Air Force Removes ‘God’ From Logo

The more "God" is removed from our government the stronger and freer our great nation becomes. You want God? Go to church.

Absolute religious liberty mandates the strict separation of church and state.

Air Force Removes ‘God’ From Logo | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

A Virginia lawmaker is calling on the Air Force to reverse a decision to remove a Latin reference to “God” from a logo after an atheist group complained.

Rep. Randy Forbes, (R-VA), said the Air Force removed the logo several weeks ago from the Rapid Capabilities Office. The patch included a line written in Latin that read, “Doing God’s Work with Other People’s Money.”

But after the Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers complained, Forbes said the line was rewritten in Latin to read, “Doing Miracles with Other People’s Money.”

Forbes, along with a bi-partisan group of 35 lawmakers, sent a letter to Air Force Secretary Michael Donley and Air Force Chief of Staff Norton Schwartz expressing concern over the decision to remove a non-religious reference to God.

“It is most egregious,” Forbes told Fox News. “The Air Force is taking the tone that you can’t even use the word ‘God.’”

Forbes said his office contacted the Air Force and officials there confirmed that the logo had been changed after the atheist group complained.

A spokesman for the Air Force told Fox News they had received the letter and would investigate the claims.

Forbes said the removal of “God” is a “bridge too far in terms of the rights of men and women who serve in our services and their ability to express their faith.”

“But the significance of this is what the Air Force is saying with this move – that the word ‘God’ – whether it has any reference to faith or not, can’t be used in the Air Force,” Forbes said.

He said the incident is one of several in recent months that have caused him to wonder if the military is cleansing itself of religious references.

“It’s a very dangerous course to take,” he said.

“I am concerned that the RCO capitulated to pressure from an outside group that consistently seeks to remove references to God and faith in our military,” he said. ‘The RCO’s action to modify the logo sets a dangerous precedent that all references to God, regardless of context, must be removed from the military.”

Doing God's Work = bombing the crap out of people?

That's the job of the USAF, and they do it well.

But if they evolved and man evolved why aren't man and chimp at the same level?

They're genetically inferior, dumbass. Why is a ny one person less intelligent than another at equal levels of education? You're not too bright.

There again is your basic misconception intelligence does not equate self awareness to be self aware you would have to no that there is a moral right and a moral wrong. Are animals aware of the concept of murder?

Thats a matter of opinion, obviously, and I disagree with yours.

It's not just instinct, chimps are shown to have a very basic form of reasoning.

If it's a basic form of reasoning why haven't chimps evolved to the level of man? All things being equal and there is no God and everything evolved chimps should be at the same level of intelligence as man. That is if they have a basic level of reasoning.

They might given the time and who knows maybe we will help them along. Chimps/apes are the only other animal that uses tools.
There are also insects and birds that use tools to acquire food or build shelters.

Are they also striving towards higher intelligence and enlightenment?? :cool:

Fucking AirFarce, theyt all ways were the pussies of the military, right behind the knee deeper coast guard. (except you High Gravity) :eusa_drool:

Really and what is your experience with the Air Force? Some of us who served in the Air Force were combat trained.

Actually Combat Survival Training is now a requirement for most deployments, its a month long training with the US Army, so most people in the Air Force now are becoming combat trained.

I spent 8 weeks after tech school with Army special forces and when I PCS to Germany I had 2 months of additional training with them.

On the other hand, you remove God and who then becomes the grantor of your liberties?

Liberty doesn't need to be granted, it exists because we are self aware. It is an extension of our conciousness and self worth.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I beg your pardon???
Did he stutter?

I beg your pardon???

You define your creator as GOD I may define my creator as a random series of events culminating in the BIG BANG that ultimately led to me being self aware and able to value freedom. I am free to believe how I want for now and I will. The creator isn't defined in the constitution.

So what you are saying is they we have our rights by chance?

The chance of birth....yes.

Really and what is your experience with the Air Force? Some of us who served in the Air Force were combat trained.

Actually Combat Survival Training is now a requirement for most deployments, its a month long training with the US Army, so most people in the Air Force now are becoming combat trained.

I spent 8 weeks after tech school with Army special forces and when I PCS to Germany I had 2 months of additional training with them.

The Air Force has been doing alot work with the Army ever since the wars started, our basic training in now 8 weeks and you spent alot more time with the M-16 learning the in and outs, like the Army BMT.

Based on Liberal responses here it sounds like we need to do away with Christmas as a Federal holiday. True separation of Church and State would require it.

On that same note, no more Jews taking off on Jewish holidays. When in a place of business Muslims can no longer pray.

Fair is fair.

Liberty doesn't need to be granted, it exists because we are self aware. It is an extension of our conciousness and self worth.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I beg your pardon???
Did he stutter?

No, he simply spoke stupidly. I'm thinking it will be your turn to do so next...

The Air Force has been doing alot work with the Army ever since the wars started, our basic training in now 8 weeks and you spent alot more time with the M-16 learning the in and outs, like the Army BMT.

My training was a new concept for the Air Force. in the early 80's called ABGD. 8 weeks at camp bullis.

What's not true? The bible/torah/koran are all fine with slavery.

And so they SHOULD have been. Slavey was not the reason the nation almost tore itself apart. That was based in the economy and the price fixing the mills in the north wanted to impose on the southern growers.

The truth MUST fall to political correctness.

Oh bullshit.

Next you'll be saying the North fired first.

History revision at it's finest.

You went to a public school didn't you?

And so they SHOULD have been. Slavey was not the reason the nation almost tore itself apart. That was based in the economy and the price fixing the mills in the north wanted to impose on the southern growers.

The truth MUST fall to political correctness.

Oh bullshit.

Next you'll be saying the North fired first.

History revision at it's finest.

You went to a public school didn't you?

So sayeth the poster who claims our military has no Honor.

Forum List

Back