Air Force Removes ‘God’ From Logo

Oh bullshit.

Next you'll be saying the North fired first.

History revision at it's finest.

You went to a public school didn't you?

So sayeth the poster who claims our military has no Honor.

It used to, then it went gay, no longer worthy of respect. Now secular theocrats want to impose their form of religion on the air force and our jelly-spined military goes along with it. You might say that our military no longer stands for something but will lay down for anything.

You might call that honorable, but it is far from honorable.

So let me repeat it. There is nothing honorable about our military. Maybe it can be restored, but I personally doubt it.

Given another little complaint and the Air Force will have new patches that say In Service To Allah.

Stand for nothing, lay down for anything.

I don't understand why conservatives don't understand the separation of church and state.

Like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akkhiEyZFwI]Rev. Falwell Gives Opening Prayer to Congress - YouTube[/ame]
Is this the type of separation you are talking about? I am confused please address this issue.

Why do people talk about separation of church and state they never address post like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akkhiEyZFwI]Rev. Falwell Gives Opening Prayer to Congress - YouTube[/ame]

What's to address? Is a guy saying a prayer a legal policy?

Separation of church and state isn't to keep God out of "state", it's to keep "state" out of God.
The more we kick God out, the more Satan strolls in to fill the void.

People who think the Earth is center stage in a galactic battle between good and evil has always baffled me.

Like this?

Rev. Falwell Gives Opening Prayer to Congress - YouTube
Is this the type of separation you are talking about? I am confused please address this issue.

Why do people talk about separation of church and state they never address post like this?

What's the concept of separation of church and state?

You went to a public school didn't you?

It used to, then it went gay, no longer worthy of respect. Now secular theocrats want to impose their form of religion on the air force and our jelly-spined military goes along with it. You might say that our military no longer stands for something but will lay down for anything.

So let me repeat it. There is nothing honorable about our military. Maybe it can be restored, but I personally doubt it.

Hold on anyone willing to serve in the military deserves to be shown some honor. No matter if they like the same sex or what race they are. So in other words shut the fuck up.

A Few More Thoughts On The Christian Faith Position: Human Rights Come From God.

Human rights and the moral code they spring out of originated in the mind of God as objective moral realities prior to the existence of humans. The institution of slavery and Dred Scott, as concepts ugly and immoral, existed in the mind of God as ugly and immoral, say, 999 trillion years prior to human existence and therefore prior to slavery and Dred Scott.

If you can get 51% or 100% of an electorate to agree that the murderous human rights violations of Stalin and Mao were morally justified in order for them to achieve their vision of "the greater good" for their nations, and then get that electorate to elect politicians that will codify their agreement into law, that does not make what the electorate codified morally right and does not establish a legitimate moral right for Stalin and Mao to do what they did to other human beings. Why not? Because human rights, and the moral code they spring out of, originated in the mind and nature of God prior to the existence of Stalin, Mao, your atheistic self, and human kind.

If rights and morality did not originate and does not exist, objective, absolute, and unchangeable, in the mind of God, but rather has originated in the minds of humans who have for 6000 years demonstrated fluxuating and contradictory opinions, laws, whims, preferences, prejudices, intellectual contradictions, moral contradictions, and large laughable amounts of ridiculous political, economic, and social self-contradicting nonsense, then we are forced to conclude that our human moral code and human rights code is at any moment subject to the whims of human Absurdity, in that Human-Majority-Voting and Huge-Powerful-Militaries could, if they wanted to, morally legitimate Dred Scott in January, morally de-legitimate Dred Scot in Feburary, morally legitimate Dred Scot in March, morally de-legitimate Dred Scot in April.

Moreover, if human rights originated and are created by humans as you claim, then human electorial majorities via official proclamation could, anytime they wanted to, morally legitimate the murderous human rights violations of Stalin and Mao in January, de-legitimate them in Feburary, legitimate them in March, and de-legitimate them in April, etc.

What if God sprang from the minds of humans? I would rather live in a society people don't kill each other because they know it's wrong rather than one where they are just afraid they will burn in hell. If your goodness is motivated from fear then how good are you? What about when no one is looking?

People who don't believe in God aren't the ones running around killing people generally. It's the believers that you have to worry about. I have a set of morals and I am bound to them because I believe in them. I didn't get them from God, I came by them through thought and reflection on what it means to be a member of society and the responsibilities inherent in that. I can do the right thing and know what the right thing is without God making me.

Hold on anyone willing to serve in the military deserves to be shown some honor. No matter if they like the same sex or what race they are. So in other words shut the fuck up.

I remember when Katz used to make some decent posts. I dunno what happened, it's just stupid hate-based bs at this point.

Maybe I'm mistaking his/her past posts for someone else and (s)he's always been like this.

What if God sprang from the minds of humans? I would rather live in a society people don't kill each other because they know it's wrong rather than one where they are just afraid they will burn in hell. If your goodness is motivated from fear then how good are you? What about when no one is looking?

People who don't believe in God aren't the ones running around killing people generally. It's the believers that you have to worry about. I have a set of morals and I am bound to them because I believe in them. I didn't get them from God, I came by them through thought and reflection on what it means to be a member of society and the responsibilities inherent in that. I can do the right thing and know what the right thing is without God making me.

Tell that shit to Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc....

It's regarding public policy. No Public establishment of religion, and no infringing on it. Is that tough?

Way to skirt around the question.
Is displaying the ten commandments on public grounds, public policy? Again what is the concept of separation of church and state.

Tell that shit to Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc....

blah blah blah, people kill people, religion and atheism is a side bar.

It's regarding public policy. No Public establishment of religion, and no infringing on it. Is that tough?

Is displaying the ten commandments only public grounds, public policy? Again what is the concept of separation of church and state.

I wrote the copncept out for you, above. That you dont find it "answered" means that *YOU* dont understand the answer.

Is displaying the ten commandments only public grounds, public policy? Again what is the concept of separation of church and state.

I wrote the copncept out for you, above. That you dont find it "answered" means that *YOU* dont understand the answer.

So you would not object to placing the ten commandment back in courtrooms? nor do you have a problem with prayer in the capital?

So you would not object to placing the ten commandment back in courtrooms? nor do you have a problem with prayer in the capital?

I dont care about prayer in the capital, that's up to those being prayed with to object.

the ten commandments in the court room i'd have a problem with because it shows State favortism to a Religion, and the state is (as it's explicitly stated in amendment one) not supposed to make policy respecting the establishment of religion.

I dont care about prayer in the capital, that's up to those being prayed with to object.

the ten commandments in the court room i'd have a problem with because it shows State favortism to a Religion, and the state is (as it's explicitly stated in amendment one) not supposed to make policy respecting the establishment of religion.

But that goes against the point that you were trying to make.

Displaying the ten commandments has nothing to do with policy.

Oh since it's a short video view it. Listen to the preacher invoking the name of Jesus to guide the nation he even says Jesus OUR lord and savior

Your reasoning is flawed.
You appear to be agreeing with it ;-)

The only "faith" involved in arriving at the conclusion that "rights are deduced by thinking men," is
(1) "faith" that said reason is sound, but the reason itself is not based on faith but based on
(2) tangible World History, tangible Intelligence, Logical deduction and tangible trial and error.

(1) Thats enough to make your Secularist position on human "rights" a FAITH position.

(2) No, the reason itself is based on faith because some human beings must decide what is or is not "tangible" and what is or is not legitimate "logical deductions." Men do not agree on what is or is not logical and reasonable and there is no such thing on this planet as an International Authority On What Is Or Is Not Logical with regards to human "rights."

I feel certain that you Secularists are NOT going to let we Christians decide what is or is not logical. I doubt we are going to let you Secularist decide.

You can decide it for yourself of course, but its always going to be a FAITH position because you MUST appeal to one or more of the following in that list down there and not a single one of the items on that list can prove/demonstrate that there is even any such thing as legitimate human "rights" much less can they prove/demonstrate what those rights actually are

- Majority Vote (proves nothing as being actually right or wrong)
- Personal Opinions (ditto ..same thing)
- Might Makes Right (ditto)
- Traditions and Precidents (ditto)
- Government Proclamations about "rights" (ditto)
- Your Personal Opinions And Personal Claims About What Is Or Is Not Logical And Reasonable
with respect to what you claim are your "rights." (ditto)

(1) In my opinion, the "self evident" part of the rights we've arrived at, is through the critical thinking process of "how best to survive as a species."

The answer is to co-habitate.

These rights are the most logical way to successfully co-habitate, as a species, i.e. reason was used to arrive at them, and the
(2)only "faith" involved is "faith" that said reason is sound.

(1) We're all going on opinions here ...opinions and FAITH...

(2) Again, thats enough to make your position a FAITH position.

Both Secularists and Christians hold FAITH positions on such as morals and human rights.

`

Last edited:
A congressman or a group of congressmen can be religious and pray. I have no problem with that. They could even do it on public property and I wouldn't care as long as everyone is given the same opportunity. When the word God is put in the motto of any government institution then I have an issue with it for the simple fact that it is descriminatory against pantheistic belief systems and to atheists/agnostics. I respect your freedom to believe, why can't you respect my freedom not to?

Forum List

Back