Gangs in Seattle

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
Gangs taking more Seattle kids

Police, parents and community leaders have heard it, too. In the past four months, three teenagers -- all with ties to the Central District -- have been shot to death in killings that police are increasingly attributing to gang violence. The most recent was 14-year-old De'Che Morrison, who bled to death behind a car in Rainier Valley on Thursday, shot in the abdomen.

The main suspect is a gang member who remains at large, police say.

On Tuesday, King County prosecutors charged another reputed gang member, Damario J. Dilliard, with second-degree murder for the ambush-style shooting death of 19-year-old Antwan Horton in August.

I'm going to take a wild guess here that these are young black men.

• Banned
Earlier this month, King County prosecutors filed murder charges against Israel Velasquez-Marquez in the shooting death of Wayne Molio'o on Sept. 9 at a Tukwila bus stop. The two were from rival gangs and simply happened to cross paths.

Also this month, Kent investigators were plagued with a series of robberies and assaults on young men and women attending impromptu street races. On Sept. 13, detectives arrested Michael Bienhoff, whose street name is Casper, in connection with one of those incidents.

Detectives take on gangs of Seattle

Going to guess that these individuals are hispanic, polynesian, and white.

Sounds to me like Seattle's gang problem, like the overall population, is a hybrid, mixed-race problem. Not uncommon, frankly.

And here is a nice site that has an overview of the black, white, latino, and Asian gangs in Seattle.

Hope that helps resolve the issue for Kitten and Godboy.

• Banned
Also, when you see gang names like: Sons of Samoa, Tongan Crip Gang, Tongan Family Crips, etc., it's pretty easy to guess the racial/ethnic composition of these particular gangs. There are some on the site linked above that are listed as cambodian gangs, but TRG, for instance (Tiny Rascals Gang), tends to be Viet in most places.

Hey, when society is failing to provide kids with a viable alternative lifestyle, gangsterism is there to give youth that opportunity the society is denying.

We cannot ALL escape poverty by becoming rocket scientists working for the corporations and government, folks.

The delusion that education is the solution to our every woe is evidenced by the fact that so many already educated people are struggling to make it in America.

The kids see this, and they realize (probably on some viseral level) that the game is rigged against them, just as it so obviously is rigged against their parents.

Young men, without hope make excellent candidates for gangsterism.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like Seattle's gang problem, like the overall population, is a hybrid, mixed-race problem. Not uncommon, frankly.

Listen, i live in Seattle, and i have never seen a white gang member nor have i ever even heard of one until this article, which claims,

"Though Bienhoff is white, police allege he is a member of the Crips."

Im not going to argue about the fact that this is "alleged" and not fact, but i will point out that even they admit with their own words the rarity of white gangbangers. This guy is the exception to the rule, if he wasnt the exception, they wouldnt start that sentence with "though Beinhoff is white".

I worked hip hop nights in downtown, and i never saw white gangbangers nor have i ever even heard of one. I called a friend of mine who is a long time club manager downtown and mentioned this discussion to him and he laughed at the thought of white gangbangers. They dont exist. The exceptions to the rule dont count.

You are painting a picture that gang activity in Seattle is a mix of races, based on 1 article which alleges there was 1 white gangmember. Its dishonest.

Listen, i dont care if there are white gang members. THAT doesnt bother me, but im not going to let people lie about white gang activity to other people on these boards who are not from Seattle. Its a preposterous claim and anyone familiar with downtown would know this.

I can find countless articles about black gang activity in Seattle, and many that are hispanic, but you cant produce the same number of articles about white gang activity, so quit pretending like its an equal mix of the races, because its not. If there are white gang members, they dont even make up 1% of all gang members.

Theres plenty of white bums in Seattle, so its not like white people can do no wrong in Seattle, but they arent gang members, and it annoys me to hear people make shit up thats untrue.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I worked hip hop nights in downtown, and i never saw white gangbangers nor have i ever even heard of one. I called a friend of mine who is a long time club manager downtown and mentioned this discussion to him and he laughed at the thought of white gangbangers. They dont exist. The exceptions to the rule dont count.

Are the two of you gang experts?

You are painting a picture that gang activity in Seattle is a mix of races, based on 1 article which alleges there was 1 white gangmember. Its dishonest.

Actually, your LAW ENFORCEMENT PROFESSIONALS are painting that picture.

Are the two of you gang experts?

Actually, your LAW ENFORCEMENT PROFESSIONALS are painting that picture.

1.) You dont need to be a gang expert to know if they exist. Thats and absurd statement and you are better then that. Unless you are saying that you have to be an expert to be aware of white gang members, which would only reinforce my arguement that they are non existant. As i recall, what started the debate about white gangsters in the first place, was KittenKoder's claim that 75% of all gang members in Seattle were white, which is an outright lie.

2.) Law enforcement officials are NOT painting that picture. Your article mentions a single white person, and alleges he might be a gang member. Thats hardly painting a picture of your supposed mixed race gangs in Seattle. Enough with the lies already. If you want to discuss this with me, you will be required to tell the truth, or ill be on my way.

I already said in the previous debate that there might be 1 or 2 white guys that are gang members, but that should be expected in a citty of millions of people. As i said before, the exceptions to the rule dont count. Thats why you call them exceptions.

Last edited:
There's a white gang in New York -- it's called the Mafia. But no law-abiding person is really afraid of the Mafia. In fact, they might even IMPROVE the safety of a neighborhood.

There are also Asian gangs, but they prey on other Asians.

1.) You dont need to be a gang expert to know if they exist. Thats and absurd statement and you are better then that. Unless you are saying that you have to be an expert to be aware of white gang members, which would only reinforce my arguement that they are non existant. As i recall, what started the debate about white gangsters in the first place, was KittenKoder's claim that 75% of all gang members in Seattle were white, which is an outright lie.

2.) Law enforcement officials are NOT painting that picture. Your article mentions a single white person, and alleges he might be a gang member. Thats hardly painting a picture of your supposed mixed race gangs in Seattle. Enough with the lies already. If you want to discuss this with me, you will be required to tell the truth, or ill be on my way.

I already said in the previous debate that there might be 1 or 2 white guys that are gang members, but that should be expected in a citty of millions of people. As i said before, the exceptions to the rule dont count. Thats why you call them exceptions.

Neither of you are right. Hope that makes it better. You are both EQUALLY WRONG.

Gangs taking more Seattle kids

Police, parents and community leaders have heard it, too. In the past four months, three teenagers -- all with ties to the Central District -- have been shot to death in killings that police are increasingly attributing to gang violence. The most recent was 14-year-old De'Che Morrison, who bled to death behind a car in Rainier Valley on Thursday, shot in the abdomen.

The main suspect is a gang member who remains at large, police say.

On Tuesday, King County prosecutors charged another reputed gang member, Damario J. Dilliard, with second-degree murder for the ambush-style shooting death of 19-year-old Antwan Horton in August.

I'm going to take a wild guess here that these are young black men.
I am sure there asian gangs also in Seattle. We have a gang problem here on the east side of the state also because of marijuana and they see Washington has a "free zone"!

I think they should round them all up and put them in a deep spiritual retreat that includes work for pay with the proceeds going to families of any of their victims. I think they ought to see their teacher, or priest, and have spiritual literature and training.

Hey, when society is failing to provide kids with a viable alternative lifestyle, gangsterism is there to give youth that opportunity the society is denying.

We cannot ALL escape poverty by becoming rocket scientists working for the corporations and government, folks.

The delusion that education is the solution to our every woe is evidenced by the fact that so many already educated people are struggling to make it in America.

The kids see this, and they realize (probably on some viseral level) that the game is rigged against them, just as it so obviously is rigged against their parents.

Young men, without hope make excellent candidates for gangsterism.

Education in and of itself is not the answer but it does provide a person with far more options for them to act upon. Education is also more than just facts and figures. It should also encompass social values, and this is where our present situation is failing. I'm not saying schools should have to teach social values, although there isn't any way to get around it to some degree. Social values have generally been left to the community but in our society there is a break down in that regard.
Young men without hope not only make excellent candidates for gangs. I've also seen them recruited for militant groups in the Middle East, Africa, Central and South America and elsewhere. They represent, by far, the greatest force for good or ill in the world. Our culture needs to provide them more opportunity to be a force for good.

You know as like a number of you in this forum thread i'm also from Seattle, and lived in a few places here in the northwest, and I agree that the whole gang mentality manifests itself in many ways regardless of race. I mean you can get on you tube and see videos of brawls from ranging from black and latino gangs wearing the blue and red bandannas, right on down to groups of white kids who meet up back in the back woods of Skagit County, for back yard bare knuckle brawls, becuase a kid from one group trash talked another. I totally agree with godboy that you won't really find a group of white guys in the sterotypical gangbanger look wearing the bandannas rolling through your local Northwest neighborhood Hip Hop concert, but the mentality is still there, it's just shows itself differently depending on where and how you look at it.

There are gangs of varying nationalities in Seattle. Some with mixed races depending on your geographical location or simply put 'your hood'. There are white gang members in Seattle. More than the one mentioned above. I have seen it with my own eyes. Does not matter who they run with, Crips, Bloods, AN, LK, Biker Gangs, etc., the fact is they exists. Whether they frequent a club in downtown Seattle or not does not mean they don't exist.

The majority of gangbangers may not be white. I can give you that. But just because you don't see them doesn't mean only the one or two of record exist. Attend a couple of funerals for gang related deaths and you will see the number is a lot higher than you expected.

I would venture there are white gangs in every city in America, just as there are Hispanic gangs and Black gangs. Saying that, there are some whites in the black gangs but a very small sample and in smaller cities that percentage may be bigger.

I live near a city of 15,000 and the racial makeup is vast majority white. They have gangs in town but they do not shoot each other like the big city gangs fight over turf. They do have fights and sell drugs and all that crap and a lot of that is hidden. The city does not want it known that they have a gang problem (bad for business) but it is there and if you talk to the people on the streets they will tell you it is there.

I think there is no doubt you have white gangs, but they operate differently than black gangs. It may be the culture or some other sociological issue that separates these gangs.

Forum List

Back