ALL-FEMALE engineer team designed the Miami bridge that collapsed last week

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Yet another affirmative action fail. These brainless bimbos couldn't design a hockey puck but they got a "minority" contract even though they're not even a minority!!

Diversity Fail? All-Women Engineering Team Blamed for Collapse of Miami Pedestrian Bridge

march 18 2018 The all-women engineering team that designed the ill-fated pedestrian foot bridge at Miami’s Florida International University were highly touted for their advances in a field that is typically dominated by men.

But critics are pointing the finger of blame at the female engineers for design flaws that may have brought the bridge down.

Munilla Construction Management (MCM), the South Miami-based firm that designed the FIU foot bridge, has been sued multiple times for unsafe practices in the past.

MCM was awarded the $14.2 million minority contract to design and build the cable-stayed bridge. The company is well-connected in Miami politics and it promotes inclusion and diversity in the workforce.

The lead engineer on the foot bridge project is a female, Leonor Flores, who is a graduate of FIU. Flores led a team of all-women engineers and designers who oversaw the crews that built the prefabricated “instant bridge” by the side of the road using FIU’s own accelerated construction techniques.

Studies all over the world have shown that boys and men are twice as good at math as girls and women. The gender disparity in mathematics scores explains why there are far fewer women engineers than men in the world.

• Banned
AA is always wrong even when used to give incompetent people silly post office jobs or social worker jobs. But important jobs should be merit only. Unfortunately liberals insist that engineering jobs and judgeships and military positions be handed our by race and sex.

With the support cables it was most likely a solid design. The question is, why were they not installed before traffic was allowed to move under it? That sounds like a construction project manager issue.

We have a lot of bridges to replace in this country, if this can be a fast, inexpensive and reliable method we need to refine it quickly.

All jobs should be merit, not just important jobs. But, that means no women engineers or bosses, and no blacks with jobs that use a chair.

With the support cables it was most likely a solid design. The question is, why were they not installed before traffic was allowed to move under it? That sounds like a construction project manager issue.
From what I've read, everything including the support cables were installed. They were stress testing and then "tightening" the support cables when it collapsed. That is why it is unconscionable to me that traffic was not blocked during the testing and adjustment process.

Were you not paying attention. The engineers thought they were acting safely by keeping people OFF the bridge. Because you know, failed bridges fall UP.

From what I've read, everything including the support cables were installed. They were stress testing and then "tightening" the support cables when it collapsed. That is why it is unconscionable to me that traffic was not blocked during the testing and adjustment process.

I heard the intended center support tower was not even built yet. No sign of it on the TV footage. I'm sure we will get a more complete and definitive explanation of what happened in time.

I'm in the concrete construction business and my first instinct is that politicians didn't want the road closed. They never do.

Perhaps the engineers were not aggressive enough to get the road closed.

I heard the intended center support tower was not even built yet. No sign of it on the TV footage. I'm sure we will get a more complete and definitive explanation of what happened in time.

You're being ironic, aren't you?? Since this was designed by women, there will be no investigation to speak of and we'll be told it was an act of god.

You're being ironic, aren't you?? Since this was designed by women, there will be no investigation to speak of and we'll be told it was an act of god.

What ever you say Boo Boo. Nice tinfoil hat you got there.

This bridge was built the Obama preferred method...he pushed for rapid off site low impact bridge installation even though hundreds of engineers argued against it...just another fuck up by your favorite Obama administration...dudes gonna run out of hands for all the blood...

Yet another affirmative action fail. These brainless bimbos couldn't design a hockey puck but they got a "minority" contract even though they're not even a minority!!

Diversity Fail? All-Women Engineering Team Blamed for Collapse of Miami Pedestrian Bridge

march 18 2018 The all-women engineering team that designed the ill-fated pedestrian foot bridge at Miami’s Florida International University were highly touted for their advances in a field that is typically dominated by men.

But critics are pointing the finger of blame at the female engineers for design flaws that may have brought the bridge down.

Munilla Construction Management (MCM), the South Miami-based firm that designed the FIU foot bridge, has been sued multiple times for unsafe practices in the past.

MCM was awarded the $14.2 million minority contract to design and build the cable-stayed bridge. The company is well-connected in Miami politics and it promotes inclusion and diversity in the workforce.

The lead engineer on the foot bridge project is a female, Leonor Flores, who is a graduate of FIU. Flores led a team of all-women engineers and designers who oversaw the crews that built the prefabricated “instant bridge” by the side of the road using FIU’s own accelerated construction techniques.

Studies all over the world have shown that boys and men are twice as good at math as girls and women. The gender disparity in mathematics scores explains why there are far fewer women engineers than men in the world.
Here's hoping they were also black immigrant Muslims eh?
Black immigrant Muslim women...you wouldn't be able to function for weeks from the sheer uncontrollable ecstasy.

Key word “Testing”!

Forum List

Back