Aetna Forcing 600,000-Plus To Lose Coverage In Effort To Raise Profits

"The pricing we put in place for 2009 turned out to not really be what we needed to achieve the results and margins that we had historically been delivering," said chairman and CEO Ron Williams. "We view 2010 as a repositioning year, a year that does not fully reflect the earnings potential of our business. Our pricing actions should have a noticeable effect beginning in the first quarter of 2010, with additional financial impact realized during the remaining three quarters of the year."

Translation:

We didn't charge our customers enough. Next year we're wearing the effect of that piss-poor decision so we're going to bang up our prices to make more money.

I used to live in Sicily and the first time I went hiking on mount Etna a voice in my head said "Etna I am glad I met ya."

Now that, is an effective Ad slogan!

"The pricing we put in place for 2009 turned out to not really be what we needed to achieve the results and margins that we had historically been delivering," said chairman and CEO Ron Williams. "We view 2010 as a repositioning year, a year that does not fully reflect the earnings potential of our business. Our pricing actions should have a noticeable effect beginning in the first quarter of 2010, with additional financial impact realized during the remaining three quarters of the year."

Translation:

We didn't charge our customers enough. Next year we're wearing the effect of that piss-poor decision so we're going to bang up our prices to make more money.

well, if they were charging enough they were in danger of going in the hole and sinking the whole ship which is what the obamalama is hell bent on doing, sinking the whole ship

Translation:

well, if they were charging enough they were in danger of going in the hole and sinking the whole ship which is what the obamalama is hell bent on doing, sinking the whole ship

Aetna is one of the worst Ins.Companies out there.....i have never ever heard a good story about them,why anyone would go with them is beyond me....in my office alone we have around 25 employees....this year 6 of them who had Aetna dropped them because they did not want to cover anything,according to these people,and just basically sucked....now i think my office is Aetna free.......

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Translation:

Aetna is one of the worst Ins.Companies out there.....i have never ever heard a good story about them,why anyone would go with them is beyond me....in my office alone we have around 25 employees....this year 6 of them who had Aetna dropped them because they did not want to cover anything,according to these people,and just basically sucked....now i think my office is Aetna free.......

Amazing isn't it that your office managed to find a way to fix Aetna's poor service WITHOUT government mandate. Who'd of thunk it.

But, but, Aetna's headquarters are in Connecticut with that great Senator Joe Lieberman.

You think there is a connection?

Amazing isn't it that your office managed to find a way to fix Aetna's poor service WITHOUT government mandate. Who'd of thunk it.

Choosing between health insurance companies is like the "choice" between having your left or right foot cut off.

they did make a profit, they just don't think its high enough. they don't care if people die at their hands, as long as their yachts are decked with prostitutes and cocaine

All you that think you'll be better off with government run health care...raise your left hand.:lol:

Translation" They are raising their prices..

dishonest fuckery again!

Is it? Or are they getting rid of liabilities?

I'll sell you a policy for $100,000. Can't afford it? Well, guess you made the choice to be dropped then.

Is there a point you are trying to make here? Is there some "right" to cheap health insurance? Are you guaranteed to have some package of financial benefits? I'll help you out here because your cognitive powers are poor: no.
Health insurance is a good/service just like any other. There is a marketplace with many sellers and buyers and each party makes its best deal. The alternative is a horrendously expensive system that will bankrupt this country.

I tried to tell you all back in October to buy stock in health insurance providers, since it was really cheap and due to shoot up. Since none of the "benefits" of the health scare bill take effect for several years, they have plenty of time to make adjustments now, then wait for the 20 million extra new customers the health scare bill mandate is going to send them!

BILLIONS of new revenue for the "evil insurance providers!" HUGE profits for me!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back