Air Force Removes ‘God’ From Logo

of course they had those rights.

Only in America, and only after the Founders vision of true equality was realized. There are myriad places around the world where slaves and/or citizens, TO THIS DAY, have NONE of these rights.

And yet you would have our nation emulate them...

look up natural rights. then read some kant.

that concept predates the usa.

oh, and stop bloviating. it is embarrassing.

And read up on John Locke too. He died before 1776.

Based on Liberal responses here it sounds like we need to do away with Christmas as a Federal holiday. True separation of Church and State would require it.

On that same note, no more Jews taking off on Jewish holidays. When in a place of business Muslims can no longer pray.

Fair is fair.

Many of us did or do work on Christmas. So, your point would be........?

Based on Liberal responses here it sounds like we need to do away with Christmas as a Federal holiday. True separation of Church and State would require it.

On that same note, no more Jews taking off on Jewish holidays. When in a place of business Muslims can no longer pray.

Fair is fair.

Of all the posters on this board you seem to have the most difficulty in seeing the point. seek help.

I realize he answered it but it's hypocritical to be against one thing and not the other. Since both are dealing with the same thing. I think you are just a fucking whiny ass bunch of attention whores.

How is it hypocritical to say that I respect the right of people to practice their religion as long as everyone has the same right? It's one thing to allow a prayer and quite another to post the doctrine of a particular branch of faith on the wall.

Here is what you said
A congressman or a group of congressmen can be religious and pray. I have no problem with that. They could even do it on public property and I wouldn't care as long as everyone is given the same opportunity. When the word God is put in the motto of any government institution then I have an issue with it for the simple fact that it is descriminatory against pantheistic belief systems and to atheists/agnostics. I respect your freedom to believe, why can't you respect my freedom not to?

A congressman or a group of congressmen can be religious and pray. I have no problem with that.
This is what so puzzling about your comment.
You see in the video and how it's always been since the founding of this nation Congress while is session starts the day off in prayer. it is not a group of congressmen it's the whole body of Congress in their official duty as elected Representative's.

That's why I say it's hypocritical to be fore one and against the other.

So I ask again what is the concept of separation of church and state?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Praying is not a violation of this ^^^ making a law requiring praying would be. Allowing religious doctrine to be displayed in a federal building would be a violation of this in my opinion as well. It would be different if there was a collection of quotes from many religions but unless you include all of them you run the risk of appearing to favor certain religions. So in order to protect everyone, no display of religious docrtrine should be allowed on federal property. The intention was that the government wouldn't show favoritism for a particular religion but congress as citizens of the us have a right to excersize their religion how they see fit. This way I get to keep my right to observe/not observe religion as I choose without imfringing on the rights of others. I personally would rather it be a silent prayer so each person could offer up their own prayer to thier own god/s or maybe they could offer others a chance to say prayers from their religions.

Fair is fair.

Of all the posters on this board you seem to have the most difficulty in seeing the point. seek help.

Ah, you are joking. I get it now. :lol:

How is it hypocritical to say that I respect the right of people to practice their religion as long as everyone has the same right? It's one thing to allow a prayer and quite another to post the doctrine of a particular branch of faith on the wall.

Here is what you said

A congressman or a group of congressmen can be religious and pray. I have no problem with that.
This is what so puzzling about your comment.
You see in the video and how it's always been since the founding of this nation Congress while is session starts the day off in prayer. it is not a group of congressmen it's the whole body of Congress in their official duty as elected Representative's.

That's why I say it's hypocritical to be fore one and against the other.

So I ask again what is the concept of separation of church and state?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Praying is not a violation of this ^^^ making a law requiring praying would be. Allowing religious doctrine to be displayed in a federal building would be a violation of this in my opinion as well. It would be different if there was a collection of quotes from many religions but unless you include all of them you run the risk of appearing to favor certain religions. So in order to protect everyone, no display of religious docrtrine should be allowed on federal property. The intention was that the government wouldn't show favoritism for a particular religion but congress as citizens of the us have a right to excersize their religion how they see fit. This way I get to keep my right to observe/not observe religion as I choose without imfringing on the rights of others. I personally would rather it be a silent prayer so each person could offer up their own prayer to thier own god/s or maybe they could offer others a chance to say prayers from their religions.

Praying is not a violation of this ^^^ making a law requiring praying would be.

OK no problem

Allowing religious doctrine to be displayed in a federal building would be a violation of this in my opinion as well.
It would be different if there was a collection of quotes from many religions but unless you include all of them you run the risk of appearing to favor certain religions. So in order to protect everyone, no display of religious docrtrine should be allowed on federal property.

All of this is based on your opinion. As for me it would be historical for them to remain. It's part of our founding history.

The intention was that the government wouldn't show favoritism for a particular religion but congress as citizens of the us have a right to excersize their religion how they see fit.

OK but it was not their intent to keep God out of the government.

Duh to the troll lib. This is a nation under god,like it or not,and second amendment allows us to be free to bear arms as citizens.

The patch included a line written in Latin that read, “Doing God’s Work with Other People’s Money.”

Doe the patch have a purely secular purpose?

Does the patch attempt to promote or hinder religion?

Does the patch manifest an excessive governmental entanglement with religion?

Based upon this legal standard, the patch is likely in violation of the Establishment Clause.

I don't understand why conservatives don't understand the separation of church and state.

Like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akkhiEyZFwI]Rev. Falwell Gives Opening Prayer to Congress - YouTube[/ame]
Is this the type of separation you are talking about? I am confused please address this issue.

Why do people talk about separation of church and state they never address post like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akkhiEyZFwI]Rev. Falwell Gives Opening Prayer to Congress - YouTube[/ame]

Conservatives understand that the separation of church and state means;
Government, stay out of our spiritual beliefs.
It does not mean:
God, stay out of our government.

That we have kicked God out of our Air Force is no big blow to God.
That God leaves, may be a big bummer for the Air Force.

The patch included a line written in Latin that read, “Doing God’s Work with Other People’s Money.”

Doe the patch have a purely secular purpose?

Does the patch attempt to promote or hinder religion?

Does the patch manifest an excessive governmental entanglement with religion?

Based upon this legal standard, the patch is likely in violation of the Establishment Clause.

Doe the patch have a purely secular purpose? Yes promote the Air Force
Does the patch attempt to promote or hinder religion? neither because it's not religious specific

Does the patch manifest an excessive governmental entanglement with religion

Does this?

separation of church and state doesn't mean what the liberals taught you.

Perhaps you would be more comfortable with the devil, cuz thats how this country is going.

Who wants to fight for the devil, not me.

John Adams
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government ofany other."

"The highest glory of the American Revolution was this; it connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity.
John Quincy Adams

"From the day of the Declaration...they (the American people) were bound by the laws of God, which they all, and by the laws of The Gospel, which they nearly all, acknowledge as the rules of their conduct."
John Quincy Adams

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible."
George Washington
"It is impossible to account for the creation of the universe, without the agency of a Supreme Being. It is impossible to govern the universe without the aid of a Supreme Being. It is impossible to reason without arriving at a Supreme Being."
George Washington
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, Religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of Patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great Pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of Men and Citizens."
George Washington

Perhaps you would be more comfortable with the devil, cuz thats how this country is going.

John Adams
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government ofany other."

"The highest glory of the American Revolution was this; it connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity.
John Quincy Adams

John Quincy Adams

George Washington
"It is impossible to account for the creation of the universe, without the agency of a Supreme Being. It is impossible to govern the universe without the aid of a Supreme Being. It is impossible to reason without arriving at a Supreme Being."
George Washington
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, Religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of Patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great Pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of Men and Citizens."
George Washington

These may have been their beliefs but they didn't codify them into law. Why? I am not a liberal so everyone calling people who don't believe your way liberals are heading down the wrong path. How can you say on one hand you want smaller government and on the other want to insert religion into government?

How can you call yourself a constitutionalist? Look at what the First Amendment says. The use of the singular form of the word God promotes one belief system over another and should not be allowed in any government institution.

John Adams

John Quincy Adams

John Quincy Adams

George Washington

George Washington
George Washington

These may have been their beliefs but they didn't codify them into law. Why? I am not a liberal so everyone calling people who don't believe your way liberals are heading down the wrong path. How can you say on one hand you want smaller government and on the other want to insert religion into government?

How can you call yourself a constitutionalist? Look at what the First Amendment says. The use of the singular form of the word God promotes one belief system over another and should not be allowed in any government institution.

OK you're not a liberal. Now once you start moving away from the intent of how the founders wanted this country ran you start down that slippery slope to tyranny. It was never the founders intent to run this country without God. It was their intent to keep the government from dictating to the people about God.

Last edited:
Atheism is the official religion of every dictatorship and fascist government on the planet

atheism is the LACK of religion.

get something right, please.

if a group of people can classify the lack of religion as a religion then it's easier to justify using government to promote religion (which none of us really wants unless it's our own religion).

and i say that as a methodist.

Forum List

Back