Al Sharpton

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Did anyone see Al Sharpton on cable this weekend? It was an all black caucus and it seemed like everyone was there. Even the new head of the RNC, Michael Steele was there.

Al was great. Boy he knows how to make a point. Someone said, in response to the idea that now because they have a black president and a black runs the RNC, that there is no longer a need for an Al Sharpton anymore.

He said,

As for the RNC picking a black or the Dems picking a black president. He said, "We didn't fight to get one or two of us to the mountain top."

He's right. There is still racism. Inner city kids still get an inferior education, etc.

And in response to the idea that the democrats are the racist party and take blacks for granted. Al said, "people think blacks don't know what we are doing when we vote. let me explain something to them. democrat is not in our DNA. When Republicans freed the slaves, we were Republicans. When Democrats started helping us with civil rights and voting rights, we became Democrats"

I think what he was saying is, "what have you done for me lately"

"It was an all black caucus"

More accurately it was "The State Of The Black Union."

:lol:

Did anyone see Al Sharpton on cable this weekend? It was an all black caucus and it seemed like everyone was there. Even the new head of the RNC, Michael Steele was there.

Al was great. Boy he knows how to make a point. Someone said, in response to the idea that now because they have a black president and a black runs the RNC, that there is no longer a need for an Al Sharpton anymore.

He said,

As for the RNC picking a black or the Dems picking a black president. He said, "We didn't fight to get one or two of us to the mountain top."

He's right. There is still racism. Inner city kids still get an inferior education, etc.
And in response to the idea that the democrats are the racist party and take blacks for granted. Al said, "people think blacks don't know what we are doing when we vote. let me explain something to them. democrat is not in our DNA. When Republicans freed the slaves, we were Republicans. When Democrats started helping us with civil rights and voting rights, we became Democrats"

He is right,, there is still racism. and it all displayed proudly by the Democrats and Al Sharpton,, if "The State Of the Black Union." so much for being a united country hey?

Oh yea. Someone asked Al about "never imagining a black president".

Al said, "I never imagined a recession like this or that a president would lie us into a war for 6 plus years. So when people start seeing things they never saw before, it a makes them reach for things they never thought they'd reach for. In other words, if whitey didn't fuck up so bad, a lot of people wouldn't have given the black guy a chance.

So true. Just like we wouldn't have voted for GW Bush if times were bad. But because times were good, we didn't think GW could fuck it up that bad. We got greedy and thought we could have it that good PLUS get some tax breaks.

He said,

He is right,, there is still racism. and it all displayed proudly by the Democrats and Al Sharpton,, if "The State Of the Black Union." so much for being a united country hey?

Don't worry, I heard what you think when I listened to Rush this weekend.

Rush said that your party is not racist, you want everyone to succeed. And then scan across the audience and it was 100% white. LOL.

The Democrats have made it al about racism, all about black against white.. all about class warfare.. yep

He said,

Don't worry, I heard what you think when I listened to Rush this weekend.

Rush said that your party is not racist, you want everyone to succeed. And then scan across the audience and it was 100% white. LOL.

you've made it racial,, you've made it all about black against white.. you are wonderful just wonderful.

You are all aware, are you not, that even if this nation was entirely racism free, that the Blacks would continue to be on the bottom of the heap financially.

We live in a capitalist economy.

Hence a lack of capital will keep you poor.

And since Blacks are most deficient of capital, they will continue to be the people who have the hardest time of making it in America.

Obviously if we were racism free it might start to get better, but the pernicious effects of mot having enough money to invest in yourself and your life would continue to disadvantage the Blacks, depite that.

He said,

Why don't you break up the good old white boy network that runs your party.

Oh, just because you got one black guy to be the executive secretary doesn't mean anything.

That's like Ben Bernaeke or Alan Greenspan running the Fed. They run it. That doesn't mean they own it.

Democrats think that 100% of the American citizens own the country. This is our country. And we want it to serve all of us. And we won't let even 1% of our people starve, even if it is their fault. Even if it means we all pay a little higher in taxes to pay for welfare for these slackers, so be it.

Republicans think only they own this country. Them and everyone else who is richer than they are. And if you are broke today and rich tomorrow, you are welcome in the club. If you are broke tomorrow, then fuck you and die, it is your own fault, no matter what, there should be no safety net.

And if you are poor and not voting Republican, you are dumb. Because?????

You are all aware, are you not, that even if this nation was entirely racism free, that the Blacks would continue to be on the bottom of the heap financially.

And since Blacks are most deficient of capital, they will continue to be the people who have the hardest time of making it in America.

Obviously if we were racism free it might start to get better, but the pernicious effects of mot having enough money to invest in yourself and your life would continue to disadvantage the Blacks, depite that.

I'm so glad they played this right after Rush. Why is it that Willow keeps making it about race?

Al Sharpton doesn't care if you are black, white, latino. Its about poor vs rich, not race.

He said, until things are fair for everyone.

Big difference between him and Rush. Rush said every man for himself. Once you pop out your moms puss, you are on your own. That's what I got out of Rush's speech, besides the hacking coughing he did. Sickening!!

He said,

Oh, just because you got one black guy to be the executive secretary doesn't mean anything.

That's like Ben Bernaeke or Alan Greenspan running the Fed. They run it. That doesn't mean they own it.

Democrats think that 100% of the American citizens own the country. This is our country. And we want it to serve all of us. And we won't let even 1% of our people starve, even if it is their fault. Even if it means we all pay a little higher in taxes to pay for welfare for these slackers, so be it.

Republicans think only they own this country. Them and everyone else who is richer than they are. And if you are broke today and rich tomorrow, you are welcome in the club. If you are broke tomorrow, then fuck you and die, it is your own fault, no matter what, there should be no safety net.

why would I want to "break up white people'? doyathink?

Did anyone see Al Sharpton on cable this weekend?

On purpose?

I have a lot more respect for him after hearing him talk this weekend. Actually, he was on another show where a bunch of black actors were honoring him and he's kind of cool. He did the James Brown dance. LOL.

This is another issue where the rich whites have the poor whites hating Al when in fact, Al is on your side, not those rich white dudes.

To them, you are a n*#&# too. They just don't tell you that because they want your vote.

God Gays and Guns. Add racism to that list.

we will never be racism free the Congression Black Caucus, The State of The Black Union, The Democrts, and Al Sharpton will see to that.

why would I want to "break up white people'? doyathink?

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

we will never be racism free the Congression Black Caucus, The State of The Black Union, The Democrts, and Al Sharpton will see to that.

If racism didn't exist, there would be no need for them.

You'll know when racism is over. It'll be when 50% of blacks belong to the Republican party.

Did you know Tavis Smiley actually had the stupidity to ask Michael Steele how "he felts as a black man challenging the first african american president"

trying to same a black man

it will always be about racism with the Democrats. always

If racism didn't exist, there would be no need for them.

You'll know when racism is over. It'll be when 50% of blacks belong to the Republican party.

it will never be over,, you live for it lust for it thirst for it,, depend on it.. that's what makes you a DUmmy!

Did you know Tavis Smiley actually had the stupidity to ask Michael Steele how "he felts as a black man challenging the first african american president"

trying to same a black man

it will always be about racism with the Democrats. always

What the hell did you even say here? Boy, this has got your juices flowing. You wish a big mandingo would break in while your husbands at work, huh?

Forum List

Back