Air Force Removes ‘God’ From Logo

Liberty doesn't need to be granted, it exists because we are self aware. It is an extension of our conciousness and self worth.

You are right. Liberty is not granted. It's fought for, bled for and died for. It doesn't happen because you are "self aware."

Animals fight and bleed and die. Animals do not fight wars and animals do not fight for ideas. We do however and one reason we do is because we are aware of those ideas.

There is one reason why we are self aware of this and animals aren't.

Atheists that are offended by the word "God" have a self esteem problem.

How can one be offended by that which he does not believe exists?

Ask gays and women in which "God" shapes public policy and infringes on civil liberties.

Liberty doesn't need to be granted, it exists because we are self aware. It is an extension of our conciousness and self worth.

You are right. Liberty is not granted. It's fought for, bled for and died for. It doesn't happen because you are "self aware."

Animals fight and bleed and die. Animals do not fight wars and animals do not fight for ideas. We do however and one reason we do is because we are aware of those ideas.

yeah WillowTree!!! :mad:

athiestsmy3.jpg

I beg your pardon???

You define your creator as GOD I may define my creator as a random series of events culminating in the BIG BANG that ultimately led to me being self aware and able to value freedom. I am free to believe how I want for now and I will. The creator isn't defined in the constitution.

Big Bang?

All well and good.

Who lit the fuse?
Look I never said there wasn't a creator. Some believe there is and some don't believe that and I don't want to live in a world where anyones views are imposed on others against their will. I can't argue that I know what happened before the big bang. I don't know what caused it. All I really know is that the universe came into being and as a result of that I am aware. I don't think there is any place in government where the unknowable should be declared as known.

If you want to know what I believe personally then that is a different matter entirely and is more philosphical in nature than political and should be kept to that realm of discussion. The government should not be involved in the business of deciding which philosphies are valid.

Talk about silly. Your answer fits that quite well. Which is about as silly as your avatar.

I'm guessing by your avatar that you're probably about 15 years old.

Guessing wrong again.

51 as of yesterday.

And the avatar comes from a film most kids have no idea about.. :lol:

Like you.

Says who and which god?

Says our national motto.

"In God We Trust"

...which was added when & for what reeason? :eusa_eh: How did the country manage for all that time up til then too?

I'm not going to teach you history of our national motto. I'm sure you may be bright enough to google it yourself.

This country has managed quite well under Judeo-Christian philosphy before the motto was introduced.

Animals are plenty self aware.

Which is why they run when they are hunted.

Talk about silly. Your answer fits that quite well. Which is about as silly as your avatar.

Guessing wrong again.

51 as of yesterday.

Like you.

:cuckoo:

Says our national motto.

"In God We Trust"

...which was added when & for what reeason? :eusa_eh: How did the country manage for all that time up til then too?

I'm not going to teach you history of our national motto. I'm sure you may be bright enough to google it yourself.

This country has managed quite well under Judeo-Christian philosphy before the motto was introduced.

Well yes and no.

The country nearly tore itself apart over that old Judeo-Christian chestnut of slavery.

Says our national motto.

"In God We Trust"

How many hundreds of years ago was it added asswipe? :eusa_whistle: I know the answer already. :)

Last edited:

Well yes and no.

The country nearly tore itself apart over that old Judeo-Christian chestnut of slavery.

If you're referring to the civil war then you are misguided.

How many hundreds of years ago was it added asswipe? :eusa_whistle: I know the answer already. :)

God has been a part of this nation since it's founding dipshit.

And if you know the answer then why ask the question? Oh it's because you're a DIPSHIT!

If they were self aware it would be murder for them to kill another animal. They would have morals.
Survival instincts are not self awareness.

Well yes and no.

That's not true either.

That is the survival imperative. Flies will fly away when you try to hit them but that doesn't make them self aware. I guess maybe the correct term is intelligence since there is a correllation between intelligence and self awareness. Regardless, the point remains that it is not something that is granted so much as something that IS as the result of the awareness of the value of life and especially intelligent life.

Guessing wrong again.

51 as of yesterday.

Like you.
Happy belated b-day.

That is the survival imperative. Flies will fly away when you try to hit them but that doesn't make them self aware. I guess maybe the correct term is intelligence since there is a correllation between intelligence and self awareness. Regardless, the point remains that it is not something that is granted so much as something that IS as the result of the awareness of the value of life and especially intelligent life.

What about elephants who mourn the passing of their dead?

That seems like a value of life and intelligence.

Well yes and no.

That's not true either.

What's not true? The bible/torah/koran are all fine with slavery.

Forum List

Back