Zone1 The GOP’s ‘southern strategy’ mastermind just died. Here’s his legacy.

Nonsense .
Any thinking person knows it .
It applies in every walk of life and the Chinese knew it almost 2000 years ago-- Sun Tzu for starters .

I went to school with a Kevin Phillips and I knew he was a plagiarist from the moment he started to copy my answers to school test questions and pretend that they were his work . Guess he continued scamming and others are gullible . .
You should feel complemented that Kevin Phillips popularized your knowledge. :)

I hate Trump because he cut taxes for the rich and because of his personality and character. If the Great Society had worked Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and Donald Trump would not have been elected president. Nixon, Reagan, and Trump exploited failures of the Great Society. They did not cause those failures.

Except - Nixon wasn't elected because the Great Society Failed, and he didn't revoke it. He was elected because LBJ got us into a pointless war in Vietnam that was spitting out Americans like a meat grinder.

Reagan wasn't elected because of the Great Society. He tried racist rhetoric about "Young Bucks" and "Welfare Queens" early on in his run, but he soon shut up about that shit as it wasn't playing well. He got elected because the economy was in the shitter and Iran took our people hostage.

Trump wasn't elected because of the Great Soceity either. He was elected because Hillary was an unpleasant woman and too many self-righteous assholes voted third party.

But let's give you a mulligan and say the reason why stupid white people keep voting against their own economic interests is because they just can't stand black people having the same rights as they do. That's not a comment on black people or the white people who want to fix the inequities in this country, that's a comment on the kind of stupid white person who is still upset that Jamal stuffed him into a locker.

Except - Nixon wasn't elected because the Great Society Failed, and he didn't revoke it. He was elected because LBJ got us into a pointless war in Vietnam that was spitting out Americans like a meat grinder.

Reagan wasn't elected because of the Great Society. He tried racist rhetoric about "Young Bucks" and "Welfare Queens" early on in his run, but he soon shut up about that shit as it wasn't playing well. He got elected because the economy was in the shitter and Iran took our people hostage.

Trump wasn't elected because of the Great Soceity either. He was elected because Hillary was an unpleasant woman and too many self-righteous assholes voted third party.

But let's give you a mulligan and say the reason why stupid white people keep voting against their own economic interests is because they just can't stand black people having the same rights as they do. That's not a comment on black people or the white people who want to fix the inequities in this country, that's a comment on the kind of stupid white person who is still upset that Jamal stuffed him into a locker.
The black ghetto riots got Nixon elected. The failures of the War on Poverty got Reagan elected. By the late 1970's most whites did not wan their tax money to be spent paying for welfare checks for illegitimate black children. Trump was elected because most affluent liberals care more about poor ghetto black men with several felony convictions and several illegitimate children than they care about poorly paid white men who work hard at jobs they dislike to support their wives and legitimate children.

Keep in mind, that I voted against Nixon, Reagan, and Trump.

Working class whites have often been victims of black criminals. They have lost opportunities to affirmative action. They have worked with beneficiaries of affirmative action, and they know how worthless they are.

The black ghetto riots got Nixon elected.

nope, that was Vietnam, dummy. If you were around at that time, you'd know that was all they talked about, and it wasn't helped by the fact that Humphrey tried to support continuing the war until he came out against it at the last minute.

The failures of the War on Poverty got Reagan elected. By the late 1970's most whites did not wan their tax money to be spent paying for welfare checks for illegitimate black children.

Except Reagan actually INCREASED welfare spending in his first term. Should also be pointed out that When Reagan was elected, the black out of wedlock rate was only 40%. Also, the main reason why Reagan won was that John Anderson split the liberal vote.

The reality is, in the 1970's, thanks to Feminism, people were rethinking this marriage thing. The stupidity that we need to get married if we get pregnant went away, and no one misses it.

Trump was elected because most affluent liberals care more about poor ghetto black men with several felony convictions and several illegitimate children than they care about poorly paid white men who work hard at jobs they dislike to support their wives and legitimate children.
Trump was never elected.... He was selected by the Electoral College. The fact is, Trump got less of a percentage of the vote than Romney did. It was third ticket splitters that put him over the top in the EC>

I hate to say this, but your obsession with black people is probably unhealthy. Whatever Jamal did to you, you need therapy, man.

Keep in mind, that I voted against Nixon, Reagan, and Trump.

I doubt you were old enough to vote for Nixon or Reagan, because I put you at about 25. Your writings don't come off as any more mature than that, and you certainly don't have the emotional maturity.

Working class whites have often been victims of black criminals.
Most people don't blame a whole race for what one criminal does.

I've been a crime victim, don't know the race of the person who did it and don't really care.

They have lost opportunities to affirmative action.

Again, the biggest beneficiaries of Affirmative Action have been WOMEN! Mostly WHITE WOMEN. Funny, you don't see white men complaining about that. Probably because they want to have some hope of getting laid.

They have worked with beneficiaries of affirmative action, and they know how worthless they are.

You have a point, I've worked with some white women who got promoted to fill a quota, and they were pretty worthless and couldn't pull their weight.
I've also worked with relatives of bosses, drinking buddies of bosses, and fuck-buddies of bosses, who couldn't pull their weight, either.

Except Reagan actually INCREASED welfare spending in his first term.

Conservative Transition in American Social Policy​

in: 1970s and Beyond, Eras in Social Welfare History, The 1980s and Beyond

The Conservative Transition in American Social Policy

by Jerry D. Marx, Ph.D., M.S.W., Associate Professor
University of New Hampshire

Once elected, Reagan cut a total of $140 billion from social programs, including the elimination of free school lunches for over one million poor children.

nope, that was Vietnam, dummy. If you were around at that time, you'd know that was all they talked about, and it wasn't helped by the fact that Humphrey tried to support continuing the war until he came out against it at the last minute.
The War in Vietnam pushed young people to the left. The black ghetto riots pushed older people to the right. They had thought that by supporting civil rights legislation they were buying racial peace. When they got five years of increasingly destructive black ghetto riots they felt betrayed.

Because there were no black ghetto riots of any significance during Nixon's first term the electorate rewarded him with a landslide victory over George McGovern.

The reality is, in the 1970's, thanks to Feminism, people were rethinking this marriage thing. The stupidity that we need to get married if we get pregnant went away, and no one misses it.
I have posted plenty of evidence that children raised to adulthood by both biological parents living together in matrimony tend to do better in life than other children.

I doubt you were old enough to vote for Nixon or Reagan, because I put you at about 25. Your writings don't come off as any more mature than that, and you certainly don't have the emotional maturity.
I document most of my factual assertions. You disregard facts that contradict what you want to believe, make unfounded assertions. and rely mainly in insults and name calling.

Most people don't blame a whole race for what one criminal does.

Study estimates U.S. population with felony convictions​

October 1, 2017
by Alan Flurry

New research led by a University of Georgia sociologist on the growth in the scope and scale of felony convictions finds that, as of 2010, 3 percent of the total U.S. population and 15 percent of the African-American male population have served time in prison. People with felony convictions more broadly account for 8 percent of the overall population and 33 percent of the African-American male population.

Study estimates U.S. population with felony convictions - UGA Today

It is not ignorant prejudice that causes people to associate blacks with crime. It is facts you choose to ignore.

Once elected, Reagan cut a total of $140 billion from social programs, including the elimination of free school lunches for over one million poor children.

Yup, got to cut them school lunches!!! That'll fucking show them to have a work ethic!!!

In reality, Social welfare spending increased during Reagan's term, mostly because the guy fucked up the economy so badly that millions of people needed that Government Cheese.

You took that one excerpt without reading the whole article, of course.

Reagan shifted the responsiblity for social welfare programs from the Federal to the State government. This is what he called, New Federalism. He didn't just cut payments to the poor, he cut Middle Class entitlements as well, including his "Social Security Reform" that eliminated payments to college students with dead parents. (A program I benefited from briefly until it was cut. I didn't keep that money, I gave most of it to my mom so she could make ends meet.)

So ironically, by you, Reagan used white people's racist fears to get them to vote against their own economic interests, and dammit, it's black people's fault for being so "uppity"!

You really are a piece of shit, Hector.

The War in Vietnam pushed young people to the left. The black ghetto riots pushed older people to the right. They had thought that by supporting civil rights legislation they were buying racial peace. When they got five years of increasingly destructive black ghetto riots they felt betrayed.

Wow, you live in your own fantasy world, don't you? Just because older people weren't growing their hair long and smoking dope meant they thought Vietnam was a good idea. Nixon promised to end the war with a secret plan that was so secret even he didn't know what it was. Yes, older people were horrified by racial unrest, but they were also horrified by Mai Lai and the stream of flag-draped coffins that were coming home. Vietnam was unique in that it was first war broadcast into our living rooms.

Because there were no black ghetto riots of any significance during Nixon's first term the electorate rewarded him with a landslide victory over George McGovern.

Sweet Evil Jesus, it's like talking to a wall. I've TOLD you why Nixon won in a landslide in 1972. McGovern was a crank. His own running mate called his platform "Acid, Amnesty and Abortion" that middle America would never go for. (Ironically, all those things eventually came to pass.) Said Running mate had to then withdraw from the ticket after it was revealed he got electric shock treatments at the loony-bin.

The funny thing about Nixon is he kept buying the racial peace you whine about. He established most of the Affirmative Action programs that have you wetting your pants. He created the EEOC.

I have posted plenty of evidence that children raised to adulthood by both biological parents living together in matrimony tend to do better in life than other children.

So fucking what? No one should get married because of a kid, and no one should stay in an unhappy marriage because of a kid. Here's what happened. After Griswald and Roe, 'Unplanned pregnancy" became a thing of the past. If she failed to take her pills and could get an abortion, the man felt no need to marry her if he knocked her up.

I document most of my factual assertions. You disregard facts that contradict what you want to believe, make unfounded assertions. and rely mainly in insults and name calling.

You find crank information on the internet, ignore underlying factors such as institutionalized racism, and feel better about your own failed life because of your pale pigmentation.

New research led by a University of Georgia sociologist on the growth in the scope and scale of felony convictions finds that, as of 2010, 3 percent of the total U.S. population and 15 percent of the African-American male population have served time in prison. People with felony convictions more broadly account for 8 percent of the overall population and 33 percent of the African-American male population.

Which only shows how racist the "Justice" system is. White people get good lawyers. White people are let off with warnings by the police. The poor black addict gets prison time and the rich white addict gets rehab, often with glowing press if they happen to be a celebrity.

And the sad thing is, you are probably fine with this, because Jamal stuffed you into a locker and hurt your feelings once.

Yup, got to cut them school lunches!!! That'll fucking show them to have a work ethic!!!

In reality, Social welfare spending increased during Reagan's term, mostly because the guy fucked up the economy so badly that millions of people needed that Government Cheese.
Social Security and Medicare are not welfare. They are middle class entitlements with enormous popular support. Reagan cut anti poverty programs for the poor. There is little support for those programs. After making deep cuts in them Reagan was re elected by a landslide, as was Nixon, despite my votes against both.

Social Security and Medicare are not welfare. They are middle class entitlements with enormous popular support. Reagan cut anti poverty programs for the poor.

He also cut Social Security and Medicare, which ARE welfare programs.

Middle Class Entitlement = WHITE PEOPLE WELFARE.

And sure they are popular. People might have to take care of their own elderly relatives and go bankrupt when they get sick.

After making deep cuts in them Reagan was re elected by a landslide, as was Nixon, despite my votes against both.

Actually, Reagan won in a landslide because Mondale was kind of a feckless twit. This was back in the days where if you chose badly with your candidate, you lost.

Reagan actually screwed most of the white people who supported him (including myself) but a lot of them voted for him because he played to their racial, religious and sexual fears.

In some ways, Democrats have been victims of their own success. Before FDR, most white people were grindingly poor. He elevated them to middle class, and white people, being kind of inherently awful, said, "I got mine, fuck you!"

Forum List

Back