Navy probes carrier officer's lewd onboard videos

Discussion in 'Military' started by Trajan, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    I'd have to see the video. Military humor is pretty ribal/gruff etc.. Wow, a mock rectal exam. catch me, I feel the vapors coming on... Stephanopoulos and Fox were whipping this up pretty good of course.

Navy probes carrier officer's lewd onboard videos

(AP) – 2 hours ago

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — Videos just coming to light show the crew of a Navy aircraft carrier got an eyeful on shipboard TV: Gay slurs, suggestive shower scenes and mimicked masturbation in clips made not by some sailor run amok but by the ship's second-most powerful officer.

The Navy said Sunday it will investigate the "clearly inappropriate" videos shown through the nuclear-powered ship's closed-circuit television system as part of an onboard movie night. The star of the videos, made in 2006 and 2007, is Capt. Owen Honors, who now commands the USS Enterprise but was its executive officer — the second in command — when the videos were made.

The Norfolk-based Enterprise was deployed in the Middle East at the time the videos were made and is weeks from deploying again.

The Virginian-Pilot newspaper reported on the videos in its Sunday editions and posted an edited version of one video on its website.

It's not immediately known why the images are surfacing now. The Virginian-Pilot quoted anonymous crew members who said they raised concerns aboard the ship about the videos when they aired, but they were brushed off.

It's clear from the videos that Honors, who took over the ship's command in May, had already gotten complaints when some of them were made. "Over the years I've gotten several complaints about inappropriate material during these videos, never to me personally but, gutlessly, through other channels," he said in the introduction to the video posted by the newspaper.

He goes on to use a derogatory term for gays and tells his critics: "This evening, all of you bleeding hearts ... why don't you just go ahead and hug yourselves for the next 20 minutes or so, because there's a really good chance you're gonna be offended."

Next comes a sequence of what appear to be outtakes in which Honors and others curse, followed by clips in which he and others are shown making hand motions that mimic masturbation.

Honors segues to the next segment by saying, "Finally let's get to my favorite topic ... chicks in the shower." Next are shown clips of pairs of women and a pair of men pretending to shower together. No nudity is shown, but the men's and women's bare shoulders imply they are nude.

Other clips in the video show a man in drag and a mock rectal examination.

more at-
    The Associated Press: Navy probes carrier officer's lewd onboard videos

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  2. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,113
    It was conduct unbecoming for an officer. If some swabby did it it would be a different story. And really how fucking stupid was this commander he should be canned for being a fucking idiot.

3. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    DADT...... what a great idea!

Sure..... our troops are ready for that step. :rolleyes:

4. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    I agree about seeing the videos. I can respect humor as a coping mechanism/moral boost and it's pretty funny when officers aren't afraid to get down and dirty with the men.

However, I think the "two chicks, one shower" scene alone is going to get him nuked.

It's a shame, I imagine he was a good officer (or he'd have a hard time getting other people involved), but that was just poor judgment.

5. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    In summary: My bet is this=> Good intent. Poor execution.

6. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    This literally has nothing to do with DADT.

7. (R)IGHTeous 1

(R)IGHTeous 1 GOPROUD

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Honors is an idiot, a bigoted idiot too looks like. Even sadder is that this dude CAPTAINS THE ENTERPRISE.

Can em.....

8. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756

I just can't see the 'harm' here. yea , it 'looks' bad. but I suspect he didn't have to twist any arms or coerce anyone on the video and although its his final responsibility I am sure he wasn't making the cam-corder.

We've come a long away from; 'When to comes to war or trouble they send for the sons-of-bitches' or some variation there of, Admiral E. King.

9. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    Good for you Capt Obvious!

Its my attempt at humor.... I just forgot to have 2 chicks in a shower!

My point is.... we have a bunch of young guys (and gals :rolleyes: ) on a big boat who at times act their ages.
    The DADT remark was to highlight the fact that there will be horseplay and someone is going to get butt-hurt everytime. Now you will have these "ferries" who will get the wittle feewing hurt b/c someone made an immature remark directed at them.... Oh boo hoo....

The video was just for fun, and now some poor guy will get hung out to dry and made an example out of.

I have a feeling there are going to be alot of dudes getting in trouble for stupid assinine things like this more often now.

Welcome to the brave new "PC world" :doubt:

10. Samson

Samson Póg Mo Thóin Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,210
    You'd think that military commanders under Barack Hussein would have more respect for Queers than to parody them.

....But then, you'd never expect one to give a Rolling Stone interview criticising the CINC....

And you wouldn't expect one Major Malik Nadal Hasan to murder 13 people at Fort Hood....

Yep, looks like the CINC is using all his experience as a community organiser keeping the US Military together.

I wonder what's happening about which we're NOT aware?