Allen West calls Wasserman Schultz ‘vile’ and ‘not a lady’ for criticizing his budget

Seems to me that he isn't the one whining though. He isn't the one claiming victim status because he got caught redhanded doing something cowardly and unethical and got yelled at for it.
Excatly right! We've heard nothing from West, but we heard an outcry from DWS and her allies who always take offense when one of their "ladies" gets back what she hands out.

Oh, you mean his whiney little e-mail doesn't really exist?

I read the e-mail. You read the e-mail or had plenty of chance to do so on this thread. One of us has a really screwed up perception in order to call it whiney. I haven't called it whiney. If it was a whiney little e-mail why would Schultz's toadies feel a need to defend her?

Again I do NOT fault West for calling her on her unprofessional, unethical, and cowardly behavior. I do fault him for the language he used to do that, not because it was directed at a woman, but because he left himself open to be criticized for the language.

I do NOT think a woman in Congress should be treated with any more deference than a man, however, and she absolutely deserved to be called out for what she did.

Excatly right! We've heard nothing from West, but we heard an outcry from DWS and her allies who always take offense when one of their "ladies" gets back what she hands out.

I read the e-mail. You read the e-mail or had plenty of chance to do so on this thread. One of us has a really screwed up perception in order to call it whiney. I haven't called it whiney. If it was a whiney little e-mail why would Schultz's toadies feel a need to defend her?

Again I do NOT fault West for calling her on her unprofessional, unethical, and cowardly behavior. I do fault him for the language he used to do that, not because it was directed at a woman, but because he left himself open to be criticized for the language.

I do NOT think a woman in Congress should be treated with any more deference than a man, however, and she absolutely deserved to be called out for what she did.

So, when people talk about how ignorant Bachmann or Palin is, you're cool with calling them out for their stupidity as well?

So, when people talk about how ignorant Bachmann or Palin is, you're cool with calling them out for their stupidity as well?
I am, but they shouldn't be called whores for it, which is essentially what West said about Wassermann.

I am, but they shouldn't be called whores for it, which is essentially what West said about Wassermann.

Really? Here yet again is the full text of the e-mail. Please point out where he alluded to a whore. And remember that this was a private e-mail to her, copied to the Democratic and Republican leadership which is standard practice. It was the Democrats who immediately leaked it to the press.

Subject: Unprofessional and Inappropriate Sophomoric Behavior from Wasserman-Schultz

Look, Debbie, I understand that after I departed the House floor you directed your floor speech comments directly towards me. Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige. You are the most vile, unprofessional ,and despicable member of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up. Focus on your own congressional district!

I am bringing your actions today to our Majority Leader and Majority Whip and from this time forward, understand that I shall defend myself forthright against your heinous characterless behavior……which dates back to the disgusting protest you ordered at my campaign hqs, October 2010 in Deerfield Beach.

You have proven repeatedly that you are not a Lady, therefore, shall not be afforded due respect from me!

Steadfast and Loyal

Congressman Allen B West (R-FL)

Really? Here yet again is the full text of the e-mail. Please point out where he alluded to a whore. And remember that this was a private e-mail to her, copied to the Democratic and Republican leadership which is standard practice. It was the Democrats who immediately leaked it to the press.

Subject: Unprofessional and Inappropriate Sophomoric Behavior from Wasserman-Schultz

Look, Debbie, I understand that after I departed the House floor you directed your floor speech comments directly towards me. Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige. You are the most vile, unprofessional ,and despicable member of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up. Focus on your own congressional district!

I am bringing your actions today to our Majority Leader and Majority Whip and from this time forward, understand that I shall defend myself forthright against your heinous characterless behavior……which dates back to the disgusting protest you ordered at my campaign hqs, October 2010 in Deerfield Beach.

You have proven repeatedly that you are not a Lady, therefore, shall not be afforded due respect from me!

Steadfast and Loyal

No........that wasn't the full text.........

The e-mail said: "Look, Debbie, I understand that after I departed the House floor you directed your floor speech comments directly towards me. Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige. You are the most vile, unprofessional and despicable member of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up."

West also wrote that Wasserman Schultz has proven "that you are not a Lady" and "shall not be afforded due respect from me!" He said he was alerting House leaders to her "heinous characterless behavior."

A spokesman for Wasserman Schultz, Jonathan Beeton, said in an email of his own: "I don't think that Congressman West is upset at the congresswoman, but rather with the fact that she highlighted that he and other Republicans are once again trying to balance the budget on the backs of seniors, children and the middle class. ... The truth hurts."

Read more: Black Caucus 'Furious' Over GOP Rep. West's Email to Dem Party Chief - FoxNews.com

Ya left some out.......

Steadfast and Loyal

If you're female, but not a lady, what are you?

Steadfast and Loyal

If you're female, but not a lady, what are you?

An unladylike person. Perhaps even a vile, reprehensible, cowardly person. He couldn't very well accuse her of not being a gentleman but, had she been a man, he no doubt would have told him he was not a gentleman. I suppose that would be calling a guy a whore in the way you interpret these things?

Almost every leftwing blog has been using something similiar to your phrase that West called Schultz a whore. Not a single one of them has provided a link from ANY reliable source that backs that up. To me it is absolutely unconscionable and reprehensible to accuse HIM of saying that when he has not.

Most of it comes from a Stephen Colbert routine that the left, as some are wont to do, twisted to put the words in West's mouth. You can see the video here:
Stephen Colbert: Allen West Took Debbie Wasserman Schultz to Task (Video) - Broward/Palm Beach News - The Daily Pulp

And to ABS, I defy you to find a copy of the e-mail from any reliable source that is any different than what I posted.

>> still laughing at the times Wasserman was on Both Sunday Cable News Programs ProClaiming that Obama has created more Jobs in his two(or so) years than Bush did in 8, and later on she was trying to convince the 15 Million Unemployed Americans that thanks to Obama, we are in a full,but somewhat slow ECONOMIC RECOVERY !!!! I don't know whats funnier, the "No Soup For You" episode, or a DNC Chairman making an ass of herself on Live TV.

It's nowhere near a crime.

Do you think West should be censured for lack of deference to a party member in his email?

I mean, it's okay for a good party member and supporter like David Letterman to LITERALLY call Sarah Palin's underage daughter a whore and joke about her being raped.

{Letterman calls Gov. Palin’s daughter a prosititute. Makes rape joke about Palin’s 14 year old. – UPDATED!}

Letterman calls Gov. Palin’s daughter a prosititute. Makes rape joke about Palin’s 14 year old. – UPDATED! « The IUSB Vision Weblog

Palin is an enemy of the party - there are no boundaries. But West said that due to her behavior, Wasserman-Schultz is "no lady." Now laughing about a 14 year old being raped is all good fun - she's the daughter of a hated enemy of the party. Saying an exalted party member isn't a lady though, that's serious and can't be forgiven. So what punishment should West suffer?

It's nowhere near a crime.

Do you think West should be censured for lack of deference to a party member in his email?

I mean, it's okay for a good party member and supporter like David Letterman to LITERALLY call Sarah Palin's underage daughter a whore and joke about her being raped.

{Letterman calls Gov. Palin’s daughter a prosititute. Makes rape joke about Palin’s 14 year old. – UPDATED!}

Letterman calls Gov. Palin’s daughter a prosititute. Makes rape joke about Palin’s 14 year old. – UPDATED! « The IUSB Vision Weblog

Palin is an enemy of the party - there are no boundaries. But West said that due to her behavior, Wasserman-Schultz is "no lady." Now laughing about a 14 year old being raped is all good fun - she's the daughter of a hated enemy of the party. Saying an exalted party member isn't a lady though, that's serious and can't be forgiven. So what punishment should West suffer?

Letterman was wrong and so was West. and no, West shouldn't be censured.

Are you saying he loses his First Amendment privileges over a necessary visit? :lol::lol::lol:

I guess you are right...

West always has a first amendment right to whine like a little bitch

Seems to me that he isn't the one whining though. He isn't the one claiming victim status because he got caught redhanded doing something cowardly and unethical and got yelled at for it.

"Cowardly and unethical"?

Really?

I guess you are right...

This wouldn't be a news item if "we've heard nothing from West".

His bad case of vaginitis is what made this whole thing newsworthy. Schultz's comments were relatively benign.

Letterman was wrong and so was West.

They're basically the same though, right?
I mean DWS attacked West on the house floor and in the congressional record, the 14 year old minor had never said squat to the old rapist, Letterman - BUT she did have the NERVE to be the daughter of an enemy of the party!

There is truly no hypocrisy like demopocrisy....

Letterman was wrong and so was West.

They're basically the same though, right?
I mean DWS attacked West on the house floor and in the congressional record, the 14 year old minor had never said squat to the old rapist, Letterman - BUT she did have the NERVE to be the daughter of an enemy of the party!

There is truly no hypocrisy like demopocrisy....

I never said they were the same. I said they were both wrong.

This wouldn't be a news item if "we've heard nothing from West".

His bad case of vaginitis is what made this whole thing newsworthy. Schultz's comments were relatively benign.
He struck back to put a stop to her nonsense; 3-instances of invading his privacy on an unprofessional level. and she made it public. There were three instances in which she provoked him; he responded on the third. You would too, unless you are a shrinking lilly, and I doubt that.

Last edited:

Speaking of toadies....:eusa_whistle:

I guess you are right...

"Cowardly and unethical"?

Really?

Yep. Anytime one of my colleagues would presume to wait until I had left the room to continue an ongoing personal vendetta and single me out for criticism for supporting a piece of legislation even some of her own party supported, I would consider that cowardly and unethical. Wouldn't you?

He struck back to put a stop to her nonsense; 3-instances of invading his privacy on an unprofessional level. and she made it public. There were three instances in which she provoked him; he responded on the third. You would too, unless you are a shrinking lilly, and I doubt that.

His version of "striking back" is to send a whiney e-mail to her and CC senior members of congress? If he thinks that's striking back, he's pumping gas on Mars. Furthermore, if he can't take verbal criticism, then he's in the wrong business, and if he thinks this will "put a stop" to anything he's an idiot. Now that it is well known that he's a thin-skinned hothead, he'll just get more barbs.

BTW, in what way did DSW "invade his privacy" and where else has she provoked him? West accused her of staging some sort of rally, but other than West's accusations, I haven't seen anything to suppor that.

If I were in West's position I certainly wouldn't act like the petulant child that he did. I do think DSW is provoking him. He is just too stupid see what is going on. DSW and West will be running against each other in the next election and she is doing a good job of making him look like an asshole and it's going to reflect in the next election.

West is playing checkers and DSW is playing chess.

Like I said, I am glad he was never my commander. He possesses an amazing ability to miss the long view.

*Edit*
To clarify, I was wrong about the election. West lives in DWS district, but they won't be running against each other.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back