Gangs in Seattle

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by catzmeow, Mar 2, 2009.

1. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    Gangs taking more Seattle kids

I'm going to take a wild guess here that these are young black men.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    Detectives take on gangs of Seattle

Going to guess that these individuals are hispanic, polynesian, and white.

Sounds to me like Seattle's gang problem, like the overall population, is a hybrid, mixed-race problem. Not uncommon, frankly.

And here is a nice site that has an overview of the black, white, latino, and Asian gangs in Seattle.

Hope that helps resolve the issue for Kitten and Godboy.

3. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    Also, when you see gang names like: Sons of Samoa, Tongan Crip Gang, Tongan Family Crips, etc., it's pretty easy to guess the racial/ethnic composition of these particular gangs. There are some on the site linked above that are listed as cambodian gangs, but TRG, for instance (Tiny Rascals Gang), tends to be Viet in most places.

4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Hey, when society is failing to provide kids with a viable alternative lifestyle, gangsterism is there to give youth that opportunity the society is denying.

We cannot ALL escape poverty by becoming rocket scientists working for the corporations and government, folks.

The delusion that education is the solution to our every woe is evidenced by the fact that so many already educated people are struggling to make it in America.

The kids see this, and they realize (probably on some viseral level) that the game is rigged against them, just as it so obviously is rigged against their parents.

Young men, without hope make excellent candidates for gangsterism.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  5. Godboy

Godboy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,471
    Listen, i live in Seattle, and i have never seen a white gang member nor have i ever even heard of one until this article, which claims,

Im not going to argue about the fact that this is "alleged" and not fact, but i will point out that even they admit with their own words the rarity of white gangbangers. This guy is the exception to the rule, if he wasnt the exception, they wouldnt start that sentence with "though Beinhoff is white".

I worked hip hop nights in downtown, and i never saw white gangbangers nor have i ever even heard of one. I called a friend of mine who is a long time club manager downtown and mentioned this discussion to him and he laughed at the thought of white gangbangers. They dont exist. The exceptions to the rule dont count.

You are painting a picture that gang activity in Seattle is a mix of races, based on 1 article which alleges there was 1 white gangmember. Its dishonest.

Listen, i dont care if there are white gang members. THAT doesnt bother me, but im not going to let people lie about white gang activity to other people on these boards who are not from Seattle. Its a preposterous claim and anyone familiar with downtown would know this.

I can find countless articles about black gang activity in Seattle, and many that are hispanic, but you cant produce the same number of articles about white gang activity, so quit pretending like its an equal mix of the races, because its not. If there are white gang members, they dont even make up 1% of all gang members.

Theres plenty of white bums in Seattle, so its not like white people can do no wrong in Seattle, but they arent gang members, and it annoys me to hear people make shit up thats untrue.

6. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    Are the two of you gang experts?

Actually, your LAW ENFORCEMENT PROFESSIONALS are painting that picture.

7. Godboy

Godboy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,471
    1.) You dont need to be a gang expert to know if they exist. Thats and absurd statement and you are better then that. Unless you are saying that you have to be an expert to be aware of white gang members, which would only reinforce my arguement that they are non existant. As i recall, what started the debate about white gangsters in the first place, was KittenKoder's claim that 75% of all gang members in Seattle were white, which is an outright lie.

2.) Law enforcement officials are NOT painting that picture. Your article mentions a single white person, and alleges he might be a gang member. Thats hardly painting a picture of your supposed mixed race gangs in Seattle. Enough with the lies already. If you want to discuss this with me, you will be required to tell the truth, or ill be on my way.

I already said in the previous debate that there might be 1 or 2 white guys that are gang members, but that should be expected in a citty of millions of people. As i said before, the exceptions to the rule dont count. Thats why you call them exceptions.

8. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    There's a white gang in New York -- it's called the Mafia. But no law-abiding person is really afraid of the Mafia. In fact, they might even IMPROVE the safety of a neighborhood.

There are also Asian gangs, but they prey on other Asians.

9. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    white gangs: aryans...hello people..aryans....are a gang..and white...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    biker gangs?