alan grayson threatens lawsuit on citizenship grounds if ted cruz is the gop nominee

[
One of the sub-sects of Birthers created a new claim that NBC required two citizen parents- something never required in our history- nor was it ever taught to us as children- just a false meme created to attack Barack Obama.

Reader, I encourage you to watch these two short videos.

Or a reader interested in the real story could instead read the Congressional Research Service report

New Congressional report on presidential eligibility

Or the debunking of your youtube(Youtube!) video's.
YouTube Video Proves Obama not natural born - Obama Conspiracy Theories

12122773_10208713045810397_4787637917146223719_n.jpg

[
One of the sub-sects of Birthers created a new claim that NBC required two citizen parents- something never required in our history- nor was it ever taught to us as children- just a false meme created to attack Barack Obama.

Or a reader interested in the real story could instead read the Congressional Research Service report

LOL!

The eternal Leftist appeals to misleading authority, popularity and ignorance.

I tell ya Reader, if the species were suddenly struck incapable of fallacious reasoning, the Ideological Left would cease to exist at that moment.

Btw unless he is the democrat nominee, or a nominee for a third party, he likely doesn't have any standing for the challenge.
I believe that's false. The POTUS makes decisions that affect all American citizens, therefore anyone can bring a suit.

What you believe does change reality
The reality is that I am correct.

You clearly haven't studied the topic of standing
Yet, you still cannot prove me wrong. Imagine that.

I don't need to. The precedent is there.

i know, the birther thing again, doesn't seem to want to go away.

anyway republicans want sick people to die quickly. grayson is back. he is the dizzying hugo chavez of our American congress.

Alan Grayson Threatens Lawsuit on Citizenship Grounds if Ted Cruz Is the GOP Nominee - Breitbart

if you google die quickly, you get this:

COLMES: Well, his mother was born here, so I guess like Obama, though it’s interesting to me the people who had a problem with Obama, though it’s interesting to me that the people who had a problem with Obama’s birth certificate don’t have a problem with Ted Cruz who literally was born in another country and renounced his Canadian citizenry.

GRAYSON: I don’t know … the Constitution says natural-born Americans, so now we’re counting Canadians as natural born Americans? How does that work? I’m waiting for the moment that he gets the nomination and then I will file that beautiful lawsuit saying that he’s unqualified for the job because he’s ineligible.

COLMES: So you’re saying should he get the nomination, Alan Grayson will file a lawsuit against his candidacy.

GRAYSON: Absolutely! Call me crazy but I think the president of America should be an American.

COLMES: Now I wonder, does he qualify because of having an American mother can considered an American citizen and in fact he renounced his Canadian citizenship to be an American citizen, but you’re talking about American birth, but I believe if that’s one of you parents —

GRAYSON: Look, even the anchor babies are actually born here. He doesn’t even meet that qualification.

COLMES: Right. And although I don’t like the term anchor babies, it’s been embraced by people like Donald Trump and Ted Cruz — not Ted Cruz — Marco Rubio who may in fact be one, as I understand.

GRAYSON: Oh, it’s shocking. In Cruz’s case, it is obvious what happened. The Canadians got pissed off at us for acid rain, so they gave us Ted Cruz.

grayson is not considered to be one of the high intellectuals of the DC congress...
alan colmes is just plain creepy.

Alan Grayson is an imbecile... obama's will have been in office for 8 years having been born to a foreign national Father and US Citizen Mother. There new precedent is set.

A natural born citizen is someone who is a citizen at birth. If anything, natural born citizenship is tied to place of birth. Not parentage. With the USSC citing English common law on the meaning of 'natural born' being a product of one's location of birth, even if both your parents are aliens.

Both Cruz and Obama are eligible as both were citizens at birth. Any citizen at birth is natural born unless congress says otherwise. And the only time Congress has is in regards to Puerto Ricans....who are bizarrely 'naturalized at birth'. The only instance of this in all of US law, past or present.

As neither are Puerto Rican nor born in Puerto Rico.....they're both natural born citizens.

Oh, and precedent was set with President Chester who was born in the US to an American mother and Irish-Canadian father in 1829.......and became president in 1881. No one batted an eye lash until a rumor circulated that he was actually born in Canada. THEN folks started mumbling about eligibility. As natural born status is most closely tied to place of birth. Not parentage.

Prior to catastrophe of obama, Cruz was not qualified to serve as President... and as far as the letter of the Constitution is concerned he still is not...
All of that is however out the window now... .

Its Cruz's birth in Canada that calls into question his eligibility. As he's unquestioningly a natural born citizen of Canada. He's also a natural born citizen of the United States.

As Obama was born in Hawaii, his eligibility was never in any significant question. As natural born status is most closely tied to place of birth. Not parentage.

as a Natural Born Citizen is one whose Citizenship is a natural consequence of their Birth, and THAT is when BOTH PARENTS are Citizens in good standing of the nation at issue.

Nonsense. Natural born is synonymous with native born. Says who? Says the dictionary.

the definition of natural-born

With native born someone who is born in a country.

dictionary.reference.com/browse/native-born

A point that Congress made abundantly clear in the Naturalization Act of 1790.....where they recognized children of US citizens born abroad 'shall be considered as natural born citizens."

Something they would never have had to do is parentage established natural born status. As it would have already been true. Yet Congress explicitly folded such children born abroad into natural born status because they *weren't* considered natural born before this law.

Eliminating parentage as the sole indicator of natural born status .....back in 1790. Only 2 years after the constitution was ratified. The founders clearly understood the meaning of natural born better than you did, Keyes.

Last edited:
I don't think ...

That is SO true. If we could just get more degenerates to come to grips with that inescapable truth. You're so brave to come out like this!

And your second tell. If you're already commited to running from any argument you clearly can't debate.....why bother posting at all?

Oh aren't you sweet... your conceding to our point that you 'do not think...'.

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

A natural born citizen is someone who is a citizen at birth.

True, but not because of any statute, because being the child of two citizens of the same nation, the nature of citizenship compels that the natural consequence of the birth is that the child of the two citizens, is a citizen.

If anything, natural born citizenship is tied to place of birth.

False... in truth, place of birth is wholly irrelevant to the nature of citizenship. There is only ONE circumstance which naturally results in citizenship... and that is where two citizens of a state, produce an offspring, the natural consequence of which is that the offspring is an axiomatic citizen of that state.

Again... this is THE NATURE of Citizenship. And this wholly without regard to 'The Law of The State' which may provide for citizenship under any of many conceivable circumstances, NO STATE has ever precluded citizenship from those born to Parent Citizens.

Now beyond what the standard is, is the REASON it was established.

And the reason that such was set UNIQUELY TO AND SOLELY UPON THE PRESIDENT OF THE US... is that the President of the US is the singular DEFENDER of the US Constitution. Thus it is imperative that the President of the US be trained in and loyal to the Principles that the US Constitution exists to sustain and NOT addled by Split loyalties, where at the minimum, the individual would reasonably be sympathetic to Foreign Ideas Hostile to American Principle.

The Catastrophic Consequences of which, we have seen IN SPADES through the failure of the nation to prevent obama, the son of a Foreign National whose ideology was very much Hostile to American Principle... thus disqualified from taking the office of the President... who once taking office, began an attack upon the US Constitution after openly declaring its intent to FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGE it... A clear and irrefutable violation of his oath of office, a trait which the Natural Born Citizen Standard was designed to avoid, to the extent possible.

True, but not because of any statute, because being the child of two citizens of the same nation, the nature of citizenship compels that the natural consequence of the birth is that the child of the two citizens, is a citizen.

Then why did the Congress in 1790 fold in children born to US parents abroad as 'natural born citizens' if the ONLY way to be a natural born citizens was to be born to US parents?

If what you claim were valid then the statute would have been unnecessary. If, however, natural born status followed PLACE of birth, then it makes perfect sense. As children born abroad were not born in the United States.

With the Naturalization law of 1790 extending natural born status to those who weren't born in the US. Utterly destroying your argument.

Which the USSC did again when they cited English common law as the lens through which the meaning of the term 'natural born' must be understood. And then quoted English common law that recognized natural born status following PLACE of birth. Even to children born to aliens.

Such allegiance and protection were mutual -- as expressed in the maxim protectio trahit subjectionem, et subjectio protectionem -- and were not restricted to natural-born subjects and naturalized subjects, or to those who had taken an oath of allegiance, but were predicable of aliens in amity so long as they were within the kingdom. Children, born in England, of such aliens were therefore natural-born subjects.

United States v. Wong Kim Ark
United States v. Wong Kim Ark

Again, perfectly in line with the Naturalization Act of 1790.....which *extended* natural born status to those who weren't born in the US. As those born in the US were automatically citizens at birth. While those born outside the US were merely 'considered natural born citizens'.....even when both parents were US citizens.

Utterly destroying your argument yet again.

False... in truth, place of birth is wholly irrelevant to the nature of citizenship.

Says you. The Supreme Court says otherwise. The dictionary says otherwise regarding natural born. US law says otherwise. English common law says otherwise. The Naturalization Act of 1790 says otherwise.

You simply don't know what you're talking about. And you're only quoting yourself.

And your subjective opinion doesn't establish the nature of citizenship.

[

LOL!

The eternal Leftist appeals to misleading authority, popularity and ignorance.

I tell ya Reader, if the species were suddenly struck incapable of fallacious reasoning, the Ideological Left would cease to exist at that moment.

LOL- which is amusing since you appeal to the God of Youtube for your 'authority'

If you were suddenly prevented from lying- well it would be a sign that the home you live in banned your keyboard access again.

Hypocrite. Neither Obama or Cruz should have been allowed/be allowed to be president!

Both should be allowed. As a natural born citizen is merely a citizen at birth.......with the exception of Puerto Ricans. Who are bizarrely 'naturalized at birth'. The only example of this in all of US law.

Hypocrite. Neither Obama or Cruz should have been allowed/be allowed to be president!

Of course the rest of us believe in the U.S. Constitution- and since the Electoral College voted overwhelmingly for Obama- twice- we think that President Obama should have been allowed to be President.

And if the voters are idiotic enough to vote for Cruz- then I will support the U.S.Constitution and President Cruz also.

If anything, natural born citizenship is tied to place of birth.

False... in truth, place of birth is wholly irrelevant to the nature of citizenship. There is only ONE circumstance which naturally results in citizenship... and that is where two citizens of a state, produce an offspring, the natural consequence of which is that the offspring is an axiomatic citizen of that state.

Again... this is THE NATURE of Citizenship. And this wholly without regard to 'The Law of The State' which may provide for citizenship under any of many conceivable circumstances, NO STATE has ever precluded citizenship from those born to Parent Citizens.

Now beyond what the standard is, is the REASON it was established.

And the reason that such was set UNIQUELY TO AND SOLELY UPON THE PRESIDENT OF THE US... is that the President of the US is the singular DEFENDER of the US Constitution. Thus it is imperative that the President of the US be trained in and loyal to the Principles that the US Constitution exists to sustain and NOT addled by Split loyalties, where at the minimum, the individual would reasonably be sympathetic to Foreign Ideas Hostile to American Principle.

The Catastrophic Consequences of which, we have seen IN SPADES through the failure of the nation to prevent obama, the son of a Foreign National whose ideology was very much Hostile to American Principle... thus disqualified from taking the office of the President... who once taking office, began an attack upon the US Constitution after openly declaring its intent to FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGE it... A clear and irrefutable violation of his oath of office, a trait which the Natural Born Citizen Standard was designed to avoid, to the extent possible.

Wow- that is a whole lot of bull pucky made up just because you can't accept that Barack Obama was legally elected by the American electorate.

I don't know which 'neo-commies' you are speaking of- but Birthers have long argued that natural born citizen required not only birth in the United States and two citizen parents.

Actually... it's a common misnomer that such requires birth in the US. You actually believe that... and you're on record stating such.

Actually I am on record that anyone born a U.S. citizen is a natural born citizen-

So true. And you, like those who also believe such, are wrong.

that would include among others- John McCain, Barack Obama and Ted Cruz.

John McCain was born to two US Citizens... thus he is a natural born citizen. He was born overseas... which was the point of the feckless contest regarding his birth.

Obama was born to a communist US Citizen Mother and a Foreign National Communist Father. Who has a birth Cert from a state which legally provides birth certs to children born outside of the US and has since before it became a state. And who was largely raised outside of the United States, particularly during his formative years, where he was inculcated into a religion which is largely hostile to America and American Principle.

Had obama not been elected to the office of President obama is wholly unqualified for a National Security Clearance, at any level.

Ted Cruz was born Canada to a loyal US Citizen Mother and Foreign national Father, with a history steeped in the fight against Communism, and a long history of pro-American activism.

Ted Cruz would be able to work anywhere in US Government, at the highest levels of security with no problems what so ever, due to his unimpeachable recognition of, respect for, loyalty and adherence to The Constitution of the United States and the American Principles it is designed to sustain.

While obama is by every measure the enemy of every American... and Ted Cruz the epitome of an American, neither meet the threshold established by the US Constitution's requirement that the President of the United States' citizenship be the natural consequence of their birth; the circumstance which is only possible, where BOTH PARENTS are US Citizens in good standing.

It would not include Kissinger or Schwartzenegger.

Foreigners who received citizenship through naturalization laws. They too are disqualified to be President for the same reason as are obama and Cruz.

The Professor explains the concept in fundamental terms, as well as explaining in part 2 WHY the standard is applied to ONLY the President... and NO OTHER office in the land:

I guess the last 7 years never happened then....

i wish.

i know, the birther thing again, doesn't seem to want to go away.

anyway republicans want sick people to die quickly. grayson is back. he is the dizzying hugo chavez of our American congress.

Alan Grayson Threatens Lawsuit on Citizenship Grounds if Ted Cruz Is the GOP Nominee - Breitbart

if you google die quickly, you get this:

COLMES: Well, his mother was born here, so I guess like Obama, though it’s interesting to me the people who had a problem with Obama, though it’s interesting to me that the people who had a problem with Obama’s birth certificate don’t have a problem with Ted Cruz who literally was born in another country and renounced his Canadian citizenry.

GRAYSON: I don’t know … the Constitution says natural-born Americans, so now we’re counting Canadians as natural born Americans? How does that work? I’m waiting for the moment that he gets the nomination and then I will file that beautiful lawsuit saying that he’s unqualified for the job because he’s ineligible.

COLMES: So you’re saying should he get the nomination, Alan Grayson will file a lawsuit against his candidacy.

GRAYSON: Absolutely! Call me crazy but I think the president of America should be an American.

COLMES: Now I wonder, does he qualify because of having an American mother can considered an American citizen and in fact he renounced his Canadian citizenship to be an American citizen, but you’re talking about American birth, but I believe if that’s one of you parents —

GRAYSON: Look, even the anchor babies are actually born here. He doesn’t even meet that qualification.

COLMES: Right. And although I don’t like the term anchor babies, it’s been embraced by people like Donald Trump and Ted Cruz — not Ted Cruz — Marco Rubio who may in fact be one, as I understand.

GRAYSON: Oh, it’s shocking. In Cruz’s case, it is obvious what happened. The Canadians got pissed off at us for acid rain, so they gave us Ted Cruz.

grayson is not considered to be one of the high intellectuals of the DC congress...
alan colmes is just plain creepy.

Alan Grayson is an imbecile... obama's will have been in office for 8 years having been born to a foreign national Father and US Citizen Mother. There new precedent is set.

A natural born citizen is someone who is a citizen at birth. If anything, natural born citizenship is tied to place of birth. Not parentage. With the USSC citing English common law on the meaning of 'natural born' being a product of one's location of birth, even if both your parents are aliens.

Both Cruz and Obama are eligible as both were citizens at birth. Any citizen at birth is natural born unless congress says otherwise. And the only time Congress has is in regards to Puerto Ricans....who are bizarrely 'naturalized at birth'. The only instance of this in all of US law, past or present.

As neither are Puerto Rican nor born in Puerto Rico.....they're both natural born citizens.

Oh, and precedent was set with President Chester who was born in the US to an American mother and Irish-Canadian father in 1829.......and became president in 1881. No one batted an eye lash until a rumor circulated that he was actually born in Canada. THEN folks started mumbling about eligibility. As natural born status is most closely tied to place of birth. Not parentage.

Prior to catastrophe of obama, Cruz was not qualified to serve as President... and as far as the letter of the Constitution is concerned he still is not...
All of that is however out the window now... .

Its Cruz's birth in Canada that calls into question his eligibility. As he's unquestioningly a natural born citizen of Canada. He's also a natural born citizen of the United States.

As Obama was born in Hawaii, his eligibility was never in any significant question. As natural born status is most closely tied to place of birth. Not parentage.

as a Natural Born Citizen is one whose Citizenship is a natural consequence of their Birth, and THAT is when BOTH PARENTS are Citizens in good standing of the nation at issue.

Nonsense. Natural born is synonymous with native born. Says who? Says the dictionary.

the definition of natural-born

With native born someone who is born in a country.

dictionary.reference.com/browse/native-born

A point that Congress made abundantly clear in the Naturalization Act of 1790.....where they recognized children of US citizens born abroad 'shall be considered as natural born citizens."

Something they would never have had to do is parentage established natural born status. As it would have already been true. Yet Congress explicitly folded such children born abroad into natural born status because they *weren't* considered natural born before this law.

Eliminating parentage as the sole indicator of natural born status .....back in 1790. Only 2 years after the constitution was ratified. The founders clearly understood the meaning of natural born better than you did, Keyes.

i think you obots invented "there are only two kinds of citizens". i never of heard that before Obama. sounds made up, like the global warming hoax. :cool: you democrats have no leadership, that's your problem right now. you are/were well poised/positioned to have accomplished great things, you had your big chance and you blew it.

you cannot ever quite seem to find/see it.
you can never be safe, secure or happy following a leader who leads from behind.

i'm sure the founding fathers and mothers would agree. you know, if they weren't dead for two hundred years, :)

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back