Air Force Removes ‘God’ From Logo

You define your creator as GOD I may define my creator as a random series of events culminating in the BIG BANG that ultimately led to me being self aware and able to value freedom. I am free to believe how I want for now and I will. The creator isn't defined in the constitution.

Big Bang?

All well and good.

Who lit the fuse?
Look I never said there wasn't a creator. Some believe there is and some don't believe that and I don't want to live in a world where anyones views are imposed on others against their will. I can't argue that I know what happened before the big bang. I don't know what caused it. All I really know is that the universe came into being and as a result of that I am aware. I don't think there is any place in government where the unknowable should be declared as known.

If you want to know what I believe personally then that is a different matter entirely and is more philosphical in nature than political and should be kept to that realm of discussion. The government should not be involved in the business of deciding which philosphies are valid.

The point is that 'the government' BEGAN by deciding, and any honest search of the writings and records of it's inception proves it. How is it that our Founders KNEW and acknowledged the Creator and now 230 years later it is 'unknowable'?

Animals are plenty self aware.

Which is why they run when they are hunted.

That is the survival imperative. Flies will fly away when you try to hit them but that doesn't make them self aware. I guess maybe the correct term is intelligence since there is a correllation between intelligence and self awareness. Regardless, the point remains that it is not something that is granted so much as something that IS as the result of the awareness of the value of life and especially intelligent life.

What about elephants who mourn the passing of their dead?

That seems like a value of life and intelligence.

All animals mourn a lose of something. What is a puppy doing when you take it away from it's mother? It will whine for a few days until it become accustom to it's new surroundings. But does that mean it's self aware?

Last edited:
I'm not going to teach you history of our national motto. I'm sure you may be bright enough to google it yourself.

This country has managed quite well under Judeo-Christian philosphy before the motto was introduced.

How many hundreds of years ago was it added asswipe? :eusa_whistle: I know the answer already. :)

God has been a part of this nation since it's founding dipshit.

And if you know the answer then why ask the question? Oh it's because you're a DIPSHIT!

Still no answer eh Tex? :eusa_whistle: And by "God", which one are you referring to? Know what a Deist is? :doubt:

There is one reason why we are self aware of this and animals aren't.

Animals are plenty self aware.

Which is why they run when they are hunted.

That is the survival imperative. Flies will fly away when you try to hit them but that doesn't make them self aware. I guess maybe the correct term is intelligence since there is a correllation between intelligence and self awareness. Regardless, the point remains that it is not something that is granted so much as something that IS as the result of the awareness of the value of life and especially intelligent life.

Animals are not flesh automatons with no feelings or self awareness. We view them from our own lens..basically because there is no other way to view them. Perhaps some future generation will look back and see us as savages for farming and slaughtering them in the numbers we do..just as some look back at slavery and say it was wrong. Who knows?

But I do enjoy a nice rare steak now and again.. :lol:

All animals mourn a lose of something. What is a puppy doing when you take it away from it's mother? It will whine for a few days until it become accustom to it's new surroundings. But does that mean it's self aware?

The fact that they return to the grave in later years just to mourn again, like people, is different than any other instance i can think of though.

elephants are self-aware. but they are unique in that regard.

Elephants can recognize themselves in mirrors, according to a new study. Humans, great apes, and dolphins are the only other animals known to possess this form of self-awareness.

Elephants Recognize Selves in Mirror, Study Says

Well yes and no.

The country nearly tore itself apart over that old Judeo-Christian chestnut of slavery.

That's not true either.

What's not true? The bible/torah/koran are all fine with slavery.

And so they SHOULD have been. Slavey was not the reason the nation almost tore itself apart. That was based in the economy and the price fixing the mills in the north wanted to impose on the southern growers.

The truth MUST fall to political correctness.

NWO Global Elites don't like references to God. They realize this is the time to make their move on eliminating references to God & Country. Spiritual beliefs and National Sovereignty will not be tolerated by the NWO.

'God & Country' is the biggest obstacle for the NWO Global Elites. A New World Order cannot truly be implemented if people like that still exist. Beliefs in anything but the NWO State, will not be tolerated. And all National Sovereignty must be destroyed. 'God & Country' has to go.

The Righties don't come right out & say it but they mean a specific God :rolleyes: in contrast to the Founders who were enlightened & used the terms "Creator" & "nature's God" for a reason. More than a few were Deist's:
List of deists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of Deists:
Ethan Allen (1738*– 1789), early American revolutionary and guerrilla leader[1]
Benjamin Franklin (1706*– 1790), American polymath, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States of America[7]
Thomas Jefferson, author of the Declaration of Independence, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States, and the 3rd President of the United States[15]
James Madison (1751*– 1836), politician and the fourth President of the United States of America[18] The "Father of the Constitution," he was the principal author of the document.
Thomas Paine (1737*– 1809), English pamphleteer, revolutionary, radical, inventor, and intellectual[20]
George Washington (1732*– 1799), the first President of the United States of America[18]
David Hume (1711*– 1776), Scottish philosopher, one of the principal early philosophers of empiricism[14]
John Locke (1632*– 1704), influential English philosopher in the field of empiricism[17]
Mark Twain (1835*– 1910), American author and humorist[27]

Last edited:
That's not true either.

What's not true? The bible/torah/koran are all fine with slavery.

And so they SHOULD have been. Slavey was not the reason the nation almost tore itself apart. That was based in the economy and the price fixing the mills in the north wanted to impose on the southern growers.

The truth MUST fall to political correctness.

Oh bullshit.

Next you'll be saying the North fired first.

History revision at it's finest.

elephants are self-aware. but they are unique in that regard.

Elephants can recognize themselves in mirrors, according to a new study. Humans, great apes, and dolphins are the only other animals known to possess this form of self-awareness.

Elephants Recognize Selves in Mirror, Study Says

Is the ability of an animal to recognize themselves in mirrors a means of self awareness or instinct? To be self aware has many levels before it can be measured as something other than instinct. In my opinion I think it's just an instinct.

The more "God" is removed from our government the stronger and freer our great nation becomes. You want God? Go to church.

Absolute religious liberty mandates the strict separation of church and state.

Air Force Removes ‘God’ From Logo | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

A Virginia lawmaker is calling on the Air Force to reverse a decision to remove a Latin reference to “God” from a logo after an atheist group complained.

Rep. Randy Forbes, (R-VA), said the Air Force removed the logo several weeks ago from the Rapid Capabilities Office. The patch included a line written in Latin that read, “Doing God’s Work with Other People’s Money.”

But after the Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers complained, Forbes said the line was rewritten in Latin to read, “Doing Miracles with Other People’s Money.”

Forbes, along with a bi-partisan group of 35 lawmakers, sent a letter to Air Force Secretary Michael Donley and Air Force Chief of Staff Norton Schwartz expressing concern over the decision to remove a non-religious reference to God.

“It is most egregious,” Forbes told Fox News. “The Air Force is taking the tone that you can’t even use the word ‘God.’”

Forbes said his office contacted the Air Force and officials there confirmed that the logo had been changed after the atheist group complained.

A spokesman for the Air Force told Fox News they had received the letter and would investigate the claims.

Forbes said the removal of “God” is a “bridge too far in terms of the rights of men and women who serve in our services and their ability to express their faith.”

“But the significance of this is what the Air Force is saying with this move – that the word ‘God’ – whether it has any reference to faith or not, can’t be used in the Air Force,” Forbes said.

He said the incident is one of several in recent months that have caused him to wonder if the military is cleansing itself of religious references.

“It’s a very dangerous course to take,” he said.

“I am concerned that the RCO capitulated to pressure from an outside group that consistently seeks to remove references to God and faith in our military,” he said. ‘The RCO’s action to modify the logo sets a dangerous precedent that all references to God, regardless of context, must be removed from the military.”

Fucking AirFarce, theyt all ways were the pussies of the military, right behind the knee deeper coast guard. (except you High Gravity) :eusa_drool:

All I can say is

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJNqep77vBw]Martina McBride - God Bless America (LIVE) - YouTube[/ame]

The more "God" is removed from our government the stronger and freer our great nation becomes. You want God? Go to church.

Absolute religious liberty mandates the strict separation of church and state.

Air Force Removes ‘God’ From Logo | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

A Virginia lawmaker is calling on the Air Force to reverse a decision to remove a Latin reference to “God” from a logo after an atheist group complained.

Rep. Randy Forbes, (R-VA), said the Air Force removed the logo several weeks ago from the Rapid Capabilities Office. The patch included a line written in Latin that read, “Doing God’s Work with Other People’s Money.”

But after the Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers complained, Forbes said the line was rewritten in Latin to read, “Doing Miracles with Other People’s Money.”

Forbes, along with a bi-partisan group of 35 lawmakers, sent a letter to Air Force Secretary Michael Donley and Air Force Chief of Staff Norton Schwartz expressing concern over the decision to remove a non-religious reference to God.

“It is most egregious,” Forbes told Fox News. “The Air Force is taking the tone that you can’t even use the word ‘God.’”

Forbes said his office contacted the Air Force and officials there confirmed that the logo had been changed after the atheist group complained.

A spokesman for the Air Force told Fox News they had received the letter and would investigate the claims.

Forbes said the removal of “God” is a “bridge too far in terms of the rights of men and women who serve in our services and their ability to express their faith.”

“But the significance of this is what the Air Force is saying with this move – that the word ‘God’ – whether it has any reference to faith or not, can’t be used in the Air Force,” Forbes said.

He said the incident is one of several in recent months that have caused him to wonder if the military is cleansing itself of religious references.

“It’s a very dangerous course to take,” he said.

“I am concerned that the RCO capitulated to pressure from an outside group that consistently seeks to remove references to God and faith in our military,” he said. ‘The RCO’s action to modify the logo sets a dangerous precedent that all references to God, regardless of context, must be removed from the military.”

Fucking AirFarce, theyt all ways were the pussies of the military, right behind the knee deeper coast guard. (except you High Gravity) :eusa_drool:

Really and what is your experience with the Air Force? Some of us who served in the Air Force were combat trained.

Elephants are very intelligent so are Chimps and other apes. Dolphins and dogs too. They are capable of emotion and may one day be capable of expanding their awareness to philosophical ideas. We may soon know what dolphins think because they are close to cracking thier language. Some animals even mate for life. I am not dissing animals here. I think they have emotions and feel loss. It's a matter of degree. We are higher on the scale than they are and able to postulate higher order concepts.

In a nutshell it comes down to imagination from which comes the ability to empathize. The ability to imagine yourself in the place of another brings a broader understanding of the universe than merely thinking of the survival of self. Some animals are more aware than others but they haven't had the need or ability to develop the tools we had to in order to survive. Humans are weak alone so we formed groups for protection. We learned to hunt together and banded together to protect our young. We developed speech to pass on valuable information and to better defend ourselves against encroaching dangers. The structure of these groups has been evolving too as the dangers we face change.

Animals live under the law of the jungle where the strong rule the weak. Humans have come to recognize that physical strength is not necessarily the best criteria for a ruler. Our survival has been a result of planning and communication. The ability to solve problems through imagination, cooperation and ingenuity. This sets aside from animals.

We still have the need to survive and have a fear of our own mortality. Our imagination gives us an option for eternal life and this mitigates this fear of dying. That option is religion. Religion also offers a tool for control through the elimination of that eternal life, i.e. If people don't act right they will be denied eternal life. The separation of government from the use of fear and intimidation should be the next evolution. Religion and it's use as a control mechanism is ultimately rooted in fear and so I reject it as a means to fairly govern. I do respect your right to believe in what you want. I just deny you the right to impose it on me.

Forum List

Back