ALL-FEMALE engineer team designed the Miami bridge that collapsed last week

These fat, incompetent, Cuban ladies were given special preference because they have vaginas and speak Spanish. It's ridiculous and the result is now dead bodies and a massive failure.

The 8A program - . About the 8(a) Business Development Program | The U.S. Small Business Administration | SBA.gov - is a joke.

Why are we rewarding incompetence? "We the People" should award contracts based on merit, PERIOD.

It's ridiculous and the result is now dead bodies and a massive failure.

Why are we rewarding incompetence? "We the People" should award contracts based on merit, PERIOD.

From the white male engineers and multiple contracts of the Bell V-22 Osprey aircraft

Republicans hate women. A Republican on this board called me a woman thinking I would be ashamed at being called a woman. Clearly I'm not a woman. Being called one is just strange, but I respect and admire women. So I don't see how it's a put down. As if being a woman is something to be ashamed of.

Why any woman would be a Republican is beyond me. It makes less sense than a black or gay Republican.

At least Republicans aren't trying to legislate black people's bodies. Republicans just want to shoot them.

Trump says Pence wants to hang all gay people.

So I guess we know where Republicans stand on women, blacks and gays.

Republicans hate women. A Republican on this board called me a woman thinking I would be ashamed at being called a woman. Clearly I'm not a woman. Being called one is just strange, but I respect and admire women. So I don't see how it's a put down. As if being a woman is something to be ashamed of.

Why any woman would be a Republican is beyond me. It makes less sense than a black or gay Republican.

At least Republicans aren't trying to legislate black people's bodies. Republicans just want to shoot them.

I am a woman and truth is Democrats went after me first and then again because a few Republicans stood up and investigated extreme sexual harassment against myself and several other who were among the first women contractors back when affirmative action was just being conceived.

You talk out your ass a whole lot. When you've been there perhaps someone may take you serious.

Affirmative action at this point is a disgrace as it is used to abuse and line the pockets of the unethical peeps out there who willingly lie, cheat and connive to get an advantage. At this point many using these programs are just like those who hire illegals to save a few bucks regardless of the overall damage it does to our society on a whole.

I am a woman and truth is Democrats went after me first and then again because a few Republicans stood up and investigated extreme sexual harassment against myself and several other who were among the first women contractors back when affirmative action was just being conceived.

You talk out your ass a whole lot. When you've been there perhaps someone may take you serious.

Affirmative action at this point is a disgrace as it is used to abuse and line the pockets of the unethical peeps out there who willingly lie, cheat and connive to get an advantage. At this point many using these programs are just like those who hire illegals to save a few bucks regardless of the overall damage it does to our society on a whole.

I'm calling BS here.

Yet another affirmative action fail. These brainless bimbos couldn't design a hockey puck but they got a "minority" contract even though they're not even a minority!!

Diversity Fail? All-Women Engineering Team Blamed for Collapse of Miami Pedestrian Bridge

march 18 2018 The all-women engineering team that designed the ill-fated pedestrian foot bridge at Miami’s Florida International University were highly touted for their advances in a field that is typically dominated by men.

But critics are pointing the finger of blame at the female engineers for design flaws that may have brought the bridge down.

Munilla Construction Management (MCM), the South Miami-based firm that designed the FIU foot bridge, has been sued multiple times for unsafe practices in the past.

MCM was awarded the $14.2 million minority contract to design and build the cable-stayed bridge. The company is well-connected in Miami politics and it promotes inclusion and diversity in the workforce.

The lead engineer on the foot bridge project is a female, Leonor Flores, who is a graduate of FIU. Flores led a team of all-women engineers and designers who oversaw the crews that built the prefabricated “instant bridge” by the side of the road using FIU’s own accelerated construction techniques.

Studies all over the world have shown that boys and men are twice as good at math as girls and women. The gender disparity in mathematics scores explains why there are far fewer women engineers than men in the world.

Ah, as long as it's not white men's fault, you don't care.

It sounds like it wasn't a design problem though.

With the support cables it was most likely a solid design. The question is, why were they not installed before traffic was allowed to move under it? That sounds like a construction project manager issue.

The article stated the cables weren't due to be installed until 2019.
It also stated that another smaller footbridge they had designed in an airport collapsed.

But ... I don't know how accurate the article is ... Take it or leave it ... :dunno:

Yet another affirmative action fail. These brainless bimbos couldn't design a hockey puck but they got a "minority" contract even though they're not even a minority!!

Diversity Fail? All-Women Engineering Team Blamed for Collapse of Miami Pedestrian Bridge

march 18 2018 The all-women engineering team that designed the ill-fated pedestrian foot bridge at Miami’s Florida International University were highly touted for their advances in a field that is typically dominated by men.

But critics are pointing the finger of blame at the female engineers for design flaws that may have brought the bridge down.

Munilla Construction Management (MCM), the South Miami-based firm that designed the FIU foot bridge, has been sued multiple times for unsafe practices in the past.

MCM was awarded the $14.2 million minority contract to design and build the cable-stayed bridge. The company is well-connected in Miami politics and it promotes inclusion and diversity in the workforce.

The lead engineer on the foot bridge project is a female, Leonor Flores, who is a graduate of FIU. Flores led a team of all-women engineers and designers who oversaw the crews that built the prefabricated “instant bridge” by the side of the road using FIU’s own accelerated construction techniques.

Studies all over the world have shown that boys and men are twice as good at math as girls and women. The gender disparity in mathematics scores explains why there are far fewer women engineers than men in the world.
gender coincidence or gender conspiracy? it isn't like guys have never had Any accidents.

I'm calling BS here.
Really. Rdean is a male with a predisposition he says for females and myself a great grandmother who contracted for both state and federal agencies and you are clueless.

Just curious. Did they use a computer program for the engineering project?
No, just women I think...according to my information...obtained from this thread.

We have a lot of bridges to replace in this country, if this can be a fast, inexpensive and reliable method we need to refine it quickly.

Yeah...let's build a whole lot of THOSE bridges, SaveLiberty! I want to drive under some of those on my way to work every day! (eye roll)

This bridge was built the Obama preferred method...he pushed for rapid off site low impact bridge installation even though hundreds of engineers argued against it...just another fuck up by your favorite Obama administration...dudes gonna run out of hands for all the blood...
I'm sure Trump could build a bridge for $250.

Just curious. Did they use a computer program for the engineering project?
No, just women I think...according to my information...obtained from this thread.
I think it would be worth looking into as a lot of firms are using computer programs to find the cheapest possible way to build almost all structures now and they are pushing the limits. A firm that I know of cost at least five other companies millions I know about and a death of one man under a project that they depended on the computer program to do their engineering. They had young inexperienced engineers that couldn't add two and two much less design a complicated self supporting structure. One young engineer told me but the computer can't be wrong after a piece of steel weighing hundreds of pound came off that just missed me by inches and drove itself into the ground at least twelve inches. I felt the air that piece of steel moved and heard it whiz by my ear so I was a bit miffed about it. As things progressed with that company we learned about all the other mishaps they had using their super duper computer programming.

gender coincidence or gender conspiracy? it isn't like guys have never had Any accidents.
I'm sure men have designed faulty bridges also. But they were hired on merit not because they were men.
You haven't proven that the bridge was designed by women. It's obviously not an all-female firm. What hard evidence is there for your charges? Sketchy accusations don't amount to proof.

UPDATE, March 16, 2018, 11 a.m.: To clarify, Leonor Flores did not work on the FIU-Sweetwater UniversityCity Bridge project in any capacity.

Community gathers to watch 950-ton bridge move across Southwest 8th Street

Is there anything women excel at?

Are you really so ignorant that you don't know? Pregnancy, mothering, care-giving, and maybe some verbal-oriented occupations. Let's end government-coerced sexual preferences for women and see where the chips fall.

I'm sure men have designed faulty bridges also. But they were hired on merit not because they were men.
Then there's the fact that the whole "ALL-FEMALE engineer team" thing is nothing more than fake news. Wake up and smell the covfefe.

How many structures have collapsed that were build by all male engineering crews?

You haven't proven that the bridge was designed by women. It's obviously not an all-female firm. What hard evidence is there for your charges? Sketchy accusations don't amount to proof.

UPDATE, March 16, 2018, 11 a.m.: To clarify, Leonor Flores did not work on the FIU-Sweetwater UniversityCity Bridge project in any capacity.

Community gathers to watch 950-ton bridge move across Southwest 8th Street
He doesn't do "proof." He is a seagull poster: shows up, makes lots of noise, shits everywhere, and leaves.

Forum List

Back