alan grayson threatens lawsuit on citizenship grounds if ted cruz is the gop nominee

And a snipette from the HARVARD LAW REVIEW, NO LESS!

There are plenty of serious issues to debate in the upcoming presidential election cycle. The less time spent dealing with specious objections to candidate eligibility, the better. Fortunately, the Constitution is refreshingly clear on these eligibility issues. To serve, an individual must be at least thirty-five years old and a “natural born Citizen.” Thirty-four and a half is not enough and, for better or worse, a naturalized citizen cannot serve. But as Congress has recognized since the Founding, a person born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent is generally a U.S. citizen from birth with no need for naturalization. And the phrase “natural born Citizen” in the Constitution encompasses all such citizens from birth. Thus, an individual born to a U.S. citizen parent — whether in California or Canada or the Canal Zone — is a U.S. citizen from birth and is fully eligible to serve as President if the people so choose.

On the Meaning of “Natural Born Citizen”

Close... Natural Born Citizen is one whose citizenship is a NATURAL consequence of their birth. That is ONLY the case where BOTH PARENTS are citizens in good standing..

Except of course- Birthers just made that crap up when Obama was running for office.

And you believe that crap because you have to believe that crap in order to pretend President Obama was not legally chosen by Americans to be President.

LOL!

Birthers made what up? Nature?
!

Birthers made up the usual Birther crap you spew.

If you want to pretend that you were just puppets of Hillary that is fine with me.

That said... while I will be voting for Ben Carson in the Primary, I would happily vote for Cruz in the election, as what's fair is fair... if the Left can break the rule and run a communist muslim to ruin the nation... I can break the rules to run a vehement anti-Communist to fix their fuck-up.

Just showing of course you are a person with no morals- who pretended to care about eligibility when Obama was the subject- and doesn't give a damn when it comes to any other candidate.

I don't know which 'neo-commies' you are speaking of- but Birthers have long argued that natural born citizen required not only birth in the United States and two citizen parents.

Actually... it's a common misnomer that such requires birth in the US. You actually believe that... and you're on record stating such.

The purpose of the standard was to avoid dual loyalties... specifically, to avoid loyalties to the British Crown... during a time when it was quite common for citizens to be married to British subjects. And given that Britain was at the time working VERY hard to undermine the sovereignty of the United States... it was a valid and quite serious concern.

Being born to a parent of a foreign national means that one will likely be raised to respect foreign ideas; ideas which may well be hostile to the defining principles of America... thus hostile to the principles which the US Constitution is designed to protect.

One need look no farther than the obama cult to see that well more than two centuries later, the validity of the reasoning remains unscathed, and the consequences for ignoring it: CATASTROPHIC.

That said... while I will be voting for Ben Carson in the Primary, I would happily vote for Cruz in the election, as what's fair is fair... if the Left can break the rule and run a communist muslim to ruin the nation... I can break the rules to run a vehement anti-Communist to fix their fuck-up.

Just showing of course you are a person with no morals- who pretended to care about eligibility when Obama was the subject- and doesn't give a damn when it comes to any other candidate.

LOL!

YOU rejected the principle... YOU rejected the standard, thus the standard is NO LONGER IN PLAY.

You've no one to blame for the failure of Leftist policy, but yourself and your comrades.

And sis... the consequences of your failure have not even begun to materialize... but you are going to be held to account for all of it.

[QU

If you ignore the facts.

Though I am amused by the concept- since virtually all Birthers today are right wing nuts- and the idea that they are just doing Hilary's bidding is very amusing.

Your boy Grayson is the Birther of the Month with his shit about Cruz and he is an extreme far Left shithead. The original birther is the Bitch that you Libtard nitwits are going to vote for in 2016.
Come-on Man... Grayson's not a Birther.

The term 'Birther' itself is meaningless, on the same par as "reactionary".

It's a scam advanced by the intellectually less fortunate, because that's simply the best they can fuckin' do... .

Grayson is an imbecile, whose only purpose in this crap is to raise his own worthless stock by trying to glom onto Cruz... PERIOD.

There's no doubt in the minds of anyone as to who Ted Cruz is, what he believes, where he was born... or anything else. The Guy's life is an open book.

Last edited:
Wow, no one was qualified to be president at that time. Brilliant.

7 out of 8 of our first Presidents were not born in the United States since it was not the United States when they were born.
That's true. They were naturalized citizens of the U.S. when they became president; for which, the Constitution made provisions. There are, only two classifications of U.S. citizens, natural or naturalized.

Yes, and the law covers this situation, as well, by stating that the children of US citizens are US citizens, regardless of whether their moms drop them here or elsewhere.
Unless you're Barack Obama.

Yes, or anyone else whose mother hated the US and spent as little of her adult life here as she could.
OMG, the Right keeps trying.:dig:

Well, then all you need to do is to post something in terms of evidence that shows the obama's communist Mother has allegiance to the Principles that define America.

Tell ya what, I'll settle for ANY evidence that you can show that on any level provides that communism is not antithetical to the Principles that Define America.

(Reader... Enjoy. The highest likelihood is that it will not respond (for obvious reasons) but if it does... there should be some solid entertainment value in there somewhere.)

Last edited:
I don't know which 'neo-commies' you are speaking of- but Birthers have long argued that natural born citizen required not only birth in the United States and two citizen parents.

Actually... it's a common misnomer that such requires birth in the US. You actually believe that... and you're on record stating such.

Actually I am on record that anyone born a U.S. citizen is a natural born citizen- that would include among others- John McCain, Barack Obama and Ted Cruz. It would not include Kissinger or Schwartzenegger.

One of the sub-sects of Birthers created a new claim that NBC required two citizen parents- something never required in our history- nor was it ever taught to us as children- just a false meme created to attack Barack Obama.

LOL!

YOU rejected the principle... YOU rejected the standard, thus the standard is NO LONGER IN PLAY.

You've no one to blame for the failure of Leftist policy, but yourself and your comrades.

And sis... the consequences of your failure have not even begun to materialize... but you are going to be held to account for all of it.

So you are like a kid saying "But Ma....he did it first!"

That's true. They were naturalized citizens of the U.S. when they became president; for which, the Constitution made provisions. There are, only two classifications of U.S. citizens, natural or naturalized.

Yes, and the law covers this situation, as well, by stating that the children of US citizens are US citizens, regardless of whether their moms drop them here or elsewhere.
Unless you're Barack Obama.

Yes, or anyone else whose mother hated the US and spent as little of her adult life here as she could.

Well, then all you need to do is to post something in terms of evidence that shows the obama's communist Mother)

No- actually we don't have to post anything to counter your cowardly smears of a dead woman.

There is no record of Stanley Ann Dunham ever being a communist- or of her ever 'hating' America.

Just the typical cowardly smears of a dead woman by birthers- because of course- Birthers have no shame.

There's no doubt in the minds of anyone as to who Ted Cruz is, what he believes, where he was born... or anything else. The Guy's life is an open book.

'an open book'?

Where are his college transcripts?
Where are his kindergarten records?

LOL......(and yes I am just being ironic since Birthers like Keys never ask anyone else for the kind of crap they demanded that candidate Obama was obligated to provide)

Not being a Leftist, I'm a lot more concerned with what Cruz's actions were in working with whatever level of government, rather than simply a kneejerk rejection of anyone with any experience with government.

It's like the real world requires thought and maturity and discernment, or something.

I couldn't agree more.

Cruz is about as far out of the bureaucracy as it gets, and still have experience in government. His work as Texas Solicitor General in taking on the United States and winning, says a lot about what and who Cruz is.

The chronic Leftist pant wetting over Cruz is all anyone of reason needs to know, to know who they're most worried about.

The coolest part is that they have no one to run against Cruz or anyone else... Doc Carson is a political neophyte, and they can't even face him. And why is that?

It's because of the same reasons that the can't compete with Cruz... He's a highly principled man, who is well versed in American Principle, knows exactly who he is, where he's going and doesn't give a single dam' about the Left, is vehemently offended by Political Correctness and loathes the media, what it is and what it represents.

Trump... LOL... Wild Card of Wild Cards.

Personally... I think Trump has a gift for defending Trumps own interests. At the moment his interests rests in getting the highest ratings, and setting the press on it's ass. And he's doing that by playing on the visceral hatred of the Ideological Left by each and every American, and their deep seated hope that he will bring to the Left some deep seated pain; reversal of o-cult-care... reversal of the Federal Licensing of Degeneracy... total annihilation of the Islamic pests and the shutting down of every facet of Left-think set into public policy over the last 70 years.

It's a dream that will never materialize, but its a wonderful dream nonetheless. Trumps in for Trump. Now and forever. And his Ego makes that of the Brown Clown something closer to Gandhi.
I think Cruz is playing the right for fools......like I said above he has the classic positioning of a shill,rhetoric of an outsider, resume of an insider.

I think if God Almighty came down and endorsed Cruz on national television, you would still be shrieking about him, because you're incapable of ever believing anything except leftist talking points.
Wrong, as a leftist I should be secretly rooting for the shill, since as a shill he would disrupt the right, "confound their politics", as they sing in Cruzs true Canadian birthplace. But I am one who believes more honesty in politics is needed.

Amazingly delusional, even for you.

why?

Actually I am on record that anyone born a U.S. citizen is a natural born citizen-

So true. And you, like those who also believe such, are wrong.

that would include among others- John McCain, Barack Obama and Ted Cruz.

John McCain was born to two US Citizens... thus he is a natural born citizen. He was born overseas... which was the point of the feckless contest regarding his birth.

Obama was born to a communist US Citizen Mother and a Foreign National Communist Father. Who has a birth Cert from a state which legally provides birth certs to children born outside of the US and has since before it became a state. And who was largely raised outside of the United States, particularly during his formative years, where he was inculcated into a religion which is largely hostile to America and American Principle.

Had obama not been elected to the office of President obama is wholly unqualified for a National Security Clearance, at any level.

Ted Cruz was born Canada to a loyal US Citizen Mother and Foreign national Father, with a history steeped in the fight against Communism, and a long history of pro-American activism.

Ted Cruz would be able to work anywhere in US Government, at the highest levels of security with no problems what so ever, due to his unimpeachable recognition of, respect for, loyalty and adherence to The Constitution of the United States and the American Principles it is designed to sustain.

While obama is by every measure the enemy of every American... and Ted Cruz the epitome of an American, neither meet the threshold established by the US Constitution's requirement that the President of the United States' citizenship be the natural consequence of their birth; the circumstance which is only possible, where BOTH PARENTS are US Citizens in good standing.

It would not include Kissinger or Schwartzenegger.

Foreigners who received citizenship through naturalization laws. They too are disqualified to be President for the same reason as are obama and Cruz.

One of the sub-sects of Birthers created a new claim that NBC required two citizen parents- something never required in our history- nor was it ever taught to us as children- just a false meme created to attack Barack Obama.

Reader, I encourage you to watch these two short videos.

The Professor explains the concept in fundamental terms, as well as explaining in part 2 WHY the standard is applied to ONLY the President... and NO OTHER office in the land:

i know, the birther thing again, doesn't seem to want to go away.

anyway republicans want sick people to die quickly. grayson is back. he is the dizzying hugo chavez of our American congress.

Alan Grayson Threatens Lawsuit on Citizenship Grounds if Ted Cruz Is the GOP Nominee - Breitbart

if you google die quickly, you get this:

COLMES: Well, his mother was born here, so I guess like Obama, though it’s interesting to me the people who had a problem with Obama, though it’s interesting to me that the people who had a problem with Obama’s birth certificate don’t have a problem with Ted Cruz who literally was born in another country and renounced his Canadian citizenry.

GRAYSON: I don’t know … the Constitution says natural-born Americans, so now we’re counting Canadians as natural born Americans? How does that work? I’m waiting for the moment that he gets the nomination and then I will file that beautiful lawsuit saying that he’s unqualified for the job because he’s ineligible.

COLMES: So you’re saying should he get the nomination, Alan Grayson will file a lawsuit against his candidacy.

GRAYSON: Absolutely! Call me crazy but I think the president of America should be an American.

COLMES: Now I wonder, does he qualify because of having an American mother can considered an American citizen and in fact he renounced his Canadian citizenship to be an American citizen, but you’re talking about American birth, but I believe if that’s one of you parents —

GRAYSON: Look, even the anchor babies are actually born here. He doesn’t even meet that qualification.

COLMES: Right. And although I don’t like the term anchor babies, it’s been embraced by people like Donald Trump and Ted Cruz — not Ted Cruz — Marco Rubio who may in fact be one, as I understand.

GRAYSON: Oh, it’s shocking. In Cruz’s case, it is obvious what happened. The Canadians got pissed off at us for acid rain, so they gave us Ted Cruz.

grayson is not considered to be one of the high intellectuals of the DC congress...
alan colmes is just plain creepy.

What a dick head.

Actually I am on record that anyone born a U.S. citizen is a natural born citizen-

John McCain was born to two US Citizens... thus he is a natural born citizen. He was born overseas... which was the point of the feckless contest regarding his birth.

Obama was born to a communist US Citizen Mother and a Foreign National Communist Father. Who has a birth Cert from a state which legally provides birth certs to children born outside of the US and has since before it became a state. And who was largely raised outside of the United States, particularly during his formative years, where he was inculcated into a religion which is largely hostile to America and American Principle.

Had obama not been elected to the office of President obama is wholly unqualified for a National Security Clearance, at any level.

Ted Cruz was born Canada to a loyal US Citizen Mother and Foreign national Father, with a history steeped in the fight against Communism, and a long history of pro-American activism.

Ted Cruz would be able to work anywhere in US Government, at the highest levels of security with no problems what so ever, due to his unimpeachable recognition of, respect for, loyalty and adherence to The Constitution of the United States and the American Principles it is designed to sustain.

While obama is by every measure the enemy of every American... and Ted Cruz the epitome of an American, neither meet the threshold established by the US Constitution's requirement that the President of the United States' citizenship be the natural consequence of their birth; the circumstance which is only possible, where BOTH PARENTS are US Citizens in good standing.

It would not include Kissinger or Schwartzenegger.

Foreigners who received citizenship through naturalization laws. They too are disqualified to be President for the same reason as are obama and Cruz.

Reader, I encourage you to watch these two short videos.

The Professor explains the concept in fundamental terms, as well as explaining in part 2 WHY the standard is applied to ONLY the President... and NO OTHER office in the land:

I guess the last 7 years never happened then....

'an open book'?

LOL......(and yes I am just being ironic since Birthers like Keys never ask anyone else for the kind of crap they demanded that candidate Obama was obligated to provide)
You want to see his college transcripts... send for them using FOIA...

But you can find out pretty much anything ya need to know by Googling Ted Cruz: College History

About 12,700,000 results (0.47 seconds)

Search Results

1. Ted Cruz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaTed_Cruz
    Wikipedia
    Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz (born December 22, 1970) is an American ... He was the first Hispanic, and the longest-serving solicitor general in Texas history. ...... that made him one of the most polished performers on the college debate circuit.
    School choice - ‎Campaign - ‎Southern Baptist Convention - ‎Kay Bailey Hutchison
    About Senator Cruz | Ted Cruz | U.S. Senator for Texas
    www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=about_senator
    United States Senate
    In 2012, Ted Cruz was elected as the 34th U.S. Senator from Texas. ... her family to go to college, graduated from Rice University with a degree in mathematics, ...
    Ted Cruz - Lawyer, U.S. Senator - Biography.com
    www.biography.com/people/ted-cruz
    Find out more about Republican politician Ted Cruz who became one of Texas's ... History & Culture .... He then appeared at Liberty University, a Christian collegefounded by Moral Majority leader Jerry Falwell, to rally the faithful to his side.
    Images for Ted Cruz: College Historyupload_2015-11-30_14-2-46.jpeg
    upload_2015-11-30_14-2-46.jpeg
    More images for Ted Cruz: College History
    Digging Into Ted Cruz's Debating History: Reporter's Notebook
    www.nytimes.com/.../digging-into-ted-cruzs-debati...
    The New York Times
    Apr 24, 2015 - It was not a revelation that Ted Cruz was a successful debater on the college debating circuit. There had been some intriguing reports about it.
    Ted Cruz Showed Eloquence, and Limits, as Debater at ...
    www.nytimes.com/.../ted-cruz-honed-political-skills-i...
    The New York Times
    Apr 22, 2015 - During his college years, Mr. Cruz was known as a formidable orator ... Digging Into Ted Cruz's Debating History: Reporter's Notebook APRIL ...
    A History for Senate Candidate Ted Cruz and Supreme Court
    www.nytimes.com/.../a-history-for-senate-candidat...
    The New York Times
    Jul 22, 2012 - Ted Cruz, a Republican and a United States Senate hopeful, has argued before the ... Senate Candidate and Supreme Court Have a History.

1. People also ask

Where does Ted Cruz live in Texas?

Where was Sen Ted Cruz born?

When was Ted Cruz elected?

Where was Ted Cruz's father born?
    7 Things to Know About Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) - NBC News
    www.nbcnews.com/.../7-things-know-about-sen-ted-cruz-...
    NBCNews.com
    Sep 28, 2013 - 1. Sen. Ted Cruz was born on Dec. 22, 1970 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada to a Cuban father and an American mother. When questions arose ...
    Ted Cruz at Princeton: Creepy, Sometimes Well-Liked, and ...
    www.thedailybeast.com/.../ted-cruz-at-princeton-creepy-s...
    The Daily Beast
    Aug 19, 2013 - Patricia Murphy talks to Ted Cruz's college roommates about his stint at .... Cruz focused on the history and theory behind the Ninth and 10th ...
    Ted Cruz's College Years: Portrait Of A Young A**hole ...
    wonkette.com/.../ted-cruzs-college-years-portrait-of-a-young-a...
    Wonkette
    Apr 22, 2015 - Ted Cruz (R-Daddy Issues) has always been a smug prick. ..... Extinction, which also had a lot about the history of the study of Mass Extinction.

Searches related to Ted Cruz: College History
ted cruz college transcripts

ted cruz college speech

ted cruz college grades

history of ted cruz father

ted cruz for president

ted cruz polls

ted cruz bio

tedcruz vs david dewhurst

Now compare that to relative ghost town of the same search for: Obama: College History

About 109,000,000 results (0.46 seconds)

Search Results

1. Barack Obama: Document History from Birth to Harvard ...
    2012election.procon.org/view.additional-resource.php?...
    ProCon.org
    May 24, 2012 - Barack Obama attended Occidental College from fall 1979 through spring 1981 and then transferred to Columbia University in New York.
    Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaObama
    Wikipedia
    Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard .... a private college preparatory school, from fifth grade until his graduation from ..... simultaneously on the Court to three, for the first time in American history.
    Michelle Obama - ‎Barack Obama, Sr. - ‎Ann Dunham - ‎Early life and career of Barack
    Early life and career of Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free ...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Early_life_and_career_of_Barack_...
    Wikipedia
    As a young adult, Obama was educated at Occidental College, Columbia ..... middle-class Chicago neighborhood with a history of electing reform-minded ...
    The Mystery of Barack Obama Continues | Obama Social ...
    www.westernjournalism.com/.../the-mystery-of-barack-obama-continues/
    Exclusive Investigate Report on the Barack Obama Social Security Numbers, ... about President Obama than perhaps any other president in American history and ... He will not release his Harvard records, his Columbia College records, or his ...
    Barack Obama - Biography.com
    www.biography.com/people/barack-obama-12782369
    Learn more about President Barack Obama's family background, education and career ... him to leave Kenya and pursue his dreams of going to college in Hawaii . .... of the vote to Keyes' 27 percent, the largest electoral victory in Illinois history.
    Barack Obama: Life Before the Presidency—Miller Center
    millercenter.org/.../obama-life-before-the-...
    Miller Center of Public Affairs
    Obama left Hawaii for college, enrolling first at Occidental College in Los Angeles ... As the first African American president in the long history of the law review, ...

1. People also ask

Who is Barack Obama?

When was Barack Obama born?

Where did Barack Obama go to college?

Where did Barack Obama grow up?

Obama's 'Sealed' Records - FactCheck.org
    www.factcheck.org/2012/07/obamas-sealed-records/
    FactCheck.org
    Jul 31, 2012 - Obama's college records are not “sealed” by a court order, as this graphic would have you .... “Lahore, A Survivor with a Bittersweet History.
    Donald Trump says people who went to school with Obama ...
    www.politifact.com/.../donald-trump-says-people-who-we...
    PolitiFact.com
    Feb 14, 2011 - Obama then returned to Honolulu, Hawaii, to live with his maternal grandparents and attended Punahou School, a private college preparatory ...
    Barack Obama's Education - The Obama File
    www.theobamafile.com/obamaeducation.htm
    Barack Obama began his undergraduate education at Occidental College, in California .... For those closely following Obama's history this is relevant to a certain ...
    About Barack Obama
    https://www.barackobama.com/president-obama/
    Barack Obama
    He worked his way through school—Occidental College in Los Angeles, ... jobs during the longest, uninterrupted period of job growth in our nation's history.

Searches related to Obama: College History
obama occidental college

where did obama go to college

barack obama college history

obama college attended

obama college records

obama's race

obama wikipedia español

palin college history

Last edited:

Of course it happened.

It simply happened because the nation failed to adhere to the US Constitution and we have the catastrophe that should reasonably be expected would come, as a consequence of such.

There's nothing that is truly even debatable about any of this.

Obama was born to a communist US Citizen Mother and a Foreign National Communist Father. Who has a birth Cert from a state which legally provides birth certs to children born outside of the US and has since before it became a state. And who was largely raised outside of the United States, particularly during his formative years, where he was inculcated into a religion which is largely hostile to America and American Principle.]

So you not only have no morals- you also are okay with lying- so long as you can attack President Obama.

John McCain was born to 2 U.S. citizens- outside the United States.
Barack Obama was born in the United States

Both meet the eligibility requirements- despite the lies of Birthers.

President Obama's mother was a U.S. citizen- you want to lie about her being a communist that is just you smearing someone's dead mother again- but there is no record of her ever being a communist.

President Obama has a birth certificate from a U.S. State- which shows that he was born in the United States- not somewhere else- say Panama.

President Obama was raised 14 of his 18 years in the United States, and went to among other schools- a Catholic school. Why do you think that Catholicism is a religion is hostile to American and the American principles?

Of course it happened.

It simply happened because the nation failed to adhere to the US Constitution and we have the catastrophe that should reasonably be expected would come, as a consequence of such.

There's nothing that is truly even debatable about any of this.

Hard to argue with you when you are okay with blatantly lying.

'an open book'?

You want to see his college transcripts... send for them using FOIA...

But you can find out pretty much anything ya need to know by Googling Ted Cruz: College History

LOL- what kind of idiot thinks that college transcripts are available through the Freedom of Information Act?

Oh wait- Keys!

Meanwhile- I am glad to point out that idiots like you continue to whine about President Obama's college transcripts and kindergarten records, but are fine with Cruz not releasing any of that information.

Because of course- all of your whining Birtherism is entirely based upon President Obama- not on any desire for facts.

Forum List

Back