Agree or Disagree?

Is our government founded on the Christian religion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
govt.jpg

All the Founders were christians and maybe a jew or Two.

religion was an important part of life for damn near everyone back then.

So yeah, the Constitution is based heavily on faith, tempered by the needs of society and freedom.

As Paul said earlier, you may need to do some reading. I wouldn't suggest history books, they were damn near sainted in there. Do some real reading.

So yeah, the Constitution is based heavily on faith, tempered by the needs of society and freedom.

As Paul said earlier, you may need to do some reading. I wouldn't suggest history books, they were damn near sainted in there. Do some real reading.

Do you know who the settlers and founders of your Nation were? I haven't seen anything in your posts indicating you do. I'm patient though. I'll wait for you to post something of any substance at all on the issue.

Do you know who the settlers and founders of your Nation were? I haven't seen anything in your posts indicating you do. I'm patient though. I'll wait for you to post something of any substance at all on the issue.

The first settlers escaped Religious persecution...

They're rolling over in thier graves now as it's happening again in the land they came to to escape it.

~Go figure

They're rolling over in thier graves now as it's happening again in the land they came to to escape it.

~Go figure

Yes, we've gone backwards in this Country. We're now living under the same conditions our Founders escaped in England. A massive all-powerful Government stepping on the throats of the People. King George would be so proud of what we've become.

Dude, if your posts were food, people would starve.

~Go figure

And they didn't want to make that mistake twice.

All are welcome here. No religion gets to determine how we live. And that means our laws are not based on the bible.

~Go figure

All are welcome here. No religion gets to determine how we live. And that means our laws are not based on the bible.

Actually, our Laws are based on the Bible. I know you hate to hear that, but it is the truth.

:lol: Still waiting for you to post something of any substance on who the settlers and founders of your Country were. Until i see something, i'll just assume you are absolutely ignorant.

~Go figure

Actually, our Laws are based on the Bible. I know you hate to hear that, but it is the truth.

Our laws are based on the law, so what you just said is not the truth.

We have a few lawyers on board here, you can ask them.

:lol: Still waiting for you to post something of any substance on who the settlers and founders of your Country were. Until i see something, i'll just assume you are absolutely ignorant.

Like you didn't already assume that before? Do I look like I'm new to the ways of trolls? :lol:

European and American Law are deeply rooted in Bible influence. I'm surprised you don't know that. I'm getting more & more disappointed in you.

European and American Law are deeply rooted in Bible influence. I'm surprised you don't know that. I'm getting more & more disappointed in you.

See my last post above yours.

Like you didn't already assume that before? Do I look like I'm new to the ways of trolls? :lol:

Right, you are ignorant. That's what i thought. Let us know when you finish brushing up on American History. :)

Right, you are ignorant. That's what i thought. Let us know when you finish brushing up on American History. :)

She's too busy trying to rewrite it.

BDBoop I thought you wanted to have a discussion? I submit something that shows the treaty of Tripoli to be misquoted and you bypass my reply. Are you too afraid to discuss this subject now?

What's odd about the whole treaty of Treaty of Tripoli Arabic version There is no Article 11. The Arabic text which is between Articles 10 and 12 is in form a letter, crudeand flamboyant and withal quite unimportant, from the Dey of Algiers to the Pasha of Tripoli.

The eleventh article of the Barlow translation has no equivalent whatever in the Arabic. The Arabic text opposite that article is a letter from Hassan Pasha of Algiers to Yussuf Pasha of Tripoli. The letter gives notice of the treaty of peace concluded with the Americans and recommends its observation. Three fourths of the letter consists of an introduction, drawn up by a stupid secretary who just knew a certain number of bombastic words and expressions occurring in solemn documents, but entirely failed to catch their real meaning. Here the only thing to be done by a translator is to try to give the reader an impression of the nonsensical original:

Avalon Project - The Barbary Treaties 1786-1816 - Treaty with Tripoli 1796 <BR> The Annotated Translation of 1930

The treaty of Treaty of Tripoli is a contradiction of what the founders had completed a few years earlier.

First Prayer of the Continental Congress, 1774

Preserve the health of their bodies and vigor of their minds; shower down on them and the millions they here represent, such temporal blessings as Thou seest expedient for them in this world and crown them with everlasting glory in the world to come. All this we ask in the name and through the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son and our Savior.

First Prayer of the Continental Congress, Office of the Chaplain

And you didn't think so before. Christ, but you're a slow one.

BDBoop I thought you wanted to have a discussion? I submit something that shows the treaty of Tripoli to be misquoted and you bypass my reply. Are you too afraid to discuss this subject now?

What's odd about the whole treaty of Treaty of Tripoli Arabic version There is no Article 11. The Arabic text which is between Articles 10 and 12 is in form a letter, crudeand flamboyant and withal quite unimportant, from the Dey of Algiers to the Pasha of Tripoli.

The eleventh article of the Barlow translation has no equivalent whatever in the Arabic. The Arabic text opposite that article is a letter from Hassan Pasha of Algiers to Yussuf Pasha of Tripoli. The letter gives notice of the treaty of peace concluded with the Americans and recommends its observation. Three fourths of the letter consists of an introduction, drawn up by a stupid secretary who just knew a certain number of bombastic words and expressions occurring in solemn documents, but entirely failed to catch their real meaning. Here the only thing to be done by a translator is to try to give the reader an impression of the nonsensical original:

Avalon Project - The Barbary Treaties 1786-1816 - Treaty with Tripoli 1796 <BR> The Annotated Translation of 1930

The treaty of Treaty of Tripoli is a contradiction of what the founders had completed a few years earlier.

First Prayer of the Continental Congress, 1774

Preserve the health of their bodies and vigor of their minds; shower down on them and the millions they here represent, such temporal blessings as Thou seest expedient for them in this world and crown them with everlasting glory in the world to come. All this we ask in the name and through the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son and our Savior.

First Prayer of the Continental Congress, Office of the Chaplain

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was supposed to read every post in the thread, and respond immediately.

Can I be forgiven. It was Mother's Day. Mea Culpa and all that.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was supposed to read every post in the thread, and respond immediately.

You wanted a discussion I thought or was this your attempt at troll Christians here in the forum?

You wanted a discussion I thought or was this your attempt at troll Christians here in the forum?

The latter and to rewrite history to suit her purpose.

Forum List

Back