Al-Qaeda-Linked Groups Desecrate Churches In Syria

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Can you imagine what would happen if these Islamists took over in Syria? Basically the Christians and Muslims got along with each other, but the Islamists will spoil it for both groups.

Al-Qaeda-Linked Groups Desecrate Churches In Syria

By Al-Shorfa

January 11, 2014

By Waleed Abu al-Khair

For more than a year, Syrian churches in areas under the control of al-Qaeda-linked groups such as the “Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant” (ISIL) have been attacked and desecrated, in a growing phenomenon condemned by Christians and Muslims alike as alien to Syrian society.

An ISIL field commander in Aleppo going by the name Abu Abdullah said in December that his group seeks to ban the building of churches and the raising of the cross, and to use churches for other purposes, Lebanon’s El-Nashra news website reported.

The ISIL commander said Christians should instead abide by the group’s own interpretation of Sharia law.

Continue reading at:

http://www.eurasiareview.com/110120...ign=Feed:+eurasiareview/VsnE+(Eurasia+Review)

Al Qaeda 'disowns' affiliate fighting in Syria...

Al Qaeda 'disowns' affiliate, blaming it for disaster in Syria
Mon February 3, 2014 ~ Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant has been fighting other Islamist groups; Statement on jihadist forums blames group for "enormity of the disaster"; Observers say infighting has played into al-Assad regime's hands
Al Qaeda appears to have had enough of one of its affiliates fighting in Syria: the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant. The group has been locked in conflict with other Islamist factions and gained a grim reputation for abuses in parts of Syria it controls, including summary executions and mass killings. A statement posted on jihadist forums Sunday and purportedly issued by al Qaeda's General Command said "it has no connection with the group" and blamed it for "the enormity of the disaster that afflicted the Jihad in Syria." The al Qaeda statement, translated by the SITE Intelligence Group, follows more than a month of intense factional fighting between the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant with other Islamist groups in northern and eastern Syria. The Syrian Observatory of Human Rights says it has documented 1,747 people killed in the past four weeks alone but suspects that the real number is substantially higher.

In recent days, the Islamic State has targeted senior figures in other groups. On Sunday, two senior rebel leaders were killed near Aleppo - along with 14 others - when an Islamic State member who was supposedly conducting truce negotiations with them blew himself up, according to the Observatory. The previous day, Islamic State fighters assassinated Abu Hussein al Dik, a senior commander in the powerful Suqour al Sham brigade, near the city of Hama. Observers say the internecine fighting has played into the Bashar al-Assad regime's hands, distracting other Islamist factions from their campaign against the Syrian military.

It seems that al Qaeda's political leadership has signed off on the latest statement disowning the Islamic State. Its publication by As-Sahab, the organization's official media wing, gives it considerable weight. Laith Alkhouri, senior analyst at Flashpoint Partners, a U.S.-based group that analyzes jihadi pronouncements, says the statement is "straight to the point and one that leaves no room for doubt: 'ISIL does not represent us!' "The statement indicated that al Qaeda was never consulted or informed about the establishment of such a group and plainly said there is no organizational connection or link" between them, Alkhouri said.

From the U.S. point of view, al Qaeda's move to cut ties to the group is "unprecedented" in recent history, according to a U.S. official directly familiar with the latest intelligence analysis. He notes that this year, al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri ordered the Islamic State to defer to another affiliate, the al-Nusra Front, as the main al Qaeda organization inside Syria. "We haven't seen this kind of disobedience before. It's a strategic affront" to Zawahiri and al Qaeda, the official says. The official notes that Zawahiri has consistently been trying to prove his own importance and relevance to the organization, but this latest statement appears to go beyond that effort to control a rising affiliate. Zawahiri's exasperation with the Islamic State is well-known. The bad blood between the groups goes back nearly a year. In April, the Islamic State's leader, Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, suddenly announced its expansion from Iraq into Syria and declared that it was absorbing the al-Nusra Front, which had by then become one of the most effective fighting forces against the Syrian regime.

MORE

Important lesson for the day----ALEPPO ---just happens to be
*******NINEVEH***********

Sherri----the scholar of the bible will explain the importance of
NINEVEH (in the words of -----"jesus" who wrote the bible)

Sherri---scholar of the bible----OVER TO YOU!!!!!!!!

(for the record---the book of jonah is read in
synagogues on Yom Kippur day------is that factoid
not interesting? Don't tell sherri---she does not like
barbaric customs)

Man oh man this is a dog's breakfast. Washington and the White House can huff and puff and attempt to blow Assad's house down, but whether anyone likes it or not, Assad has protected Christians in Syria.

And this is not an "Arab Spring".

I can't believe the whack jobs like McCain screaming for the removal of Assad just to hand Syria over to radical Islamists on a silver platter.

Check this out.

Syria
Syrian Christian Leaders Call On U.S. To End Support For Anti-Assad Rebel

The stories told by five top Syrian Christian leaders about the horrors their churches are experiencing at the hands of Islamist extremists are biblical in their brutality.

Bishop Elias Toumeh, representative of the Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Antioch and All the East, tells of the funeral he led ten days ago for the headless body of one of his parishioners in Marmarita.

Rev. Adeeb Awad, vice moderator of the National Evangelical Synod of Syria and Lebanon, explains how the rebels blew up his church and then pointed the finger at the regime.

Bishop Armash Nalbandian, primate of the Armenian Church of Damascus, says he
received word on Facebook from a fellow bishop in Aleppo that two congregants were traveling when opposition fighters stopped their bus, made them present their Armenian IDs, and then took them away.

The fighters, Nalbandian recounts, returned to the fellow passengers a few hours later with a box, which they said were cakes. Inside were the two Armenian heads.

The bishops’ stories are difficult to independently verify, and the war’s death toll goes far beyond just Christian communities in Syria–more than 130,000 people have been killed since the fighting began, and at least two million others have fled the country.

But they are emerging as part of a concerted push by Syrian Christians to get the U.S. to stop its support for rebel groups fighting Syrian president Bashar al Assad.

“The US must change its politics and must choose the way of diplomacy and dialogue, not supporting rebels and calling them freedom fighters,” says Nalbandian.

Syrian Christians Ask US Washington to End Support For Rebels | TIME.com

Dancer is right-----she has described the time honored SYSTEM----
in use for the past 1400 years. We will "protect you" --whilst
we rape and pillage----OVER THERE-------only if you support us----
until we start raping and pillaging in YOUR BACKYARD. And now
we know who "dancer" is

irosie wrote: Important lesson for the day----ALEPPO ---just happens to be

Nineveh was the city the Lord sent Jonah to...

... to tell `em to repent...

... but Jonah hopped a boat to get away from the presence of the Lord...

... an' was swallowed by a big ol' fish...

... before he came to his senses...

... an' then went to Nineveh like he was told...

... an' told `em to repent...

... an' dey did.

Moral of the story: When the good Lord tells ya to do somethin' - do it.
:redface:

irosie wrote: Important lesson for the day----ALEPPO ---just happens to be

Nineveh was the city the Lord sent Jonah to...

... to tell `em to repent...

... but Jonah hopped a boat to get away from the presence of the Lord...

... an' was swallowed by a big ol' fish...

... before he came to his senses...

... an' then went to Nineveh like he was told...

... an' told `em to repent...

... an' dey did.

Moral of the story: When the good Lord tells ya to do somethin' - do it.
:redface:

actually ---the traditional reason -----is kinda interesting in light
of what is going on today. In the story---Jonah is a jew----and
Nineveh is a city ------run by enemies of israel. -----in that periodically
they used to be involved with battles against each other---(sorta)

The issue is ---Jonah is told---"they are so rotten in Nineveh---
that the city will be destroyed---go warn them" Job thinks--
"why the hell should I warn them---let them go to hell"

the moral to the story is supposed to be a bit mystical----
----EVEN NINEVEH and ITS PEOPLE ARE VALUABLE---
AND PLAY A ROLE IN THE COSMOS---and destruction is
always ......bad

(PS i am not arguing for intervention----just bringing
up an interesting point ......aleppo is nineveh---it really is)

Al Qaeda 'disowns' affiliate fighting in Syria...

Al Qaeda 'disowns' affiliate, blaming it for disaster in Syria
Mon February 3, 2014 ~ Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant has been fighting other Islamist groups; Statement on jihadist forums blames group for "enormity of the disaster"; Observers say infighting has played into al-Assad regime's hands
Al Qaeda appears to have had enough of one of its affiliates fighting in Syria: the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant. The group has been locked in conflict with other Islamist factions and gained a grim reputation for abuses in parts of Syria it controls, including summary executions and mass killings. A statement posted on jihadist forums Sunday and purportedly issued by al Qaeda's General Command said "it has no connection with the group" and blamed it for "the enormity of the disaster that afflicted the Jihad in Syria." The al Qaeda statement, translated by the SITE Intelligence Group, follows more than a month of intense factional fighting between the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant with other Islamist groups in northern and eastern Syria. The Syrian Observatory of Human Rights says it has documented 1,747 people killed in the past four weeks alone but suspects that the real number is substantially higher.

In recent days, the Islamic State has targeted senior figures in other groups. On Sunday, two senior rebel leaders were killed near Aleppo - along with 14 others - when an Islamic State member who was supposedly conducting truce negotiations with them blew himself up, according to the Observatory. The previous day, Islamic State fighters assassinated Abu Hussein al Dik, a senior commander in the powerful Suqour al Sham brigade, near the city of Hama. Observers say the internecine fighting has played into the Bashar al-Assad regime's hands, distracting other Islamist factions from their campaign against the Syrian military.

It seems that al Qaeda's political leadership has signed off on the latest statement disowning the Islamic State. Its publication by As-Sahab, the organization's official media wing, gives it considerable weight. Laith Alkhouri, senior analyst at Flashpoint Partners, a U.S.-based group that analyzes jihadi pronouncements, says the statement is "straight to the point and one that leaves no room for doubt: 'ISIL does not represent us!' "The statement indicated that al Qaeda was never consulted or informed about the establishment of such a group and plainly said there is no organizational connection or link" between them, Alkhouri said.

From the U.S. point of view, al Qaeda's move to cut ties to the group is "unprecedented" in recent history, according to a U.S. official directly familiar with the latest intelligence analysis. He notes that this year, al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri ordered the Islamic State to defer to another affiliate, the al-Nusra Front, as the main al Qaeda organization inside Syria. "We haven't seen this kind of disobedience before. It's a strategic affront" to Zawahiri and al Qaeda, the official says. The official notes that Zawahiri has consistently been trying to prove his own importance and relevance to the organization, but this latest statement appears to go beyond that effort to control a rising affiliate. Zawahiri's exasperation with the Islamic State is well-known. The bad blood between the groups goes back nearly a year. In April, the Islamic State's leader, Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, suddenly announced its expansion from Iraq into Syria and declared that it was absorbing the al-Nusra Front, which had by then become one of the most effective fighting forces against the Syrian regime.

MORE

after syria, disrupting the FSA opposition forces, and shaming the non-Assad forces in the face of the world, they want to take the fighting to Israel.

First the saturday then the sunday... right not it easier for them to do the other way around, for the moment.
then they will like go after the "other" friday people.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mda4h1YGMM0]Charles Clément Boniface Ozdemir, AKA Father Samuel ICLA speech July 9 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

we know who "dancer" is

What are you babbling about?

I'm not thrilled with Assad, but that said he sure as hell wins in a heartbeat over Al Qaeda and the so called rebels aka mercenaries.

So who am I?

Any moron should be able to see that at least Assad has protected Christians. AND now Christian Clergy in Syria are calling on America to stop their support of these fake rebels.

Now from your post, should I assume you then back Al Qaeda and paid mercenaries aka fake rebels? Are you happy with them taking over Syria after they remove Assad from power?

I can't wait for your reply.

Last edited:
I'm not thrilled with Assad, but that said he sure as hell wins in a heartbeat over Al Qaeda and the so called rebels aka mercenaries.

Exactly why al qaida is there and as horrific for the camera as they are.

we know who "dancer" is

So who am I?

Any moron should be able to see that at least Assad has protected Christians. AND now Christian Clergy in Syria are calling on America to stop their support of these fake rebels.

Now from your post, should I assume you then back Al Qaeda and paid mercenaries aka fake rebels? Are you happy with them taking over Syria after they remove Assad from power?

I'm sure Irosie is not on either side. The general consensus is to let them both nibble away at one another.

dancer

what are you babbling about?

I'm not thrilled with assad, but that said he sure as hell wins in a heartbeat over al qaeda and the so called rebels aka mercenaries.

So who am i?

Any moron should be able to see that at least assad has protected christians. And now

christian clergy in syria are calling on america to stop their support of these fake rebels.

Now from your post, should i assume you then back al qaeda and paid mercenaries aka fake rebels? Are you happy with them taking over syria after they remove assad from power?

You assume quite a bit-----i have my information about christians
in syria from christians who fled syria long before this current
bloodfest --------and my general information from all kinds
of "protected" populations under the glorious islamic rule
shariah cesspits and baathist crap ---(read that sadaam
and assad----and even to some extent nasser)

i also have a very good grasp of the choice between two
evils which christians in syria now face.------and understand that
assad could be better than the several other options of this
or that filth.

You made no point------i support neither side. The best option
would be a general air lift of christians out of there. As to the
fighting between this or that group of muslims-----what else is new?---
whenever it happens------the minority groups also get hell and there
is nothing that the civilized world can do about it

only a moron would support assad-----only a moron imagines
that there are just two sides fighting over there-----and one will
"win" and the other will "lose"-----everyone will lose --the minority
groups most of all

i can't wait for your reply.
i'm sure irosie is not on either side. The general consensus is to let them both nibble away at one another.

we know who "dancer" is

So who am I?

I'm sure Irosie is not on either side. The general consensus is to let them both nibble away at one another.

I'm being straight up that I didn't like her insinuation that I could support anyone raping and pillaging.

Read her post again.

we know who "dancer" is

:eusa_angel: No big smurf.

Look I am no fan of Assad, but considering the alternatives he comes off as a champ.

And what I truly find disturbing is that until the information about AQ's infiltration into Syria and taking over rebel groups came out in the Daily Mail in Britain, the President and his minions like John McCain were gung ho to completely support paid mercenaries and train them in Jordan and they knew that at the same time they were supplying arms to the faux rebels that the arms went directly to the hands of AQ.

Hell's bells Obama et al were desperate to get rid of Assad at any cost so Qatar and Saudi Arabia could get their pipeline (not sure if you know about that aspect of it but it's not a conspiracy theory; it's the real deal).

This has been no Arab Spring.

Hell's bells Obama et al were desperate to get rid of Assad at any cost so Qatar and Saudi Arabia could get their pipeline (not sure if you know about that aspect of it but it's not a conspiracy theory; it's the real deal).

sure sure dancer------tell us MORE baathist bullshit

So who am I?

I'm being straight up that I didn't like her insinuation that I could support anyone raping and pillaging.

Read her post again.

we know who "dancer" is

Look I am no fan of Assad, but considering the alternatives he comes off as a champ.

And what I truly find disturbing is that until the information about AQ's infiltration into Syria and taking over rebel groups came out in the Daily Mail in Britain, the President and his minions like John McCain were gung ho to completely support paid mercenaries and train them in Jordan and they knew that at the same time they were supplying arms to the faux rebels that the arms went directly to the hands of AQ.

Well, it's for sure that I think Obambam is on the side of the Muslims. Both sides probably 'cause he wouldn't pick a loser.

Read her post again.

we know who "dancer" is

Well, it's for sure that I think Obambam is on the side of the Muslims. Both sides probably 'cause he wouldn't pick a loser.

Morsi didn't work out too well for him did he?

:lol:

Last edited:

sure sure dancer------tell us MORE baathist bullshit

I have no idea why you are blathering on about Ba'athist bullshit. I never lie and I always back up what I claim.

But my oh my. It is obvious that you are truly ignorant in the classical sense. Well, I guess it's time to school you.

First off the two links to the media that I will give you are considered top notch;both left leaning albeit but have excellent journalists and investigators.

One is the Guardian UK the other is AFP.

Agence France-Presse

Agence France-Presse (AFP) is a French news agency, the oldest one in the world, and one of the three largest with Associated Press and Reuters.

It is also the largest French news agency. Currently, its CEO is Emmanuel Hoog and its news director Philippe Massonnet. AFP is headquartered in Paris, with regional offices in Nicosia, Montevideo, Hong Kong, and Washington, D.C., and bureaux in 150 countries.

It transmits news in French, English, Arabic, Spanish, German, and Portuguese.

Agence France-Presse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AND

The Guardian

Type Daily newspaper
Format Berliner
Owner(s) Guardian Media Group
Publisher Guardian News and Media
Editor Alan Rusbridger
Opinion editor Mark Henry
Founded 1821 by John Edward Taylor as The Manchester Guardian
Political alignment Centre-left,[1] Liberal
The Guardian is a British national daily newspaper. Founded in 1821, it was known as The Manchester Guardian until 1959. From its beginnings as a local paper it has grown into a national paper associated with a complex organisational structure and an international multimedia and web presence. The Guardian is currently edited by Alan Rusbridger. Its sister papers include The Observer (a British Sunday paper) and The Guardian Weekly. It has two online outlets based outside the United Kingdom, Guardian Australia and Guardian US.

So both media outlets are highly regarded and excel in their journalistic endeavors. Understand?

These are not conspiracy websites; neither are they blogs or forums.

Here we go. Read and learn what Syria is truly about. And always remember, follow the money. And trust me there a billions at stake over Syria.

First up AFP's article. Lays it all out.

In 2009, Assad refused to sign an agreement with Qatar for an overland pipeline running from the Gulf to Europe via Syria to protect the interests of its Russian ally, which is Europe's top supplied of natural gas.

An Arab diplomat with contacts in Moscow said: "President Putin listened politely to his interlocutor and let him know that his country would not change its strategy."

"Bandar bin Sultan then let the Russians know that the only option left in Syria was military and that they should forget about Geneva because the opposition would not attend."

Russia and the United States have been trying for months to organise an international peace conference between Assad's regime and the opposition to take place in Geneva, but so far to no avail.

Asked about the Putin-Bandar meeting, a Syrian politician said: "As was the case before with Qatar and Lavrov (in talks), Saudi Arabia thinks that politics is a simple matter of buying people or countries. It doesn't understand that Russia is a major power and that this is not how it draws up policy."

"Syria and Russia have had close ties for over half a century in all fields and it's not Saudi rials that will change this fact," he added.

The meeting between Bandar and Putin came amid tension between Moscow and Riyadh over the conflict in Syria, as Russia has accused the Saudis of "financing and arming terrorists and extremist groups" in the war which has killed more than 100,000 people since March 2011.

While there was no official reaction to the meeting, Russian experts also said Putin had apparently turned down the Saudi offer.

According to military expert Alexander Goltz from online opposition newspaper Ejednevny, "such an agreement seems extremely improbable."

"Support for Assad is a matter of principle for Vladimir Putin," he said. "Even the bait of $15 billion, a huge sum that represents two years' turnover for Rosoboronexport (Russia's arms exporting agency), will have no effect."

Independent security expert Andrei Soldatov, who runs the Agentura.ru website said: "This disinformation is aimed more at destabilising Assad and his entourage.

"Assad's position is growing stronger and stronger, and the Kremlin knows this. Turning against them in this situation would be very stupid ... And don't forget that in general the Saudis take years to keep their promises.

More at link:
AFP: Moscow rejects Saudi offer to drop Assad for arms deal

AND from the Guardian:

These strategic concerns, motivated by fear of expanding Iranian influence, impacted Syria primarily in relation to pipeline geopolitics.

In 2009 - the same year former French foreign minister Dumas alleges the British began planning operations in Syria -

Assad refused to sign a proposed agreement with Qatar that would run a pipeline from the latter's North field, contiguous with Iran's South Pars field, through Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria and on to Turkey, with a view to supply European markets - albeit crucially bypassing Russia. Assad's rationale was "to protect the interests of [his] Russian ally, which is Europe's top supplier of natural gas."

Instead, the following year, Assad pursued negotiations for an alternative $10 billion pipeline plan with Iran, across Iraq to Syria, that would also potentially allow Iran to supply gas to Europe from its South Pars field shared with Qatar.

The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the project was signed in July 2012 - just as Syria's civil war was spreading to Damascus and Aleppo - and earlier this year Iraq signed a framework agreement for construction of the gas pipelines.

The Iran-Iraq-Syria pipeline plan was a "direct slap in the face" to Qatar's plans. No wonder Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan, in a failed attempt to bribe Russia to switch sides, told President Vladmir Putin that "whatever regime comes after" Assad, it will be "completely" in Saudi Arabia's hands and will "not sign any agreement allowing any Gulf country to transport its gas across Syria to Europe and compete with Russian gas exports", according to diplomatic sources. When Putin refused, the Prince vowed military action.

Syria intervention plans fuelled by oil interests, not chemical weapon concerns | Nafeez Ahmed | Environment | theguardian.com

And here was the proposed pipeline route that Assad rejected and why Saudi Arabia and Qatar have been supporting the terrorist attacks against Syria.

It is NOT an Arab Spring. If you truly want to learn about why Syria is under attack from Saudi Arabia and Qatar, well the information is out there. I've barely given you the tip of the iceberg. If you concentrate on oil websites you will get first hand confirmation about this pipeline.

syria-qatar-pipeline.jpg

Qatar supports the Syrian conflict to build a pipeline through Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Syria.

Crude Oil and the Syrian Conflict

Here endeth the lesson :eusa_angel:

Thanks for the BAATHIST bullsh*t --- its nothing new--------arab/meccaist imperialism
and revisionist history had been going on for 1400 years -------and teutonic/roman
imperialism and revisionist history-----even longer. That the two have formed an
AXIS should surprise no one

Forum List

Back