alan grayson threatens lawsuit on citizenship grounds if ted cruz is the gop nominee

Hmm... well, ok. We can agree to disagree on that and what all that means.

But just as an FYI, prior to becoming the US Senator for the State of Texas, Cruz worked for the State of Texas. To the best of my knowledge, he's never worked for the US Federal Government.

I could be wrong, but that's my understanding.

Let me know what ya have that is different from that, will ya?

Not being a Leftist, I'm a lot more concerned with what Cruz's actions were in working with whatever level of government, rather than simply a kneejerk rejection of anyone with any experience with government.

It's like the real world requires thought and maturity and discernment, or something.

I couldn't agree more.

Cruz is about as far out of the bureaucracy as it gets, and still have experience in government. His work as Texas Solicitor General in taking on the United States and winning, says a lot about what and who Cruz is.

The chronic Leftist pant wetting over Cruz is all anyone of reason needs to know, to know who they're most worried about.

The coolest part is that they have no one to run against Cruz or anyone else... Doc Carson is a political neophyte, and they can't even face him. And why is that?

It's because of the same reasons that the can't compete with Cruz... He's a highly principled man, who is well versed in American Principle, knows exactly who he is, where he's going and doesn't give a single dam' about the Left, is vehemently offended by Political Correctness and loathes the media, what it is and what it represents.

Trump... LOL... Wild Card of Wild Cards.

Personally... I think Trump has a gift for defending Trumps own interests. At the moment his interests rests in getting the highest ratings, and setting the press on it's ass. And he's doing that by playing on the visceral hatred of the Ideological Left by each and every American, and their deep seated hope that he will bring to the Left some deep seated pain; reversal of o-cult-care... reversal of the Federal Licensing of Degeneracy... total annihilation of the Islamic pests and the shutting down of every facet of Left-think set into public policy over the last 70 years.

It's a dream that will never materialize, but its a wonderful dream nonetheless. Trumps in for Trump. Now and forever. And his Ego makes that of the Brown Clown something closer to Gandhi.
I think Cruz is playing the right for fools......like I said above he has the classic positioning of a shill,rhetoric of an outsider, resume of an insider.

I think if God Almighty came down and endorsed Cruz on national television, you would still be shrieking about him, because you're incapable of ever believing anything except leftist talking points.
Wrong, as a leftist I should be secretly rooting for the shill, since as a shill he would disrupt the right, "confound their politics", as they sing in Cruzs true Canadian birthplace. But I am one who believes more honesty in politics is needed.

Amazingly delusional, even for you.

THAT'S A BULLSHIT ARGUMENT.

GEORGE WASHINGTON WAS BORN IN VIRGINIA ON FEBRUARY 22nd, 1732.AT THAT TIME VIRGINIA WAS NOT PART OF THE US.
Wow, no one was qualified to be president at that time. Brilliant.

7 out of 8 of our first Presidents were not born in the United States since it was not the United States when they were born.
That's true. They were naturalized citizens of the U.S. when they became president; for which, the Constitution made provisions. There are, only two classifications of U.S. citizens, natural or naturalized.

Yes, and the law covers this situation, as well, by stating that the children of US citizens are US citizens, regardless of whether their moms drop them here or elsewhere.
Unless you're Barack Obama.

Yes, or anyone else whose mother hated the US and spent as little of her adult life here as she could.

Yes, and the law covers this situation, as well, by stating that the children of US citizens are US citizens, regardless of whether their moms drop them here or elsewhere.
While I agree with you, many on the right do not and will not vote for Cruz should he be the GOP nominee.

I disagree. I can see the mushy center staying home and allowing Clinton or Sanders to walk away with the Presidency by default, but I do not see people on the right doing so. Not with Cruz as the candidate. I could maybe see it if Trump gets the nomination.

Whatever objectionable qualities Cruz has aren't really things that are objectionable to conservatives.
Sounds like you think Conservatives and Republicans would vote for someone they believe is not Constitutionally eligible. While most would, many will put ethics above politics and not vote for him.

Sounds like you think conservatives and Republicans think Cruz is ineligible, at which point, you might want to investigate the difference between "ethics" and "what Faun wants to believe".

Cruz is fully eligible under our laws to be President. You will not escape him that way, nor will anyone with a teaspoonful of brains fall for your "revenge for Obama" childhood drama. Suck it up and deal.
Of course I believe many Conservatives think he's ineligible; because many do. I've even seen some Conservatives here express that sentiment. And that's a reality, not just something that Faun wants to believe.

And like it or not, many of those Conservatives will not vote for Cruz because they believe he's ineligible.
thumbsup.gif

If you're judging "many conservatives" by the selection you see on this board, you're even dumber than I previously thought.

I disagree. I can see the mushy center staying home and allowing Clinton or Sanders to walk away with the Presidency by default, but I do not see people on the right doing so. Not with Cruz as the candidate. I could maybe see it if Trump gets the nomination.

Whatever objectionable qualities Cruz has aren't really things that are objectionable to conservatives.
Sounds like you think Conservatives and Republicans would vote for someone they believe is not Constitutionally eligible. While most would, many will put ethics above politics and not vote for him.

Sounds like you think conservatives and Republicans think Cruz is ineligible, at which point, you might want to investigate the difference between "ethics" and "what Faun wants to believe".

Cruz is fully eligible under our laws to be President. You will not escape him that way, nor will anyone with a teaspoonful of brains fall for your "revenge for Obama" childhood drama. Suck it up and deal.
Of course I believe many Conservatives think he's ineligible; because many do. I've even seen some Conservatives here express that sentiment. And that's a reality, not just something that Faun wants to believe.

And like it or not, many of those Conservatives will not vote for Cruz because they believe he's ineligible.
thumbsup.gif
Well then they are corrupt then, and they deserve nothing themselves... They are in the tank for corporations and their lobbyist, so if they succeed then the people will lose.
Who's corrupt? Republicans and Conservatives who believe Cruz is ineligible?

No, they're just idiots who are having the issue explained to them with lots of pictures and diagrams. I realize how much you cherish your daydream of smearing Cruz effectively, but that's all it is: a daydream.

Sounds like you think conservatives and Republicans think Cruz is ineligible
If it turns out he is ineligible what will be more important to conservatives: what they think, or what the law has been adjudicated to be?

Given obama's two elections, having the same birth circumstances as Cruz... Cruz is eligible.

The difference being that there are witnesses to Cruz birth origins and no one of a serious nature even remotely curious as to the authenticity of such.

Personally... I'd prefer that the purpose of the Natural Born Citizen Standard be formally recognized, the failure of the nation to respect that standard noted and as a consequence, the obama terms ERASED... with each and every point of policy set during the 8 years of obama, reversed, all monies spent on such policies charged to those individuals responsible, from those who 'vetted' him, through the DNC in its entirety, from each and every local office to the heads of that cult, all contributors... to each individual that can be shown to have voted for him... where their individual holdings are sold and set directly against the debt he created, rendering them each destitute.

And a public law established that anyone who so much speaks to any one of them to be stripped of their property... .

News crews would be tasked to follow them, as they slowly starve to death, walking through the culture like ghosts as everywhere they go, people turn their backs to them... until only a month or so down the road, the very last of them is seen falling to the ground, a hollow shell of skin and bones.

That would of course mean that Senator Cruz is not eligible for office... but the nation would be returned to viability and well on it's way to a sound economy, due to the nation being comprised of a healthy citizenry.

[Q

Stop lying, rightie...

The story appeared on a rightwing blog on March 5th, 2008...

RUTHLESS ROUNDUP: FREEDOMS ENEMIES - THE OBAMA STORY

It must really suck for you to be an uneducated low information Libtard.

The Clinton shitheads tried to spin their way out of the fact that they are the ones to start the Obama Birther movement but they were exposed.

Clinton is bad about lying, isn't she?

Bombshell: 'Washington Post' Confirms Hillary Clinton Started the Birther Movement - Breitbart

‘Washington Post’ Confirms Hillary Clinton Started the Birther Movement

26 Sep 2015

New analysis from the Washington Post removes any doubt that the anti-Obama Birther movement was started in 2007 and 2008 by Hillary Clinton, her campaign, and her Democrat supporters.

As Breitbart News reported earlier this month, other left-wing media outlets, like Politico and the Guardian, had already traced the Birther movement back to Democrats and Ms. Clinton. Using his wayback machine on Wednesday, the Post‘s David Weigel took an in-depth look at the origins of the false rumors that President Obama is a practicing Muslim who was not born in a America. Weigel’s reporting contains the final pieces of a very disturbing puzzle.

What Weigel found and re-reported was astounding, details many of us had forgotten or never heard of, including a 2007 bombshell memo from the Clinton campaign’s chief strategist.

What the left-wing Weigel left out of his reporting was even more astounding, including a documented confrontation between Clinton and Obama over the Birther issue, and video of Hillary herself stoking doubt about Obama’s Christian faith.
Your conservative mental retardation is noted but that link doesn't help you.

Nothing Mark Penn told Hillary in 2007 had anything to do with Obama being born in Kenya. In the link you gave, it even says, Mark Penn was not a birther.

So now you're reduced to whining that anonymous supporters of Hillary sent out birther emails in April, 2008.

Which is where your delusions meet reality since a month before that, the story had already appeared in a rightwing forum; then echoed again days later in on March 5th, 2008, on a rightwing blog...

I know you're completely batshit insane Flush, so ask your asylum attendant which came first... March, 2008; or April, 2008.

LOL! It's not even a debatable point, asshat.

Bill Clinton's wife is the original "BIRTHER".

i know, the birther thing again, doesn't seem to want to go away.

anyway republicans want sick people to die quickly. grayson is back. he is the dizzying hugo chavez of our American congress.

Alan Grayson Threatens Lawsuit on Citizenship Grounds if Ted Cruz Is the GOP Nominee - Breitbart

if you google die quickly, you get this:

COLMES: Well, his mother was born here, so I guess like Obama, though it’s interesting to me the people who had a problem with Obama, though it’s interesting to me that the people who had a problem with Obama’s birth certificate don’t have a problem with Ted Cruz who literally was born in another country and renounced his Canadian citizenry.

GRAYSON: I don’t know … the Constitution says natural-born Americans, so now we’re counting Canadians as natural born Americans? How does that work? I’m waiting for the moment that he gets the nomination and then I will file that beautiful lawsuit saying that he’s unqualified for the job because he’s ineligible.

COLMES: So you’re saying should he get the nomination, Alan Grayson will file a lawsuit against his candidacy.

GRAYSON: Absolutely! Call me crazy but I think the president of America should be an American.

COLMES: Now I wonder, does he qualify because of having an American mother can considered an American citizen and in fact he renounced his Canadian citizenship to be an American citizen, but you’re talking about American birth, but I believe if that’s one of you parents —

GRAYSON: Look, even the anchor babies are actually born here. He doesn’t even meet that qualification.

COLMES: Right. And although I don’t like the term anchor babies, it’s been embraced by people like Donald Trump and Ted Cruz — not Ted Cruz — Marco Rubio who may in fact be one, as I understand.

GRAYSON: Oh, it’s shocking. In Cruz’s case, it is obvious what happened. The Canadians got pissed off at us for acid rain, so they gave us Ted Cruz.

grayson is not considered to be one of the high intellectuals of the DC congress...
alan colmes is just plain creepy.

Who is Alan Grayson and why should anyone care what he does?

Sounds like you think conservatives and Republicans think Cruz is ineligible
If it turns out he is ineligible what will be more important to conservatives: what they think, or what the law has been adjudicated to be?

Given obama's two elections, having the same birth circumstances as Cruz... Cruz is eligible.

Well Cruz is eligible- but of course there are not the same 'birth circumstances'- Cruz was born in Canada, and Obama was born in Hawaii.

Now maybe you believe Canada is part of the United States, but it isn't- and maybe you think Hawaii is not part of the United States- but it is.

Both are eligible- Obama because he was born in the United States- Cruz because he was born a U.S. citizen because his mother presumably was a U.S. citizen when he was born.

[Q

Stop lying, rightie...

The Clinton shitheads tried to spin their way out of the fact that they are the ones to start the Obama Birther movement but they were exposed.

Bombshell: 'Washington Post' Confirms Hillary Clinton Started the Birther Movement - Breitbart

26 Sep 2015

New analysis from the Washington Post removes any doubt that the anti-Obama Birther movement was started in 2007 and 2008 by Hillary Clinton, her campaign, and her Democrat supporters.

As Breitbart News reported earlier this month, other left-wing media outlets, like Politico and the Guardian, had already traced the Birther movement back to Democrats and Ms. Clinton. Using his wayback machine on Wednesday, the Post‘s David Weigel took an in-depth look at the origins of the false rumors that President Obama is a practicing Muslim who was not born in a America. Weigel’s reporting contains the final pieces of a very disturbing puzzle.

What Weigel found and re-reported was astounding, details many of us had forgotten or never heard of, including a 2007 bombshell memo from the Clinton campaign’s chief strategist.

What the left-wing Weigel left out of his reporting was even more astounding, including a documented confrontation between Clinton and Obama over the Birther issue, and video of Hillary herself stoking doubt about Obama’s Christian faith.

Nothing Mark Penn told Hillary in 2007 had anything to do with Obama being born in Kenya. In the link you gave, it even says, Mark Penn was not a birther.

So now you're reduced to whining that anonymous supporters of Hillary sent out birther emails in April, 2008.

Which is where your delusions meet reality since a month before that, the story had already appeared in a rightwing forum; then echoed again days later in on March 5th, 2008, on a rightwing blog...

I know you're completely batshit insane Flush, so ask your asylum attendant which came first... March, 2008; or April, 2008.

LOL! It's not even a debatable point, asshat.

Bill Clinton's wife is the original "BIRTHER".

If you ignore the facts.

Though I am amused by the concept- since virtually all Birthers today are right wing nuts- and the idea that they are just doing Hilary's bidding is very amusing.

And a snipette from the HARVARD LAW REVIEW, NO LESS!

There are plenty of serious issues to debate in the upcoming presidential election cycle. The less time spent dealing with specious objections to candidate eligibility, the better. Fortunately, the Constitution is refreshingly clear on these eligibility issues. To serve, an individual must be at least thirty-five years old and a “natural born Citizen.” Thirty-four and a half is not enough and, for better or worse, a naturalized citizen cannot serve. But as Congress has recognized since the Founding, a person born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent is generally a U.S. citizen from birth with no need for naturalization. And the phrase “natural born Citizen” in the Constitution encompasses all such citizens from birth. Thus, an individual born to a U.S. citizen parent — whether in California or Canada or the Canal Zone — is a U.S. citizen from birth and is fully eligible to serve as President if the people so choose.

On the Meaning of “Natural Born Citizen”

Close... Natural Born Citizen is one whose citizenship is a NATURAL consequence of their birth. That is ONLY the case where BOTH PARENTS are citizens in good standing.

As you pointed out, "But as Congress has recognized since the Founding, a person born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent is generally a U.S. citizen from birth with no need for naturalization."

A Natural Born Citizen is not reasonably subject to the review of congress or anyone else, because THE NATURE of citizenship itself... at a conceptual level... is that a child born to two citizens of the same nation, is a citizen of that nation.

And THAT is the standard set by the US Constitution... EXCLUSIVELY, SOLELY... for entrance into the office of the US Presidency.

And one need look NO FARTHER than the consequences of the obama 'administration' to see WHY!

Written well over two centuries ago... the Framers set that standard as the means to assure, TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE, that the President of the US would NOT BE OBAMA: Born to a Foreign National: HOSTILE TO AMERICAN PRINCIPLE; HOSTILE TO THE US CONSTITUTION; HOSTILE TO AMERICA.

It is a delicious irony that Ted Cruz, would follow obama, as the second Presidential Candidate to come along who was born to a Foreign National Father, who instilled in him, a thorough disdain for everything obama believes... and would make a brilliant President.

But... in terms of the US Constitution and the standard it set, Cruz does not meet qualification of that standard.

I am in the minority on this and am well aware of it... but that does not alter the irrepressible reasoning which requires that I am correct.

That said... while I will be voting for Ben Carson in the Primary, I would happily vote for Cruz in the election, as what's fair is fair... if the Left can break the rule and run a communist muslim to ruin the nation... I can break the rules to run a vehement anti-Communist to fix their fuck-up.

i know, the birther thing again, doesn't seem to want to go away.

anyway republicans want sick people to die quickly. grayson is back. he is the dizzying hugo chavez of our American congress.

Alan Grayson Threatens Lawsuit on Citizenship Grounds if Ted Cruz Is the GOP Nominee - Breitbart

if you google die quickly, you get this:

COLMES: Well, his mother was born here, so I guess like Obama, though it’s interesting to me the people who had a problem with Obama, though it’s interesting to me that the people who had a problem with Obama’s birth certificate don’t have a problem with Ted Cruz who literally was born in another country and renounced his Canadian citizenry.

GRAYSON: I don’t know … the Constitution says natural-born Americans, so now we’re counting Canadians as natural born Americans? How does that work? I’m waiting for the moment that he gets the nomination and then I will file that beautiful lawsuit saying that he’s unqualified for the job because he’s ineligible.

COLMES: So you’re saying should he get the nomination, Alan Grayson will file a lawsuit against his candidacy.

GRAYSON: Absolutely! Call me crazy but I think the president of America should be an American.

COLMES: Now I wonder, does he qualify because of having an American mother can considered an American citizen and in fact he renounced his Canadian citizenship to be an American citizen, but you’re talking about American birth, but I believe if that’s one of you parents —

GRAYSON: Look, even the anchor babies are actually born here. He doesn’t even meet that qualification.

COLMES: Right. And although I don’t like the term anchor babies, it’s been embraced by people like Donald Trump and Ted Cruz — not Ted Cruz — Marco Rubio who may in fact be one, as I understand.

GRAYSON: Oh, it’s shocking. In Cruz’s case, it is obvious what happened. The Canadians got pissed off at us for acid rain, so they gave us Ted Cruz.

grayson is not considered to be one of the high intellectuals of the DC congress...
alan colmes is just plain creepy.

Who is Alan Grayson and why should anyone care what he does?

Grayson's nuttier than a squirrel's turd.

oh so being a birther isn't such a big now eh? that was only for the skinny half black guy how everyone had a cow when wailing: HOW DARE anyone question anything about Obama

it figures doesn't it?

All Birthers are idiots.

You should know that by now Stephanie.

There are plenty of serious issues to debate in the upcoming presidential election cycle. The less time spent dealing with specious objections to candidate eligibility, the better. Fortunately, the Constitution is refreshingly clear on these eligibility issues. To serve, an individual must be at least thirty-five years old and a “natural born Citizen.” Thirty-four and a half is not enough and, for better or worse, a naturalized citizen cannot serve. But as Congress has recognized since the Founding, a person born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent is generally a U.S. citizen from birth with no need for naturalization. And the phrase “natural born Citizen” in the Constitution encompasses all such citizens from birth. Thus, an individual born to a U.S. citizen parent — whether in California or Canada or the Canal Zone — is a U.S. citizen from birth and is fully eligible to serve as President if the people so choose.

Close... Natural Born Citizen is one whose citizenship is a NATURAL consequence of their birth. That is ONLY the case where BOTH PARENTS are citizens in good standing..

Except of course- Birthers just made that crap up when Obama was running for office.

And you believe that crap because you have to believe that crap in order to pretend President Obama was not legally chosen by Americans to be President.

[QU

If you ignore the facts.

Though I am amused by the concept- since virtually all Birthers today are right wing nuts- and the idea that they are just doing Hilary's bidding is very amusing.

Your boy Grayson is the Birther of the Month with his shit about Cruz and he is an extreme far Left shithead. The original birther is the Bitch that you Libtard nitwits are going to vote for in 2016.

Interesting how the NeoCommies just ignore this, which seems to settle the argument....which they will continue anyway!

I don't know which 'neo-commies' you are speaking of- but Birthers have long argued that natural born citizen required not only birth in the United States and two citizen parents.

Those of us who have opposed Birthers have pointed out that either being born in the United States- or being born outside the United States with at least one citizen parent- result in a natural born citizen.

Because as the article you cite notes- anyone born a citizen- anyone who is a citizen without having to be naturalized later is a natural born citizen- so that would both President Obama and Senator Cruz.

[QU

If you ignore the facts.

Your boy Grayson is the Birther of the Month with his shit about Cruz and he is an extreme far Left shithead. The original birther is the Bitch that you Libtard nitwits are going to vote for in 2016.

LOL....I love how Conservatives now try to pretend that Birthers were just puppets of Hillary.

Though Donald does make a good puppet.

Close... Natural Born Citizen is one whose citizenship is a NATURAL consequence of their birth. That is ONLY the case where BOTH PARENTS are citizens in good standing..

Except of course- Birthers just made that crap up when Obama was running for office.

And you believe that crap because you have to believe that crap in order to pretend President Obama was not legally chosen by Americans to be President.

LOL!

Birthers made what up? Nature?

I believe it, because there is no logically valid alternative.

But hey... being among the Intellectually Less Fortunate, thus lacking the means to reason soundly... THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD HAVE KNOWN THAT!

[Q

Stop lying, rightie...

26 Sep 2015

Birthers aka Conservatives are never slaves to the facts when it comes to smearing Obama.

Meanwhile- of course Cruz is eligible.

It will be amusing watching which Birthers rush out to support Cruz and ignore their previous positions- and which Birthers are just as opposed to a Latino candidate as they were opposed to an African American candidate.

Forum List

Back