Alabama attorney general says he has right to prosecute people who facilitate travel for out-of-state abortions

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021
The party of small government strikes again. Persecuting people who facilitate women's freedom of travel is truly the best plan!

Alabama attorney general says he has right to prosecute people who facilitate travel for out-of-state abortions
Story by By Andy Rose, CNN • 10h

Alabama’s Republican attorney general said in a court filing that he has the right to prosecute people who make travel arrangements for pregnant women to have out-of-state abortions.

In a court filing Monday, attorneys for Attorney General Steve Marshall wrote that providing transportation for women in Alabama to leave the state to get an abortion could amount to a “criminal conspiracy.”

The court filing comes in response to lawsuits against Marshall that was filed in July from two women’s health centers and Yellowhammer Fund, an organization which says it provides “financial and practical support for those who are pregnant and require assistance.” The plaintiffs argue that Marshall violated their constitutional rights by publicly stating that organizations which help pregnant women in Alabama get an abortion out of state could be criminally investigated.

But then in reality, he does not.

Maybe we can get a non gambling state to prosecute travel agents that arrange trips to Vegas also?
We can start nailing those dudes that go to Colorado to get stoned.

You see, THIS is why the GOP are losing support. Just as my Christian brothers and sisters have driven me away from the NT (among other reasons). What is going on?

I'd be really worried if I was a Democrat .. but did they really think they were the only ones that could start invasive/frivolous legal charges against their political opponents.

The party of small government strikes again. Persecuting people who facilitate women's freedom of travel is truly the best plan!

Story by By Andy Rose, CNN • 10h

Alabama’s Republican attorney general said in a court filing that he has the right to prosecute people who make travel arrangements for pregnant women to have out-of-state abortions.

In a court filing Monday, attorneys for Attorney General Steve Marshall wrote that providing transportation for women in Alabama to leave the state to get an abortion could amount to a “criminal conspiracy.”

The court filing comes in response to lawsuits against Marshall that was filed in July from two women’s health centers and Yellowhammer Fund, an organization which says it provides “financial and practical support for those who are pregnant and require assistance.” The plaintiffs argue that Marshall violated their constitutional rights by publicly stating that organizations which help pregnant women in Alabama get an abortion out of state could be criminally investigated.
Sounds like pregnant women will basically be under house arrest, forbidden to leave the state, if they do not plan to be under Alabama law in whatever state they go to.
I see no way this could make it past the U.S. Supreme Court. State law basically stops at the state line.

Sounds like pregnant women will basically be under house arrest, forbidden to leave the state, if they do not plan to be under Alabama law in whatever state they go to.
I see no way this could make it past the U.S. Supreme Court. State law basically stops at the state line.
Or maybe all those unmarried women having abortions (85% of all abortions) could keep their legs together.

Or maybe all those unmarried women having abortions (85% of all abortions) could keep their legs together.
Until you figure out how to keep people from having sex, you probably won't get your way on that, either. I am certain a fine moral person like you never had sex before your wedding night, if you were ever married, at all.

Until you figure out how to keep people from having sex, you probably won't get your way on that, either. I am certain a fine moral person like you never had sex before your wedding night, if you were ever married, at all.
Um, we actually did not have sex before marriage, but plenty since then in my 35 of marriage, but thanks for falsely surmising.

But the way you teach people to act morally is by teaching them Catholic moral principles in the schools from an early grade. Teach them not that sex outside marriage is wrong buy morally WHY. You also do it by getting the government to stop rewarding cohabitating couples financially.

To me, it's amazing the simplest solution to 90% of the world's problems is met by such opposition by the irreligious left.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back