Allen West Delivers Epic Speech On GOP's Proud History Fighting For Black Equality...

In a sweeping and stirring oration on the floor of the House of Representatives, Rep. Allen West (R-FL) proudly recounted the Republican Party’s long history of fighting for black freedom against the Democratic Party’s history of racism and oppression.

Rep. West’s speech offered a timeline of Republican Party victories on behalf of African Americans’ long battle for equality. From the elections of the first black members of Congress (Sen. Hiram Revels (R-MS) and Rep. Joseph Rainey (R-SC)), to the adoption of the 13th Amendment, 14th Amendment, 15th Amendment, 1875 Civil Rights Act, 1957 Civil Rights Act, 1964 Civil Rights Act, and of course the Emancipation itself, Rep. West recounted how each victory was the result of the Republican Party’s commitment to freedom for all citizens, regardless of hue.

Rep. West also recounted the victories of GOP luminaries like President Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, President Dwight Eisenhower, and Sen. Everett Dirksen.

Allen West commemorates Black History Month by telling the truth about Republicans and Black history - YouTube

Read More:
» Rep. Allen West Delivers Epic Speech on GOP’s Proud History of Fighting For Black Equality - Big Government

The problem with this 'history' is that it ignores relevant facts. For example, in the aftermath of LBJ's successful push for civil rights legislation in the mid 60's, there was a mass migration of Southern conservative white voters into the Republican Party.

Look at the Demographics of the Democrat and Republican elected officials in Congress. That will tell the tale.

Nice strawman.........now wanna answer the question?

It's a bullshit question. I've been all over this country and I've found more bigots in Liberal-land than anywhere else.

Actually, Gay Pinhead, it's not a bullshit question, because I've also been stationed in RI and other northern places. Guess what? Blacks are treated more equal in liberal areas than in conservative ones.

But..........way to avoid the question.

Are you kidding me? Have you seen how blacks are treated in Illinois?? I assure you I saw more bigotry and prejudice in the Chicago suburbs than I have ever seen in Atlanta suburbs.

It's so easy to ignore the fact that in Lincoln's time, the Democrats were the conservative bunch, and the Republicans were the liberal bunch.

Back then 'liberal' meant what 'conservative' basically means today, and the GOp never abandoned its commitment to civil rights.

What a COMPLETE CROCK OF SHIT! What was the National Review's stance on Civil Rights at that time? What about William F. Buckley's stance at that time??? :lol:

If the Republicans are so gung ho about equal rights, riddle me this.........

Why is it that the reddest states (southern) are the ones that are the most bigoted?

Why is it that northern states are the whitest? Limousine liberals can't mingle with the unwashed masses?

map_nhwhite.gif

The Southern slave states had the most amount of Blacks, what does that mean? :lol:

I did. Alan West is a buck dancing mammy singing coon a la Herman Cain.
And now, because you proved me right, ClosedCaption will act all superior to you for no apparent reason.

Oh, wait -- no, he won't. He's incapable of criticizing a fellow leftist.

On edit: You're a retard.

I don't give a shit how he acts towards. Coonie West seems to not have covered why blacks left the republican party.
It's not like you'd accept any rational reason anyway. You've got your closed little mind made up. No room for facts in there.

Yes they do but they like to play pretend
Today's revisionist history moment is brought to you by rderp and ClosedMind.

"Revisionist History" is what Republicans do.

So why is the Republican Party 90% white and what happened in the 60's to make it so.

Make it good. We're waiting. :popcorn:
This has been explained to you repeatedly. But you're more interested in bitterly clinging to your leftist programming.

It's so easy to ignore the fact that in Lincoln's time, the Democrats were the conservative bunch, and the Republicans were the liberal bunch.

Back then 'liberal' meant what 'conservative' basically means today

What a stupid thing to say. Are we talking about back when "day" meant what "night" means today, too? Or when "up" meant what "down" means today?

and the GOp never abandoned its commitment to civil rights.

Which explains exactly why the GOP dominated south stands in the lead on civil rights nowadays. :eusa_hand:

Forget party affiliation. That which we call a rose, by any other name, will still make you bleed. Let's get to the meat and potatoes. Civil rights has ALWAYS been a liberal issue, and the conservative position has always been to either oppose civil rights, deny there is a problem in the first place, or to insist that the problem is not so bad, or that they problem should be left to individuals to sort out.
Horseshit.

If the left believes in civil rights, why do they insist that black people can't succeed without the help of white liberals?

It's because you think blacks are inferior.

We should nominate Mr. West to run for President.

It's refreshing to see someone finally stick up for Republicans.

Look at what he's saying:

Rep. West’s speech offered a timeline of Republican Party victories on behalf of African Americans’ long battle for equality. From the elections of the first black members of Congress (Sen. Hiram Revels (R-MS) and Rep. Joseph Rainey (R-SC)), to the adoption of the 13th Amendment, 14th Amendment, 15th Amendment, 1875 Civil Rights Act, 1957 Civil Rights Act, 1964 Civil Rights Act, and of course the Emancipation itself, Rep. West recounted how each victory was the result of the Republican Party’s commitment to freedom for all citizens, regardless of hue.

He's talking about the Republican Party before most of the Conservatives left the Democratic Party and joined the Republican Party and all the Liberals left the Republican Party and jointed the Democratic Party.

It's exactly the same as Republicans trying to take credit for taking out Bin Laden. Even McCain said Republican's torturing was no help and was in fact, a hindrance.

Why is the Republican Party 90% white? Why do they try to take credit for things that belong to others?
Where did you morons hear that? "He's talking about the Republican Party before most of the Conservatives left the Democratic Party and joined the Republican Party and all the Liberals left the Republican Party and jointed the Democratic Party."

And of course, not a single one of you has offered any proof, because it never occurs to you to question your programming.

Morons.

Today's revisionist history moment is brought to you by rderp and ClosedMind.

"Revisionist History" is what Republicans do.

So why is the Republican Party 90% white and what happened in the 60's to make it so.

Make it good. We're waiting. :popcorn:
This has been explained to you repeatedly. But you're more interested in bitterly clinging to your leftist programming.

Instead of saying its been explained, you could've used the same number of keystrokes to explain it. But you didnt...not a coincidence

In a sweeping and stirring oration on the floor of the House of Representatives, Rep. Allen West (R-FL) proudly recounted the Republican Party’s long history of fighting for black freedom against the Democratic Party’s history of racism and oppression.

Rep. West also recounted the victories of GOP luminaries like President Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, President Dwight Eisenhower, and Sen. Everett Dirksen.

Allen West commemorates Black History Month by telling the truth about Republicans and Black history - YouTube

Read More:
» Rep. Allen West Delivers Epic Speech on GOP’s Proud History of Fighting For Black Equality - Big Government
He is such a racist.

Right, USMB lefties?

Yes, he is a racist
Do you even know what it means? It DOESN'T mean "anything leftists don't like".

You're welcome.

:laugh: Funniest shit I've read.

Instead of Republican and Democrat spanning the history of a century plus, how about you compare the ideologies of those parties during the time period. I speak of liberal and conservative.

Sorry, but I laugh every time I read about conservatives completely ignorant about the political party ideology shift. I love it when I see conservatives of today try to make themselves feel good because of the actions of liberal(by the standard of the times) republicans of the past.

You ever fucking wonder why in the 1800's and early 1900's the southern states you equate to conservatism they were "blue states", but nowadays they're red states?

Yeah... it's not because all of those conservative assholes moved north and the more liberal northerners moved south. They switched parties.

Last edited:
Republican Abe Lincoln freed the slaves.
A Republican Congress passed the Civil Rights Act of 1866.
The Republican's during the Civil War were "civil rights oriented".
In 1892, the Democrats took the presidency & Congress and repealed most of the civil rights laws.
In 1929, most blacks were Republicans.
In 1932, Republican Herbert Hoover drew 3/4 of the black vote. Democratic Franklin Roosevelt drew 1/4. Roosevelt won.
By 1936, millions of blacks starting changing parties.
In 1942, Democrat Harry Truman integrated the armed forces.
A Democratic Congress passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

And the CRA 1964 bill got more GOP votes than Democrat votes in congress.

No, it did not get more GOP votes

The original House version:[13]
Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%-39%)
Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[14]
Democratic Party: 44-23 (66%–34%)
Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)
The Senate version:[13]
Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%–31%)
Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[13]
Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%–37%)
Republican Party: 136-35 (80%–20%)
Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You're kidding, right? Your own citation proves you wrong.

Each version of the bill got a higher percentage of GOP "yes" votes than Democrat "yes" votes.

Voting Rights Act under siege

Voting Rights Act under siege - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Well, so much for "Republicans are the friends to blacks" meme.

It must be really embarrassing to be a conservative and have all the stuff you THOUGHT you knew, be proven wrong on the very threads you started.

Oh horseshit.

Many in the GOP want to reduce voter fraud and take steps to make sure that people are citizens and are not voting multiple times in different precincts.

What the hell is wrong with making sure a person only votes once andis actually a citizen?

Because that might reduce Democrat voter fraud?

What they are doing has zero to do with voter fraud or any other kind of fraud and 100% to do with making it harder for some Democrats to vote
You left "fraudulently" off the end of your sentence.

Forum List

Back