal rights, riddle me this.........

Why is it that the reddest states (southern) are the ones that are the most bigoted?

Why is it that the reddest states (southern) are the ones that are the most bigoted?

They're not. Why are you such a fucking moron?

They're not. Why are you such a fucking moron?

Really? I lived in Meridian MS while going to A school, and in a few bars, blacks weren't allowed, even if they were in uniform. I lived in Jacksonville FL and saw a race riot on the beach. I also lived in Millington TN (20 miles n. of Memphis), and saw entire counties where blacks weren't welcome or allowed.

Try again.

Why is it that northern states are the whitest? Limousine liberals can't mingle with the unwashed masses?

map_nhwhite.gif

So true.

The republican party changed and continues to change, consider too their constant criticism of Affirmative action after 300 years of discrimination. If there is any thing that gives you a clear idea of which party supports all people of all colors etc etc, it is the party they vote for. The stats give a lie to West's cherry picking of history.

Why is it that northern states are the whitest? Limousine liberals can't mingle with the unwashed masses?

map_nhwhite.gif

Nice strawman.........now wanna answer the question?

It's a bullshit question. I've been all over this country and I've found more bigots in Liberal-land than anywhere else.

If the GOP has such a proud history of fighting for black equality then why does the supposedly racist party usually get at least 85% of the black vote?

Allen West is a racist psycho. or psycho racist if you want

map_nhwhite.gif

Nice strawman.........now wanna answer the question?

It's a bullshit question. I've been all over this country and I've found more bigots in Liberal-land than anywhere else.

Actually, Gay Pinhead, it's not a bullshit question, because I've also been stationed in RI and other northern places. Guess what? Blacks are treated more equal in liberal areas than in conservative ones.

But..........way to avoid the question.

In a sweeping and stirring oration on the floor of the House of Representatives, Rep. Allen West (R-FL) proudly recounted the Republican Party’s long history of fighting for black freedom against the Democratic Party’s history of racism and oppression.

Rep. West’s speech offered a timeline of Republican Party victories on behalf of African Americans’ long battle for equality. From the elections of the first black members of Congress (Sen. Hiram Revels (R-MS) and Rep. Joseph Rainey (R-SC)), to the adoption of the 13th Amendment, 14th Amendment, 15th Amendment, 1875 Civil Rights Act, 1957 Civil Rights Act, 1964 Civil Rights Act, and of course the Emancipation itself, Rep. West recounted how each victory was the result of the Republican Party’s commitment to freedom for all citizens, regardless of hue.

Rep. West also recounted the victories of GOP luminaries like President Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, President Dwight Eisenhower, and Sen. Everett Dirksen.

Allen West commemorates Black History Month by telling the truth about Republicans and Black history - YouTube

Read More:
» Rep. Allen West Delivers Epic Speech on GOP’s Proud History of Fighting For Black Equality - Big Government
He is such a racist.

Right, USMB lefties?

Yes, he is a racist

In a sweeping and stirring oration on the floor of the House of Representatives, Rep. Allen West (R-FL) proudly recounted the Republican Party’s long history of fighting for black freedom against the Democratic Party’s history of racism and oppression.

Rep. West also recounted the victories of GOP luminaries like President Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, President Dwight Eisenhower, and Sen. Everett Dirksen.

Allen West commemorates Black History Month by telling the truth about Republicans and Black history - YouTube

Read More:
» Rep. Allen West Delivers Epic Speech on GOP’s Proud History of Fighting For Black Equality - Big Government
He is such a racist.

Right, USMB lefties?

The only ones who would call Allen West a 'Racist', would be dumb White Liberals and racist African American Democrats. And there are many of them on this Board. So stay tuned i guess.

You left out those of us who think that claiming blacks are so dumb that they can't change their political party without the help of some latter day Harriet Tubman is racist. Also the idea that somehow they can't think for themselves

Forum List

Back