Agree or Disagree?

Is our government founded on the Christian religion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BDBoop I thought you wanted to have a discussion? I submit something that shows the treaty of Tripoli to be misquoted and you bypass my reply. Are you too afraid to discuss this subject now?

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was supposed to read every post in the thread, and respond immediately.

Can I be forgiven. It was Mother's Day. Mea Culpa and all that.

You wanted a discussion I thought or was this your attempt at troll Christians here in the forum?

What did I just say. You quoted it - what did I say.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was supposed to read every post in the thread, and respond immediately.

You wanted a discussion I thought or was this your attempt at troll Christians here in the forum?

You started a thread and there are a couple comments that you made that is either deceptive and you don't want to have a discussion and just troll the Christians here, or it was your intent to have a discussion. Your call.

Be more specific, DrunkTard.

govt.jpg

I agree in part. I think his treaty provision went too far when it said "in NO sense."

Given the First Amendment, I agree that it is not founded AS a Christian nation -- or as a Jewish Nation -- or as a Deist Nation -- or as a Muslim Nation -- etc. Freedom of Religion means that no one religion is dominant or favored.

On the other hand, there IS a sense in which the founding of the Republic was premised -- at least in part -- upon our Judeo-Christian roots.

I can't wait to see how many people disagree with him. And why.

You started a thread and there are a couple comments that you made that is either deceptive and you don't want to have a discussion and just troll the Christians here, or it was your intent to have a discussion. Your call.

I agree in part. I think his treaty provision went too far when it said "in NO sense."

Given the First Amendment, I agree that it is not founded AS a Christian nation -- or as a Jewish Nation -- or as a Deist Nation -- or as a Muslim Nation -- etc. Freedom of Religion means that no one religion is dominant or favored.

On the other hand, there IS a sense in which the founding of the Republic was premised -- at least in part -- upon our Judeo-Christian roots.

You tell me what I JUST said, and we will talk.

That which you quoted. What did I say.

I picked other. I think the principles of the BOR, DOI, and Constitution, were heavily influenced by christian beliefs. The country surely wasn't founded on atheistic principles, so I never quite get why liberal atheists want to minimize Christianity's role in the founding of this country. Our rights are not given by the government or the big bang according to our founding fathers last time I checked. Are atheists just obsessed with this or what?

“Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise.” –James Madison, letter to William Bradford, April 1, 1774

“Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise.” –James Madison, letter to William Bradford, April 1, 1774

Do you understand what he meany by that?

EVER heard of the Church Of England that EVERY citizen was required to subscribe to...or else?

WHY did the Pilgrims come here to escape that nonsense?

WHY did Madison reaffirm that with his statement?

YOU are FREE to belive...or NOT, and was for Government to STAY OUT OF.

The only mention of the Lord in the document that created our govenement is in reference to the date. So no the US federal government was not founded on christianity.

The only mention of the Lord in the document that created our govenement is in reference to the date. So no the US federal government was not founded on christianity.

Christianity played a huge role in founding this country. Get over it already. Threads like this just make atheists look extremely petty. Not to mention jealous of the fact atheism played zilch in the founding principles.

Do you understand what he meany by that?

EVER heard of the Church Of England that EVERY citizen was required to subscribe to...or else?

Or the Holy Roman Empire.

WHY did the Pilgrims come here to escape that nonsense?

So they could burn witches and encode into law beating your children to death.

WHY did Madison reaffirm that with his statement?

“What influence, in fact, have ecclesiastical establishments had on society? In some instances they have been seen to erect a spiritual tyranny on the ruins of the civil authority; on many instances they have been seen upholding the thrones of political tyranny; in no instance have they been the guardians of the liberties of the people… A just government, instituted to secure and perpetuate it, needs them not.” –James Madison, A Memorial and Remonstrance, 1785 

YOU are FREE to belive...or NOT, and was for Government to STAY OUT OF.

So you believe we were founded on secular, not religious, principles. OK, we agree.

Feels like we're living under King George again. Now it's Big Brother doing the oppressing. Probably need another Revolution to get our Country back. Time to join the Ron Paul Revolution. :)

Making it easy for you.
I posted your first two comments in this thread and I also said you started this thread. Usually normal people who start threads are wanting a discussion. You are normal aren't you? If not then it was your attempt to troll Christians here in this forum.

So shal we begin with what I posted or will it be a troll thread created by you?

Making it easy for you.
I posted your first two comments in this thread and I also said you started this thread. Usually normal people who start threads are wanting a discussion. You are normal aren't you? If not then it was your attempt to troll Christians here in this forum.

So shal we begin with what I posted or will it be a troll thread created by you?

Then we won't be talking.

Christianity played a huge role in founding this country. Get over it already. Threads like this just make atheists look extremely petty. Not to mention jealous of the fact atheism played zilch in the founding principles.

Yes of course it did. They wanted to get away from the bloodbath it was creating in Europe and was making it's way into the New World.

The government they formed was not based on Chistianity for a reason.

Making it easy for you.

You do realize that the Treaty of Tripoli Arabic version There is no Article 11 that section was in letter form supposedly written by the translator who has been suggested was an atheist.

Now the call is your's I have thrown the gantlet down.

Yes of course it did. They wanted to get away from the bloodbath it was creating in Europe and was making it's way into the New World.

The government they formed was not based on Chistianity for a reason.
:(:nono::nono::nono:

Something like 98% of the Founding Fathers of the United States were MASONS. Their main religious affiliation was UNITARIAN. The rest were either Catholic or Church of England.

The Founding Fathers did NOT care for people who would manipulate The Bible for their own purposes. Their disdain for manipulative Christian religious philosophies and manipulative preachers is well-documented. People like Jerry Fallwell, Billy Graham, Oral Roberts, Kenneth Copeland, Gene Scott, Jimmy Swaggart, Peter Popov, Benny Hinn, and others of their ilk would bring out their anger. Read the works of Thomas Paine (“Common Sense”) and Thomas Jefferson. (Fundamentalists conveniently over-look Jefferson’s scathing attacks on these kinds of preachers.) Jefferson, himself, was so angry with these kinds of philosophies and people that he even wrote his own version of The Bible. The Bible that George Washington and many of the presidents took the oath of office on was, in fact, a Masonic Bible. That Bible is now in the Smithsonian.

Religion and the Founding Fathers | Seniors for a Democratic Society

A friend of mine sent me this and I thought it was fascinating.

Something like 98% of the Founding Fathers of the United States were MASONS. Their main religious affiliation was UNITARIAN. The rest were either Catholic or Church of England.

The Founding Fathers did NOT care for people who would manipulate The Bible for their own purposes. Their disdain for manipulative Christian religious philosophies and manipulative preachers is well-documented. People like Jerry Fallwell, Billy Graham, Oral Roberts, Kenneth Copeland, Gene Scott, Jimmy Swaggart, Peter Popov, Benny Hinn, and others of their ilk would bring out their anger. Read the works of Thomas Paine (“Common Sense”) and Thomas Jefferson. (Fundamentalists conveniently over-look Jefferson’s scathing attacks on these kinds of preachers.) Jefferson, himself, was so angry with these kinds of philosophies and people that he even wrote his own version of The Bible. The Bible that George Washington and many of the presidents took the oath of office on was, in fact, a Masonic Bible. That Bible is now in the Smithsonian.

Religion and the Founding Fathers | Seniors for a Democratic Society

A friend of mine sent me this and I thought it was fascinating.

How many Masons were Congressional appointed chaplains?

Last edited:

You tell me what I JUST said, and we will talk.

That which you quoted. What did I say.

Making it easy for you.

:eusa_whistle:

You do realize that the Treaty of Tripoli Arabic version There is no Article 11 that section was in letter form supposedly written by the translator who has been suggested was an atheist.

Now the call is your's I have thrown the gantlet down.

That's 'gauntlet', bright eyes. And I already threw the gauntlet down. You think you're gonna win this one? Apparently, you've never met a Finnlander.

Forum List

Back