Alan Simpson Slams Fellow Republicans For Unwillingness To Compromise

That didn't do it, fool. Try again.

Say OUCH.

:lol::lol:

See.. their is 'fair share' taxation to run the gubmint - which we used to do in the good ol' days, and then there is confiscatory taxation for wealth redistribution - which is today's Lefty goal.

And more and more taxpayers are saying go F yourself.

Much of the GOP is now absolutely paralyzed by absolutism, and any Republican who dares expose that fact is labeled a RINO, persona non grata.

Radicalization it has taken place in both parties.

When you have Alan Simpson labeled a RINO, you know you're deep in the soup.

Alan Simpson has wondered way off the reservation since his retirment. Makes me wonder if he ever was conservative or just playing for election purposes.

As the dittoheads continue to reject and marginalize anyone who dares to disagree with them, the core of the party will continue to shrink. Then, as a result, they themselves will be marginalized and the adults can return to re-take the party.

There just aren't enough committed dittoheads to continue this for long.

This isnt about dittoheads. I for example am not a dittohead, but I amn sick to death of uncontroled federal spending and the solution is to raise my fucking taxes. Bullshit, no mas.

45% of the electorate are self-described conservatives, so they only need about a third of the moderate vote to win every time.

I am so glad Obama does not get it.

The second he slams Bowles Simpson plan onto the table and orders the GOP to vote for or against is the moment the election contest is over. If they vote for it, he wins. If they vote against or refuse to vote, he wins.

Sooner or later, I am afraid, this is exactly what Obama is going to do.

I think Republicans should strive to show the same level of cooperation, compromise, and willingness to reach across the aisle that the President and his fellow Democrats do.

They're currently not allowed to.

Although, it has to be said that when Obama and Democrats had control, they weren't perfect, either. The general vibe in 2008 was "we won, you lost, tough shit." I remember the time Obama said something like "the Republicans need to stop talking."

Neither party has much to be proud of. A little too much ego on both ends.

More on average incomes, deductions and tax rates.

tax rates back to 1913
The Tax Foundation - U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1913-2011 (Nominal and Inflation-Adjusted Brackets)

history of personal deductions
http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/feddividendtreatment-20061212.pdf

average incomes and expendses 1950
1950s history including Popular Culture, Prices, Events, Technology and Inventions

OK, in 1950 average income was $3,200 annually.

Of that $3000 was deducted for a family of four.

Since the income threshold for being taxed was $2000, the average family paid $0 in taxes to the federal government. In fact you would have to make $5000 to be obligated to pay any taxes for a family of four.

I am so glad Obama does not get it.

The second he slams Bowles Simpson plan onto the table and orders the GOP to vote for or against is the moment the election contest is over. If they vote for it, he wins. If they vote against or refuse to vote, he wins.

Sooner or later, I am afraid, this is exactly what Obama is going to do.

I think Republicans should strive to show the same level of cooperation, compromise, and willingness to reach across the aisle that the President and his fellow Democrats do.

Not when the majority of this nation wants to change the way Washington D.C. does their business.
I think you Dem's should start electing Representatives who what to change the way business is run in congress. Where they represent the people (like they are suppose to) and not companies,wall st. and lobbyists.

Yeah, Simpson is one of those Olympia Snow, Dick Lugar, Lindsey Graham, Arlen Specter kinda "players" who believe in their relevance and their self importance and "ruling like a Senator" rather than responding to their constituents wishes.

aka RINO.

I listened to the Fareed Zakeria show (it's the bomb) and I was very impressed by Alan Simpson. This country needs more politicians like him. What we don't need is a bunch of politicians groveling before Grover Norquist.

Exactly! Who is Norquist? When was he elected to anything? Yet, the GOP feels obligated to worship his every word. If they continue down that path, they will lead themselves and this country down the trail to doom. The GOP is becoming more and more exteme as the country moves more and more to the middle. Their insignificance is not far off.

Yeah, Simpson is one of those Olympia Snow, Dick Lugar, Lindsey Graham, Arlen Specter kinda "players" who believe in their relevance and their self importance and "ruling like a Senator" rather than responding to their constituents wishes.

aka RINO.

I listened to the Fareed Zakeria show (it's the bomb) and I was very impressed by Alan Simpson. This country needs more politicians like him. What we don't need is a bunch of politicians groveling before Grover Norquist.

Exactly! Who is Norquist? When was he elected to anything? Yet, the GOP feels obligated to worship his every word. If they continue down that path, they will lead themselves and this country down the trail to doom. The GOP is becoming more and more exteme as the country moves more and more to the middle. Their insignificance is not far off.

LOL, and who is Buffet and why does the progressives want to name a TAX after him? who elected him to to anything? and you on the left Champion and worship the dude..
and the rest of your post and the dramatics had a nice touch..:eusa_shifty:

aka RINO.

Exactly! Who is Norquist? When was he elected to anything? Yet, the GOP feels obligated to worship his every word. If they continue down that path, they will lead themselves and this country down the trail to doom. The GOP is becoming more and more extreme as the country moves more and more to the middle. Their insignificance is not far off.

That's the RINO"S,if you notice they are getting voted out.
Wanting our Government to live under our Constitutionn is not being extreme.
It's the far left of the Dem's party who are extreme and have taken over their party.

aka RINO.

Who is leaving their party?
Dem's 800,000
Repubs 350,000

A Republican is a champion to the left as long as they are putting down their own party..

other than that they claim they are all, EVIL..

Simpson is a FORMER for a reason, the people didn't want him anymore, so now we don't care to hear his sour grapes either.

Exactly! Who is Norquist? When was he elected to anything? Yet, the GOP feels obligated to worship his every word. If they continue down that path, they will lead themselves and this country down the trail to doom. The GOP is becoming more and more extreme as the country moves more and more to the middle. Their insignificance is not far off.

It's the far left of the Dem's party who are extreme and have taken over their party.

I will say it one more time slowly for the reading impaired. The GOP is intent on moving to the right. It will be their downfall. The population of the country is not becoming more white and rich and conservative. The population is becoming one more of color and one of moderation. They may win some short term battles, but long term they are screwed.

I will say it one more time slowly for the reading impaired. The GOP is intent on moving to the right. It will be their downfall. The population of the country is not becoming more white and rich and conservative. The population is becoming one more of color and one of moderation. They may win some short term battles, but long term they are screwed.

you can say till you're blue in the face moving to the right will be the Gops downfall..If Progressives was so popular than the 2010 ass kicking of the Obama and his fellow commies wouldn't have happened..
but hey, I'd want to FORGET that happened too.:eusa_shhh:

aka RINO.

Exactly! Who is Norquist? When was he elected to anything? Yet, the GOP feels obligated to worship his every word.

It is the old 'he has their nads in a vise grip' factor.

If the GOP pisses Norquist off as they repeatedly have the social conservatives, guess what?

The GOP is replaced within 4 years.

Wanting our Government to live under our Constitution is not being extreme.

Republicans are changing their party.
I don't see Dem's doing anything but protesting and destroying public property and slowing down business's.
More than twice the amount have left the democratic party.

Based on demographics you are correct, sort of. Whites will remain the largest demographic for some time though. This does assume that everyone votes en masse based on skin color and/or skin color. Either way, what is correct is that regardless of color, the primary trend is to vote to raid the treasury for self benefit.

Based on demographics you are correct, sort of. Whites will remain the largest demographic for some time though. This does assume that everyone votes en masse based on skin color and/or skin color. Either way, what is correct is that regardless of color, the primary trend is to vote to raid the treasury for self benefit.

Mr Booth, whites are not going to be a minority for the forseeable future as long as you count ALL whites. Hispanics are mostly self-identified as white and the rest were categorized as caucasian untill the 1960s when the census started recording hispanics as though they were a seperate race from whites.

Something that no one has ever explained to me is what is it about speaking Spanish that makes one not white?

All that aside, race is not what made this country great. A people who love freedom and liberty is the breed of mankind that has always been the strength of this nation. Many of the descendants of those that established this country are now of firm intent to destroy our liberty and freedom.

I would rather have a nation of freedom loving blacks/ asians/ mestizzos/ austroloid/ whatever than a pure blood Anglo-American neoMarxist holding tenure at Harvard.

Last edited:
Did Simpson lose his job to a republican who was elected because he wouldn't compromise? It sounds like that.

The republicans who are refusing to compromise were sent to Congress because they wouldn't compromise.

Did Simpson lose his job to a republican who was elected because he wouldn't compromise? It sounds like that.

The republicans who are refusing to compromise were sent to Congress because they wouldn't compromise.

There is no more room to compromise on taxes, on what is left of ourpersonal liberties, on our economy and our commitment to defending liberty.

But to a career politician, compromise and cutting deals is their bread and butter, literally.

Forum List

Back