After a felon serves their sentence

Here is a decent excample, when I got divorced me and the X had restraining orders against us. Now neither of us were allowed to possess guns for like 30,days even though she had to have a gun for her job. In an instant I could have had my 2nd rights taken away for ever had I had a gun in the right circumstances.

Should they be able to own guns?
I ask because them being able to vote is all the rage now.
Shouldn't we be consistent in policy? Meaning all rights restored?
If they were nonviolent felons, they should be allowed to own guns
But voting is ok?

I never saw anyone try to rob a liquor store by threatening to vote
So you want to pick and choose what rights people get back?

rights being restored after release needs to be done on a individual basis after proof of being reformed and becoming a productive member of society doing your time is far from proof of reformation not with a 75% recidivism rate
and there is already a process in place to have rights restored its called a pardon and any one with a record can apply for one

for a militia you got one of those going?
The militia is the people.
Exactly. The wording in the 2nd means that BECAUSE a militia is necessary to our freedom, the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed. It literally means the people’s right to firearms was for the purpose of being able to form a militia when and where needed. It’s a shame that because of the way language progresses throughout history, that people still incorrectly interpret “well regulated” to mean the government has the authority to regulate it.

rights being restored after release needs to be done on a individual basis after proof of being reformed and becoming a productive member of society doing your time is far from proof of reformation not with a 75% recidivism rate
and there is already a process in place to have rights restored its called a pardon and any one with a record can apply for one

There is no way of knowing when someone is released whether they will become productive members of society or return to a life of crime, even if their intention is to to do so. If the felon has served their entire sentence, they should have all rights restored. If they are being released on parole other form of supervision, they don't get their right to own weapons restored until their sentence ends and they are no longer under supervision.

Non-violent felons yes. If they used a gun for a crime? This is my plan to end 95% of gun violence in this country....with my plan....a violent criminal who used a gun for a crime would get a life sentence...so this issue would be moot...

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

You implement this with two other things...

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

That is how you stop gun crime over night.

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....
Mass shooters

1) end gun free zones

2) get the media to stop covering mass shootings like it is the Oscars.....

3) We are already seeing this...get people who know these nuts to report these nuts....

4) Make sure the police who know these nuts arrest these nuts when they have the chance so they will pop on background checks....
What does each do to stop mass shooters....

1) keeps shooters from targeting people, since they target gun free zones.

2) The media not covering it like they are the criminal oscars deters copycats...just like they stopped covering teen suicides to stop the copycat effect

3) The only way to stop mass shooters, since they commit no other crime, is for family, coworkers and neighbors to report their violent behavior....the Odessa shooter should have felonies for the crimes he was committing but they didn't report his shooting his weapon from his front porch....

4) The Parkland shooter had 33 contacts with police and numerous contacts with police at his school.....due to Obama's "Promise Program" the police never arrested him for the felonies he committed....so he didn't pop on the background check..

If they were nonviolent felons, they should be allowed to own guns
But voting is ok?

I never saw anyone try to rob a liquor store by threatening to vote
So you want to pick and choose what rights people get back?

Yes, I do

I disagree with your entire premise that there should be an “after the sentence” for Felons. I believe it should be Life w/o parole or death for Felons. No other options.

in reference to your question... He’ll no. Zero rights for ANY convicted criminals, felon, misdemeanor, or otherwise.

I disagree with your entire premise that there should be an “after the sentence” for Felons. I believe it should be Life w/o parole or death for Felons. No other options.

in reference to your question... He’ll no. Zero rights for ANY convicted criminals, felon, misdemeanor, or otherwise.

Russian forms of punishment are hardly applicable in the real world. That being said, death for convicted felons Paul Manafort, General Flynn, Michael Cohen, et al, sounds good to me. Soon to be joined by Trump, Guliani and Sonderland.

Be careful what you wish for.

Lol right? A person that gets convicted for receiving 50 bucks for sucking a dick should lose all rights!
Dumbfuck

Russian forms of punishment are hardly applicable in the real world. That being said, death for convicted felons Paul Manafort, General Flynn, Michael Cohen, et al, sounds good to me. Soon to be joined by Trump, Guliani and Sonderland.

Death for lying? Lol wtf is wrong with you people

Absolutely not. No guns. No voting. Felony crimes, especially violent crimes, are serious enough that some rights should be taken away for life. "Serving time" is not "rehabilitation". I also have serious reservations about all forms of early release.

It depends on the crime. Violent felonies - rape, murder, mayhem, bombing, ADW, Robbery, Domestic Violence inc. Stalking and Criminal Threats, have lost their 2nd A. Right.

Others who have been sentenced to a locked institution, found to be a danger to themselves or others should be denied the 2nd A. Right.

Any member of a criminal gang in concert to any other crime should be denied the 2nd A. Right.

Punishment needs to fit the crime

If you are a nonviolent felon, you should regain your right to vote and carry a gun once you have served your time

If you have committed a violent crime, rape, domestic abuse, armed robbery, you should forfeit your right to carry a gun again but should be allowed to vote once you have served your time

The names are irrelevant, only the crimes matter. Of course once we return this country to it’s proper foundation and make all forms of Liberalism felonies, that will help quite a bit.

If you are a nonviolent felon, you should regain your right to vote and carry a gun once you have served your time

If you have committed a violent crime, rape, domestic abuse, armed robbery, you should forfeit your right to carry a gun again but should be allowed to vote once you have served your time
So rapists should have a say in public policy but someone who hit their gf shouldnt get back a constitutional right?

Lol right? A person that gets convicted for receiving 50 bucks for sucking a dick should lose all rights!

People need to learn to follow the rules of Society or to expect to be expelled from that Society, one way or another. Nobody is forcing anyone to live here. You can move to some shithole European country where criminality is acceptable any time you want.

So rapists should have a say in public policy but someone who hit their gf shouldnt get back a constitutional right?

They should be allowed to vote for any candidate they choose. I am unaware of any candidates running on a pro-rape platform

Child rapists should not be allowed around children
All rapists should be denied guns
As should those convicted of domestic violence

Yes.

Once they have served their debt to society they should be given full rights back.

If they cannot be trusted with those rights, then they should not be let out of prison.
Convicted violent felons should never have full rights restored

For them no voting and no guns

That cuts both ways. It's real easy to get convicted for a "violent" misdemeanor, thus costing one their rights to possess and own guns. That could be you real easy.
Anyone who used a deadly weapon to commit a violent crime should never get out of prison till they are too old to lift a gun

In general only about 5% of the population cause 95% of the crime including murder

Deal with them and norway will look like the wild west by comparison to America

It would be the WHOLE sentence, including any parole or post release supervision. Only then could they be given full rights back.
Indeed. I probably should have clarified. Some think parole isnt part if a sentence lol

Most people also do not know that there is no parole in the federal judicial system.

Forum List

Back