Alan Simpson Slams Fellow Republicans For Unwillingness To Compromise

I am so glad Obama does not get it.

The second he slams Bowles Simpson plan onto the table and orders the GOP to vote for or against is the moment the election contest is over. If they vote for it, he wins. If they vote against or refuse to vote, he wins.

Sooner or later, I am afraid, this is exactly what Obama is going to do.

I think Republicans should strive to show the same level of cooperation, compromise, and willingness to reach across the aisle that the President and his fellow Democrats do.

They're currently not allowed to.

Although, it has to be said that when Obama and Democrats had control, they weren't perfect, either. The general vibe in 2008 was "we won, you lost, tough shit." I remember the time Obama said something like "the Republicans need to stop talking."

Neither party has much to be proud of. A little too much ego on both ends.

Exactly. The Republicans are taking Democrats lead in terms of level of cooperation. Just an analysis, not a plug. Consider how Republicans pushed through Obama-nominated Justices vs. how Democrats received Bush's appointees?

A politician from either party touting their ability to unite or bring civility will be met with scoff and ridicule.

Allan Simpson has lately been whoring himself for the New Start Treaty that most conservatgive defense types think is not merited by Russias late belligerence and Putins establishment of life time Presidential status.

Senate should support New START treaty

Maybe that is why he is going to war against his old conservative friends.

You all can obsess over Grover all you want, IT's the Amercian people telling this Goverment, No damn new taxes until you show us some REAL Government cuts...and not just from our Military as the Progressives love to hit FIRST.

romney.jpg

"You can’t cut spending your way out of this hole…"

True.

Oh what bullshit.

If you have maxed out your credit cards and find yourself in deep almost unmanagable debt, the FIRST thing you do is STOP SPENDING MORE MONEY.

God knows you libtards are stupid as cold dog shit.

Yes. And the SECOND thing I do is get a second job to pay down the debt.

What do you do; file bankruptcy?

Again......a nutter who equates running a country with running a family budget wishes to be taken seriously.

Asswipe, like ANY analogy, there are things that are corresponding and things that dont.

But where you FAIL once again is in explaining why the analogy does not apply.

Not surprising given your trolling record.

A politician from either party touting their ability to unite or bring civility will be met with scoff and ridicule.

Yikes. How true. And while the decay continues.

Coincidence? Nope.

And it will contineu until the left remembers that personal freedom is not always abetted by handing more power, resources and authority to the government to intefere in our daily lives.

When the libs can remember what THEY USED TO STAND FOR, maybe some of this polarization can recede.

But I would rather we fight it out via vote or volley than have the Constitution continue to be shredded and our freedoms sacrificed for one 'crisis' after another.

If you have maxed out your credit cards and find yourself in deep almost unmanagable debt, the FIRST thing you do is STOP SPENDING MORE MONEY.

I work more too, dear.

But the national debt of this country goes far beyond a little extra work at the 7-11, and NOTHING will work if we dont cut spending.

I work more too, dear.

But the national debt of this country goes far beyond a little extra work at the 7-11, and NOTHING will work if we dont cut spending.

Aww! Thank you! I never thought anybody on that side of the aisle would own that it takes increased revenue to get a handle on things.

Bless you. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back