Akin still in the race according to PPP poll

Wow, I guess repeating something you heard from a Dr. is enough to get you shellacked by the opposition, huh? I mean, forget about the fact that there is a medical debate still going on as to the validity of the statement, even if Akin paraphrased that statement in a poor way.

Conjured controversy, a staple of the Left.

First, he should have actually researched it before blurting something out.

Second, he shouldn't be out there trying to get the government in the business of regulating women's genitalia to start with...

I find it amusing you call yourself a libertarian, and yet you think the government should be involved in this kind of intrusiveness.

"I believe in government small enough to fit in a woman's Uterus!"

1.) Oops... Is 'blurting' now punishable by death?

2.) Agreed...

3.) I don't think I said that, could you show me where I said that? TYVM...

Where has anyone suggested the death penalty for Akin? They've just suggested that he's too stupid to hold public office.

First, he should have actually researched it before blurting something out.

Second, he shouldn't be out there trying to get the government in the business of regulating women's genitalia to start with...

I find it amusing you call yourself a libertarian, and yet you think the government should be involved in this kind of intrusiveness.

"I believe in government small enough to fit in a woman's Uterus!"

2.) Agreed...

Where has anyone suggested the death penalty for Akin? They've just suggested that he's too stupid to hold public office.

Just highlighting the absurdity of it all, Joe.

Death, in this case, was a figurative word, not a literal one. I'm not surprised that you couldn't discern the difference, though...

ETA: I notice that you totally ignored my request that you back up your accusation... See that #3 up there?? Give it a shot, Joe, or retract the accusation.

Last edited:

2.) Agreed...

Death, in this case, was a figurative word, not a literal one. I'm not surprised that you couldn't discern the difference, though...

Figuratively, it doesn't work, either.

The worst thing that is going to happen to Akin is he won't win his election, because he has views that are so insane, he shouldn't hold public office.

That's actually kind of how it should work.

Are you really so dense as to not understand the TITLE? Does "Controversial Medical Opinion" appear in a foreign language on your computer screen?

I'm not saying it is right or wrong, and I've already said that it was paraphrased poorly, but at least I'm open-minded enough to accept the idea that this "Controversial Medical Opinion" has both proponents and opponents.

You seem to want to shut down any debate of the idea simply because it doesn't comport to your absolutist worldview.

Talk about looking dumb...

There's nothing controversial about it. It's just plain dumb and just plain wrong. Anybody running to the defense of this twit candidate should be laughed at and shamed.

Says the wrestling fan with the absolutist worldview...

1) I'm not a wrestling fan. It's an inside joke.

2) Yes, when it comes to Akin's comments, I am an absolutist. There is absolutely no way for a woman's reproductive organs to "shut down" a pregnancy (I can't believe I'm having this conversation). I'll take science fact over conservative fantasy any day of the week.

The worst thing that is going to happen to Akin is he won't win his election, because he has views that are so insane, he shouldn't hold public office.

What happened Joe, you miss my edit?

Or just ignore it?

Or just ignore it?

If you didn't get it the first time, I'm not going back to look.

Or just ignore it?

Akin will win because the folks of Missouri want McCaskill out.

Here, let me help you out, Joe...

JoeB said:

GuyPinestra said:

GuyPinestra said:
ETA: I notice that you totally ignored my request that you back up your accusation... See that #3 up there?? Give it a shot, Joe, or retract the accusation.

JoeB said:

GuyPinestra said:

GuyPinestra said:

Whatever, guy, you support people who want to take away a woman's right to choose..

What you personally believe this week is irrelevent.

JoeB said:

GuyPinestra said:

Whatever, guy, you support people who want to take away a woman's right to choose..

What you personally believe this week is irrelevent.

You're wrong again, Joe, it's becoming a habit with you.

Choose death or choose life, it's the choice God has put in front of us from the beginning.

I personally believe that abortion is murder, because I believe in God who says...
God Almighty said:
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..."

I also personally believe that whatever a free human being does will be called to account at the time of judgment, and that judgment is between that free human being and God.

I cannot and should not try to impose my morality on anyone else, and neither should you.

Personal freedom, personal responsibility. What a concept, huh?

Good to see Akin doing well. He'd be the perfect man to represent the War on Women.

You don't need any help, your victimization of yourself, as sad and pathetic as it is, doesn't need help from anyone. You have it covered. I think you're a person affected by all issues, you think you're a vagina and only issues related to it concern you. And you say Republicans are the ones waging the war.

Guy, when you start talking to me about your Imaginary Friend in the Sky, the conversation is kind of over.

I'm not big on religion, but you seem like someone who could use some guidance in your life.

Guy, when you start talking to me about your Imaginary Friend in the Sky, the conversation is kind of over.

So your bigotry and hatred makes it impossible for you to communicate with over 90% of the world's population?

Must be pretty lonely in that closet, Joe...

So your bigotry and hatred makes it impossible for you to communicate with over 90% of the world's population?

No, most of that 90% don't think every conversation is an excuse to bring in whatever fairy tales they believe in...

What I've found is that religous people use religion to justify their own bad behavior.

Case in point. Abortion- there's not one verse in the bible that says anything about abortion, one way or the other. But people will insist that it's wrong on religious grounds. The bible didn't consider fetuses to be people. If you got pregnant out of wedlock, they killed you and your fetus.

My view to abortion is pragmatic. The left will go on about rape and incest and the right goes on about partial birth abortions, and all those combined are less than 1% of all abortions performed. The vast majority are performed on healthy women in the first trimester, and outlawing it would be impractical because unless you are going to put the lady under house arrest, there's not much you can do to stop her.

So if you really want to reduce the number of abortions, there are practical ways of doing so, not a one of which involves waiving a 2000 year old book of fairy tales in someone's face.

No, most of that 90% don't think every conversation is an excuse to bring in whatever fairy tales they believe in...

What I've found is that religous people use religion to justify their own bad behavior.

Case in point. Abortion- there's not one verse in the bible that says anything about abortion, one way or the other. But people will insist that it's wrong on religious grounds. The bible didn't consider fetuses to be people. If you got pregnant out of wedlock, they killed you and your fetus.

My view to abortion is pragmatic. The left will go on about rape and incest and the right goes on about partial birth abortions, and all those combined are less than 1% of all abortions performed. The vast majority are performed on healthy women in the first trimester, and outlawing it would be impractical because unless you are going to put the lady under house arrest, there's not much you can do to stop her.

So if you really want to reduce the number of abortions, there are practical ways of doing so, not a one of which involves waiving a 2000 year old book of fairy tales in someone's face.

So tell me Joe, what part of this...
GuyPinestra said:
I cannot and should not try to impose my morality on anyone else, and neither should you.

...did you not understand?

Go Akin! Why should he step out because the leaders of his party tell him too? They have zero business telling each other what to do. Z E R O.

So tell me Joe, what part of this...
GuyPinestra said:

...did you not understand?

And when the rest of the Religious Right starts following your sage advice, that will be progress.

Aren't you bitching at the wrong guy, then. because frankly, I stopped reading when you started talking about your imaginary friend.

Good to see Akin doing well. He'd be the perfect man to represent the War on Women.

You don't need any help, your victimization of yourself, as sad and pathetic as it is, doesn't need help from anyone. You have it covered. I think you're a person affected by all issues, you think you're a vagina and only issues related to it concern you. And you say Republicans are the ones waging the war.

He's your albatross; wear it closely if that's what you think. I couldn't be happier if he won the seat in Missouri. The Senate will be deadlocked as usual and nothing will get done yet again. When Obama appoints his replacements to the court, I'm sure the GOP will be there to block whomever is nominated thus validating the obstructionism that has come to describe the GOP so well.

Forum List

Back