Alabama attorney general says he has right to prosecute people who facilitate travel for out-of-state abortions

Interstate commerce and Federal mail, you betcha.

that handles the transport ACROSS state lines, but not the use of them or provision of them to the person.

That you complain about one and accept the other just because it suits your position shows your hypocrisy.

that handles the transport ACROSS state lines, but not the use of them or provision of them to the person.

That you complain about one and accept the other just because it suits your position shows your hypocrisy.
Nope. Mail is Federal.

You're going to pull them out of people's cars now? Are you going to tail pregnant women? WTF exactly are you going to enforce this with?

No, you prosecute the people who did it after the fact like any other crime.

Not the minor, the ones doing the transporting and arranging.

How is this any different than any other type of contributing to the delinquency of a minor?

Notice I said NOT the parents or guardians.

No, you prosecute the people who did it after the fact like any other crime.

Not the minor, the ones doing the transporting and arranging.

How is this any different than any other type of contributing to the delinquency of a minor?

Notice I said NOT the parents or guardians.
Undercover abortion narcs? Tipline for reporting people who had abortions? Will women have to register their pregnancies?

Nope. Mail is Federal.

Ever see those commercials "not allowed in States X,Y,Z"? That due to rules in the States.

Mail SERVICE is federal, they still have to follow the rules in their States for what they can and cannot deliver.

I can't order certain gun parts in NY that people in Texas can.

I am basically anti-abortion. I have also acknowledged some exceptions. In terms of absolutely pure logic, my position is not consistent. I acknowledge as much.

The AG of Alabama is likely to discover (I believe) that his legal opinion is wrong. I predict that the Federal Courts will reject his view on the matter.

Time, as always, will tell.

The party of small government strikes again. Persecuting people who facilitate women's freedom of travel is truly the best plan!

Alabama attorney general says he has right to prosecute people who facilitate travel for out-of-state abortions
Story by By Andy Rose, CNN • 10h

Alabama’s Republican attorney general said in a court filing that he has the right to prosecute people who make travel arrangements for pregnant women to have out-of-state abortions.

In a court filing Monday, attorneys for Attorney General Steve Marshall wrote that providing transportation for women in Alabama to leave the state to get an abortion could amount to a “criminal conspiracy.”

The court filing comes in response to lawsuits against Marshall that was filed in July from two women’s health centers and Yellowhammer Fund, an organization which says it provides “financial and practical support for those who are pregnant and require assistance.” The plaintiffs argue that Marshall violated their constitutional rights by publicly stating that organizations which help pregnant women in Alabama get an abortion out of state could be criminally investigated.
Great.

Put those murderers under the prison.

So your solution to so called murder is.....murder? You didn't think that through very well did you, boy?
Executing murderers as a punishment for murder isn’t murder, in the same way that prison isn’t kidnapping, and fines (usually) aren’t robbery.

Let me know what aspect of this you fail to understand.

Forum List

Back