Allen West Delivers Epic Speech On GOP's Proud History Fighting For Black Equality...

Republican Abe Lincoln freed the slaves.
A Republican Congress passed the Civil Rights Act of 1866.
The Republican's during the Civil War were "civil rights oriented".
In 1892, the Democrats took the presidency & Congress and repealed most of the civil rights laws.
In 1929, most blacks were Republicans.
In 1932, Republican Herbert Hoover drew 3/4 of the black vote. Democratic Franklin Roosevelt drew 1/4. Roosevelt won.
By 1936, millions of blacks starting changing parties.
In 1942, Democrat Harry Truman integrated the armed forces.
A Democratic Congress passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

And the CRA 1964 bill got more GOP votes than Democrat votes in congress.

No, it did not get more GOP votes

The original House version:[13]
Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%-39%)
Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[14]
Democratic Party: 44-23 (66%–34%)
Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)
The Senate version:[13]
Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%–31%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[13]
Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%–37%)
Republican Party: 136-35 (80%–20%)
Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Voting Rights Act under siege

Voting Rights Act under siege - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Well, so much for "Republicans are the friends to blacks" meme.

It must be really embarrassing to be a conservative and have all the stuff you THOUGHT you knew, be proven wrong on the very threads you started.

Oh horseshit.

Many in the GOP want to reduce voter fraud and take steps to make sure that people are citizens and are not voting multiple times in different precincts.

What the hell is wrong with making sure a person only votes once andis actually a citizen?

Because that might reduce Democrat voter fraud?

What they are doing has zero to do with voter fraud or any other kind of fraud and 100% to do with making it harder for some Democrats to vote

In 1892, the Democrats took the presidency & Congress and repealed most of the civil rights laws.
In 1932, Republican Herbert Hoover drew 3/4 of the black vote. Democratic Franklin Roosevelt drew 1/4. Roosevelt won.

That's only because Democrats were in the majority. Republicans certainly voted for it in higher percentages...

Nice strawman.........now wanna answer the question?

It's a bullshit question. I've been all over this country and I've found more bigots in Liberal-land than anywhere else.

Actually, Gay Pinhead, it's not a bullshit question, because I've also been stationed in RI and other northern places. Guess what? Blacks are treated more equal in liberal areas than in conservative ones.

But..........way to avoid the question.

Call me whatever name you like, I certainly won't be offended. That would be like taking offense because a monkey flung some shit at the zoo.

Guess what? Your personal observations are no less and NO MORE valid than mine.

So go fuck yourself, at least it would be sex with someone you love.

Oh horseshit.

Many in the GOP want to reduce voter fraud and take steps to make sure that people are citizens and are not voting multiple times in different precincts.

What the hell is wrong with making sure a person only votes once andis actually a citizen?

Because that might reduce Democrat voter fraud?

Yeah..........sure........wanna talk about Iowa and the way that they've had troubles with their caucus? How's about Maine not allowing a whole county's vote to be counted?

Yeah........sure.........the GOP believes in reducing voter fraud.

None of that had anything to do with Voter fraud by faking ID's Einstein.Tow different subjects in the same general topic: voting issues.

Wow, must be racism!

Exactly, is has nothing to do with IDs. That's why it doesn't bother the right, because fixing it wouldn't make it harder for certain people to vote

None of that had anything to do with Voter fraud by faking ID's Einstein.Tow different subjects in the same general topic: voting issues.

Wow, must be racism!

No, it was voter fraud via voter supression........

Yes, agreed, which is different from voter fraud by fake ID like I said. The GOP is trying to address fake ID problems and multiple voting by having some kind of verifiable ID and there is NOTHING racist about that.

Yes it is racist, the fact that they're not bothered by what happened in Maine is a huge clue here. What happpened it Maine is actually election fraud, which is much much much worse then voter fraud

If the Republicans are so gung ho about equal rights, riddle me this.........

Why is it that the reddest states (southern) are the ones that are the most bigoted?

Hate (race) crimes by state...
#1 California - 597
#2 Michigan - 477
#3 New Jersey - 358

Like I said, Liberal-land...

That's only because Democrats were in the majority. Republicans certainly voted for it in higher percentages...

Yes they did. So what? They both voted for it. The 1964 CRA wasn't divided by party it was divided by region

Also if go by both party and region, such as Southern Democrats vs Southern Republicans etc the Democrats always come out ahead.

Last edited:
If the Republicans are so gung ho about equal rights, riddle me this.........

Why is it that the reddest states (southern) are the ones that are the most bigoted?

They're not. Why are you such a fucking moron?

Really? I lived in Meridian MS while going to A school, and in a few bars, blacks weren't allowed, even if they were in uniform. I lived in Jacksonville FL and saw a race riot on the beach. I also lived in Millington TN (20 miles n. of Memphis), and saw entire counties where blacks weren't welcome or allowed.

Try again.

Do you have any idea how fucking illogical what you posted really is? What a fucking moron.

In a sweeping and stirring oration on the floor of the House of Representatives, Rep. Allen West (R-FL) proudly recounted the Republican Party’s long history of fighting for black freedom against the Democratic Party’s history of racism and oppression.

Rep. West’s speech offered a timeline of Republican Party victories on behalf of African Americans’ long battle for equality. From the elections of the first black members of Congress (Sen. Hiram Revels (R-MS) and Rep. Joseph Rainey (R-SC)), to the adoption of the 13th Amendment, 14th Amendment, 15th Amendment, 1875 Civil Rights Act, 1957 Civil Rights Act, 1964 Civil Rights Act, and of course the Emancipation itself, Rep. West recounted how each victory was the result of the Republican Party’s commitment to freedom for all citizens, regardless of hue.

Rep. West also recounted the victories of GOP luminaries like President Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, President Dwight Eisenhower, and Sen. Everett Dirksen.

Allen West commemorates Black History Month by telling the truth about Republicans and Black history - YouTube

Read More:
» Rep. Allen West Delivers Epic Speech on GOP’s Proud History of Fighting For Black Equality - Big Government

Awwwwww! Isn't that wonderful! Did he venture into today's republican party? Did he venture into this:
"Bob Herbert, a New York Times columnist, reported a 1981 interview with Lee Atwater, published in Southern Politics in the 1990s by Alexander P. Lamis, in which Lee Atwater discussed politics in the South:
Lee Atwater

You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******." By 1968 you can't say "******"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites.[35]

And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******". "

"Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," Mehlman said at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

"During his remarks he also acknowledged that for decades the GOP pursued "'Southern Strategy' that alienated many minority voters by focusing on the white male vote in the South."

Steele was asked to explain why an African-American should vote Republican at a university-sponsored discussion on the conservative movement. The RNC chairman's response: "You really don't have a reason to, to be honest -- we haven't done a very good job of really giving you one. True? True."

Steele also discussed with students his own experience being the victim of racial discrimination -- a subject that the he has openly addressed in the past. Steele told TV One's Roland Martin in November that even some of his fellow Republicans are "scared" of him because of his race. "

Or did tom just gloss over the REALITY and ACCURATE account of the modern GOP?

I'm also a big Allen West fan.

You do indeed seem unusually taken with personalities and party labels.

The interesting point to note is that "African Americans’ long battle for equality" is a key part of a larger historical struggle to define American federalism. You're right to denounce the Democratic party's history of racism and oppression, and yet I doubt you'd denounce the ideological mantle they used to advance that agenda: states' rights. It was the Republican party that, for the first several decades of its existence, fought to use federal power to protect the rights of minorities, while the Democrats were the party of states' rights. Abhorrent as it has been in practice historically, the latter philosophy is the one whose mantle Paul has assumed today.

Indeed, after the Southern delegation walked out of the 1948 Democratic convention following Hubert Humphrey's famous speech pushing for a minority plank in the party platform ("To those who say that this civil-rights program is an infringement on states’ rights, I say this: The time has arrived in America for the Democratic party to get out of the shadow of states' rights and to walk forthrightly into the bright sunshine of human rights," Mayor Humphrey declared), what splinter faction did those holdovers of the Democrats' racist history form? Why, the States' Rights Party, of course. The Dixiecrats' standard bearer that year, Strom Thurmond, of course ended up joining the Republican party to help complete the realignment that saw the two parties' perspectives on federalism flip.

The irony here is that in your blind hatred of the Democratic party, you're denouncing its shameful past without realizing that Ron Paul's regressive vision entails molding the modern Republican party into the Democratic party of old. Thereby betraying everything you're touting in this thread.

Excellent points, nice way to bring things into perspective!!!

Yup.

you guys sure about that?

Democratic Party: 153-91
Republican Party: 136-35

Voting Rights Act under siege

Voting Rights Act under siege - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Well, so much for "Republicans are the friends to blacks" meme.

It must be really embarrassing to be a conservative and have all the stuff you THOUGHT you knew, be proven wrong on the very threads you started.

LOL, no doubt! :clap:

I think that many of them are full of shit in the first place. In my opinion they throw those 'bones" out there about the OLD REPUBLICAN party and act like it's the MODERN republican party.

A duh, it was regional. You can't tell me that the republicans are the same republicans then. Why are the many, many more of Black congressmen and women who are democrats instead of republicans, if the republicans are so "good with the Blacks"? :lol:

In a sweeping and stirring oration on the floor of the House of Representatives, Rep. Allen West (R-FL) proudly recounted the Republican Party’s long history of fighting for black freedom against the Democratic Party’s history of racism and oppression.

Rep. West’s speech offered a timeline of Republican Party victories on behalf of African Americans’ long battle for equality. From the elections of the first black members of Congress (Sen. Hiram Revels (R-MS) and Rep. Joseph Rainey (R-SC)), to the adoption of the 13th Amendment, 14th Amendment, 15th Amendment, 1875 Civil Rights Act, 1957 Civil Rights Act, 1964 Civil Rights Act, and of course the Emancipation itself, Rep. West recounted how each victory was the result of the Republican Party’s commitment to freedom for all citizens, regardless of hue.

Rep. West also recounted the victories of GOP luminaries like President Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, President Dwight Eisenhower, and Sen. Everett Dirksen.

Allen West commemorates Black History Month by telling the truth about Republicans and Black history - YouTube

Read More:
» Rep. Allen West Delivers Epic Speech on GOP’s Proud History of Fighting For Black Equality - Big Government

Before reading any of the replies to this let me predict a lot of bullshit from the lefties trying to spin, deny, rewrite history, or play the "those Republicans weren't really Republicans, they were really democrats and all the democrats who opposed equality, defended slavery, started and maintained the KKK, put American citizens in concentration camps, and blocked real civil rights as long and as hard as they could were really Republicans!"

Now let's see...

And it seems I was right on the money with my prediction.

Did Allen West say anything to make anyone think he is a racists?

Yeah, he is a black guy who said something conservative.

What a bunch of "white victimology"! His "conservative" statement is how he said; "I gots off of the democrats, plantation massa, now I'z in da house" (loose paraphrase). Here's another statement made by a "black conservative republican"; "One of the things that I would do is take all black people back to the South and put them on the plantation so they would understand the ethic of working,"

Read More:

Before reading any of the replies to this let me predict a lot of bullshit from the lefties trying to spin, deny, rewrite history, or play the "those Republicans weren't really Republicans, they were really democrats and all the democrats who opposed equality, defended slavery, started and maintained the KKK, put American citizens in concentration camps, and blocked real civil rights as long and as hard as they could were really Republicans!"

Now let's see...

And it seems I was right on the money with my prediction.

Its an easy prediction because when you start out with a lie, predicting that someone will tell the truth is the easiest prediction to make.

Forum List

Back