Air Force's new Gorgon Drone "can see everything"

The wingnut really does think that aviation is the greatest invention ever!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Even funnier, he doesn't know that aviation was generously funded by our government

My point, as I said in that post, WAS THAT THE PRIVATE SECTOR INVENTED, AND BIRTHED MAN IN FLIGHT, AND THE AVIATION INDUSTRY.

Care to refute the actual points now sheep? Or are we gonna practice more sore loser deflection?:lol::lol::lol:

Aey Sangha sheep, HOW BOUT THE INVENTION OF THE CAR AND HENRY FORD?

What's your statist lie for that?:lol:

Refute my points LIKE AN ENTIRE STATE NEEDING BAILOUT FROM THE PRIVATE SECTOR, ETC. OR ADMIT YOU'RE PWNED SHEEP.:lol:

Don't run now Sangha sheep. Your desperate, deflecting self was just gettin amusing to me.:lol::lol::lol:

Subbing craziness and lies for facts, and dodging always makes for good evening comedy. Keep it up statist.:lol:

Is this thread about the new Chris Hansen drone?

ChrisHansen.jpeg.jpg

The wingnut really does think that aviation is the greatest invention ever!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Even funnier, he doesn't know that aviation was generously funded by our government

My point, as I said in that post, WAS THAT THE PRIVATE SECTOR INVENTED, AND BIRTHED MAN IN FLIGHT, AND THE AVIATION INDUSTRY.

Care to refute the actual points now sheep? Or are we gonna practice more sore loser deflection?:lol::lol::lol:

Your "actual point" is nothing but bullshit. The Wright Bros did not create an aviation industry. They didn't even invent the first flight by man.

The govt created the aviation industry. WWI was the main catalyst for the govts funding the creation of an aviation industry

Refute my points LIKE AN ENTIRE STATE NEEDING BAILOUT FROM THE PRIVATE SECTOR, ETC. OR ADMIT YOU'RE PWNED SHEEP.:lol:

Are you giving up on aviation?

Or are you just too ADD to stick to one subject at a time?

Your "actual point" is nothing but bullshit. The Wright Bros did not create an aviation industry. They didn't even invent the first flight by man.

The govt created the aviation industry. WWI was the main catalyst for the govts funding the creation of an aviation industry

Actually that would be WWII, you fuckin moron. As there were airlines, commercial, local, etc after WWII, NOT WWI.

STILL DODGING MY POINT THAT 2 PRIVATE CITIZENS FROM NORTH CAROLINA WERE THE 1ST HUMANS TO FLY, THEY BIRTHED HUMANS IN FLIGHT, NO THE GOVERNMENT.

And now you're gonna lie and try to deny basic history?:cuckoo::lol:

Looks like someone's lil precious statist world has been shattered.:lol:

Are you giving up on aviation?

Or are you just too ADD to stick to one subject at a time?

Just multi pwning you. So? Like I said, we're all waiting on your next statist lie for the car.............

Actually that would be WWII, you fuckin moron. As there were airlines, commercial, local, etc after WWII, NOT WWI.

STILL DODGING MY POINT THAT 2 PRIVATE CITIZENS FROM NORTH CAROLINA WERE THE 1ST HUMANS TO FLY, THEY BIRTHED HUMANS IN FLIGHT, NO THE GOVERNMENT.

um, you have your timeline wrong
Trans World Airlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TWA started in the 1930's

Damn by a couple years! Thought I mighta been. Even tho it's Wiki, I'll take your word for it.

Balloons, Zeppelin's, were big in WWI too. Bi-Planes, Tri-Planes were a foot in the door in Military Aviation. You are overlooking Mail Service and Cargo. Bush Pilot's contributed as much to flight. Subcontractors, Government Subcontractors, local, State, Fed. How important is flight today in Alaska, what is not touched by it? You might also be overlooking the fact that Government has first hand access to all Patent information and development.

Damn by a couple years! Thought I mighta been. Even tho it's Wiki, I'll take your word for it.
um, a "couple years"?

more like over a decade
;)

Balloons, Zeppelin's, were big in WWI too. Bi-Planes, Tri-Planes were a foot in the door in Military Aviation. You are overlooking Mail Service and Cargo. Bush Pilot's contributed as much to flight. Subcontractors, Government Subcontractors, local, State, Fed. How important is flight today in Alaska, what is not touched by it? You might also be overlooking the fact that Government has first hand access to all Patent information and development.

My points were that the Wright Brothers, 2 private citizens, were the 1st to fly, not 2 government bureaucrats, and that the 1st aviation industry was PRIVATELY RUN.

Never denied the government had SOME role in the beginnings of aviation after the WB, as they always stick their hands in everything. But the latter part of your argument can also be applied to private contractors, development firms, etc. like Lockheed Martin of today.

um, a "couple years"?

more like over a decade
;)

Only if you count OUR entry into WWII as the official beginning, which is, of course, factually wrong. I was also closer than Sangha lol.

Trans World Airlines (TWA)

Like the other major airlines of the United States, TWA traces its history back to the airmail delivery companies of the 1920s. Most of these companies made their money delivering mail, and in fact, usually incurred losses when carrying passengers. One company that attempted to break into the passenger market was Transcontinental Air Transport (TAT), formed on May 16, 1928, by a conglomerate of high-powered business interests under Clement M. Keys, a Canadian-born businessman who had begun his career working for The Wall Street Journal. Keys decided to offer a coast-to-coast service for passengers that would combine both air and rail travel. Passengers taking TAT would take a two-day journey across the country, riding Pullman railway sleepers at night and flying Ford Trimotors during the day. Although Keys enlisted the help of famous aviator Charles Lindbergh to draw attention to his plan, TAT eventually lost money with its coast-to-coast service.

During this time, Postmaster General Walter Folger Brown was handing out mail contracts to airlines for specific routes. He believed that two airlines should not operate over the same route, especially if both were receiving government mail payments. Brown suggested that TAT combine its services with another airline, Western Air Express, formed in July 1925. The two companies merged on July 24, 1930, to form the new Transcontinental and Western Air, Inc. (TWA). The new airline received its first mail contract immediately and began flying coast-to-coast flights on October 25, 1930, with an overnight stop at Kansas City.

As with the other “Big Four” airlines (American, United, and Eastern) that dominated the early years of U.S. airline industry, the history of TWA was associated with a number of famous personalities. William John Frye, a former Hollywood stunt flier and TWA's first director of operations, was instrumental in determining the specifications of the Douglas DC-1 and DC-2 aircraft, the first in a series of aircraft that would revolutionize commercial aviation. In 1934, at the young age of 30, Frye became president of TWA. A licensed pilot, he made sure that TWA was at the forefront of modern technological advances, piloting the single DC-1 that Douglas built. In 1938, for example, he put in an order for the new 33-passenger Boeing 307 Stratoliner, the first commercial plane with a pressurized passenger cabin. He convinced a quirky millionaire named Howard Hughes to finance this purchase. Hughes became the principal stockholder of TWA in April 1939.

Like other national airlines, TWA used its planes in support of the U.S. military during World War II. After the war, TWA's most prized target was the transcontinental route, a route that American Airlines, TWA, and United battled over for a decade. Of these airlines, TWA was the most aggressive in its business strategy. The airline put the new and modern Lockheed Constellation into service from New York to Los Angeles on March 1, 1946. Although United also introduced transcontinental service on the same day with its DC-4 aircraft, TWA came out the winner since the Constellation was much superior to the DC-4. In 1950, the airline retained its old acronym, but officially changed its name to Trans World Airlines.
Air Transportation: Trans World Airlines (TWA)

Forum List

Back