Allen West calls Wasserman Schultz ‘vile’ and ‘not a lady’ for criticizing his budget

Seems to me that he isn't the one whining though. He isn't the one claiming victim status because he got caught redhanded doing something cowardly and unethical and got yelled at for it.

"Cowardly and unethical"?

Really?

Yep. Anytime one of my colleagues would presume to wait until I had left the room to continue an ongoing personal vendetta and single me out for criticism for supporting a piece of legislation even some of her own party supported, I would consider that cowardly and unethical. Wouldn't you?

No. I'd call it politics as usual.

Are we sure that DWS knew West had left? I mean, It's not really her responsibility to ensure he's in attendence before she speaks her mind.

Excatly right! We've heard nothing from West, but we heard an outcry from DWS and her allies who always take offense when one of their "ladies" gets back what she hands out.

This wouldn't be a news item if "we've heard nothing from West".

His bad case of vaginitis is what made this whole thing newsworthy. Schultz's comments were relatively benign.
He struck back to put a stop to her nonsense; 3-instances of invading his privacy on an unprofessional level. and she made it public. There were three instances in which she provoked him; he responded on the third. You would too, unless you are a shrinking lilly, and I doubt that.

Exactly. I do not fault him in any way for calling her out. It's about time Repulicans started getting angry at the absurd things said about them. I only object to the language he used to do it. He should have chosen his words more carefully to avoid making THEM the target of the left rather than the circumstances that provoked them. The language can't be defended. The circumstances justifying the outburst certainly can.

Last edited:
"Cowardly and unethical"?

Really?

Yep. Anytime one of my colleagues would presume to wait until I had left the room to continue an ongoing personal vendetta and single me out for criticism for supporting a piece of legislation even some of her own party supported, I would consider that cowardly and unethical. Wouldn't you?

Are we sure that DWS knew West had left? I mean, It's not really her responsibility to ensure he's in attendence before she speaks her mind.

She knew. The chamber was practically empty except for the staff that had to be there and the few people who wanted to get behind the microphone to be read into the Congressional Record.

This wouldn't be a news item if "we've heard nothing from West".

His bad case of vaginitis is what made this whole thing newsworthy. Schultz's comments were relatively benign.
He struck back to put a stop to her nonsense; 3-instances of invading his privacy on an unprofessional level. and she made it public. There were three instances in which she provoked him; he responded on the third. You would too, unless you are a shrinking lilly, and I doubt that.

Exactly. I do not fault him in any way for calling her out. It's about time Repulicans started getting angry at the absurd things said about them. I only object to the language he used to do it. He should have chosen his words more carefully to avoid making THEM the target of the left rather than the circumstances that provoked them. The language can't be defended. The circumstances provoking the outburst certainly can.

He didn't call her out. He sent an e-mail. Calling her out would have been saying it in public (and in a much more svelte way)

DWS really didn't say anything absurd about West (certainly not in comparison to what West said to her). She just commented on a vote he made that she felt would hurt his district. I am sure there was some strategic thought that went into the comment. DWS and West's districts are being combined next year and they will run against each other.

*Edit*
To clarify, I was wrong about the election. West lives in DWS district, but they won't be running against each other.

Last edited:

She knew. The chamber was practically empty except for the staff that had to be there and the few people who wanted to get behind the microphone to be read into the Congressional Record.

You mean you speculate that she knew.

As I noted, DWS and West are running against each other. I can see why she wanted comment on his vote on the record.

*Edit*
To clarify, I was wrong about the election. West lives in DWS district, but they won't be running against each other.

Last edited:

Exactly. I do not fault him in any way for calling her out. It's about time Repulicans started getting angry at the absurd things said about them. I only object to the language he used to do it. He should have chosen his words more carefully to avoid making THEM the target of the left rather than the circumstances that provoked them. The language can't be defended. The circumstances provoking the outburst certainly can.

He didn't call her out. He sent an e-mail. Calling her out would have been saying it in public (and in a much more svelte way)

DWS really didn't say anything absurd about West (certainly not in comparison to what West said to her). She just commented on a vote he made that she felt would hurt his district. I am sure there was some strategic thought that went into the comment. DWS and West's districts are being combined next year and they will run against each other.

"Call out" is a figure of speech. And if you have been reading the thread and keeping up, you know that this is not the first time she has targeted him and you would have been advised of at least some of the history involved. This one incident probably would not have provoked the response it did without the history behind it. The proverbial last straw that broke the camel's back and all that. She called him out before a microphone, the media, and the world. He called her out privately in an e-mail though he did copy it to the leadership of both parties which is the proper procedure when sending a critical e-mail. She or her staff or one of the Democrats immediately leaked it to the press because they knew some people love having anything to use to embarrass or criticize a Republican or somebody on the right. Which was also reprehensible in the way I judge these things.

Last edited:

"Call out" is a figure of speech. And if you have been reading the thread and keeping up, you know that this is not the first time she has targeted him and you would have been advised of at least some of the history involved. This one incident probably would not have provoked the response it did without the history behind it. The proverbial last straw that broke the camel's back and all that.

West is obviously too easy to bait. He will not have a long political career

As I noted, DWS and West are running against each other. I can see why she wanted comment on his vote on the record.

They are in separate districts. Separate constituencies. Again, if you have been following the thread, you would know that too. In fact, you should know that you can't have two congresspersons from the same district serving in the House of Representatives at the same time.

"Call out" is a figure of speech. And if you have been reading the thread and keeping up, you know that this is not the first time she has targeted him and you would have been advised of at least some of the history involved. This one incident probably would not have provoked the response it did without the history behind it. The proverbial last straw that broke the camel's back and all that.

All I can find evidence of are West's own alligations. As they will be running for the same seat in the next election, they are certainly rivals.

At any rate, even if there is history, all it shows is that West, the purported mighty warrior, can be made to look like a fool by a middle aged mother of three.

All I can find evidence of are West's own alligations. As they will be running for the same seat in the next election, they are certainly rivals.

At any rate, even if there is history, all it shows is that West, the purported mighty warrior, can be made to look like a fool by a middle aged mother of three.

Again, if you had been following the thread, you would have found the links provided to other incidents. And please provide a credible source verifying that they will be running from the same district in 2012.

And I accept it is your opinion that he looks like a fool. Many on the left are doing their damndest to create that illusion as they do to ALL conservative minorities and women or even rich white guys if they can manufacture enough ammunition.

His version of "striking back" is to send a whiney e-mail to her and CC senior members of congress? If he thinks that's striking back, he's pumping gas on Mars. Furthermore, if he can't take verbal criticism, then he's in the wrong business, and if he thinks this will "put a stop" to anything he's an idiot. Now that it is well known that he's a thin-skinned hothead, he'll just get more barbs.

BTW, in what way did DSW "invade his privacy" and where else has she provoked him? West accused her of staging some sort of rally, but other than West's accusations, I haven't seen anything to suppor that.

If I were in West's position I certainly wouldn't act like the petulant child that he did. I do think DSW is provoking him. He is just too stupid see what is going on. DSW and West will be running against each other in the next election and she is doing a good job of making him look like an asshole and it's going to reflect in the next election.

West is playing checkers and DSW is playing chess.

Like I said, I am glad he was never my commander. He possesses an amazing ability to miss the long view.
Here's a link to a video in an earlier post - in which she, with the defrocked and impeached judge Alcee Hastings (now congressman), and his opponent Klein staged a campaign event at his campaign headquarters.

And furthermore West claims that she, DWS, along with others of her party got his social security number and his wife's business number and released them in a letter that went public.

Whether she's playing chess to his checkers; we'll find out between now and the next election.

Last edited:

Again, if you had been following the thread, you would have found the links provided to other incidents. And please provide a credible source verifying that they will be running from the same district in 2012.

And I accept it is your opinion that he looks like a fool. Many on the left are doing their damndest to create that illusion as they do to ALL conservative minorities and women or even rich white guys if they can manufacture enough ammunition.

You are right. I thought I read that West and DWS were going to run against each other in the next election due to redistricting. I can't find anything to support that. Maybe I confabulated it. At any rate, West does live in DWS's district.

As for the "history". Still, long on claims and short on facts. The best I have seen are West's comments in the e-mail.

Speaking of chivalry:

Forget any collegial cooperation henceforth between DWS and West, who are about as polar as political opposites can be. She’s a liberal, Jewish woman with an aggressive partisan agenda (and talent for annoying people) and he’s a hard-charging conservative black Republican and tea party favorite with a rep for opening his mouth before engaging his brain or better judgment. West, for example, recently wrote in his constituent newsletter: “When I see anyone with an Obama bumper sticker, I recognize them as a threat to the gene pool.” Granted, the line on fair comment keeps moving, but that one crosses it.

Not that West cares. The day after his intemperate email he appeared on Fox and tried to cast it as a matter of personal honor and military candor. “There are certain ways we speak in the military,” West said, “and I guess I haven’t maybe learned the D.C. inside talk that maybe some of these people are used to.”

Read more: The Allen & Debbie Show - Michael Putney - MiamiHerald.com

I suppose West can dish it out but can't take it.

So you are unaware of her involvement in releasing private information about his wife...or staging a protest in front of his campaign headquarters.
These are things she did not deny.......her attitude was "all is fair in politics"....

And she did stage and lead a protest outside of his campaign headquarters when he was running for Congress accusing him of vile attitudes toward women because he had written a piece for "Bikers Magazine" that is not exactly PC when it comes to women. His article was not un-PC and he has never received a bad rap re attitudes toward women, but it was guilt by association and included some very unwarranted accusations on her part.

I hope the more reasonable among us are beginning to put this in its larger context. I still will not condone the language he used, but it was not sexist, she is not a victim, and he was plenty justified at being ticked off.

Edit: Some background on the campaign protest. I was wrong that he wrote for the magazine specifically:

Apparently West won that skirmish as he won the election.

That is an excellent quote to show the scurrilous tactics people like Wasserman-Schults, and her kindred spirits will go to defame a person with no truth to their charges. So West wrote articles for a magazine (a biker magazine that exhibited pics of sexy women in enticing poses) and she believes this will get him in trouble with his base so she exposes that, and at the same time connects him, without actually making the charge that he associates with misogynous authors who happen to write for the magazine; classic guilt by association tactic the Dems love so well.

So DWS, along with other Dems campaigning for office on their own behalf made a joint protest at this campaign headquarters back in October 2010 right before the election.

House Democrats Hold Protest at Allen West’s HQ October 22, 2010 Florida Review
by Javier Manjarres

Earlier today, the congressional campaigns of Ron Klein, Alcee Hastings, and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz joined forces together to protest Lt. Colonel Allen West at his Deerfield Beach, Florida headquarters. Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz attended the ‘tea party-ish’ protest of West and spoke to the crowd of about 50 Ron Klein supporters. Allen West has been under fire for his affiliation with the Miami-based biker magazine Wheels on the Road, as West penned occasional op-eds and columns for the publication. The magazine has been accused of publishing denigrating pictures of women in its pages- however the women depicted in the magazine photographs seem to be willfully participating and engaging the camera.

Furthermore West claims that She DWS, along with others of her party got his social security number and his wife's business number and released them in a letter that went public. These people are vile, despicable, unprofessional, dishonest, and are just plain thugs by any measure. He is showing DWS, the author of the most recent incident "what for" and she can't take it. She acts the part of the innocent injured party and she's nothing better than a thug.

Thanks. That puts the "protest" thing in context. Probably was a cheap shot on DWS part. I doubt they did that out of protecting women from denigration. Politics ain't beanbag.

As for the SSN and release of personal information, if that is true, it is a crime. West should report it to the proper authorities and it should be investigated. Until then, it's just an accusation. It's irreponsible to claim that DWS was a party to a crime without any real evidence.

As for the response, West didn't give DWS the "what for". He looked like an asshole.

This OPED sums it up best:

The Allen & Debbie Show - Michael Putney - MiamiHerald.com

You are right. I thought I read that West and DWS were going to run against each other in the next election due to redistricting. I can't find anything to support that. Maybe I confabulated it. At any rate, West does live in DWS's district.

As for the "history". Still, long on claims and short on facts. The best I have seen are West's comments in the e-mail.

Speaking of chivalry:

Forget any collegial cooperation henceforth between DWS and West, who are about as polar as political opposites can be. She’s a liberal, Jewish woman with an aggressive partisan agenda (and talent for annoying people) and he’s a hard-charging conservative black Republican and tea party favorite with a rep for opening his mouth before engaging his brain or better judgment. West, for example, recently wrote in his constituent newsletter: “When I see anyone with an Obama bumper sticker, I recognize them as a threat to the gene pool.” Granted, the line on fair comment keeps moving, but that one crosses it.

Not that West cares. The day after his intemperate email he appeared on Fox and tried to cast it as a matter of personal honor and military candor. “There are certain ways we speak in the military,” West said, “and I guess I haven’t maybe learned the D.C. inside talk that maybe some of these people are used to.”

Do you generally just regurgitate what other people say or do you ever check it out for yourself first?

Here's the actual quotation and source of that bumper sticker line. Perhaps you will see the difference between what West actually said and what Putney says he said:

, , , ,And all we hear from the President is talk about “shared sacrifice,” “tax the rich,” and “increase revenues by tax hikes.” It was just December 2010 that President Obama and the Democrats extended the Bush era tax rates for two years…now less than a year later they are FLIP-FLOPPING!

The problem is, there is no confidence and certainty in the fiscal vision emanating from Washington D.C. and hence revenues and receipts are down. We are not setting the conditions or creating an environment for economic and job growth. For all of you, that is what has to change, and that is where I am committed to seeing change and not the empty rhetorical doublespeak of 2008.

I suppose the President forgot that 47% of wage earning households in America do not pay federal income taxes.

In the area of foreign policy, the United States has officially recognized the Libyan rebels as the “legitimate” government of Libya. Now, I am just a simple fella from down South, but I recall a previous Democrat President recognizing a bunch of undefined ideological zealots called the Taliban…and we all see how that ended up!

The voices of the American people who want sound fiscal, taxation, and regulatory policy need to be heard this week. I am issuing a “call to action” – let the White House, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid hear how you feel. Are there REALLY 80% of Americans who want higher taxes?

I must confess, when I see anyone with an Obama 2012 bumper sticker, I recognize them as a threat to the gene pool.

At this Point, Anyone with an Obama 2012 Bumper Sticker is a Threat to the Gene Pool | Red County

Speaking of chivalry:

Do you generally just regurgitate what other people say or do you ever check it out for yourself first?

Here's the actual quotation and source of that bumper sticker line. Perhaps you will see the difference between what West actually said and what Putney says he said:

, , , ,And all we hear from the President is talk about “shared sacrifice,” “tax the rich,” and “increase revenues by tax hikes.” It was just December 2010 that President Obama and the Democrats extended the Bush era tax rates for two years…now less than a year later they are FLIP-FLOPPING!

The problem is, there is no confidence and certainty in the fiscal vision emanating from Washington D.C. and hence revenues and receipts are down. We are not setting the conditions or creating an environment for economic and job growth. For all of you, that is what has to change, and that is where I am committed to seeing change and not the empty rhetorical doublespeak of 2008.

I suppose the President forgot that 47% of wage earning households in America do not pay federal income taxes.

In the area of foreign policy, the United States has officially recognized the Libyan rebels as the “legitimate” government of Libya. Now, I am just a simple fella from down South, but I recall a previous Democrat President recognizing a bunch of undefined ideological zealots called the Taliban…and we all see how that ended up!

The voices of the American people who want sound fiscal, taxation, and regulatory policy need to be heard this week. I am issuing a “call to action” – let the White House, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid hear how you feel. Are there REALLY 80% of Americans who want higher taxes?

I must confess, when I see anyone with an Obama 2012 bumper sticker, I recognize them as a threat to the gene pool.

At this Point, Anyone with an Obama 2012 Bumper Sticker is a Threat to the Gene Pool | Red County

What is the difference? Somehow adding 2012 to the phrase changes the context of the statement? I dont' think so.

Thanks. That puts the "protest" thing in context. Probably was a cheap shot on DWS part. I doubt they did that out of protecting women from denigration. Politics ain't beanbag.

As for the SSN and release of personal information, if that is true, it is a crime. West should report it to the proper authorities and it should be investigated. Until then, it's just an accusation. It's irreponsible to claim that DWS was a party to a crime without any real evidence.

As for the response, West didn't give DWS the "what for". He looked like an asshole.

That's a gpod link and from it:
Last week, U.S. Reps. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Democrat from Weston, and Allen West, Republican from Plantation, obliged with a humdinger of a dust-up that did neither any good and drove an awkward wedge into the South Florida congressional delegation. I don’t see it healing anytime soon, which is unfortunate because most of our [FLORIDA] problems are nonpartisan and require a collegial, cooperative congressional effort.

She has attacked a colleague from her own delegation. That in itself is unprofessional. I know that two of our congresspeople here in Indiana are as far from each other as they can get; our Steve Buyer, and next door Baron Hill (up until the 111th congress and they would never do any of the crap she pulled, nor even mention one another in an unfriendly fashion. And this lapse of colleagiality creates a problem which I mentioned from the very start of this thread.

Last edited:

That's a gpod link and from it:
Last week, U.S. Reps. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Democrat from Weston, and Allen West, Republican from Plantation, obliged with a humdinger of a dust-up that did neither any good and drove an awkward wedge into the South Florida congressional delegation. I don’t see it healing anytime soon, which is unfortunate because most of our [FLORIDA] problems are nonpartisan and require a collegial, cooperative congressional effort.

She has attacked a colleague from her own delegation. That in itself is unprofessional. I know that two of our congresspeople here in Indiana are as far from each other as they can get; our Steve Buyer, and next door Baron Hill (up until the 111th congress and they would never do any of the crap she pulled, nor even mention one another in an unfriendly fashion.

As he said, Schultz has a talent for getting under people's skin. Then again, he didn't have any kind words for the way West responded either.

OK, now I also understand his whining e-mail.

This should be good next year.

OK, now I also understand his whining e-mail.

This should be good next year.

To clarify, I was wrong about that. West lives in DWS district, but they won't be running against each other.

Speaking of chivalry:

What is the difference? Somehow adding 2012 to the phrase changes the context of the statement? I dont' think so.

If you don't see how putting the comment into its full context and how the 2012 changes the whole context of what Putney wanted you to believe, then, my friend, I would have to put you in the hopeless category. I see a HUGE difference and I don't think I'm any smarter than the average bear.

Forum List

Back