Aetna Forcing 600,000-Plus To Lose Coverage In Effort To Raise Profits

Choosing between health insurance companies is like the "choice" between having your left or right foot cut off.

not so....Blue shield covered EVERYTHING for my wife(epileptic) that Kaiser rejected.....and they rejected a hell of a lot....her kaiser doctor did not know what to tell her....Blue Shield told us.....if your Doctor wants it done....it will get done....so far nothing has been rejected......

Republicans say, "Who wants to take care of a bunch of sick people"?

This is called "good business practice". Or "Cut and run - with the money".

The last people Republicans will defend is a bunch of sick people.

Dean i still see you are a pile of shit....want me to turn you back into a toad?.....just say the word buddy....

Dean i still see you are a pile of shit....want me to turn you back into a toad?.....just say the word buddy....

Republicans were in charge 8 of the last 9 years. Next, Republicans will be telling us the ONLY reason they weren't able to pass heath care reform was because the Democrats stood in the way. I haven't heard it yet, but it's coming, I have no doubt.

Republicans were in charge 8 of the last 9 years. Next, Republicans will be telling us the ONLY reason they weren't able to pass heath care reform was because the Democrats stood in the way. I haven't heard it yet, but it's coming, I have no doubt.
Ever for a moment consider....

that the whole issue of health care reform...

is a bad idea...?

REGARDLESS OF PARTY!?!

Choosing between health insurance companies is like the "choice" between having your left or right foot cut off.

not so....Blue shield covered EVERYTHING for my wife(epileptic) that Kaiser rejected.....and they rejected a hell of a lot....her kaiser doctor did not know what to tell her....Blue Shield told us.....if your Doctor wants it done....it will get done....so far nothing has been rejected......

Hopefully that continues to work out for you, but odds are they're going to find a loophole to drop the coverage or they're going to start claiming her treatments are experimental.

Turns out the American Samoa Standard for health care wouldn't have won many votes.

That's a matter of opinion.

It's also a matter of opinion that you are a leech...but that's another thread. At any rate...you clowns that want free shit...move to France and give up 80% of yor paychecks...

Or stay where you are and go bankrupt.

Your choice....

Get off your lazy ass and get a job other than 7Eleven...then maybe you can get some decent health care instead of enlarging your fat ass on Slurpees all day and not be a burden on society when your heart explodes.

I made my choice...got EXCELLENT healthcare, work for a living and pay my fair share of taxes....how about you...no load?

You really don't get it, do you? You are already paying for healthcare for everyone. It's the MOST EXPENSIVE healthcare there is.

It's called the emergency room.

Every other industrialized country in the world has national health insurance, and because they do, they are able to control costs and pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because they are smarter than we are.

BULLSHIT...more lies from the board's bullshit artist phony author.....

except that he is right, but fox would never tell you that

Like I said...if you don't like it here LEAVE...go somewhere else for your free shit that you won't see for another 4 years.

The downfall of the USA started when Libruls were allowed to vote. It's frightening. They have a hatred for free enterprise that you don't see even in Communist China any more.

Aetna is allowed to raise prices and people are allowed to get their insurance elsewhere.

Why is this even news?

Oh, I forgot, Libs just had their 2 Minute Hate on the Insurance Companiesssssssss and their Profiteseseesesssss my precious.

i bet you never even read the book

Yeah, there's a good bet.

Aetna isn't unloading a damn thing. Sorry. They expect when they rasie their prices to offset cost increases as any businessman with half a brain would do (please note one of the ways insurance companies try to keep rates down is by playing the stock market and a lot of them especially AIG got the crap kicked out of them when the market crashed) to lose customers who will find cheaper insurance of some sort somewhere else.

It's also a matter of opinion that you are a leech...but that's another thread. At any rate...you clowns that want free shit...move to France and give up 80% of yor paychecks...

Your choice....

Get off your lazy ass and get a job other than 7Eleven...then maybe you can get some decent health care instead of enlarging your fat ass on Slurpees all day and not be a burden on society when your heart explodes.

I made my choice...got EXCELLENT healthcare, work for a living and pay my fair share of taxes....how about you...no load?

What about the single mother with 3 children who gets cancer?

How does she work to pay an insurance premium while she is fighting cancer?

Modern day conservatism is the political codification of selfishness.

Your choice....

I am in the enviable position of being covered by two UHC systems. And I pay very little for supplimental private insurance. (€800 PA - No co pays, family of 4. Covers all ellectives, two anual GP checkups, Emergency transportation worldwide etc).

I'm.
Not.
American.

ANd I have a very good job. Which is amazing considering I never made it to college (which is free up to BA level here, and grants up to PHD.)

Oh, did I mention the Mrs is insulin dependant type I diabetic? (That's free too.)

And we manage to cover all of that for everyone, yet still pay less as a percentage of GDP than you.

Last edited:
The emergency room is required by law to provide emergency lifesaving medical procedures for immediate life threatening conditions.
Nothing more.
Quick primer on how this works:

By law the emergency room is mandated to treat you up to the point where you can be discharged.
Over here and in every other UHC system the medical system is mandated to be curative.

How does that work?
If you get treated in an ER for a heart attack, they stabilize your condition, perscribe anti coagulants, nitro glycerine pills etc, then dump your arse.

Over here, they do that too, then schedule the bypass surgery or the valve replacement required to cure that condition.

Net result being that you don't show up in the ER again.

They can still bill the recipient - they only fail with those who are indigent - as long as they got a consent form signed at any point.

Those who aren't indigent, by and large don't present to ERs as primary care.

Guy gets carried in bleeding by Firefighters who happened across him and he, upon awakening refuses to sign, might get the bill passed on.
Guy comes in with no insurance and terminal cancer and unless Medicaid covers the treatment he's out of luck.

Then it isn't a healthcare system. It's a helath treatment system.

I don't want to pay for some bums Medicaid.

People can choose to live within their means or forgo medical insurance, the same choice I make. There is no excuse to charge me for a national health insurance scam
Until of course you or your family need it.....

Why doesn't the single mom with cancer have health insurance? Why doesn't her ex-husband help out with the kids? Where is her community and her family? Why is it that every example the left has is such an awful person that no one loves them except the govt? (Where's that sarcasm emoticon?)

your problem Dean is you cant tell the difference between a FAR RIGHT "Republican" and a regular Republican...everything you quote or post is a FAR right talking point...

Why do Libruls always forget about friends, family and community?

Why is "Big Gubbamint Teats!" the answer to EVERY question?

Forum List

Back