Grayson & Trump Find Some Agreement on Cruz's Citizenship

It's rather simple! I believe that Canada (at the time of Cruz's birth) DID NOT ALLOW dual citizenship. Cruz's father petitioned for Canadian citizenship, most probably aware of Canadian law. It doesn't take a Rocket-Scientist to figure out that Cruz's mother intended to BE A CANADIAN, also. If this is not enough, her SUPPOSED BIRTH in Delaware? would be proof? of U.S. citizenship. The simple act of producing her birth-certificate would most probably set the whole matter at rest. I believe that Ted is quite enjoying the Press regarding the whole matter.

It's rather simple! I believe that Canada (at the time of Cruz's birth) DID NOT ALLOW dual citizenship. Cruz's father petitioned for Canadian citizenship, most probably aware of Canadian law. It doesn't take a Rocket-Scientist to figure out that Cruz's mother intended to BE A CANADIAN, also. If this is not enough, her SUPPOSED BIRTH in Delaware? would be proof? of U.S. citizenship. The simple act of producing her birth-certificate would most probably set the whole matter at rest. I believe that Ted is quite enjoying the Press regarding the whole matter.

Ann Coulter on Ted Cruz: Look, I don't want everyone calling in yelling at me. But, I don't know if he can be President. ... I don't care what Dershowitz says. He (Cruz) is what the birthers accused Barack Obama of being. Ted Cruz actually did only have one American parent, one non-American parent, and he was born in Canada.​

Interesting... Ann sez: Obama citizen, Cruz not a citizen

Ann Coulter Goes Birther — On Ted Cruz

Eric Kleefeld
January 6, 2016

Donald Trump is getting some backup in his newest political assault on Ted Cruz, a redeployment of the “birther” mythos, this time aimed at the senator from Texas. Ann Coulter is declaring that Ted Cruz isn’t a “natural born citizen” eligible to run for president. And she’s upping the ante even more, by linking Cruz’s own dubious American citizenship to what she perceives as his weakness on immigration.

<snip>

So, there ya go... Ann Coulter and Alan Grayson are in agreement about Ted Cruz's eligibility to be POTUS. Strange bedfellows indeed.

If she intended to be a Canadian, can you cite her formal renunciation of her US citizenship?

Its the cornerstone of your entire argument. And so far, your only source is yourself.

oh look, another Trump thread. anyone notice the libs/dems on here NEVER talk about all them upstanding people they have running for President and how wonderful they are doing, crowds in the 1000's waiting in line for hours to see them and cheer all their old stale ideas they haven't had a new one in over 30 years?

would could blame them I guess. so instead it's spread dirt and smears as usual by their cult members

Well that is a fascinating line of your fan fiction there.
However, I do give you kudo's- you are about the only person I have seen posting other than myself who has pointed out that Ted's BC is immaterial- what does matter is his mother's BC.

Anyway- I really hope the DNC leaves this to Republicans to tear each other apart on- leave it to Trump and Coulter and McCain and the Birther nutjobs of the GOP- the DNC own nutjob(Grayson) should shut up and let the GOP do God's work on each other.

oh look, another Trump thread. anyone notice the libs/dems on here NEVER talk about all them upstanding people they have running for President and how wonderful they are doing, crowds in the 1000's waiting in line for hours to see them and cheer all their old stale ideas they haven't had a new one in over 30 years?

would could blame them I guess. so instead it's spread dirt and smears as usual by their cult members

I love pointing out that Trump is a Birther.

Because everyone knows that Birthers are idiots.

If anything, "The Donald" has got people thinking!

If she intended to be a Canadian, can you cite her formal renunciation of her US citizenship?

Its the cornerstone of your entire argument. And so far, your only source is yourself.
I've replied to a whole lot of Posts. Eleanor NEVER renounced her U.S. Citizenship. She just NEVER did anything to protect Ted from being confronted by a citizenship question. The one thing that may do Ted in is the fact that there seems to be no real proof that he was not illegitimate at birth. If so, the fact that his mother did not live in the U.S. for 1 year prior to Ted's birth. Apparently she married a bigamist who abandoned his Canadian family and started one fresh in the U.S.. Now Rafael has found Jesus! It's too bad that I DON'T SEE the Love of Christ currently coming out of his mouth. All of this would make for a good season of Jerry Springer!

I would be very surprised if the court didn't just dismiss the suit for lack of evidence, even assuming they could get a lawyer to take the case.

Why would you believe that, when it's so clearly not true? Canada has allowed dual citizenship for any child born on Canadian soil since 1947, provided that their parents are not foreign diplomats or consular officers.

It doesn't matter what you can "figure out about intentions". The law doesn't cover intentions. It covers facts. The facts are this:

Ted Cruz's mother was a US citizen at the time of his birth, and remains so (just for the record). She met the US residency requirements in force at the time of his birth to convey US citizenship to her son at his birth. There is not and never has been any question about either her citizenship or her residency.

Ted Cruz's parents followed all the legal requirements to report his birth to the US Consul and establish his US citizenship at birth.

Ted Cruz had dual citizenship in the US and Canada, for a number of years, owing to the fact that he didn't realize until a Dallas newspaper researched the question and pointed it out that he did, in fact, have it. At that point, he processed the necessary paperwork to renounce his Canadian citizenship, because he has always thought of himself as just an American.

Under the very clearly-written laws used on a daily and routine basis by our government to establish the citizenship of the children of the millions of US citizens who live abroad for whatever reason, Ted Cruz is a natural-born citizen of the US. Unless you can produce documentary evidence to the contrary, there is no case, and the argument is over.

If anything, "The Donald" has got people thinking!

No, he has people running around like a bunch of fools, spouting nonsense, and BELIEVING that they're thinking.

I've replied to a whole lot of Posts. Eleanor NEVER renounced her U.S. Citizenship. She just NEVER did anything to protect Ted from being confronted by a citizenship question. The one thing that may do Ted in is the fact that there seems to be no real proof that he was not illegitimate at birth. If so, the fact that his mother did not live in the U.S. for 1 year prior to Ted's birth. Apparently she married a bigamist who abandoned his Canadian family and started one fresh in the U.S.. Now Rafael has found Jesus! It's too bad that I DON'T SEE the Love of Christ currently coming out of his mouth. All of this would make for a good season of Jerry Springer!

Wrong, Chuckles. She did everything she was supposed to do in the case of a US citizen born abroad. There wasn't much she COULD do to protect her son from the fact that so many Americans are driveling morons.

There is all the proof anyone ever has of legitimacy at birth: his parents' marriage license, and his own birth certificate, showing both his parents listed. What proof do YOU have that YOU aren't illegitimate, beyond those same items?

His mother wasn't required to live in the US in the year prior to his birth in order to convey citizenship. If you disagree, cite me the article of law that agrees with you.

I'm not surprised that you know a lot about what goes on on the Jerry Springer show, but that doesn't exactly make you a reliable witness in the eyes of others.

Wrong, Chuckles. She did everything she was supposed to do in the case of a US citizen born abroad. There wasn't much she COULD do to protect her son from the fact that so many Americans are driveling morons.

There is all the proof anyone ever has of legitimacy at birth: his parents' marriage license, and his own birth certificate, showing both his parents listed. What proof do YOU have that YOU aren't illegitimate, beyond those same items?

His mother wasn't required to live in the US in the year prior to his birth in order to convey citizenship. If you disagree, cite me the article of law that agrees with you.

I'm not surprised that you know a lot about what goes on on the Jerry Springer show, but that doesn't exactly make you a reliable witness in the eyes of others.

From the whole Obama Birther idiocy- people prefer to focus on 'what if' rather than the facts.

That Trump, Coulter and McCain are all going 'Birther' on Cruz- well that is just really amusing.

I've replied to a whole lot of Posts. Eleanor NEVER renounced her U.S. Citizenship. She just NEVER did anything to protect Ted from being confronted by a citizenship question. The one thing that may do Ted in is the fact that there seems to be no real proof that he was not illegitimate at birth.

Which might be relevant if his mother's marital status had a thing to do with her ability to confer US citizenship on her children.

You're really just making this shit up as you go along, aren't you?

Forum List

Back